Fangorn Forever - OOC

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Weathered Ent
:smiley9: Rolls around on the forest floor laughing.

@Mojo I actually don't think they dislike you that much.
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent High Elder
Haha I wouldn't say *dislike* per se but more of a "Shake my head not this again" or Charlie Brown-esque "Oh good grief" kind of response :smiley9:
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
It still hit my funny bone. Hilarious meme card. :smiley8:

I am surprised no one has posted any Groot Memes yet. When I first saw that character, the first word that popped in my head was 'Ent'.
Huorn of Fangorn

Crafts Master
viewtopic.php?f=15&p=3571#p3571

Greetings everybody!

Khazaddum has recently started their own Newsletter, The Mirromere. We would love everyone from each kingdom to contribute to it. It can be anything. Poetry, prose, a pencil sketch, a painting, a short story. Literally anything creative. If this is something that would interest you, pop on over to our Editor's Office (link above) and put your name down.

Thanks!
Thorin

Enting
Hi everyone,

Went afk for few days because my neck got stuck again and was living in pain lol. Finally got the good medication so going to be bit more productive from tomorrow on. I hope atleast. Lying on bed all day is boring.

I see new stuff which is nice! Will try to read up tonight.
Little bonsai tree

Ent High Elder
Hi @Eurie, hope you feel better soon! No great rush, but I hope you have some fun with the activities that have sprouted so far!
Fangorn Forever

Loremaster of Gondor
Just spreading the word, I was going through my old photobucket, and I saw I had boards from the old Word Sleuth games. And from the few games I officiated, I have all 26 letter tiles too. I have made a blank tile as well, just because.

The Word Sleuth Tiles are Here
The Word Sleuth Boards are Here
Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy- Stonewall Jackson
Hubris guarantees disaster.- T C

Ent High Elder
@Turin Ringhûn I would absolutely be up for playing a round of Word Sleuth, that's agreat find thanks for sharing!
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
I don't think I have ever played word sleuth before. But I think this time, I might try to play the game. There's a lot of games I didn't play on the Old Plaza.
Huorn of Fangorn

Loremaster of Gondor
No prob Mojo. I posted it in Gondor, but I figured everyone would want it, so I spammed the post to each kingdom (bad me). Don't know if they'll be put to use at all, but wanted to spread it for just in case.
Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy- Stonewall Jackson
Hubris guarantees disaster.- T C

New Soul
hoom, everybody! I am a tad busy atm, but would love to open a Mockingbird Mail Hollow tree postage thread thingy soonish, if permitted, that is. Might call it differently, but hey, it's the Nu-Plaza, so...
It'll be a place for IC-messages to forest residents from all the kingdoms. Now, that we can tag peeps, finding the posts will be much easier then. What say you?

Ent High Elder
@Nienna Ithink that's a great idea!

Since we don't really have rulers or admins at the moment, it's kind of like the wild west (Wild Western Mountains?) so you don't really need permission to open anything (you can just do it!), but I'll give you my vote of support if that counts for anything :smiley22:
Fangorn Forever

New Soul
and I thank you for that @Mojo . With no rulers to supervise things I am still a bit careful and don't want to spam things around. Though this IS the wild nu-plaza, and things can vanish any minute, too... :smiley8:
anyhoom, I will try and set something up soonish. I already found a free piccie as header so all need now is a name for the thread.
thanks again, for the thumbs up!

Enting
Sounds like fun @Nienna! Sorry Ents, RL seems so full at the moment. Somehow I don't find nearly enough time for everything I want to do...

Thain of The Mark
Just wandered over from Rohan to say that if you all do start up a gardening-related thread over here for pictures and progress updates and advice, I will enthusiastically contribute and know at least one other Rohirrim who would too :smiley24: Will keep checking back to see how it goes!
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Ent High Elder
Oh yes, thanks for the input! Is anyone willing to start the thread? I can do it, but I dont want to hog all the thread-running if someone else would like to do it. If anyone is interested, feel free to just jump in and do it!
Fangorn Forever

Thain of The Mark
Stalking @Thalionwen's posts and I have a feeling that the other Rohir she is referring to in this case is me. :smiley9: :smiley17:

But she is entirely correct and if there was a gardening thread here I would *definitely* frequent Fangorn often.
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Thain of The Mark
Of course it was you, @Taethowen :smiley11:
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Wise Ent
I'd open it but I know nothing about gardening....

if everybody is willing for a novice to open it, and then sit back and let the greenhouse run itself, then cool.
Do not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for You are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup.

Esquire of The Mark
I don't really do flowers, I grow food, is that enough knowledge to contribute to running a greenhouse?
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Ent High Elder
@Fairy Nuff based on the conversation everyone else has had it seems you have more knowledge on growing things than most of us, so I say go for it!👍
Fangorn Forever

New Soul
@Fairy Nuff , just open the thread, girl (imho)! you can then (maybe) put a head gardener and maybe 2 gardeners in on duty, answering questions and posting pictures of plants, trees or flowers, which we then can identify or just talk about. Maybe a Q&A thingy too, of sorts. As far as I can see, there is no garden thread in any of the other kingdoms as for now, so it won't get dull, I guess :smiley8:

Ent Ancient
I remember a gardening thread in Fangorn before. I'll try to dig later and see if I can find it if that helps at all?
she/her

Esquire of The Mark
OK, I'll open it at the weekend. Yes please @Lailyn - save me doing something that has already been done :)
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Ent Ancient
I tried to have a look @Fairy Nuff so far not luck with Wayback. I think it was called an Entwives Garden?

