Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

"As for myself," said Eomer, "I have little knowledge of these deep matters; but I need it not."
Elven Enchanter
If you haven't been introduced to this music video, you're missing out. And if you have seen it before, chances are it's been a long time. Enjoy. :smiley15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC35cQKHwzg

(I figured this was the most relevant place to post? It's not lore, but not OOME either)
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Forester of Lothlorien
:smiley9: :smiley9: :smiley9: :smiley9: :smiley9: :smiley9: :smiley9: :smiley9: :smiley9: Why on earth have I not seen this? XD
Characters: Lilath(Elf) Beril(Human/Dwarf) Garreth(Dwarf) Blossom(Orc/human) Rose(Ent)

Balrog
This is the kind of wholesome, quality LotR content that we all need in these days! :smiley9:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Thain of The Mark
At risk of stating the obvious, that was, um, a very different time, pop culture-wise :smiley9:
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Istari Savant
🎼Bilbo! Bilbo Baggins🛁Glug!

Istari Savant
What’s even worse is one very close on YouTube of William Shatner not singing Rocket Man!

Councillor of Imladris
It definitely fit the trend of the era of heavily spicing a song with pop culture references. You had this and a significant portion of Led Zeppelin's work. How often do you hear a current pop culture book get full on referenced in songs? That is not entirely rhetorical, as if there are, I would gladly note them.

Balrog
We should do our own renditions of the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins and make a contest out of it.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Chef
Bilbo BILBO Bilbo Baggins, greatest little hobbit of 'em all! I haven't seen this in years but it's so fantastic and weird.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Chieftain of The Mark
Leonard Nimoy is strange choice as vocalist, but everything was strange in those days. Thanks for posting, I have it ready for rotation when my my kids (21 and 17) finally get up this morning.

New Soul
I'd forgotten about that! I remember being completely floored the first time I saw it. Really might be the oddest YouTube I've ever seen
Third Marshal of the Mark
Meduseld Éored

New Soul
Frost wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:03 pm We should do our own renditions of the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins and make a contest out of it.
I AM SO IN

This song is the best. So, I came across this video because of a series of flash videos I discovered from a creator called Legendary Frog back when I was in middle school? High school? And from there... my love of TOS Spock & Leonard Nimoy made this video everything my heart needed.

It comes up in The One Ring to Rule Them All 2. Here. The first one is much shorter. They're all a fun lil trip.

Then this song got referenced again in the Spock/Spock (Quinto/Nimoy) car commercial that happened when the 'new' Star Trek movie came out (the first of the new ones, back in.. I dunno, 2010?) Eru, that's not new anymore, is it...

Commercial here
they/he/mischief

Elven Enchanter
Frost wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:03 pm We should do our own renditions of the Ballad of Bilbo Baggins and make a contest out of it.
Yes! That would be so much fun and one way to get the creative (and weird) juices flying.

@Mor Toast What on earth did I just watch?
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

New Soul
@Dimcairien Luiniel Bahhaahahaha. Spreading joy and chaos wheree'er I go.
they/he/mischief