Plaza History Project: KINGDOMS Ruler Icons

A place to store the history of the Plaza and gather information and quotes about Tolkien's books
Warrior of Imladris
I shall note this in the annals. At some stage; not right now!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Storyteller
Found this post which may help with W2:

Warrior of Imladris
Thanks, but I don't ever remember that icon attached to anyone. Elen Sila was #3 for the whole time I knew her in the role. It might have been the person before her, maybe, but someone who was around in 2002 could maybe help us out.

You don't by chance have the link to that thread handy, do you? I am trying to find welcome and goodbye R/A threads now ... (I say trying because it's ongoing, not because I am actively doing much rn!!)
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Storyteller
@Lirimaer, I've been archiving the Shire and unfortunately have hardly come across any ruler step-up/step-down threads that work, but I did find a couple.

The thread that screenshot came from was just a random thread celebrating how great Endymion was:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020911010 ... Position=2

This thread is announcing Pippeness stepping down and Endymion stepping up:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020829024 ... Position=1

This thread is Menolly stepping down as Farmer Maggot:
http://web.archive.org/web/201305202211 ... -on-and-on

Warrior of Imladris
@Dwim I love you. Thank you. I appreciate you looking again.

I am also happy for the pagelink where the step up/down is shown even if we can't open it! It just helps with dates.

Warrior of Imladris
My thanks to the past rulers and workers on the KPs for their respective kingdoms.

Although only Mordor and Lothlorien bothered to provide a timeline of their rulers which is still visible today, there is still a wealth of stuff on there which is very interesting for the visitor and lurker alike.

Still, I feel I am able to begin the work of making a list into an actual resource now. At least up to the time when regions came in.

Regions will now have to be part of a separate project.

Warrior of Imladris
@Silarien I need to you dust off your memory banks ... :stab: What do you know about @Tzülien's Sauron icon, and what do you know about Gecko's WK and Sauron icons? :shrug:
Last edited by Lirimaer on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arien
Arien
I don’t know, but @Idesinholde’s WK is wrong - she had a close up of the WK’s helm, I think. My WK icon was only used by me.
@Gecko is signed up to plaza, so you’ll probably get a best answer from her? I’ll poke her for you.
cave anserem

Warrior of Imladris
Ah, Ides thought either yours or @Uruva's was hers, and I just picked one at random.

I didn't realise @Gecko was here but I appreciate the assistance!

I felt for sure you'd know that @Tzülien wasn't Audrey Hepburn for the whole time ... :headshake: she wasn't Gothmog for the whole time, was she?

Arien
Arien
Ides’ icon was closest to Narg’s icon, actually, if not in fact the same.

No - Tzü was Sauron when I was Lord of the Nazgûl, she was only Gothmog for the brief period when Mo was Sauron for the second time - and I suspect she was the Blue Hand.
cave anserem

Warrior of Imladris
I will take that as gospel. Or, y'know, close to it.

Since we're almost there, I will repost this in the OP and hope someone comes along with Gecko's icons.

Scholar of Gondor
Hi there, I am not 100% certain (my memory is not what it was) but I am leaning towards G2 as Udan's icon Until the final week in November 2006. Then G1 until he left.

Warrior of Imladris
Thank you, @Udan :smooch:

Nobody's memory is what it was. I think we were fooling ourselves that it was good anyway - we just got a lot more honest in our old age!

Khazad Elder
Just came across these two Mordor rulers?
Image Sauron
By: Indūr Ambaran ( 2974 Points )

Image Witchking of Angmar
By: Uruloki ( 933 Points )

https://web.archive.org/web/20021013174 ... om/mordor/
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Warrior of Imladris
I think that top one must be a Halloween icon. I do have it, but I can't find any reference for it - it looks like a bug mask to me, so I removed it again.

Thanks for Uruloki's icon though - I shall update my Mordor info forthwith! :smooch:

Elven Enchanter
I'll look around and see if can find any reference to the top one being a Halloween icon.

Also, @Lirimaer how are you formatting the tables for the icons? As you can tell, I've struggled to format them in the Regions Icons thread. And I would love to get the Halloween ones into a table so the rank names (which sometimes are more easily found) can be preserved as well.

Warrior of Imladris
I make a table in Word, centre everything, then ctrl and prt sc to copy, paste into Paint, chop as necessary and save as a .png picture file. Sometimes I squish things closer together in Paint, which is easier than in Word.

It's a bit of a faff. Maybe we ought to ask @Tarawen to look again into getting tables into the post box! :wink:

Arien
Arien

Lotryn Gandalf

Taramir Faramir

Not sure if regions or kingdoms - perhaps @Tarawen knows
cave anserem

Istari Steward
Ya gotta cross-index this stuff with forum captures from the archives! :nod:

But seriously, you have to do it because I wasn't actually around to know certain critical information.

Lotryn became Gandalf on September 1st 2008, long before regions. She was also Gandalf for at least the start of regions (idk when she stepped down), but at least at the opening of regions she had a different icon, which you can see on display here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100104081 ... TID=236462

The presumably accurate Gondor KP lists Taranuen (Is that the same person as Taramir? lol) as Faramir between late 2008 and mid-2009, at which point the Faramir icon became an Arwen icon. All that is also before regions. There's also a thread (that doesn't load) called a Resignation right at the start of regions that's started by Taranuen, soooo...

Warrior of Imladris
We will, Ducky, it takes time and in the first forays of our research when info was coming from all directions we didn't ask for details because we didn't realise we'd want to be as specific as we're now being. Please do feel free to take a kingdom and do the legwork, if you have the inclination.

I've been vaguely focusing on the admins first, which I feel are close to completion (I may be dreaming), but I do have moments of delving into the ruler thread.

Warrior of Imladris
drifa wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:40 pm Image Sauron
By: Indūr Ambaran ( 2974 Points )
Had another look at this one, Drifa - did a bit o' research and it's not a bug after all! Thanks for bringing it back to me!

High Lord of Imladris
Okay I'll admit it I didn't check to see if these had been posted before or not they're just all going up

Sorry I don't know who the dwarves belong to

Image Merls? Celebrian Unsure. This one or the following were both used in around the same few years and I don't have a date for upload sorry
Image Don't think this one was used but could have been a short lived ruler. There were a few in there that only lasted a very very short while.
Image - This one is a d-1 which means it's a varient so a version of this was liked by a ruler and changes were asked to be made to it.
Image Another Celebrian from around Merls time Not sure if it was her?
Image This is labeled as a Glorfindel... I don't know who it belonged to or if it infact did (It may have gotten turned into a tribute rank during an Elrond Celebrian rulership)
Image Same as above
Image This was a Glorfindel that was definitely used.

Hobbits - again apologies no idea who these belonged to just that they existed

Isengard again no idea who this belongs to

Fimbrithel I don't think I spelled that right. And I don't know who it belongs to I do know it did exist though as one of the last Fimbrithels before regions went up.

Someones Galadriel

And that's all the rulers Icons I've managed for now. I have maiar icons as well Rumil Goldberry, Meril I think I even have my Feanor that I wore for like 7 days :shrug:
Sereg a Dîn

Warrior of Imladris
Tell me about you being Feanor - I don't have you on my list of Librarians!

High Lord of Imladris
Uhhh taht is an off plaza discussion to be had I think I was not librarian long which is why I don't think it was listed anywhere. That said when I was Nienna I was the 'Librarian' admin
Sereg a Dîn