Eldrith's Photography

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
Healer of Imladris
@Pele Alarion nooooooooooooooooo! :lol: I recently started teaching English at a daycare once a week and just printed out the flashcards for that monstrosity.

That's a beautiful yellow dress. How long does it take her to make something like that? The cracked mirror shot could be a book cover or movie poster. :clap:
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Esquire of The Mark
Tarawen wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:58 am Very cool! I wondered if you'd somehow found a cracked mirror in which to shoot a reflection. :lol:
Unfortunately I usually do not have too much freedom in 'setting up' my shoots. I have to take advantage of what is there. In this case the 'sticks' behind her were in place and the cup we had on hand. I saw an 'evil queen' image and well the rest is history.
Aerlinn wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:46 am @Pele Alarion nooooooooooooooooo! :lol: I recently started teaching English at a daycare once a week and just printed out the flashcards for that monstrosity.

That's a beautiful yellow dress. How long does it take her to make something like that? The cracked mirror shot could be a book cover or movie poster. :clap:
The yellow dress is 'just' the underdress. The whole ensemble took months, which included hand beading hems and bodices...
Kill-Stealing Skirt Wench
When others ride out to win renown, let me chosen to tend the house.

Esquire of The Mark

High Warden of Tower
I mean... these photos are just so excellent!

Thain of The Mark
Oh my goodness things got busy and I fell behind on this thread. I *adore* the picture of you on the space exhibit in your garb, LOL. Such a fun shot! I also love the black-and-white shot from July 20. It's got such a fun, dark feel to it!

As an aside: do you know all the image links from June 28 and back seem to be broken? Hopefully it's just my browser, but wanted to bring it up in case it's not.

Esquire of The Mark
@Pellaadarion Thank you!

@Taethowen I knooooooww... they have expired. I didn't know that would happen. I need to dig through, find from the description which picture it was, transfer to an outside of fb host and put them back in..

Black Númenórean
Ah, this latest photo is so great! I love the composition, and the expression in his eyes is so great - I can read so many expressions into it! What a lovely portrait.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
@Eldrith Every time I pop in here I truly end up feeling nostalgic for the Renaissance Festival, which we all can't go to this year! Love this last shot. The positioning of the sword is completely spot on and perfect.
she/her

Esquire of The Mark

Healer of Imladris
OH MY KITTY CAT HOW DID I MISS THIS PHOTO

I hope he's really a prince that was transformed into a bitty kitty by a well-meaning magician who wanted to him to live a life of cooing and pets and luxury. But now he's been found by this mermaid princess who's heartbroken because she has to return to her dolphin kingdom and is kitty doomed to wait for her forever on the beach?? Guuuuuh, those ears.

Black Númenórean
I am very allergic to cats and this photo makes me want to snuggle a kitty more than maybe any other photo I've seen!

Thain of The Mark
Oh my goodness kitty! It looks a little nervous though, and I hope it wasn't too spooked by everything going on around it! (On that note, echoing Aerlinn, I could have *sworn* I've checked for an update on this thread since August 17, how did I miss this?!)

I love the little backstory @Aerlinn's made up for the picture though!

Esquire of The Mark
Yávië wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:53 pm OH MY KITTY CAT HOW DID I MISS THIS PHOTO

I hope he's really a prince that was transformed into a bitty kitty by a well-meaning magician who wanted to him to live a life of cooing and pets and luxury. But now he's been found by this mermaid princess who's heartbroken because she has to return to her dolphin kingdom and is kitty doomed to wait for her forever on the beach?? Guuuuuh, those ears.
Love the backstory. The Kitty's name is Zeus. By now he is a father of several scottish fold kittens (that's what makes the ears like that).

@Resistance is Futile He actually adored the attention. His face almost always looks like that.. it's the ears!!

Esquire of The Mark
Shot today!

Thain of The Mark
@Eldrith I'm glad the kitty was enjoying it, then!

I love this new picture too! It has such an old fashioned glamour feel to it, but also feels very Halloween-y! I love the contrast of the lace over her face, and the light/shadow play across the whole picture as well.

High Lord of Imladris
I am absolutely devastated that none of the images from before page three exist. I have done a very very small amount of SCA (I almost joined the castel Rouge of North Shield full bore but stopped) I love the shot of the scottish fold and I'm guessing that's the Queens Atlantia crown.

