Cinema Therapy: morals and choice in LotR

"As for myself," said Eomer, "I have little knowledge of these deep matters; but I need it not."
Warrior of Imladris
Anyone seen Cinema Therapy on YouTube? I may have lost a few hours watching many of these movie-unpicking videos (not just LotR-related). And if you get sidetracked watching many other vids for movies you love, it's not my fault btw.

I love this first one about Aragorn.

Aragorn vs. Toxic Masculinity "You can decapitate orcs and write poetry."

The ones below are somewhat clunky with the in-your-face message about being all you can be in these covid times, but they're nevertheless interesting:

Radical Acceptance and dealing with hardship in FotR
How The Two Towers can help us deal with isolation
3 life lessons learned from Samwise in RotK
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Thanks for the videos suggestion to check out the Cinema Therapy channel. I have not seen any of their videos before but the ones they did on LOTR are quite good.

I have only two small quibbles, and as they are videos talking about PJ's movies, that is quite remarkable. Usually "fan videos" (and I feel like it's fair to say they appear to be big fans of the movies) don't go on to talk about the lessons and choices in a movie, so it was nice to watch.

In Aragorn vs. Toxic Masculinity, I think that is the best one of the 4 (and wow, who knew the "My friends you bow to no one" would still make me tear up and want to watch the trilogy again?). One thing I'll never forgive PJ for doing though is in ROTK EE, Aragorn beheading the Mouth of Sauron. I guess it could be explained away as Aragorn protecting his friends by stopping the Mouth's lies, but he does it (as I remember it, but I could be wrong) in sort of a spurt of rage. Now that one scene isn't enough to destroy all the great moments that get described in the video, but I hated it because it looked so out of character, even out of character for movie!Aragorn, because of all the things the video goes into detail about.

My other one is TTT video, "Wormtongue" is a title for Grima, not his last name. Granted they are right that he still doesn't have a chance with Eowyn, but it's not because no one wants to have the last name Wormtongue. Poor Grima, he really does not fit in to Rohan culture. :tongue:
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Warrior of Imladris
They are not quite on your level of LotR geekdom, to be sure! They are BIG fans of Serenity/Firefly though, so those are sweet videos full of geekboys spazzing out about their fave show.

I don't know though, Mrs Wormtongue has a natty ring to it ... :lol:
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Lirimaer, true and I'll definitely have to check those out too. I love Serenity and Firefly, probably not as much as them though. :lol:

I think the best point from their LOTR videos is how they recognized Frodo's courage and strength in accepting the burden of the Ring. And accepting it even though he wished it did not happen in his time. Frodo appreciation in fan videos is definitely something I don't see a lot of, so it's nice to see these two explain why Frodo is a brave and strong 'hero.'
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows