Ent Moot Point 1: We're Back!

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Ent High Elder
Welcome to the first (revamped) Ent Moot Point! For those that may not remember, these took the concept of an Entmoot (gathering of Ents) and a Moot Point (something without purpose) and merged them together. At their heart, it was just a set of questions that everyone answered to help us all get to know each other a little better and spawn some additional conversations about shared interests. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic so this one focuses on the past, but we'll hope to have more EMP threads in the future with other topics. Let's have some fun!

1. What is your new Plaza name?
2. Is there any significance/history to your name?
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join?
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza?
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza?
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza?
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza?
8. When was the last time you read LOTR?
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies?
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character?

Weathered Ent
1. What is your new Plaza name? Oak
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? - Oak is a shortened version of Oakleaf
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes - I joined originally as Oakleaf in 2003, then it was edited to hornglas, Then Doronlassil, then Lasdronil, Than back to Oakleaf. For a while I was just Huorn. Then I chose the short simple name Oak.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Fangorn. I tried a brief stint in Moria.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? The lengthy and very large RPG's headed up by Hoth and Blackrose Bugg
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Lanthir Lamath, Nienna, Ruiniel, Fairy Nuff, Meagan (Flame Fried Ent) Oro, Queen Nerwen and Dis.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I had become inactive around 2009 because of failing health. It was due to the celiac which was diagnosed in 2011.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Last year.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Last month.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Gimli.
Last edited by Oak on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wise Ent
1. What is your new Plaza name? Li.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name?I was Gothmog the 1st, then I was Lindol Onodrim, followed by Lindol, then my Maia rank was Lindo, then I settled on just Li.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I joined back in September 2002.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Only Fangorn.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? I was pretty young when I joined the Plaza, but I remember setting up the Entwash Falls Hospital and really enjoying it. I also flirted with Treegarth and floated around the poetry and art forum. I remember hosting a competition for people to design their own rings of power. That was pretty cool.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Munchi and Sera back in the old days. I kind of shifted away from hanging out with people on the plaza and into talking to Plaza people on other platforms.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I got me a PhD.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Probably when I was 14 or 15.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? About a month ago.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? I always liked Gandalf. He was stoic and wise. I dig that.

Edit: Mojo, you gotta post your answers!

Ent High Elder
1. What is your new Plaza name? Mojo
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I was "masterofjesters" on the old Plaza (other than a very brief time I went by "Doctor Pepper" as part of a running joke) but everyone knew me as Mojo (or "Moppy" to a certain Fangorn crew...I don't remember where that came from but it always made me smile)
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes...I was in the "second wave" that joined shortly after the Two Towers movie, probably around January 2003. Morim convinced me to join after months of lobbying.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Fangorn. Fangorn Forever.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Debates, being a ruler of Fangorn, and running the Fangorn Olympics
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Probably too many people to name, but anyone who was in Fangorn or involved in debates from 2003-2006. Specifically: Morim, Kitara, Tele, Akaja, Eoarod, Turin, and a bunch of others.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Oh wow, graduated college and grad school (I think I popped back in briefly the summer after college and the summer after grad school), got married, and my wife and I have 4 boys (ages: 9, 7, 4, and 2).
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Last year, but I've read The Silmarillion more recently as some friends wanted to do a read-through together.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? December...my wife and I started dating in early December and our first date was watching the Extended Editions of FOTR and TTT so we usually get nostalgic for them and watch them again in early December.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Treebeard and Faramir (I would not have said Faramir during my original plaza stint, but as I have gotten older I have appreciated him a lot more).

Wise Ent
1. What is your new Plaza name? Flame Fried Ent
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It's my old Plaza name...started as MeaghanB then changed to FFE after chatting with..Mojo? someone at any rate.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes I was! But seriously, asking me to remember when I started???? I"m getting OLD here.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Fangorn Forever!
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Debate, Drill, ruling, burning down Fangorn with Lanthy.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Mojo, Lanthy, Faldras, RohRhoRow, Lilith, Munchi, Fir,Hoth, BB, and some others I can't remember Plaza names of.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Moved around a lot, moved to New Orleans 11 months after Katrina (which was an EXPERIENCE.) Went to Europe twice. Still happily single.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? In English? Been a while. I'm reading ROTK in French right now.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Early this month.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Faramir, Treebeard, Eomer

Enting
1. What is your new Plaza name? Eurie
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? My old plaza name was Euridice. Eurie is the shorter version.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I was and think I joined in 2006 or 2007.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Fangorn
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? It's where I met this big bunch of great people in my country and we've met up many times doing marathons etc.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? The NDS bunch.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I was in college back then and now going back to university after 6 years of working.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? 2 years ago
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Yesterday! Cause got nostalgic because of this.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Treebeard, Eowyn, Aragorn

