Fangorn Forever - OOC

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Ent Ancient
@Oak - oh do take photos! I'd love to see your herd. Sadly, I only have a back patio where I live now and a small slice of garden, but I have some small potted trees. I admit I'm jealous of your backyard - sounds so beautiful! I used to have a nice yard before I moved, but I'm glad you get to enjoy such beauty. The photo was of one of my favourite parks I used to frequent back in BC. In the spring, camas flowers cover the ground in purple! The bees liked it, too.

@Flame Fried Ent - purple is one of my favourite flower colors. (The other being yellow). And there's never too small a scale to start gardening! :) You can start a nice miniature garden on a balcony!

@Nienna - ooo I really like those!! I think the first is my favourite because the little flower evokes the notion of growing to me.

Esquire of The Mark
Thank you @Lailyn and @Nienna for your lovely banners.
I have to agree with Lailyn, that first one of Nienna's really captures the element of growing, so I will use that one for the first thread. If we get enough interest, I will come back and use the others you have both contributed for subsequent threads, as I like them all!

Thread will go up tomorrow :)
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Ent High Elder
FriENTship and teamwork warms my old Entish heart. Nicely done everyone!

On another note - new topic in the Memes thread!
Fangorn Forever

Wise Ent
@Lailyn , I'll take your word for it! I also like some red flowers...favourites are poppies, lilacs, lavender. I"ll see what I can find here.

Mojo has a heart? I thought his had fossilized after so long away. :smiley17: :smiley17:
Do not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for You are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup.

Ent High Elder
My heart has always, and will always, lie in the forests of Fangorn.

(Heck, I remember writing a Song Parody of Zeppelin's "All of My Love" for Fangorn once)
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
My heart will also always be in Fangorn. I have loved trees since I was but a little sapling. I was fascinated with particularly large trees that cast deep shade. There was just something soothing about the dappled shade.
Huorn of Fangorn

Fea
Mojo wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:09 am My heart has always, and will always, lie in the forests of Fangorn.
Mine, too. :)

Ent High Elder
@Munchikinka !! Welcome back, it's great to see you back in the forest again! Hope you're doing well!
Fangorn Forever

Esquire of The Mark
MUNCHI!!!!!! Long time no see, glad you made it back to Fangorn, I was hoping you would come!
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Weathered Ent
@Munchikinka ! Old memories. So happy you made it back to Fangorn. Fellow Oak, if my memories serves me right. I remember you as Holly Oak.
Huorn of Fangorn

Wise Ent
MUNCHI!!!!!! *huggleglomps*. You’re back! We need to have a long chat!

Did you go to vet school??

Welcome back!
Do not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for You are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup.

Fea
@Mojo @Fairy Nuff @Oak @Flame Fried Ent !!!!!
Oh, so many old friends, warms my heart to read all of your names again!! Been a very long time indeed— shame to hear about the old Plaza, I’ve been trawling web archives and reading what I can find. I was 13 when I joined and I’m now 31, but not that much has changed :smiley8:

@Flame Fried Ent I sure did, I now look after the fluffier members of society, not so much the leafy ones!
@Oak yes I believe I was! A little pesky one!

Wise Ent
Munchi! How the heck are you :smiley24:

Just as a side note, my IRL job doesn't really permit me the time or mental space to engage with anything on the regular. However, I'm a chronic lurker and it's really great to see everyone coming back :smiley8:

Wise Ent
@Munchikinka Yay! Minchifoo the Vet! Where are you working? What sort of animals do you deal with?

Weathered Ent
@Munchikinka Oh no wonder you were such a pesky little Oak. You were a little sapling!
Huorn of Fangorn

Istari Steward
In this thread:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100104080 ... TID=236427

which was the very last post, I think, that I ever made on the old plaza, it says that Ducky spends most of his time in Fangorn these days, so my plan is to stick to that. I spent a good 18 months as a tree icon on the old plaza anyway, so Fangorn has always been quite near and dear to this wizard's heart. Cheers! :mrgreen:

Ent High Elder
You are always welcome in Fangorn @KingODuckingham!! Of course, we tried to persuade all the Wizards to come here into the canonically accurate Treegarth of Isengard and explore the dusty halls of old Orthanc but they decided on Rohan instead.....

But really, drop by as often as you like!
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
@KingODuckingham I think Orthanc is a bit overgrown with trees and even Hourns these days. No circle. I hope you don't mind that. :)
Huorn of Fangorn

Fea
@Li. omg. Hello!!! Wow, it has been a long time! From one chronic lurker to another it is good to see you :D

@Flame Fried Ent all of them really, except anything with feathers or scales, too scared of those. Green thumb is still lacking as per usual :smiley16:

Wise Ent
No birds or snakes....aren’t there a lot of those in ‘Straya, @Munchikinka ??

Find me on FB and we can chat!