Weathered Ent
I know zip about flowers but I am knowledgeable about trees. I am good at identifying trees.
Huorn of Fangorn

Wise Ent
I can identify some trees and some flowers, mostly in the "I like these but don't know more than they're pretty" type of identifying. Pretty poor for an Ent, eh?
Do not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for You are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup.

Ent Ancient
I'd love to learn some tree ID from you, @Oak! I have a hard time with trees.
I've only learned a few trees, but picked up quite a few shrubs/flowers hiking in the PNW the last few years.
I love nature and natural history, but I am most interested in and knowledageable about birds!

Chef
Popping in to say I'd love to see a gardening thread! I am knowledgeable about vegetables, herbs, and perennial or shrub sized fruits like raspberry and blueberry. I know a little about planting and caring for most other things (worked several summers in a garden center many many years ago) but am terrible at identifying most plants from a photo. Rude of wild plants not to come with a label attached like they do in a garden center.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Ent High Elder
Great! Glad to see so much interest in this thread! I'm hoping to start some gardening/planting at home soon so this will be an excellENT resource!
Fangorn Forever

Ent Ancient
If anyone can help me just find the Fangorn forum on Wayback, I'm happy to look through for that thread. I just can't seem to find my way to specific forums.

Thain of The Mark
@Lailyn I *think* this is it. Or at least some of it.

http://web.archive.org/web/2009*/http:/ ... ForumID=45

Edit:

Here's the forum snapshots from 2010 on, since they changed the link structure at that point:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... le=fangorn
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Ent Ancient
Thank you, Tae! *glomp*

Ent High Elder
Was it the "How Does Your Garden Grow?" thread that @Fairy Nuff ran?

Also, clicking those WayBack links, there are a handful of threads started by me with Entish puns...so...not much has changed in 10 years, apparently :smiley9:
Fangorn Forever

Esquire of The Mark
Is it really bad that I do not remember running that thread at all!

I haven't found any banners or OPs for any of the growing threads in Fangorn over the years, that's why it's not open yet. I'm working on it!
If anyone has any pictures we could use for the OP please let me know :)

Ent High Elder
@Fairy Nuff is like Gandalf walking through Moria "*I have no memory of this place*"

But in seriousness I've forgotten about a bunch of threads I used to run so no worries at all, I'll let you know if I find a good header image (you can always start the thread and add an image later, also)
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
It would be a fun thread to start a thread on trees. I have a whole herd of them on my lot -- seriously. Most of them I have named. Since returned to the Plaza my herd had added two new members.
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent Ancient
I think it might have been, @Mojo! Sorry I've failed with the archive-search. I looked through all the front pages and couldn't find it.
I could offer to try a header image instead if you like!

Ent High Elder
Thanks for looking @Lailyn, we certainly appreciate your efforts! @Fairy Nuff had volunteered to start up the thread, so if you'd like to coordinate with her on a picture and such, go for it! :smiley22:
Fangorn Forever

Esquire of The Mark
Yup @Mojo that's about right! I wonder how many other activities I have completely forgotten about!

@Oak - you're welcome to take charge of the herd in the Glade of Growing* thread if you like

@Lailyn if you have an idea for a header image I would definately welcome your help!

*I think that I've settled on Glade of Growing for the name unless there are any objections

Ent High Elder
Sounds good to me @Fairy Nuff, I think that's a great title! I like the alliteration.

Hooray for teamwork!
Fangorn Forever

Ent Ancient
I love Glade of Growing as well!
I have lots of photos of flowers/gardens/trees so I was thinking of watercolor or paint-ifying them in a photo editor and making a header from that. Does anyone have a preference for trees vs. flowers?

I had another idea for a thread, but not sure about it...a semi-guided RP game like a Choose your own AdvENTure book, it could take people through obstacles/plots in Fangorn through a guided choose A or B system, etc. I remember similar-ish threads on the old Plaza (maybe in Isengard?), but I don't remember specifics other than that I enjoyed them a lot. Please let me know what you think.

Weathered Ent
@Fairy Nuff Yes I will manage the herd since I know each one by name. :)
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent Ancient
Here's what I just put together. My watercolor idea bombed so I used a regular photo... I originally had more of a garden theme in mind, but then I thought of what a glade is and thought this might do nicely with the trees in the background?

Weathered Ent
I can go in my backyard and take some photos too. I have lots of lovely trees I can photograph. :)
Huorn of Fangorn

Wise Ent
I like it, @Lailyn! And purple....my favourite colour!
I might have to hang around the Glade in order to get some tips....maybe I'll put them to use and get some boxes for my balcony at some point.

New Soul
may I offer a few banner ideas for the garden thread. text can easily be altered.

Ent High Elder
Ooh wow @Nienna those look great! Thanks for the contribution!

*makes mental note to ask Nienna any time he needs a banner*
Fangorn Forever

New Soul
any time, @Mojo ! the photos are free on pixabay.com. I altered them a bit with photoshop and added stuff. didn't take long.

Weathered Ent
@Lailyn Looks a little like my yard at this time of year. My lawn fills up with little purple and yellow flowers under the shade of the enormous cottonwood.
Huorn of Fangorn