Esquire of The Mark
1. What is your new Plaza name? Fairy Nuff
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I was inspired by old-Plaza Wizzie Arwe Thereyet, and Fair Enough happened to be something I said quite a lot, so it merged into a play on words and catchphrase all in one.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes, I joined 9th January 2002, when the Plaza was just 2 weeks old
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? I started of in Rivendell, as it was then, but quickly found my home was in Isengard. I was in Isengard for a long time, then flitted between The Shire and Fangorn, spending most of my time in Fangorn.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Too many to list! I loved Halloween though.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? So many people - Pip, Geep, Lanthy, Luthy, Luya, Roh, Lilith, Catiri, Menolly, Quill, Oakie, so many more I would be here all day listing them
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Most of my life events happened while I was on the Plaza, to be honest. I don't think I was that active around the time I got married 10 years ago, but I have been back since then. Bought my flat 7 years ago, other than that it's all been pretty steady.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Uuhhh, it's been a while - 5-6 years since I read it properly. I usually just dip into my favourite bits now and then between other books - my to-read list is too long at the moment to go back and read old favourites.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Well, the last movie I saw was the first Hobbit movie in the cinema. I didn't bother watching the second or third. We keep meaning to do another EE Marathon but there just isn't time anymore.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Aragorn and Gandalf

Istari Novice
1. What is your new Plaza name?
Kept it the same, so as not to confuse anyone. The good 'ol Sovvie is back. :smiley10:

2. Is there any significance/history to your name?
Not really. It was something I came up with when I was 13 or something. Had to create a name before I played D&D with my brother and this was what I came up with. Just kind of stuck and now it's my main alias online.

3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join?
Yup! I think I joined in 2005 but really didn't start being active until 2006.

4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza?
I was a member of the best kingdom on here: Isengard. Sorry all you trees, but the wizards are where it's at. To be fair, Fangorn was a close second for me. Was torn when I first joined and it was a great source of anxiety, but I eventually joined the wizards because they tended to do more game threads than other kingdoms and, you know, they're WIZARDS!

5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza?
I remember the inter-kingdom games (or some title like that). It was a series of various games and competitions held between all the kingdoms. Each kingdom created one game that would then be competed between each kingdom. I had so much fun interacting with everyone, playing all the great games each kingdom came up with, helping invent our kingdom's game, and eventually taking a big role organizing our kingdom's team. I was always a bigger fan of the games than of the RPing, actually.

6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza?
Lots! Too many to name (plus, I can't remember all their plaza names). I got to meet in person with many of them when I took a trip to England (literally) a decade ago.

7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza?
Hmmm: graduated undergrad in RI, graduated grad school in VA, lived/worked in San Francisco for a while before moving back to MN with my gf at the time, proposed to her *in* Highclere Castle (for all you Downton Abbey fans). That pretty much sums it up.

8. When was the last time you read LOTR?
Far too long. This may spur me to reread it again. Although, I need to finish the 3 other books I'm working on first (and I'm honestly a slow reader).

9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies?
I watch all the extended editions (are there any others?) in a row once every year. I've now added on watching a fan-edited version of The Hobbit to that marathon. The fan-edit is great, it compresses the three films into one and removes all the frivolously added stuff that isn't in the books to make the movie more like the book.

10. Who is your favorite LOTR character?
I mean, Gandalf was always my favorite. After reading the books more, I'm really interested in the blue wizards. Just wish there was more info on them.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
1. What is your new Plaza name? Tisn't new - sorry but original is best haha, I've gone Nerwen Meneldur to Queen Nerwen.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Not really. I used a name generator. Nerwen is one of Galadriel's names and Meneldur is a king.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes, circa 2003
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Khaza-dum, Valinor and Lonely Mountain
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Name changes, SCRs, promotion, RPG training
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Yes - Nessila, Idesinholde, Sil, Delny, Loin, Arnyn, Turin, Torni, Oakie, TMM, Norin, Balfur, Sov.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I turned 30, I bought a house, I road tripped in the USA, I've become an auntie.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Last year
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Three weeks ago
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Gandalf

Khazad Elder
1. What is your new Plaza name? Oro

2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I started out as Orodruin708 and eventually wanted a numberless name that wasn’t a mountain, so as a dwarf Oro seemed to fit.

3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes, 2003

4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Member of KD, posted a lot in Gondor and Mordor as well. Some Fangorn.

5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Plaza armies, the Morogs, Dwarven Mafia, Pelennorship, The Plaza Olympics.

6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Dis, Delny, TMM, Tangled Axe, Norin, Annolori, Torni, Winddancer, Oak, Elenhir, too many to count.

7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? At 32 years old, I am doing well. This year my wife and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary, I have two daughters (age 4 and 6) and I own a house for the first time.

8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Just finished it again! Reading the Hobbit to my kids now.

9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Uhh two months ago.

10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Dain Ironfoot, but really of the main ones Samwise Gamgee.

Fea
SQUEEEEEEEEEE

1. What is your new Plaza name? Telepwen
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It was my very first name on the plaza, and where my nickname came from!
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yup! It was December, either 2002 or 2003 I don't recall
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Always Fangy
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Treegarth, the debates, and just the friends <3
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Uh YEAH. But real talk some of the plaza names and rl names have blurred
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Not really
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Last year
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Oooh, good question. I think I watched TTT a year and a half ago because that one gives me all the feels
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Oh don't do this to me. I think now it would be Galadriel