Fea
Sure are, and I do my best to avoid them. :smiley8:
I’m not much on FB but will try— I am on the discord server though! Takes me back to the old days of MSN/AIM!

Ent High Elder
@Munchikinka What's your name on Discord? I've been trying to add all the Ents.
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
@Mojo Where's the discord server? I have discord - though my username on there is very different - it will have to be adjusted on the server -- Grumman Tomcat#8992
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent High Elder
The Discord server is here -> https://discord.gg/65WHx5f (There was an OOME thread about it, I think)

I just signed up for Discord last week to join the Plaza server so I'm still learning the ropes of how it all works, but it's fun!
Fangorn Forever

Wise Ent
@Munchikinka , what's your Discord name? I'll find you there.

Ent High Elder
Meg - join the Plaza server!

Also, anyone who wants to can add me on Discord -> Mojo#4682
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
@Mojo That server is buckets of fun. I could fritter away a whole day on there.
Huorn of Fangorn

Wise Ent
I"m already on Plaza server, @Mojo ....joined when it was first mentioned. I just don't post much there

Fea
Flame Fried Ent wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:52 pm @Munchikinka , what's your Discord name? I'll find you there.
Still learning the ropes as well but I think it’s Munchi#1829. :geek:

Wise Ent
Yay! Just sent you a request....tis from AnyaDragonmom#1227

New Soul
@Munchikinka , @Flame Fried Ent and @MistressofJesters ! Happy to see you!
Munchi, long time.. :-D

Wise Ent
@Nienna, great to see you too!

Wie geht's?

New Soul
Prima @Flame Fried Ent dankeschön! and you? all good?
Isn't it great to see all the "old" and familiar faces again, here on the nu-plaza? Even though I'm rather busy atm, I can still find time to read some of those fantastic and funny posts here. Enjoying it so much!

Wise Ent
@Nienna Jaja, prima!

I’ve sortakinda improved my German, but not a lot.

It is great to see everyone.

Now if only Lilith and Region would come back....

Weathered Ent
We are also missing Lanthir Lamath. I have not seen her on the Plaza. If anyone has her E-mail they might try contacting her.
Huorn of Fangorn

Fea
I did mention it to Region a few weeks back. He definitely took a look cause he replied delighting in the super nostalgia, but I guess he must not have enough time to join right now.

Wise Ent
Lanthy knows, but she's pretty busy now, so I dunno if she'll join.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
HI guys! Just come to say hi..no axes I promise!

Lanthy, Faldras and Beliowen all know about the site.
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Ent High Elder
Hi @Queen Nerwen thanks for the info!

And we do welcome our Dwarven friends, particularly those who are friends with the famous axe-makers Fen Der, Iban Ez and Gib son of Lespaul.
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
@Queen Nerwen How is Lanthy doing these days? It's been quite a few years since I last heard from her.
Huorn of Fangorn

Wise Ent
Lanthy and Faldras are doing well...Busy with work and their kids.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Yes the above, all happy and well last time I heard. I haven't seen either of them for about 4 years, but i know they keep in touch :)
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Ent Ancient
Hi friENTs! Would anyone like to see a Fangorn free RP thread? We can stretch our imaginations a little and you could play Eagles in it if you would like that @Oak and @Dis! I saw you mention that a while back.

Loremaster of the Herd
I'd love that @Lailorn! I've been meaning to write something for the Treegarth, but a Free RP would suit just as well.

On a similar topic, Taeth pointed out in the Character Development CoLP thread that we... Don't have a character thread. Obviously the ratio of discussion / game to RP threads is a little higher on the discussion end here in Fangorn than in other regions, but ought we make one?
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Ent Ancient
Oh well maybe its better to stick with the Treegarth for now.

I say go for it @Androthelm! I did not realise we were the only ones without until I saw that. I have an Ent character floating around in my head who I need to flesh out a little bit and would like to start RPing once I do.

Loremaster of the Herd
@Lailorn that's my position exactly -- I've always wanted to write as an ent, but never happened to get around to it. I'll make a thread momentarily.

EDIT: Done! @Mojo if you want to stick it in the OP for this thread as well it's here. Also, if anyone has a good header image please let me know, it's looking a little bare.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Wise Ent
Geez, now I need to start thinking about characters and RP? Now I remember why I went so much into Lore on Old!Plaza.

I think I"ll need help on developing any character!

also, I'm sortakinda back? I've not been faithful in terms of posting much.

Ent Ancient
@Flame Fried Ent - don't feel obligated to. :smooch: but also happy to help if you want it. There's a Character Development Thread in CoLP but I don't know if its more than what you need or not. I have no in-depth plans for my Fangorn character.

Wise Ent
Good to know, @Lailorn ! I’ll see how it goes. Was easier when I was Quickbeam, at least then I had something to go on!

Ent Ancient
@Androthelm - thanks for jumping in with Gwaihir! :smooch: I hope you had fun with it, too.