Fangorn Forever - OOC

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Loremaster of the Herd
Yes! It was delightful @Lail. Writing for Broa was especially fun.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Ent Ancient
I swear I will get my Ent over there sometime but I sure am being Entish about it.

Khazad Elder
I am not sure if this is Fangorn's OOC thread. Please forgive me if it is not.

Greetings tall Ents! We are updating the Master List in Global Announcements. Can someone please post the active threads Fangorn wishes to see in the list at this time. You can post them here -> Global Member Announcements: What's Going on Around the Plaza

Please do not bother posting these threads:
Picture Threads
Post Offices
Announcement Threads
Character Submissions
OOC Thread
Archive Threads

Thanks!
Last edited by Drifa on Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ent Ancient
@Drifa I don't really know either to be honest so you're fine! I'll take a look in the next couple days and send some links your way unless someone hasty beats me to it.

Fea
It warms the deepest reaches of my heart to see this place reborn. For those who may not remember, I ruled as Quickbeam for a few years like fifteen years ago. On the spur of the moment just now, I googled the Plaza to see if anything had been recreated or even if anyone remembered. Lo and behold. I am shook, as the kids say these days.

Ent Ancient
Hi Nav!! I remember you, its good to see you back!

Khazad Elder
Hi Nav! Welcome back!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Loremaster of the Herd
Welcome back! I had the same experience -- Googling to try and see if anyone was talking about it and finding that the Plaza had been recreated instead! Crazy that we're coming up on a year of it being back up, soon.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Ent Ancient
Greener Pastures
In Beneath the Boughs Forest Free RP here:

Join me in a Second Age Entish RP story in which we answer questions like: Why did some Ents go to the Brown Lands? What did they do when they got there? Who did they meet? Did any venture further away?
And
What happened when their lands were destroyed?

All players are welcome. Feel free to play an Ent, a human or a hobbit (yes I'd love to see early hobbits mingling with the Lost Ents of the Brown Lands). If you want to play someone else, let me know, I'm sure it'll be fine! Hop in like you would in a free RP type thread or follow the optional prompt. I may do additional prompts as we go along but we'll see how it goes. There's absolutely no need to "keep up" with prompts or catch up if you get behind, just pop in and out as you please. I want this to be fun, casual and cooperative RP for people to engage in so let me know what you'd like to see, what ideas you have, etc.! And if you have any questions or anything, I am all ears!

Black Númenórean
I was just browsing around for a general OOC thread in Fangorn and eventually realized that this one has kinda been serving that purpose for a while. I'll admit that that was not immediately clear to me from the title, though that might be because I don't spend enough time amongst the trees.

So, what do others think? Is this the Fangorn OOC? If it is, should we ask a kind admin to throw that label on the thread title? Or would it be helpful to have a new thread expressly for OOC stuff?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
I am clearly not clever enough to be an Ent. In retrospect after a brief perusal, it should be obviously that such an alliterative title would be the OOC thread here but for the longest time it flew right over me.

*insert slow reaction axolotl gif*

If anything, I think if an admin is willing to pop "OOC" in the title it would help out rubes and derps like myself.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
It seemed like the OOC based on chitchat and thread planning to me. Seems sensible to add "OOC" to the title! :thumbs:

Black Númenórean
I'm good with that if others are and if any passing admin has time to make that change!

I did think about poking Mojo since he opened this thread, but he's not been on in months. As this would just clarify the thread purpose and doesn't change its content or involve closing it to open a replacement, it's probably okay to go ahead?

Ent Ancient
:thumbs: Being such a minor change, seems fine to me.

Balrog
:party: fullsupportblob
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
*the moon drifts slowly by*

Let me know if the title needs any further tweaking!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Black Númenórean
Looks great to me! Thank you! :smile:

Black Númenórean
I’ve opened three free RP threads that are bound not - as per Plaza tradition - by location, but by timeline. For some stories set in numerous locations, I prefer posting them in a single place over moving from thread to thread as the narrative dictates. I hope they are useful to others as well!