New Soul
1. What is your new Plaza name?----------the new one is the old: Nienna
2. Is there any significance/history to your name?----------in those old days, the best names were still for grabs, so I took it. It suits me, too
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join?--------I joined Feb. 2002 and my number was 2022.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? ---------I was a Lady of Gondor and deep in my heart, I still am. But strangely enough, I feel most happy in Fangorn, in the Forest, so here I am.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? ----------ah, memories. Mine of the plaza could fill books. Among other things I was "the wielder of the tickling feather" (the most feared torture those days), creator of the Houses of Healing in MT, Lady and Candle maker etc etc.. good times
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza?-------many good peeps, of whom many are long gone into the west, tis my fate to stay. I treasure every moment and every friendship, old and new
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza?--------- finally I got my own studio and do, what I love, which even pays a few bills here and there. and cats are coming to my house to live with us. it's wonderful, I have a garden, I sell my art. Life is good.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? -----------too long ago. shame!
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies?------last year, lotr
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character?------I have at least 3: Gandalf, Aragorn, Sam

New Soul
Hope you're okay with a candle hopping in here and answering questions! I've wanted to post in this thread since the thread title made me laugh out loud *g*

1. What is your new Plaza name? Same old Mazana, nothing new.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I couldn't think of a name when I signed up for the Plaza in 2008. I picked up a nearby piece of paper, which happened to be my high school's newspaper, and the first name I saw was the name of our school priest. He was nice, so I took the name. Also, it's close to apples in Spanish.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Not the super duper old Plaza. I joined in 2008, though I think I first posted a year after that? Maybe?
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Lórien and Mordor!
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Too many. Planning RPs, actually writing down what we planned. The MSN conversations, because Plaza people were the only reason why I downloaded MSN anyway. Getting an SCR and playing whoever it was I got. The most memorable one was Gwaihir because it's not every day you play an Eagle. Torturing in the Pits. Healing in the Healing Houses. Trying to be a guard, while trying to figure out how to write action posts. Reading everyone else's posts because they were so good. Friends in different timezones, so video-calling was strange. So much more.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Of course! I wouldn't even try to name all of them, and most of them have become my friends in FB as well :smiley17:
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I quit smoking! :smiley16:
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Years ago! Might give it a try again during quarantine.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Also years ago! I was going to do an extended edition marathon but I can't find my hard drive...
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Gah, the most difficult question! It changes a lot. Right now, it's probably Elrond.

Galadhrim Bowmaster
1. What is your new Plaza name? Aduchil, same as the old one.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Not really, I got it in a name generator. Nowadays, I would have made one with actual significance and linguistically correct, but those were different times.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I was. I joined July 13th, 2003.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? I started in Imladris, but eventually migrated to Lothlorien and remained there more or less for the remainder of my time.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? I think some RP's, including the Lorien Guard and some personal ones. We were a small group, but had some great, high quality stories knitted together.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? A lot of them, yes, and happy to see many of them chatting with me on the discord.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I have written a musical play, 5 books, and currently an interactive storybook app.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Uh, ages. Probably not since I was active on the plaza.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Funnily enough, I watched all of them these last weeks with my niece over several evenings.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Probably Fingolfin.

Enting
1. What is your new Plaza name? ------ same as the old one, Goldberri
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? ----- I was eager to sign up quickly but Goldberry was already taken. I'd seen someone called Galadriell and thought "why not?" So from then on, Goldberri it was (and it has followed me for a while into other parts of my life)
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? ----- I think around September 2002?
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? ----- Except for about 3 weeks in the Shire I've always been a Fangorn Ent.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? ------ Definitely just jumping into the wide world beyond my little home town and meeting all those weird and wonderful people from all over the world (some even in RL)! And remember that whole plaza parents/siblings/kids thing? There were whole plaza clans.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? ----- Mainly the Schnitzels and lots of people in Fangorn, lots of random plaza people on msn messenger, too.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? ------ I got married to this nerdy guy who really impressed me on our first conversation by knowing who Goldberry is :D We have a lovely son and moved to the other end of the world (from Germany to Australia)
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? ----- About 5 years ago while pregnant (not much time to read ever since)
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? ----- Too long. I've been meaning to start a LOTR-marathon with hubby over Christmas, but we haven't gotten around to it.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? ------ Oh that's hard... Galadriel and Sam.

Ent High Elder
Goldberri wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:24 am 10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? ------ Oh that's hard... Galadriel and Sam.
I for one am shocked to learn that your favorite character isn't Goldberry (unless you're being fascetious)...I guess I always assumed your namesake would've been it! Congrats on the family!
Fangorn Forever

Fea
1. What is your new Plaza name? Morim - Same as the old!
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Short for Morimaite - elfish for blackhand
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? 16, in 2002.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Elf and then original Fangorn Member
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Friends
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Hard to remember screen names but I remember real names since we were that close.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Just older and alot less wiser in lotr lore.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? 2019
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? 2019
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Turin Turambar

Black Númenórean
I see some other non-ents playing, so howdy all :smiley8:

1. What is your new Plaza name? Moriel
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It's by far my longest standing username, and the name of my longest running character! I wouldn't say she's my primary character anymore- I wouldn't say any of my characters are the primary one, though some certainly have larger presences than others. But it feels right to stay with this name, except for the occasional novelty change.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? 15 April 2004!
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Gondor, then Mordor, Shadowed Lands (Mordor), Eriador (Rivendell), Back to Shadowed Lands (Mordor)
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? All of them. But mostly all the friends I've made and realizing that I've known some of them longer than all but one or two of my "RL" friends. There were some glorious RP moments, but none of it would have happened without the people.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Yes! And I miss the ones that have drifted away, but I most miss the ones who just disappeared and I don't know what happened to them
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Earned some major stage combat credentials/vastly expanded my resume as a fight director and actor, started working as a union stagehand and am president-elect of my local, competed in my first 100 mile ultramarathon (didn't finish, but this time..!), bought a condo. Probably some other stuff.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? It's been a few years
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? I'm due
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? I hate this question so I'm pretending it's not here
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Enting
Mojo wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:11 pm
Goldberri wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:24 am 10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? ------ Oh that's hard... Galadriel and Sam.
I for one am shocked to learn that your favorite character isn't Goldberry (unless you're being fascetious)...I guess I always assumed your namesake would've been it! Congrats on the family!
:smiley9: good point! Let me add Goldberry to the list. She isn't much of an actual character in the book, but she is a great canvas for creating your own stories. I haven't done that in a long time.

