Houses of Healing OOC (planning, etc.)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Winddancer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm How about figure that out when you come within a month of writing a HoH post :P With a list like that it looks like 10 years down the line :lol:
If Beren is still evading the Houses of Healing that far in the future, he's going to be in very big trouble !
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Master Torturer
:lol:

New Soul
Ercassie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:55 pmIf Beren is still evading the Houses of Healing that far in the future, he's going to be in very big trouble!
I can neither confirm nor deny this statement at the present time, ma'am. Thank you, next question, please. :rofl:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
I'll go with @Pele Alarion , @A Good Wife since she and I need to write together more. I've daunted you? You should see someone else's list...

@The King in Yellow , I must give fans what they want! Since you don't mind waiting for Beren to start A Study in Ivory, I'll move The Ward up the list! It is now the Eighth! :encore: :headbang:

Hunters (FINISHED) - Beren
Gaol (FINISHED) - Beren and Sanya, Angol and Sarabeth.
[FINISHED) Northern Fiefdoms - Beren and Sanya at Harlond. Beren and Chrysanthemum "Crissy" in the Pelennor Fields.
(FINISHED) Tower Guard - The Undertaker's Daughter (Beren beginning Iole search for Tower Guard)
(NOW STARTING) Ranger Commons - Beren
Healing House - Beren and Annamíri
Southern Fiefdoms - Sanya and Anardil, Imrahil and Aragorn at Lond Col.
Southern Fiefdoms - Caranroval, Arin, and Halion in Belfalas
Northern Fiefdoms - Mysterious Drinker, taking the glass from the Hunters RP. Also, Paw Company investigating Angol.
Northern Fiefdoms - The Misfits (Relating to A Timeless Terror)
Northern Fiefdoms - Arwen, Airien, and Annamíri in The Tower of Ecthelion
Minas Tirith's Mail ~ The Roquen Express Revived - Letter from Airien to Beren and Ursula
Northern Fiefdoms - Aragorn and Beren in The Tower of Ecthelion
Buccaneers - Taylus and Matt and Kfir
The Southern Fiefdoms - Continuing The Ward with Moriel
Northern Fiefdoms - A Tower Guard mission (Beren beginning a Tower Guard case, "A Timeless Terror" concerning a Gilrain Valley town of missing children in Lebennin )
Northern Fiefdoms - A Tower Guard mission (Beren beginning A Study in Ivory mission with Frost)
Winter is Come Inn - Beren
Marketplace - Beren and Belemund
Southern Fiefdoms - Araldur RP
City Court creation
Last edited by Eriol on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:19 am, edited 19 times in total.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

New Soul
Ercassie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:55 pm
Winddancer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm How about figure that out when you come within a month of writing a HoH post :P With a list like that it looks like 10 years down the line :lol:
If Beren is still evading the Houses of Healing that far in the future, he's going to be in very big trouble !
Context, Cassie... :smiley15: :rofl:

@Winddancer :rofl: :

@Tharmáras, can my procrastination/writers block borrow some of that power please ? :googly: :tongue:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
I give you the power to defeat creative blocks and delays to productivity, @Ercassie :winkkiss:

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:16 pm I'll go with @Pele Alarion , @A Good Wife since she and I need to write together more. I've daunted you? You should see someone else's list...
Alrighty then ^_^ one Master Healer for Beren then coming right up :grin: Lolz I just remembered Quintus is going to have to review all those medical files at one point :lol: because rangers and therapy after the weird mission :lol: *adds to the list of ever-growing crazy ideas* Speaking of lists, I like to keep mine manageable :grin: in the spirit of realistic expectations and the need to have a life and you know to read a book from time to time :lol: What a concept I know! :lol:
She/her.

@Tharmáras, Ok well, bottle that, and have the healers hand it out, and we'll all soon be posting in a nice timely manner *g* :grin: I shall not even mention the number of posts on my list. It will leave me in need of a healer to recover from the very thought of it.
*flees like Nal in pursuit of Hattie who is in pursuit of .. well, anything she sees, honestly.* :headshake:

New Soul
I will also brew glory for the healers as well, @Ercassie and wearing a Hufflepuff robe :lol: . Presently, in the first Sanya post, Hattie is terroizing chipmunks :lol: .

