Head's up!

"As for myself," said Eomer, "I have little knowledge of these deep matters; but I need it not."
Guard of The Mark
I don't know if many forummers here are English, but just in case there are some, I looked in my local Vue cinema and they're showing all three LoTR films over the course of the next few days. Fellowship of the Rings tomorrow, all three (!!!) on Saturday and Return of the King on Sunday. So just in case you haven't been checking your local Vue cinema listings, they might be showing them near you too! It's worth keeping checking as well because the films they are showing seems to vary a lot, day by day.

I don't think I could manage all three but I might see TTT. I saw that the most of all three when they were at the cinema originally (11 times) and as well as seeing a great film on the big screen, it would be quite nostalgic.

Warrior of Imladris
I don't have a Vue near me, but I would quite like to see FotR on the big screen again. I shall have to make do with my tv, which my mother thinks is quite big enough anyway!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Guard of The Mark
Odeon is also showing it apparently, as is Cineworld. I think the whole trilogy is being re-released today so if you've got cinema nearby of any chain, you may be able to see it. Unfortunately Google lied to me and my local cinema isn't showing it, nor are any of the four other cinemas that are nearby (two Vues, a Cineworld and an Odeon), though plenty of other places are showing it. I seem to be living in a LoTR blackhole.

But if I want to watch Batman I have plenty of choices...

Chieftain of The Mark
Thanks for the head's up @Jenny Harper , I'm off all of next week, hopefully a cinema nearby is participating in the rerelease
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
The Regal Cinema in my city is not showing it, but I see the one in the next city over (about 40 min drive) will be. Ooh thank you, I rarely do anything on Saturdays and this might be a perfect (and much needed) trip.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Warrior of Imladris
My local Odeon is showing everything but LotR. I bet they'll have a few takers for The Empire Strikes Back.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Guard of The Mark
As it turns out, Google wasn't lying just Vue hadn't put their screen times up yet and didn't put them up until this afternoon, though I now have a ticket booked for tomorrow! :D For 3 hours tomorrow, in my mind, it'll be 2003, I'll be 14 again and no-one will have even heard of Covid-19 is! Enjoy the trip, Boromir.

Lirimaer, I must admit Empire Strikes Back is tempting too as I wasn't even alive when it was out at the cinema and it would be interesting to see it on the big screen.

Warrior of Imladris
I was five when it came out ... my Dad took me to see it, but I don't remember the plot from those days; my abiding memory is of a weird ugly green puppet hitting Luke with a stick while everything was dark and gloomy. I still smile watching Dagobah scenes because of that.

Have a lovely time-travel trip, Jenny!

Guard of The Mark
Thanks! It was fun, but in a way, bittersweet. Firstly, it's quite hard to pretend it's 2003 and Covid isn't a thing while wearing a mask, which also isn't much fun when wearing glasses.

Secondly, it was bittersweet because being back in the cinema watching Lord of the RIngs took me back to the days of 2003 and in those days, life was so different to now and so much simplier and straightforward. As I had no friends or social life, I spent my weeks at school and my weekends watching Lord of the Rings at the cinema. It reminded me of when I was that LoTR-obsessed school kid who lived and breathed Middle Earth. It was nice though to get that feeling back even for a few hours. The fact that this site is still so active is great though as it's like a link to that time and it's nice for at least some things in your life to stay the same/not change. Which is why (and I'd never thought I'd say this), I can actually relate to a song from Frozen 2.

Though I have to say, Helm's Deep remains one of the best battle scenes in cinematic history IMO.

Despite finding certain aspects of it annoying *cough*army of the dead*cough* seeing TTT at the cinema has made me more inclined to see RoTK, if there's anywhere still showing it (I haven't checked).