Istari Savant
So, not an Ent, but as a Wizard, I feel it's only appropriate that I wander the realms of Middle-earth, to encourage the free peoples to stand against Mojo the Dark Lord.

1. What is your new Plaza name? - Turin
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? - It's from the books, one of my favorite characters. On the old plaza, I had to ask the admins to delete a never-active account in order to get it.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? - Yep! Joined it in late 2003.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? - Started as a Wizard. Moved to Mordor and was there for a while, became ruler. Later lived in Fangorn for a short time, and Khazad Dum for a bit, and then moved back to Mordor.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? - the IK Debate League, and hanging out in the lore forums with a slew of folks as we all learned lore and learned how to debate together.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? - Many of them, but I doubt I could list them all. I'd need a separate post to even attempt it, as I think categorizing would be the only way to keep track.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? - I'd finished grad school already, but did a post-doc, became a professor (Statistics) for nearly 5 years, got married, and moved to another job. Living in my 4th state now.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? - Damn ... I think the last time I actually read it was in high school (pre-2003), though I've flipped through and read excerpts a LOT with debating/lore/drill.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? - I'd have to say undergrad, so early/mid 2000s. I'll have to pop those in again at some point. Extended editions, of course.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? - Turin, obv. I also like Ulmo (which was convenient, since I was the Ulmo admin for a time on the old plaza).
Last edited by Túrin on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What, she killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? - Jayne Cobb

Elven Enchanter
1. What is your new Plaza name? Dimcairien Luiniel
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I think I plugged my RL life name into some sort of elven translator and got it. Later realised it was not an accurate translation, but I loved the name, so I kept it.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes I was on the old plaza and joined in Dec 2008.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Lothlorien!
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Um, debate was fun, learning how to RP, and of course, the pink bunny army.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Some of them, but I doubt I could list them. And I know not all are still with us.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Graduated from university and postgraduate school (lived in London for that year), completed a Montessori early childhood teaching credential, and permanently moved out of my parents' house.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Uh, several years ago. I did finish listening to Andy Serkis' reading of The Hobbit last week though.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Last week on the Discord.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? So many to choose from, but I think Sam. He's so relatable.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Istari Steward
1. What is your new Plaza name? Hasn't changed (other than occasionally for a joke) since the old plaza
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It was a suggestion for a gaming SN way back in highschool from a friend after I acquired a pair of duck-head bookends in a white elephant gift party. My life has sort of bent time and space around that moment since then, it's gotten weird. But that would indeed be telling!
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yep, joined August 27th, 2006. It was just a few days into freshman year of undergraduate.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? I always thought of myself as a wizard, even though technically I joined Mordor and later Fangorn at various times.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Spamming OoME, doing drill and debate for lore, wild saucy roleplaying with minions, running games, hanging out with friends in MSN or Yahoo chat...lots of memories
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? All sorts of folks! Sil, Nessila, Uruva, my plazawife Helekwen of course, Elendil and Tarin, Tuna, Landy, Scea, Cindy, Tari, the list goes on and on...
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Graduated, got a teaching job, got married, had a son, about to have another one!
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? I read FOTR last fall, reading TTT now, been a long while since I dusted off ROTK
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Right after rediscovering the plaza. :smiley16:
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Tough call. Probably between Gandalf and Samwise.

Istari Savant
Was just reading back and had to comment on this:
Mojo wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:19 am 4 boys (ages: 9, 7, 4, and 2)
@Mojo, PLEASE tell me that at some point in time, their ages were 9, 7, 3, and 1. If it wasn't, then don't ruin this for me.
What, she killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? - Jayne Cobb

Ent High Elder
Túrin wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:33 pm So, not an Ent, but as a Wizard, I feel it's only appropriate that I wander the realms of Middle-earth, to encourage the free peoples to stand against Mojo the Dark Lord.
I've been called a lot of things (both on the Plaza and off) but I don't think I've ever been referred to as 'the Dark Lord' :smiley9:

Also, not going to ruin your dreams on my kids ages, so I'll stay quiet on that one.
Last edited by Mojo on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fangorn Forever