I feel sorry for anyone evaluating Beren's pych files, @A Good Wife :lol: .

New Soul
@Tharmáras that's why Beren will give his therapist the good booze from his room :smooch: , so she can pass some of it to her mentor who will be reviewing his files at one point :winkkiss:
She/her.

New Soul
I pity anyone who studies Nessa's psych files on Bear, @A Good Wife :rofl: . That being said, Beren will be destraught giving up the Good Stuff though it's a comfort his liquors are in trusted hands :smooch: .

New Soul
@Tharmáras - :lol: they are very carefully written :lol: words chosen with extreme care, and some things are somewhat coded :tongue: her mentor will be highly amused by it. :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
I'm searching the Wayback Machine for something, and I stumbled onto this thread. @Pele Alarion would you like me to add this to the repository? Could you look at it, see if it needs polishing or something?
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
@Tharmáras @A Good Wife U feel like Honoured grandmother may attempt to pinch some high end liquors in order to have an accurate and complete review of the medical alcohol.

New Soul
Beren does need to reunite with Fuin on NuPlaza since Aigronding and Rusca have been hogging her all to themselves, @Fuin Elda :lol: :smooch: ! B and Fuin need to hang out! Since Aigronding went back to Aman with Elrond, Fuin is one of the few closest Elven friends Beren still has left in the Fourth Age. He'll give her some of his booze, splitting it between Fuin and Nessa :clap: !

New Soul
Fuin Elda wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 pm@Tharmáras @A Good Wife U feel like Honoured grandmother may attempt to pinch some high end liquors in order to have an accurate and complete review of the medical alcohol.
:rofl: Of course the Honoured Grandmother will get deluxe samples of Beren's good booze :rofl: Drink and be merry Lady Grandmother! Don't break stuff! Or start a fight with plants! :rofl: :smooch:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
A Good Wife wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:43 pm :rofl: Of course the Honoured Grandmother will get deluxe samples of Beren's good booze :rofl: Drink and be merry Lady Grandmother! Don't break stuff! Or start a fight with plants! :rofl: :smooch:
The plants will be absolutely fine. Fuin loves plants. It's poor orderly Fred that's gonna get it if she gets too drunk poor guy will die of a nosebleed or brain hermorage from blushing at what Honoured Grandmother might say.

New Soul
@Fuin Elda :rofl: I don't know if I want to say "Let's hope Fred knows how to hide" or just get some cookies and watch the hilarity of that happening :lol:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
A Good Wife wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:32 pm I'm searching the Wayback Machine for something, and I stumbled onto this thread. @Pele Alarion would you like me to add this to the repository? Could you look at it, see if it needs polishing or something?
Ah, @A Good Wife, this is still mostly good stuff, I figure. :grin: I had a lot of links somewhere, though I am not sure where any longer. Also, you'd probably find more good stuff if you managed to find "Middle Earth Central" (I think it was called).

@Tharmáras What is it you say? In need of a Master Healer? *is hiding away somewhere in the garden*

New Soul
Don't make me bring Hattie to sniff you out, @Pele Alarion ! She's a retriever 😅.

New Soul
Pele Alarion, I am finishing the sandwiches and then, lo and behold, there will be Hurin's Wort, and honey and things! And hints of Dwarvish roots.

Seriously, I have a 3/4 draft for that batch going.
fka Ann Kalagon, Hyandaner

Mae Govannen, my friends!

New Soul
To all of you wonderfully patient patients :lol: (look at me being punny, much wow, brava!) I'm catching up on my HoH posts this evening/tomorrow and I will do my best to catch up and respond to everything before my vacation ends. And if all goes well maybe start some new stories :shrug: We shall see, but first things first - catch up on everything and respond to everyone. That should keep me busy for a while :grin:
She/her.