I decided to put them in here because Fangorn Forest, unlike all the other Plaza kingdoms, existed in one form or another throughout all the ages of the world. I do want to be super clear that stories in these new threads are not restricted to Fangorn or any other forest! (We have the wonderful Beneath the Boughs: Forest Free RP thread, created by @Tuilindo, if anyone is looking for a forest-specific thread. :smile:)

⭐

Balrog
I... have... so... many... ideas!!! :partybear: Honestly before the thread mentioned the Years of the Lamps I hadn't even conceived of anything I could write during that time. You opened the floodgates for all sort of mythological headcanons

Black Númenórean
Bring on the headcanons!

New Soul
@Zôrzimril - firstly thank you so much for this :rainbowheart: I like your explanation for these threads and the OPs are wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading everyone's ideas and posts in those threads and thinking of a few myself when I get the chance. You are very amaze! :rainbowheart:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Khazad Elder
Hi ho @Hop-Frog ! I was just wondering, can the winner of a Thief Hunt round come up with new possible Culprits, Hiding Spots, and Items? It would change things up a bit and revive the Hunt. What do you think?

Balrog
You know what @Drifa, I think that's a fantastic idea! Perhaps it will also stop people from assuming poor Fleeg is always to blame for everything going wrong.

So, that being said @Romeran! If you would like to come up with 2 new culprits (canon or non-canon), locations (canon or non-canon), and items, I'll add them to the list of possibilities

Istari Sage
Sounds good to me @Drifa how about these, @Hop-Frog:

Culprits: A Hasty Huorn, A Clever Crebain
Locations: The banks of the Limlight, Treebeard's Hill
Items: One of Treebeard's Leaves, A Peculiar Flower

Balrog
Those look perfect! I will add them forthwith and the new round can begin

New Soul
Romeran: Hey! I don't know what kind of plans you have with the Sundering of the Elves. I posted to match it a bit too yours. But if you haven't, then I could label mine private and continue on with Minyár alone? I left a reply once in the OOME section, and posted finally. But I don't know what your hopes still are? :confused:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Istari Sage
@Aikári Salmarinian I remember you commenting in OOME about it, I'm glad you decided to make a post. I don't have any explicit plans/goals other than to do a bit of RP about the march and sundering. My elf, Liralen is of the Nelyar but his mother is of the Minyar so perhaps that would give him a connection to Námorinyë? At the moment I'm thinking it would be (1) a bit of discourse around how the elves feel about leaving, and about a possible sundering (as not all of the elves even leave on the march) then (2) some RP on the during the march and the later sundering events. Maybe Lirelen (who's already decided to go on the march) can be meeting with his mother and run into Námorinyë and they can have a conversation about the upcoming march? Or we can have them meet later or not at all! Let me know and I'll work on a follow up post.

New Soul
Romeran: Thanks for your explanation. I'll reread your post to find about Lirelen. For the Nelyar it is certainly questionable to leave. And the Tetyar are divided at some fronts as well. What is so little known about the smallest people I am making up with the most likely logic that lay within the spirit of the Minyár. If you decide that Lirelen meets his mother, it happens so. That is your area and ownership of your characters. Námorinyë was invented intantly when I was writing, so I don't have a clear outlining. I had only the name of the Náromindúrë House of where Salmarin and his children Aikári, Aikanáto and Gilennárë belong. But all of them are Valinor born in later times after the Great Journey west. They can meet up, that is alright with me. I'll look forward for your post and will reply quicker than promised first. I had to bump into inspiration for it. The Cuivienen time I have never covered storywise.

Istari Sage
@Aikári Salmarinian i made another post. I had Lirelen (he is half Minyar through his mother) make for the host of the Minyar to seek her out as she was staying with her family. Feel free to have Námorinyë run into Lirelen or go about her business and Lirelen can find her in a subsequent post by me. I’d be curios to get Námorinyë’s opinion on the march and the first sundering of the eldar.

New Soul
Romeran: Aye, I have Námorinyë meeting with Lirelen, although she is not known with him. She is a bit about her business too, having met just another man who more or less stole already her fancies. I have yet to think out what she thinks of the journey west, although I made a jabbering if they could go as fast possible. :rofl: Rather sort of impatience. It takes more than twenty Valian years in 1132 that they are shipped to the Valinorean lands. She functions as the matriarch of her yet to form house, my later characters descend from.