Chef
1. What is your new Plaza name? Menolly, same as the old one.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Picked my favorite character from my favorite non-Tolkien fantasy series at the time, the Dragonriders of Pern. It feels terribly out of place now, but it's also familiar and comfortable and (I think) the only name anyone else would know me by.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? January 29 2003. Just found the exact date after a recent wander through the wayback machine.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Always the Shire.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Oh gosh, Olympics, Halloween, endless riddle threads where I sharpened my writing skills, word sleuth, learning to RP, OOME shenanigans, really just having this enormous pool of kind supportive people when I didn't always have much of that in real life.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? More people than I could possibly list.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Embarked on a zookeeping career, moved back and forth across the USA three times, ended up back in my hometown on a different career path (working in a library). So I am strangely back where I was last time I was on the plaza circa 2012 ish, but have had lots of adventures between then and now.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Maybe two or three years ago.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Christmas last year.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Sam.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Ent Ancient
1. What is your new Plaza name? Lailyn, same as my most recent OP name.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? My original Plaza name was Lailindëiel which was from a name translator, but it turned out I later learn its meaning was utter nonesense. Then I got tired of having to type in the special character, so later on, I changed it to Lailyn. Also - it sounded less elvish for a Rider of Rohan.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? February 2003
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Rohan. Well I think it was called Meduseld back then. I originally joined Rohan because Eowyn was my favourite character and green was my favourite colour. I think I'm the only Rider who knows squat about horses. I think I briefly joined the White Council once for their Halloween icons, but I can't recall. Later on, I moved to the Shire where my RL heart truly lies and I think that was my most recent kingdom.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Gosh, so many. The Cavalry even though I wasn't good at it, Rohan RP in general, Mettare and other festivals, the Adventurous Souls RPGs, dipping into lore, OOME and the Hotel California, helping write articles for some kind of encyclopedia on lore (I cannot remember what it was called!), Junior Drill, the list goes on!
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Yes and no! I really can't remember everyone's Plaza names, but I hung out with lots of Riders, but many others, too!
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I've moved too many times to count, including to two other countries and unexpectedly met my partner in one of them ten years ago! I finally fulfilled my dream of becoming a cat momma! And I got super into bird-watching.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Fall 2016.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Its definitely been a while!
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Its a tie between Merry and Sam.

Chef
@Lailyn let's talk birding sometime! I'm a lifelong birder but I've been enjoying my backyard birds even more since quarantine began. I may have started a spreadsheet with a list of every species I've seen in my backyard since I put up even more feeders in March.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Ent Ancient
@Menolly ohh, let's! Backyard birds are my fav! I definitely have a backyard list. :smiley8:

Fea
1. What is your new Plaza name? Same as old one, Nia. I used to be Taz - my first username was Tazynia - so I've used both the start and the end of that name. Probably ought to be Y next so it doesn't feel left out.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I think I just totally made it up.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yup, joined in about 2003 or 2004, left/ think my account got blocked, and then joined properly with a new account sometime in May 2005.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? For my first account I actually joined Gondor. But when I re joined I joined Rohan, and then some years in moved to Fangorn. I had the palantir icon once we moved to regions, but don't remember what that meant.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? I always loved the Halloween themes and threads. I recently came across a ‘bed pan race’ banner I must have made for one of those events. I also loved my house, the Amethyst Abode; I was quite house proud.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? One of my best friends from school, who was Forystine on here. All of the wonderful Dagdas and Dunamis. Too many people to list or whose usernames I forget, but most of the names I see around this new Plaza are people I remember knowing, even if not well.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Got my degree, moved to London, got a job I (mostly) really enjoy, joined the first ever civil service women's football team and now play in a South London league (although obviously not at present), got into running.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Probably more than 5 years ago to be honest, I need to re read them!
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? A few weeks ago.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Difficult question, but I've always had a soft spot for both Merry and Pippin so I'll say them.

Fea
1. What is your new Plaza name? It’s the same!
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It was made up by an old friend and I thought it was funny.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I think it was December 2002.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Apart from a short and embarrassing stint in Rivvy I think I was always in Fangorn!
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? There are too many to name, but our beloved Oceanic house Vingilote comes to mind. Halloween, the Olympics, KD’s Smoking Chamber and Mordor’s Vicious Victory threads are all fond memories
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Again too many oldies to name, but in Fangorn, Lindol, Lillyth, Silverleaf, Oakie, Megs to name a few!
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I became a veterinarian!
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Several months ago
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Several months ago— I try to feature them regularly
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Gandalf the grey. In the movies, it was always Aragorn :smiley10:

Fea
1. What is your new Plaza name? Arallyr, same as it always was.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I'm certain there was much significance and a very detailed backstory, but present me has since forgotten the imaginings of 2002 me.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I have many fond memories of the old Plaza. Joined 2002.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Fangorn Forever.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Much fun on the Fangorn debate team with the interkingdom debates. Reading halfir's lore posts was always enlightening and enjoyable, I was saddened to hear of his passing. He will be missed.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? I can recall a few names from Fangorn back in the day: glingol, Collecthor, Mojo, Hoth.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Retelling everything in unhasty ent fashion would take far too long.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Almost a year ago so I am due for a reread. I'm currently deep into another read through of Return of the Shadow, and thinking I might do a side by side reading of LotR and HoME 6-9.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? I'll take a risk and voice whats probably an unpopular opinion here. I watched the Fellowship movie with mild disappointment, was disgusted to see the mistreatment of Faramir, and hobbits at Osgiliath in Two Towers. And after hearing about the complete mischaracterization of Denethor in RotK I didn't bother seeing that.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Sam. Or sometimes the sentient fox. Fingolfin if I can pick someone from the Silm.