New Soul
Here's the up to date archives of the Houses of Healing II thread: HoH II - page 1 and HoH II - page 2.

I will tag everyone whose posts were saved here once the site goes live.
She/her.

New Soul
Tagging everyone (in alphabetical order) who is currently registered and participated in the HoH thread as per my post above:

@Afird Splitax @Amadhrill @Ankala Teaweed @Ercassie @Fuin Elda @Lailyn @Marceline @Pele Alarion @Winddancer

Regarding your posts saved in the pdfs linked in the post above, and depending on your RP partner(s) would you like to c/p your posts from the pdfs and repost them in a somewhat similar order? Or do you prefer to start fresh?

Also another important question for all regarding the change of the thread guidelines that took place on June 13. Would you mind if I adjust the thread guidelines this week and make the same announcement, just adding a clarification because of the loss of the database? I'd really appreciate your feedback, because although I did open this thread and I do look after it, for me the Houses of Healing have always been a collaborative effort and your opinions and suggestions are highly appreciated and always taken into consideration before making any decision(s). :smooch:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
I'm up for re-posting and continuing but also acknowledge if it's too stressful or too much or you want to start fresh or absolutely whatever, Windy and Rill, say the word, it's also fine with me. :smooch: Honestly, I really just want everyone to have fun and not stress. (This applies everywhere to all threads I'm engaged in fyi. I'm happy to have conversations about what we want to do with/about those stories of course.)

As for the rule change, go for it! and thanks for checking in! :thumbs:

Steward of Gondor
I'm alright with C/P ing my posts. And I don't really have much opinion on the change of thread guidelines, since i'm not even sure what it was LOL.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind I'm absolultely happy with CPing all my posts back and forth until we get to new stuff, And I am absolutely fine with you making the rules changes and announcement however you feel it best works for you.

New Soul
@NessaSaelind

Reposting is fine. I saved copies of all mine since returning to the HOH.
Thank you!

And I would benefit from your review of the guidelines.

I have posted Nal's initial arrival at the HOH @Nessa Saelind and @Pele Alarion because it had to happen, the training was decided to be a mandatory ranger thing I believe. :tongue: Thankfully I had that post saved, and now the other consequent three I made for HOH have been found and squirrelled away as well. I am happy to copy/paste to catch us up but am equally open to taking the progression of story along a fresh start, as you like. :wink:

And as far as the updated guidelines go Nessa, I do believe they added a lot with regard to the new opportunities that the HOH was just establishing. So I would count that a worthy inclusion. :winkkiss:

High Warden of Tower
Hmm, reposting might work since there are posts, else might just as well do something creatively different. :lol:

New Soul
Thank you for your feedback everyone :grouphug:

Thread guidelines have been updated and I've included a brief explanation and the screenshot from the pdf and the link to the pdf itself. Now I'm going to go repost my responses to people based on the current situation in the thread. :nod: If you need me to mark or highlight which post from the pdf I have responded too I will happily do so here. Or better yet I will mark it in the title *eureka*. Off I go to make a colourful fruit salad!
She/her.

Master Torturer
Happy to cp mine back in, but uh maybe poke me on Discord if mine is the one you are waiting for, I am on there even if I am not on here.

@Marceline Seeing as we finished Meagon's hospital stay, I will leave if for you to decide if you want that story up again. Either way is fine with me <3

And you have likely already done it @Nessa Saelind but fine with you doing the rules update now <3

New Soul
Ms Irma is back in the House(s of Healing)! <3 This is the content I've been waiting for @Winddancer @Lailyn and @Rillewen to continue this! :smooch:
She/her.

Master Torturer
:lol:

Steward of Gondor
Lol I'm out at the store right now but I'll be able to do more posting tonight lol
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Black Númenórean
@Winddancer I would love to have the whole thing posted again! I loved this story and your posts.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Ent Ancient
:lol: I'm sure Nurse Maeth is not happy about Ms Irma's (re)appearance

New Soul
@Pele Alarion we did not lose that much -- I sent you my whole file, but most of our posts were not lost.

