Plaza History Project - ATR and SCR Icons

A place to store the history of the Plaza and gather information and quotes about Tolkien's books
Elven Enchanter
Whoops, forgot to check the Region box. There's too many places to pay attention to when I find one I don't recognize! Well, I'd rather they get posted twice than not at all.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Warrior of Imladris
True, true. Much better than no Elladan. Hhe was originally put in the Kingdom boxes, but I separated them out after so many came to light.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Elven Enchanter
Well, I think this is a new one. Found it under the June 2004 archive for KD. Labeled as "Durin's Bane" and I'm fairly certain it's not a Halloween icon.

Warrior of Imladris
No Special Rank/Tribute Rank label ... it's either Halloween. April Fools or Ruler!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Elven Enchanter
My hunch is April Fools in that case. I’m pretty certain it’s Legolas and it doesn’t have the right border to be part of “Legolas Halloween”.

Thanks for putting up with all the random icons I keep sticking in here.

Warrior of Imladris
:lol: you make me smile. I am just glad you are interested in them too!

That one has always puzzled me.

I think in all honesty that we have trawled the WBM pretty effectively by now, but I reckon we'll find them in returning people's old files if we're lucky.

Elven Enchanter
Since were probably about done with the icon scavenging, do you want to make a new thread that can be locked and pinned with links to all of the various Icon Project threads? And direct people to post any potential new finds in the appropriate thread? As you started this craziness, I figure you should have that honour. :winkkiss:

Warrior of Imladris
Uh ... you mean I should post yet another thread in CoLP which is not my own art or poetry? :lol:

One day, one day.

Okay, I'll get on that.

Istari Steward
This might be slightly off-topic for this thread (but that's my problem, I don't know). I went to the Hall of Honour that Liri linked several posts back and searched for myself. Luckily the 2nd page where I posted still loads. I say there that "I was awarded Tulkas for a month or two whenever UL first opened for helping work on its conception." What does UL stand for? Some kind of forum?

Warrior of Imladris
Apparently Undying Lands was a thing ... ?

I don't know much about it.

Istari Steward
My memory of Undying Lands is so faint I literally don't even know where I would look in the archives to see if I could find it. I'm not even sure it WAS a forum, though it seems like it would have been. @merSILess any ideas?

Edit: Looks like it might have been an Isengard subforum? I found a Coa Ingoleva planning thread where Hoth is confused about whether CI will be an Isengard activity or a UL one. A quote from him:
"I'm hoping that all players who want to be promoted through the UL ranks will have to (mandatory) pass CI levels of instruction. I remember Six used to bend my ear off wanting to use the Istaquenta somehow and I think this is a good chance for that. I'm counting on Isengard to provide Istaquenta training as well as basic magic training for the Undying Ranks."

Double Edit: It does appear, based on the discussion I'm reading, to have been some sort of Isengard subforum that opened about July 12th, 2007 or so, but no page records it in the archives that I can find. Not anywhere. And I don't mean it won't load, I mean it just doesn't seem to exist.
Last edited by KingODuckingham on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arien
Arien
Correct. It was an Isengard subforum. Each kingdom had two sub fora, a private one visible only to kingdom members and used primarily for inter-kingdom games, and a public one which was more for OOCs but which in the case of Isengard was thought could also be used as an unusual roleplaying opportunity - essentially Valinor RPs. It’s possible that UL was or became one of the private subfora in which case - yes, there will be no record of it, because it wasn’t visible unless you were signed in as a wizard, and the Wayback bot won’t have been.

In fact I don’t even know if the bot could see fora visible to ALL members - since you might have had to be signed in. It’s a shame
cave anserem

Istari Steward
Ah but you see there ARE records of all the private kingdom subfora, in the archives within the archives. That's where I found the Coa Ingoleva planning thread, in the White Council private subforum. It may have merged with the UL, but UL definitely went public at one point.

Arien
Arien
*shocked pikachu face *
cave anserem

Arien
Arien

Unknown ATR

Unknown ATR

Unknown ATR

Erendis ATR apparently but not sure if used.

@Li. did you make the top ones?

Figwit again??

Labelled “Man of Dale”. Regions SCR??
cave anserem

Warrior of Imladris
Could these be Earwen and Eriol from the CoLP selection in 2010?

Lady Aikári will receive the Tribute Rank of Eärwen, the Sea Maiden - did someone say she was on Discord?

Firiel Silverswan, enjoy being Eriol for the next month!

Warrior of Imladris
Op updated with our new information ... or our new lack of information.

High Lord of Imladris
These are some of the Region ones that I did with me noting which ones I am certain I used and why I could not tell you dates anymore those are gone sadly with me being ill.

Image - I know this one was used for sure
Image - This one was also used at some point in the regions.
Image - I think this one was also used but unsure
Image - Pretty sure this was the roac used but have two of them.
Image - This is the ONLY ring one I have so I'm guessing it was used
Image - Pretty sure this one was used or a varient of this one as this has a -1 behind it's original number which means someone liked it over all and requested a change
Image -This one was the one used.

I also have several moths from the kingdom for Isengard but photobucket is beign a right nightmare atm (I'm at 3000 images out of 2500 allowed so getting every image off is a fight and a half.
Sereg a Dîn

Warrior of Imladris
These are lush, Fuin. I'm rooting for you to win the fight.

High Lord of Imladris
Okay round 2.

FIGHT!

Image - Tim the Moth from Isengard This was the PRIMARY ONE
Image - Another varient of the Moth this one was used for a short while but the first one is the primary for sure.
Image - This was one of the three? female maiar that were used. I don't know if they were ever given a name or if they were just maiar. This was the secondary one
Image - This was the primary female maiar
Image This was the fire ent from Fangorn Possibly reskinned for a a region tribute.... Not sure. I can't find my varient with tribute text but I did find this.
Image This annoying brat from gondor.

OKAY ON TO RULER AND ADMIN AVATARS
Sereg a Dîn

Warrior of Imladris
Added these to the top post, thank you :smooch:

Ent Ancient
Whoa! I just came to say I am literally IN LOVE with those bird icons!