Ent High Elder
Welcome back to the forest @Arallyr! Great to see you again! Always good to have Debaters come back!
Fangorn Forever

Forester of Lothlorien
1. What is your new Plaza name? Nen (it isn't particularly new, though)
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Back in the old days when I first joined the Old Plaza, I knew I wanted to be an elf, and I liked the thought of water. I put the two together and became "Nenedhel" - a teleri elf who hung out in Lothlorien.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? 14 Feb, 2004
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Lothlorien for many years; then for short seasons I was in Isengard, Rohan, The Shire, and finally Gondor
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? My very first RPG military post - I'd put so much thought and effort into it that my trainer [Nay] was incredibly impressed and that stuck with me! I also loved the Old Plaza Houses.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Would it be awful of me to say I need to see names before I can remember? I wasn't one to take the plaza offsite. My interactions were mostly through RP, and some of it OOC.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Does this mean in the last two years? I have been away longer, though. I grew rather sporadic in participation when I got married, and later when my babies came. These are major life events, surely! :smiley8:
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? I can't remember. It's been years! Definitely, before I was married.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? I recall making my husband watch these, so it might be about ten or eleven years now...!
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? This is actually tough. It changes with the seasons. I do think Bilbo would be my favourite now. But Gandalf is a more consistent contender.

Loremaster of the Herd
1. What is your new Plaza name? Bombadillo, now -- though it was Androthelm just yesterday.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Androthelm was, I think, an auto-generated character name on the old MMO LOTRO. Bombadillo comes from the delightful rhyming of old Tom Bombadil.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I was, although relatively late all things considered (I was a baby :smiley9: ). Roughly 2010.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? I joined right around the swap from Kingdoms to Regions, actually, and I'm not sure if I was properly an Imladris person or just spent most of my time there / in Eriador.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? halfir's threads were a big one for me, growing up. Also, I want to say there was an RP about an... expedition through Mirkwood? I played a dwarf of Erebor, I seem to remember. And the Rangers of Osdolen Free RP area.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? I don't, entirely, though the Mordagnir name was of course prominent even then.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I'm an adult! College is all but over, and high school before it. I was eleven when I joined the old Plaza, which is remarkable.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? I'm sort of rereading it now, and I'm sort of rereading it twice. I've accidentally convinced two different groups of people to do a book club, and they are at two different places in the books.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? I watched the Fellowship with my partner a year or two ago -- but she, unfortunately, didn't love it :smiley13: I have a hard time staying focused on long movies generally, unfortunately.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Hey dol, merry dol, it's Tom Bombadillo / Leaping over the forest-hills and resting under Willow! (And if not Tom, then Dain Ironfoot, whose arrival to Erebor fueled a love of dwarf-armies in all sorts of settings -- but most directly Warhammer Fantasy. If anyone ever wants to talk wargaming, pleaaase hit me up.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Ent High Elder
Hey @Bombadillo welcome to Fangorn! The leaves and branches look good on you!
Fangorn Forever

Loremaster of the Herd
Thanks a ton @Mojo! Imladris is a wonderful place, but I felt the call of those green and growing things :smiley8:
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Storyteller
*sneaks into Fangorn because he likes surveys*

1. What is your new Plaza name? Dwim
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It's short for Dwimmerlaik (as in “Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!") which was one of my usernames on the old Plaza.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? My first stint went from 2004-2008 when I was named Scary. Then I returned as Dwimmerlaik in 2010 for my second stint.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? During kingdoms it was Mordor and the Shire. During regions I was a member of Wilderland (and more specifically Mirkwood) for most of the time.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? The friendships, MSN Messenger, the Plaza marriages, and the buzz and energy of RP threads when Plaza activity was still high. I am also very fond of my time as ruler of Wilderland as Thranduil.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Yes, but there's too many names to list. And many who have not returned to the new Plaza. :cry:
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I've grown up, and found the lady who I am going to live with for the rest of my life. :smile:
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? A few years ago. I am currently re-reading The Silmarillion. Then I will move on to The Hobbit and LOTR.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? When the new Plaza first came back, I re-watched the trilogy (which was the first time my partner had watched them). Then I watched the first two Hobbit movies, but haven't brought myself to watch the third yet.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? I'm actually not going to answer this until I've finished re-reading the books, then I will edit my answer in here. See, it changes every time as I gain a new appreciation for different characters with each read through.

Warrior of Imladris
1. What is your new Plaza name? Lirimaer
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Yes :lol:
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Oct 2003
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? White Council, Mordor, Rivendell then whatever random region Mirkwood was in.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Playing WS with Jess and teams, RPing in silly ways with witty people,
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Jess mostly. Now if you asked me who I hung out with on MSN .... Sil, Uruva, Jess, Roh.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Not really. Graduated, became a teacher, moved back south to be near family.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? So long ago. Can't recall. Over 17 years.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? This year.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Gandalf, in some ways, Sam in others. Galadriel at one point. Aragorn ... it's an ensemble thing.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Master Torturer
1. What is your new Plaza name? Winddancer
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? I liked it :P It used to come up as the company who did Tool Time :P
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I was, joined Oct 2002
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Rivendell, Lorien, Mordor, KD and MT
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Learning how to role play and all the people I met
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Kabidge, Weny, Roh and tons of others
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I hooked up with a plaza person and moved to UK! :P
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Prolly 2003 or 4
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Watched FOTR a week ago
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Sam in the books, Aragorn in the movies, though I drooled over Legolas.