I just posted the next one, the first one that was deleted. Maybe only 3 were deleted.

Master Torturer
As if being exposed to Ms Irma's shrieking once was not enough :lol:

New Soul
A bit of housekeeping from me :lol:

@Rillewen - I have a few paragraphs to finish before I post Quintus's response for you. Hopefully, I will finish it tonight so I can post it along with a Quintus repost for @Pele Alarion. BTW Pele regarding the Nal comes in for basic training I think you have a post after @Ercassie then me again, then you and we'll be all caught up with that! :grin:
She/her.

Balrog
I have completely forgotten that I need to write stuff here! @Nessa Saelind please forgive this senile old bear. He promises that once all things have been caught up on he will devote his attention to HoH!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Don't worry about it @Baphởmet :smooch: you have a ton of things to catch up with and repost and juggle, no need to rush for HoH. :smooch: You'll get back to it whenever you can, I'm here and there's no rush :winkkiss:
She/her.

Balrog
so many things! I am winding down now though, at least with what is available (throwing all the unavailable stuff in the "To Post" pile rather than the "Repost") will try within a week to have a decent response :smooch:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

I believe I only have the one more post to repost in here @Nessa Saelind @Pele Alarion. The one with much confusion about bandages and storerooms .. :lol:

New Soul
Ercassie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:10 am I believe I only have the one more post to repost in here @Nessa Saelind @Pele Alarion. The one with much confusion about bandages and storerooms .. :lol:
I believe you are right :nod: I'm looking at the pdf and I think this is the order:

Nal 1 - from May 12th - posted
Matilda 1 - from May 16th - posted
Nal 2 - from June 22nd - posted
Pele 1 - from July 14th - posted
Nal 3 - from July 25 - posted
Pele 2 - from August 10th - not posted
Matilda 2 - from August 18th - not posted
Nal 4 - from August 20th - not posted
Matilda 3 - from August 22nd - not posted
Pele 3 - from August 27th - not posted

So 2 more posts from @Pele Alarion and me, and one from you and we'll be all caught up with poor Nal and the concept of logistics :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
@Pele Alarion Greetings.

I believe I am caught up. You have one to go, whether a repost or new? 👍🏼

New Soul
Some housekeeping from me (again)

If I did the math right, I'm all caught up with my reposts in the HoH and now it's back to your regularly scheduled content of writing new posts. If I don't have to do overtime hopefully a lot of those will be done by the end of the week :nod: but we'll see how things go. Of course if for any reason I can't manage to get the responses up promptly I'll let you know.

There's another important thing that I wanted to touch upon in the OOC. As you may have already seen, @Revered Grandmother and I have started working on a new arc of Fuin's story in which we will explore mental health issues and past traumas of our characters (mostly Fuin's). All of our posts will be in accordance with the Plaza PG-13 rating and with the RP CoC, and we will keep adding a Content Warning in bold red at the beginning of our posts. I just wanted to stress here that if this is not a topic you feel comfortable reading about for any reason, you are absolutely not obliged to read our posts just because you're participating in an RP thread. Long way of saying please don't feel bad if you for any reason cannot or do not wish to read our posts in which we explore our character's trauma.
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
I think I am all caught up too for the time being (well, in HoH at any rate).

New Soul
Finally caught up on all the housekeeping in the placeholder post in the thread. The roster is updated, added a few more useful links that were missing post Blip and also added the links to Imladris' Abad Nestad and the Edoras Infirmary. I also added the link to the original TR announcement re rule adjustments to the reposted TR announcement.

I think I covered everything, but if I didn't just poke me and I'll do it. :nod:

As for posting, after a flurry of repost activity, I am back to my usual turtle pace where you have to wait for this old turtle to find the time and energy to post. Sorry folks, I need a wee break from RP-ing to recharge my writing batteries. Shouldn't take long. :winkkiss:
She/her.