Ent Ancient
Greener Pastures OOC - just a note I lightly moved time forward a little and kept things fairly loose and easy so players can come and go as they choose without feeling obligated to keep up. I suppose I should have said before but I'll say now that as the informal GM of this story, I reserve the right to very lightly godmode to move things along as I did here. Hopefully that is ok. Also as you can see, I am slow :grin: and in the interest of time, trying to keep posts shorter.

If any players would like their characters to already know or have interacted with Fimbrethil in the past, please go ahead and do so!

FYI I hope to do a couple more cozy peaceful-style posts of Ents, humans and hobbits settling and getting along well before there will be a bigger time skip forward to the not-so-good times when Sauron comes :headshake: so it won't stay cozy forever!

Khazad Elder
Hey @Metatron Omega - Maybe we can get the thief hunt game up and running again; what do you think? I hope you don't mind. I made a new list of culprits, hiding spots and items to freshen the game up if you care to use them. Should we give it a go?

Possible Culprit:
Fin the Elf - Thofum the Dwarf - Douglas the Ent - Deoflasa the Human - Gastom the Hobbit - Castor the Beaver - Arth the Bear - Oral the Eagle - Jorty the Hart - Feta the Swan

Possible Hiding Place:
between the beard and whiskers of lichen - in a packet of lembas - near the old stump with only two branches - near the fringe of the forest - on the a-lalla-lalla-rumba-kamanda-lind-or-burúmë - between the stone jars and ladle - under a great bed on low legs - near the feet of great stumbling stones - besides a row of Rowan - near a few gaunt pine-trees

Possible Stolen Item:
two small bowls - the pillows of grass - all the red berries of the rowan tree - the great vessel with the golden light - the bed on low legs - one large bowl - the great vessel with the rich green light - a basket of sloe berries - a cob of corn - Quickbeam's comb

Balrog
Because you put so much work into it, I can't say no! :grin: We'll give it another go with this new round up. Shall I run it again or would you like to give it a go?

Khazad Elder
If you have the time, please run it. I can be a stand-in when you think you'll be away if you like.
It wasn't too much work. 😊 New gives the game a refreshing lift, I think.

Orc Chieftain
Since Naelia just conquered the Tower of Might, she might be up for some more thief hunting (even if it isn't in Mordor). Depending on where you move the next one, I can bring in some of my lighter characters (like Elanor Starsley in the Shire, for example), since Naelia likes to stay close to her home base (probably due to being kidnapped by her own mother once upon a time). And depending on the theme, I'll probably be participating in Mordor's Halloween based Thief Hunt (if there is one), since even last year, I was able to give the Bears theme a try. :wink:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Khazad Elder
@Fuin Elda - We need those pesky Fuincoons in the Thief Hunt. :smile:

Khazad Elder
@Silky Gooseness - So, in the Stakeout game, do I post as Cornflower the mouse or a vampire mouse/scooby doo mouse? Sorry, I am just a tiny creature and get confused. Thanks!

Arien
Arien
Hi @Drifa! You can choose whether you want to be a Vampire or a Scooby! Normally mice don’t feature much in Sunnydale except when humans have been turned into them, but I look forward to seeing Cornflower take the field :lol:
cave anserem

Khazad Elder
I have just now educated myself. As a young mouse, I never owned a box with moving people inside. I saw one on a daring trip through a glass, cement and wood structure but dared not stop and watch. (I have never watched the series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, though I do know of it. :smile: )

Thanks, Sil!

Arien
Arien
If it helps the Scoobies is the nickname for Buffy’s group of friends who fight vampires, and it is a nod to Scooby Doo
cave anserem

Éowyn
Éowyn
You've never watched Buffy! :O But, but, but... *hangs head*
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Ent Ancient
:lol: thank you @Afird Splitax your latest post in the birding bonanza made me laugh!

Crafts Master
Here again also. Once again Borroimno 's best wishes to all. And a huge welcome full of leaves to everybody.

Khazad Elder
@Lail :grin: Thanks!