Khazad Elder
1. What is your new Plaza name? Drifa
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Drifa's hair is streaked with white (old gal). Old Norse drífa = 'fall of snow', 'snowdrift'.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? I was, I joined September 2003.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Khazad-dûm.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? The Ankixogs, Drill, all the people I met.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? All the folks from the Ankixogs clan, Casja, Snorta, Oin. If I missed anyone, my apologies.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I retired. *grin*
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? 17 years ago. My bad.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? About a month ago.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? I do not have one, seriously, I like them all. I choose to be a dwarf because I like being a dwarf, not because Gimli was my favorite.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Thain of The Mark
1. What is your new Plaza name? Taethowen
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It was my name on Old Plaza, and also is the meaning of my real name (Rebekah) translated into Sindarin.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes! July 12, 2003, apparently. According to the web archive of my old profile.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Rohan
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Hmm... the AUR. Being in the Cavalry. Running the Story Guild in Rohan.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? @Thalionwen Hunigfolm, @Culfinwen Lihtarwe, @Elvheimdros, Halladan, Ciardwen, @Lail, sometimes @Bereth, and probably a few others that I just don't recall right now.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Got married almost 13 years ago (would have been shortly after I left OP for good), wrote a book, have several books-in-progress,
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? :embarrassed:
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? :embarrassed:
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? I do have a huge soft spot for Sam.

New Soul
1. What is your new Plaza name? Corlisswyn
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? first character I created when I first joined OldPlaza
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? 2011 through 2014/15
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? I started in Western Mountains/The Mark, then moved to Wilderlands/Lonely Mountain, then became ruler of Wilderlands
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? IK Poetry
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? There were so many good writers at the time! I recognize names, but not how I interacted with them
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Got my PMP, got my Certified Scrum Master, got my ITIL certification, worked the 2020 Census
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? at least two years ago
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? last week?
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Theoden and Sam and Eomer and Eowyn

High Lord of Imladris
1. What is your new Plaza name? Fuin Elda
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? RL history: I wanted to have my name be dark elf in Highschool because I was an angsty bugger. Now Fuin is part of my characters background.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes Nov 03, 2003
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? 2. I was primarily in Rivendell but was in Lothlorien for a few months
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? When Cumehtar reaslized that I knew how to actually do black smithing and he pushed me through the ranks in the tingdain fairly fast to help him with it.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Janowyn, Tolotos, Marak RedIron, Tinny, Envinyatar, Aigronding Mordagnir, Hoth, Rings
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I have paid of my house, I have become an Aunt, I've started a 2 businesses, and a niche market convention.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Currently rereading it now.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? August 22nd 2020 (was working on a mascot costume and it was background noise)
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Sam.
Sereg a Dîn

Esquire of The Mark
1. What is your new Plaza name? Elvheimdros, same as it was.
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? It's badly debased Sindarin that ought to mean something like "wolf of the dark star" and I thought it was badass when I was in highschool and wanted an original name and not EomerFan35 or whatever.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes, 2003, I think? Active for a couple year only with a couple later visits.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Rohan, except the time I joined Rivendell to impersonate Arlo Cúthalion.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? SSSST nonsense, Hotel California, Rohan Cavalry, and some multi-kingdom RPG about an expedition into Harad I can't remember the name of.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Taeth, Lail, Culfinwen, somewhat Amhran and Wamba (then Blaed) who got me on in the first place, Thalionwen, Fir, Pelly, others I've forgotten Plaza names for.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Graduated HS and then college, now I've been teaching HS myself for a decade.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Earlier this year - still reread it just about every year, was in the middle of it anyway when nuPlaza got announced.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? This summer when nuPlaza peeps got together a watch and roasted them.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Éomer, of course! Although in the movies it's got to be Boromir.
May the Horse be with you.

New Soul
1. What is your new Plaza name? - Nessa Saelind (same as the old one)
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? - It’s the same as my old Plaza name (as mentioned above), and I used a variation of it on and off on the internet for ages now! Yes, it’s ages now. :D
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? - Yes, I was. Sometime in the lost age(s) of 2005 methinks? I’m not sure. *insert I have no memory of this Gandalf gif*
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? - Gondor, same as now. I know, I know – I’m boring and predictable. :P There was just something about Gondor that I related to, probably the fact that in my mind Gondor is like Byzantium (it’s my headcanon don’t pat me, don’t at me :lol: )
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? - Erm this is a tough one, since I’ve forgotten more than I remember :lol: But doing research for the Houses of Healing – I remember I was compiling a list of healing herbs at one point (document, of course, lost in switching computers…) and just RP-ing with people. I was more of a reader than an active participant back in the day…
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? - From what I can remember at the top of my head, a few folks from Croatia who were on the Plaza at the time (I don’t think they’re on the NuPlaza), Turin, Pelle, Findy
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? - After many trials and tribulations I managed to get in to the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split, Croatia and get a MA in History and English language and literature, got a job, even managed to travel a bit (this is a big deal for me, since money’s always been tight in my household), became an aunt :D <3
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? - Finished rereading the trilogy in March 2019
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? - ‘t was a while. *hides*
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? - I’m particularly fond of Pippin.
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Foolhardy Ent
1. What is your new Plaza name? Tondalar
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? Name I've used for RPGs and the like for nearly 20 years
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yup, name then was Azador.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Joined as Rivendell, then immediately went Ent when the kingdom was released. Fangorn Forever.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Honestly the nostalgia of all of it is immense and I've having trouble picking one out. The Kingdom War(s) was a lot of fun though.
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? For the life of me I can only remember a handful of names in context, but browsing this post is ringing many bells. Collecthor (Achoo) is one that stands out for me
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? Grew up, got nerdier, have a career (as a nerd!), got married.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Far too long... I'm over due for a re-reading.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Can't remember the last time, but fun fact I met my wife at a marathon viewing of the extended versions!
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? Obviously Treebeard.

