narv pics 2003-2007

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
Chef
Welcome to page 2. This calls for another High Effort Piece

Winddancer

Commentary: @Winddancer

Master Torturer
Ooooooh my goddddd! Why have I never seen this before?? This is pure awesomeness!! <3 <3

Black Númenórean
Omgosh how long did this take to make?!

Narv, I feel I must be honest and say that your Nazgul illustration is a lot better than your elf
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Chef
you might say i had some time on my hands in 2005

the Nazgul may be better, but they are equally accurate

Snaga
Why does #7 have my IRL name written on it?

Warrior of Imladris
I think that is Elerina. Not that I know who that is/was ...
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Snaga
No, that would make too much sense. That's clearly my name.

Fea
Narv wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:14 pm though it is unclear whether the mouth was open in astonishment, panic or simply in an effort to obtain more sweet sweet watered-down canadian beer
It was a mixture of all three. The portrait captures perfectly the real event in question, along with the cornucopia of equally real emotions which abounded:

Astonishment: I was permitted to drive this vehicle; it appeared to be obeying my every thought; I remained upright and unscathed the entire day.

Panic: How draconian were Canadian laws on mowing over pedestrians with segways? Did we miss a beer stop? Would I ever want to walk anywhere again?

Sweet-Canadian-watered-down-beer-procurement: self explanatory.

Black Númenórean
Narv wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 pm you might say i had some time on my hands in 2005

the Nazgul may be better, but they are equally accurate
So much time for homestarrunner and making gifs to share with us a decade and a half later. Nice.

@Nia that is quite the emotional cocktail!! Does this mean Narv was there to witness it firsthand?!

Fea
@Tarawen Alas, as with many of life's key junctures, that particular moment passed unobserved by any plazaite past or present. I believe the story was regaled in great detail shortly after the event.

All of this excitement has led to me to forget to comment on frankly epic gif. I'm always a big fan of the horizontal Nazgul.

[edit: came back to edit in the missing 'the', but, frankly, I prefer it without]

New Soul
This is excellent. This is high art. Great comedic timing, excellent use of Winddancer's name over and over again for dramatic effect. The best part of this is the pokey stabby part-- seeing a picture stab another picture is everything I want from my action sequences. My only complaint is that the word victory took up to much space. 9.6/10
they/he/mischief

Chef
Well if we're discussing the greats, I will bust out another high-water mark in the rich history of narv depictions of current plaza admins. This is @Sil, obviously

Sil Bun

Commentary: I remembered to edit out my dad's credit card info this time, now that it's 15 years expired

Thain of The Mark
This showed up small and dim on my phone, so that I was forced to zoom in on the strange crumbs just off to the right of the bottom center

My zoomy fingers were RICHLY rewarded, what a delightful and articulate crumb display, and so artfully molded. A true complement to the larger image, of Sil as some sort of bun seagull, dreaming, as bun seagulls do, of hand cream.
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Arien
Arien
Hahahaha but narv the inclusion of your dad’s credit card was an important part of this art piece and symbolised how you were willing to combine your finances with me even as a free bread bird in order to raise your child. I have expenses you know. Mostly hand cream apparently.

Also this is violating the principles of your thread description as it is clearly from 2008 and thus outside the dates listed in your title
cave anserem

Fea
Narv has gone on an absolute bender when it comes to remaining within the parameters of his thread title.

Also hands like that probably would go stale pretty quickly, so I guess you would want some handcream.

Black Númenórean
But what kind of bun was it before it became Sil??

And as long you're already creeping outside the thread title's time frame, when will we get to see narv pics 2020

Chef
I don't have Paint anymore so 95% of the basis for all my art is gone. And I don't have any buns either right now so that takes care of the other 5

It was a home made dinner roll handcrafted by my mother. I don't know if sil ever understood that particular generational aspect.

@Thalionwen hi

Chef
Also I will not respond to further disparagements of the accuracy of the thread title

Black Númenórean
surely there's an open source doodling program somewhere

Chef
surely Michelangelo coulda used plasticine but that don't mean he did

Black Númenórean
touché

Fea
He might have done if the world had run out of marble. But I agree it's a point well made.

Warrior of Imladris
Hmm. Is it, though? :shrug:
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Chef
yes

next admin on the list: me

Narvs

Commentary: Honestly I don't even know if I made these or someone else but they were in the folder so I'm claiming them

Black Númenórean
I used to know someone who legit was getting a math phd studying, like, shapes in the 12th dimension and this looks like stuff he might have studied

New Soul
This latest piece looks like the black and white fellow lost his innards, or they took flight from him, and is now chasing those colourful innards all around town to put them back where they belong.

Who wouldn't want to regain their twelfth dimension shapes?
they/he/mischief

Arien
Arien
why is one narv yeeting the other narv? Is one of them Narvi Jr, finally disappointing his sort-of-father for the last time? Or is it symbolic of black and white narv flinging away the butterfly narv which was his chaotic childhood to embark on an even more chaotic but also structured code job?
cave anserem

Warrior of Imladris
I am enjoying the headless Narv and like that he is able to carry it without the use of his arms - and particularly the mediaeval monk outfit fits perfectly with the feeling engendered by the disabled chase of the lively and colourful (hopes and dreams?) escaping Thuringwethil-like into the air.

