Plaza History Project - NuPlaza Admin Icons

A place to store the history of the Plaza and gather information and quotes about Tolkien's books
Warrior of Imladris
NU PLAZA
Where folks are voted in for a term of office!
m
In the beginning (technically, WAYYY after the beginning AND the end, by many days) Narv created the plaza anew, and Uruva and Sil both laughed and then became filthy enablers of his wizardry. Emboldened by their hilarity and mocking wonderment, Narv gave them great power to Try Things Out, Have A Go and Be Careful Not To Break It.
m
Our first admin team
@Narv @Sil @Uruva
Praise them with great praise!
It worked to some extent - you can see from the Hard Truths thread that some things needed a few goes - but it was all very behind the scenes and the lotrplaza has a Will of its own. It betrayed ... no, wrong monologue (hopefully!) In any case, on 13th/14th May 2020 the doors were flung open and plazaites from the near and far past gathered to stare in awe - the Blessed Realm was once again within the Circles of the World.

Once this NuPlaza was stable, changing servers and seeming to become a viable time-sink hobby for many folk once again, these fine folk with the buttons decided the time was ripe for democracy to reign supreme, and the membership to choose its own administrators, who would hold a fixed term of office (presumably defeating nepotism, power grabs and absenteeism in one fell swoop).

The First Elected Admins - voted in 17th June 2020 icons created by @Peeg
We should probably get them to write biographies. Short ones. :fence:
Last edited by Lirimaer on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Arien
Arien
I feel like an honorary mention should go to @Uruva who was admin from May until June with me and Narv, more or less by virtue of Narv’s late-night confession about Plaza and us laughing hysterically at him but then encouraging him to Make It A Thing and we would Totally Help Out or some other lie along those lines
cave anserem

Warrior of Imladris
This is a good point. She should write a biography too.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Snaga
It was 2 pm for him (and me).

Warrior of Imladris
How to get blood out of stones 101

:stab: :lightning: :pokey:

New Soul
Are we going to keep a record of the NuPlaza special and tribute ranks here or in a separate thread? Are we going to keep a record at all? Asking out of curiosity :-)
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Warrior of Imladris
Nice idea, Nessa - go for it! I renamed this thread accordingly.

(Of course, saying that, I don't have Mojo's icon saved ... we shall have to beg tptb for the original.)

New Soul
I'll leave the icon collecting/thread opening to with someone who's more tech-savvy than me :lol: I'm just here to throw ideas at you like they're very tasty potatoes :lol:
She/her.

Warrior of Imladris
Darn it! :lol:

Black Númenórean
Happy to share a link to Mojo's Fladrif ATR if this Narvlaza ATRs thread happens! :wink:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Warrior of Imladris
Are they ... permanent links? Have you got all the icons wired up? Asking for a friend *whistles*

No seriously, This is something quite dear to my heart. My weird weird OCD heart.

Black Númenórean
Teehee, here you go! And yes, we've got the ones that have been awarded uploaded, anyway.

Warrior of Imladris
Tarawen wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:06 am images/ranks/ATRs/mojo.png
Since you've named them weirdly with the recipients' names (sorry :lol: (but that might change if people have the desire to choose the same one) I'll um ... save them myself. Thank you though. :smooch:

Black Númenórean
I think that was a fluke for Mojo’s :)

Chef
@Lirimaer or @anyone

is there any chance you could make another 'Admin' icon for me but with a low ranking hobbit pipe instead of a sauron eye?

no particular reason

just curious

Black Númenórean
@Narv
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Chef
tx

Warrior of Imladris
Haha ... cute!

Master Torturer
@Lirimaer Tried to message you on Discord, but seems you aren't on there anymore :( Would you like your avatar/icon threads moved to the Library? You can still keep a master thread here and we can move the rest. Up to you :)

Warrior of Imladris
Um ... do what you like! Seems reasonable to have it out of that area.

Am I not on discord anymore? I wonder why.

High Lord of Imladris
OTHER Nu Plaza Admin Icons:

@Galadrihell (for a few days in 2020)

As of June 30th 2021
@Winddancer and @Galadrihell Rejoined the masses as minion an lorien elf respectively

@Lailyn took up the mantle of Elwing with
And

@Nessa Saelind took up the Mantle of Fool of a Took

I THINK at the beginning of January 2021 admin stint Tara and Sil may have switched icons for a short bit??? (confirmed yes they did for a short little bit)

Post Blip 2021 September:
Moriel wore

Girl Tilion
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Númenórean
Hahahahahaha yes we did - I would not call it an official swap, though. :lol:

High Lord of Imladris
We have also post blip had 'Female Tilion' From Moriel though I didn't grab that icon like a dingdong Do you know if it's in the back end still @Marceline Since I've documented eyeball Arien might as well have those as well!

Ent Ancient
Ooo I think Girl Tilion needs her moment in the spotlight, too! She's a lovely icon.

High Lord of Imladris
I have no idea on the image name in the plaza directory to bring it into here but we we can get it it gets to go up for sure!

Black Númenórean
Here you go:

New Soul
Revered Grandmother wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:44 pm @Nessa Saelind took up the Mantle of Fool of a Took
I love how now we have a Mantle for Fool of a Took! :lol: Is Pippin not the bestest and am I not the bestest Fool of a Took to wear this mantle! :lol: We shall disregard the pesky fact that I'm the only fool who has worn the Fool of a Took mantle :lol:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
Nessa Saelind wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:25 pm
I love how now we have a Mantle for Fool of a Took! :lol: Is Pippin not the bestest and am I not the bestest Fool of a Took to wear this mantle! :lol: We shall disregard the pesky fact that I'm the only fool who has worn the Fool of a Took mantle :lol:
Pffft you're also ignoring that Elwing is also referred to as a mantle. :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Who also is a first for being worn in an an adminish capacity that I'm aware of (I mean maybe there was a COLP Elwing??? I don't think so though) :smooch:

New Soul
Revered Grandmother wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:33 pmPffft you're also ignoring that Elwing is also referred to as a mantle. :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Who also is a first for being worn in an an adminish capacity that I'm aware of (I mean maybe there was a COLP Elwing??? I don't think so though) :smooch:
Yes, but Elwing as an admin mantle sounds very regal and dignified :tongue: While Mantle of a Fool of a Took on the other hand :tongue: :lol:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind :lol: Okay I do have to give you that. but I feel like Admin, Mod, Thing. Is possibly worse worse? I'm not entirely sure.

That said I have a few other select words for it but I feel like they are not Plaza censored and I don't want to test that.

High Lord of Imladris
Results of December 2021 Election are as follows:

Moriel as Tirion

Nessa Saelind as Fool of a Took

Winddancer as Ancalagon

With this election was have the official drop from 5 to 3 admins with Zôrzimril (Tara) stepping down from Ilmare, Falaneth (Lailyn) stepping down from Elwing, as well as Narv stepping back from official leadership (but will still be doing site maintanence.

🧚