Orc Chieftain
1. What is your new Plaza name? Talina, then had it changed back to my original one from the Old Plaza before moving back to Mordor
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? When I first joined the Old Plaza, I didn't have a name for my character (Naelia, pronounced NIE-LEE-AH), and I wanted people to know what kingdom I planned on joining (Mordor), so it seemed the best choice (it was also the username I had on the One Ring.com, where I first thought up my character, so that was another reason). Here's an early incarnation of when I first thought up Naelia: After an unfortunate absense due to circumstances beyond her control, a woman that cloaked herself in shadow returned to the land of her origins. Some say that she was a renegade Elf from Mirkwood, but one thing that many people had overlooked was that she was also the daughter of one of the Dark Tower's greatest captains, and he wasn't going to be too happy with the news his daughter was about to bring. He remembered all too well the time a certain Elven princess (the woman's mother to be exact) snuck into Mordor and stole his daughter away from the only thing she ever knew, and later paid for this mistake with her life. Sound familiar? I've changed around a few things since then; Naelia's more of a Black Numenorean than an Elf (that often shuns her Elven heritage), and she was on a scouting mission close to Northern Mirkwood when she was captured (rather than her mother sneaking into Mordor).
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yes. I joined on New Year's Eve in 2006 (coming up on my 14th anniversary this year)
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? Mordor, then when the kingdoms switched over to regions, I was with Wilderland in the area of Erebor (which is where I first thought up the character of Talina, but now she's a human from Pelargir rather than a dwarf of Erebor), then back to the Shadowed Lands in the areas of Mordor and Ithilien (where Talina resided at the time)
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? Being part of Mordor's Sr. Drill team and Naelia never liked having to travel to an Elven kingdom, since she often complained that the bright colors of Imladris were hurting her eyes! :lol:
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? Nobody, since I like to roleplay by myself (but don't mind if people join in)
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I'm getting into Volcanology (which has nothing to do with Star Trek and more to do with volcanoes) but not because of Tolkien, more because of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I was so worried as to what Mt. Sibo (the volcano on the fictional island of Isla Nublar) would do to the island that I started researching them, and just recently thought of turning it into a professional career. I am now taking my third online course on the subject (hoping to get into an official college once this pandemic is over and done with. Hopefully, I won't be too old).
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? Probably the last time they changed the covers (which was probably before the Hobbit movies came out, so it's been a while)
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? I watched the Extended Edition of FotR a while back, but haven't continued with it yet (been busy with online schooling and some of my other fandoms)
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? The darker characters, obviously, but if I had to choose a favorite, probably the Witch King of Angmar and Gollum ("What's taters, precious?" That scene in The Two Towers still cracks me up) :rofl:
Last edited by Lady of Shadow on Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Gardener
1. What is your new Plaza name? Woggy Hardbotom
2. Is there any significance/history to your name? @Blackrose Bugg, when she was either ruler or admin, dared me to change my name to Woggy Hardbotom. She said if I kept it for a month she would reward me with some points (I think maybe 20?) So I changed my name from whatever awful thing it was at the time, I think Thain_Sam, cashed in for the points after a month and then just kept the name.
3. Were you on the old Plaza? If so, when did you join? Yep, either late 03 or early 04 if memory serves correct.
4. What kingdom(s) were you a part of on the old Plaza? The Shire for the significant part of my Plaza life. Spent retirement floating between Fangorn and Mordor.
5. What were your favorite memories of the old Plaza? I sunk so many hours and so many words into both debate and drill and even ran the drill league for a while, these two leagues is where I met nearly all of my Plaza friends. I was also Ruler of the Shire for near 12 months (sometime 06 to sometime 07) which was just a brilliant experience that I thoroughly enjoyed, not least because of who I ruled with (see next question).
6. Do you remember who you hung out with on the old Plaza? So many people who I really enjoyed spending time with and plenty more I wish I got to go better. But the three of which I made and maintained IRL friends with are @Uruva @Feiniel (who was my co-ruler in the Shire), and Cabbage (who has sadly not made his way back here yet). It is a big regret of mine that I did not maintain these friendships and let them dwindle.
7. Any major life events you'd like to share since your time on the Old Plaza? I have not achieved a single thing, which is nearly as difficult as achieving anything at all, so in a way that is something I've achieved. Also, staying alive is a life event I've completed.
8. When was the last time you read LOTR? I am currently rereading it now.
9. When was the last time you watched any of the movies? Near a decade now I think.
10. Who is your favorite LOTR character? I do love me them Hobbits.

Arien
Arien
@Kabbeh is here @Woggy Hardbotom
cave anserem

Gardener
@Sil are you my guardian angel?
@Kabbeh if you are about let, please let me know.