I will likely go rooting through the SCA pages on Facebook I'm part of to see, are they in the SCA A&S pages? or Atlantias page itself? (which I'm not a part of yet as I am most certainly North Shield if I'm participating at all

Also I love the focus on the newest one. The eye is ALMOST in focus but the chest and neck are not just the lace is in perfect focus

Esquire of The Mark
Ooohh @Karis Ziranphel .. there's a Northshielder here!!
@CHAOS Some are on the Merry Rose of Atlantia. All are on my private fb: Eva Bogaerts.. There are a lot from the newest session as well. Not SCA.. but they're a deliberate gothic one.

@Taethowen Victorian Gothic was the theme. Romantic but.. spooky. These are friends of mine, that I have shot several times in the SCA. This was a private session, intended to look somewhat like a wedding session but .. with THEIR aesthetic.

High Lord of Imladris
@Eldrith Karis knows. At least I THINK karis knows we use to talk on FB a bit I think???? I went to one of the large North Shield feasts outside of Gimli several years ago and got to speak with the Crown King? Of Atlantia (he had way bigger than a one inch hat on) he was def Atlantia nobility based on colours and how tall the hat was, and I know they were guests for that event, but that's the only BIG event I've gone to ever otherwise A&S meets for me. If you see a random blue haired (literally blue not old) female adding you on facebook, that's me.

Esquire of The Mark
Ha! In Atlantia there's a law that says we don't have sumptuary laws so more people can have a more than one inch hat.. but there's definitely the chance that it was a crown prince or a king! Some of them travel a LOT. Hope he wasn't wearing purple!!

High Lord of Imladris
Well it was summer 2014 I found the photos from the A&S immediately after, SOooooo I don't remember I feel it was a lot of blue to represent Atlantia for the feast portion it was my only interaction with Atlantia. I have no idea but that years king was R&D but I can't find any labeled images (assuming that was all removed due to what happened) so I can't overly confirm

Esquire of The Mark
@Fuin Elda Oh yeah. Yep. That's why I said "hope he wasn't wearing purple" because that's the guy that got deservedly R&D!!! Also please add me!

Esquire of The Mark
From the same session, which was a wonderful goth wedding anniversary session...

Last edited by Eldrith on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Healer of Imladris
Ooooh, I love the black and white with the veil and streaks of sunlight. Her eye is so striking with everything else obscured.

Looks like it must have been a fun, creative shoot!

Thain of The Mark
What a fun shoot that must have been! I'll be honest, though, my brain keeps trying to figure out how her arm is bent at that angle from where she's lying, and I keep having to tell myself it's not her arm!

I also love that goblet!

Esquire of The Mark

Esquire of The Mark

Fully different style. This was part of a senior portrait session.

Thain of The Mark
Both your most recent pictures are so crisp and vivid! The contrast between the content of each of them is interesting when you're just scrolling through, especially knowing that otherwise one person would probably never see these photos together.

Khazad Elder
Hi Eldrith! Wonederful photography! Especially the black and white veil photo. It is stunning! That is, I am guessing, your beautiful eye?

Thanks for sharing!🤗

High Warden of Tower
Those colours really are so rich, Eldrith! Love all the photos.

Healer of Imladris
Heeeeey, a trumpeter! I love the background and the lighting and all the yellows.

Black Númenórean
I've missed a lot of your more recent work, and for that I can only say - I'm glad I am catching up now! I love the black and white shot with the lace so much. Her eye is crisp and her gaze intense and it just draws you in!

The shot of the couple from your anniversary shoot is such a cool photo full of their personality - I love it. They were fortunate to have you as their photographer!

I wish I'd had someone like you to take my senior portraits - mine were done in a weird studio and had none of this vibrancy of color and character. Was this a background in the student's school? Wherever it is, what a cool mural.

Ent Ancient
I am very excited I can finally see your photos! I really like the last one of the anniversary couple - you captured a quiet intimacy in their expressions and posture. This is beautiful (as are all your photos).

My favorite though would have to be the black & white of the woman - the way the light falls on the lace which obscures one of her eyes...it is mysterious and alluring and utterly gorgeous. I have so much admiration for people who can do such lovely portraits.