It is a solemn work.

Chef
No Sil those are definitely not Narvi Jr as I would have thought you would know given your involvement in certain key aspects of the lad's existence

I have just 2 remaining clues as to the true form of Narvi Jr which I will release separately as each warrants significant speculation.

Narvi Jr

Commentary: This seems to imply that some combination of Sil, Narguzir and The Machine were a Nazgul and a Fell Beast, but it's deeply unclear

Warrior of Imladris
I vaguely remember asking you to make me a fire gif ouat ... I can see now how it would have gone.

A chicken that roasts you. The perfect child. Also, when he grows up, you can stop writing labels on his toys.

Black Númenórean
why does it have a fin on its butt

Fea
If you rotate it 90 degrees clockwise, I rather think it has the vibe of a flamenco dancer :thumbs:

Istari Steward
I think I mighta said this on discord at one point but I freaking love that Windy animation up top.

Narvi Jr. though, I kind of think my reaction is "kill it with fire". Although I'm not sure that fire would harm such a creature.

It kind of looks like it is saying "hisssss flapping death wings", so I choose to read it this way.

Chef
I was going to wait longer for this but clearly the shortcomings of Narvi Jr V1 are becoming rapidly realized so I feel I must defend his honour by revealing that he was acknowledged to be crap early on and was entirely replaced the next year in the following self-explanatory depiction:

Narvi Jr

Commentary: Sil is in blue, and in fact I'm pretty sure is the original creator of the spaceship and people images which were extended to their true forms by myself. Perhaps she can provide the original for comparison

Fea
I'm sure I'll have more to say on this later, perhaps in comparison with the original, but two things which strike me are: 1) the heart is very 3D, and 2) I like the pirate pic, but would like to hear more on the horizontal lightning bolts/ McDonald's M.

Black Númenórean
I am so very tempted to look at this like a comic strip but I'm sure this would be a mistake

Besides this impulse for a narrative, I really like (and relate to) the expression on the head perched atop the spaceship

Chef
don't mind me everyone just here to fulfill my duties of administrating the website reposting old garbage from my hard drive

justlikeyou.png

Commentary: I believe Roh was involved in this in some way and may or may not be either the smiter or one of the townsfolk. It's unclear

Arien
Arien
Narv wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:28 am
Commentary: Sil is in blue, and in fact I'm pretty sure is the original creator of the spaceship and people images which were extended to their true forms by myself. Perhaps she can provide the original for comparison[/center]
I’m also pretty sure I am the original spaceship creator, but I don’t recall making it at all
cave anserem

Gardener
Holy guacamole I'm in a Narv artwork and not only that but I'm at at the top and you spelled my name even more correctly than I can do so myself and you are my favourite
#fangirlwoogy

Chef
@Woogy Hardbotom I've been waiting for you to arrive before revealing this piece, surely one of my proudest

woggy

Commentary: the only flaw is that I spelled your name wrong on this one, sorry don't know what I was thinking

Loremaster of the Herd
woggy
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Black Númenórean
Oh my

There are no words

Gardener
My favourite piece yet. It reminds me of that time you misspelled my name.

High Lord of Imladris
Narv wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:14 pm from my understanding the second portrait was indeed an accurate depiction of a real-life event, as recounted to me ex post facto. though it is unclear whether the mouth was open in astonishment, panic or simply in an effort to obtain more sweet sweet watered-down canadian beer
I feel like the ONLY place allowed to call Canadian beer watered down is Europe/UK having been there and drunk their alcohol I will allow them to mock Canadian beer ruthlessly, though some of our micro breweries are on par with them anything that's bigger than a single province dispensary is week compared to even their mass market beers. Goodness knows Canadians drink American beer after water when weaning themselves off of alcohol :lol:

That said the rest of the art is amazing and I quite enjoy it (the Segqways are among my favourite as is #13
Sereg a Dîn

Chef

The Day Amarlic Got a Plaque

Commentary: @Amalric welcome buddy

Fea
4 months away from this thread and look what I've missed. The comma getting its own moment in the sun has topped off an excellent Monday.

Scout of Lothlorien
A gross, ugly clam! How could I forget that?!? (answer: easy)

Thanks old buddy. You made me go searching through my Photobucket account, which hasn't seen the light of day in at least five years. I have a picture of Ronald Reagan either having lunch with a pig, or having a pig for lunch (or maybe the pig ate Reagan?). That was for one of your games, can't remember if it was the one with the LIGHTNING ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

or not. Still one of the funniest things I ever saw on the old Plaza.

Black Númenórean
what did i just watch

Ent Ancient
I just realized what my life has been missing the last ~15 years. This. thread.
:clap: Bravo Narv. You have outdone yourself! If I had to pick a fav, it might be #13 Narvi Jr. it is stunning.

Arien
Arien
Why can’t I stop watching this
cave anserem