WD's mudlarking

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
Master Torturer
So while mudlarking is a lot of fun, there are definitely times when you go home without finding anything (which sucks as petrol is 20 quid to get there!), but there are also times when you find stuff and then when you get home and check it on FB groups you find out it is absolutely worthless and sometimes a bit embarassing..

Carbon rod for a battery, tons of these about

Bathtub plug.. shush!

Relatively new handle for a pot/pan

Cutout from linoleum

Another thing from an old battery, tons of these too

Modern rebar spacer from a construction site

These are filled with helium? Anyways used for drugs. I never picked them up, had a feeling they were new, tooons of these around

Modern bottle stopper. You can still get these new..

Another battery component, at least I am not the only one to pick these up, they show up on the FB groups every time a newbie posts :P

Fea
I would never have guessed that was a bath plug. If I'd seen that in a museum of artefacts from Pompeii, I'd probably have believed it.

Master Torturer
:lol: I should have kept it then! :P

Esquire of The Mark
@Winddancer where are you searching to find such an abundance of battery parts?? :lol:

Master Torturer
Thames foreshore, need some parts? :lol:

Khazad Elder
I love the way you are displaying these items. It makes all the bits of treasure look so mosaic. I especially like the coffee table and the pottery sherds! :nod:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Black Númenórean
Ha! I love this modern set of stuff in contrast to the older things you've found. Amazing all the random objects that wind up in rivers...
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Master Torturer
Not mudlarking, but a gorgeous (though frigging freezing!) day in Durham <3

Khazad Elder
No snow! Nice! Lovely photos, Windy!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Master Torturer
Thanks! <3 And yep, no snow, thank god. That melted quite quickly. However you can see some of the destruction storm Arwen caused, all those trees in the river :( And sooo much water, it was soo loud!

High Lord of Imladris
I missed these last three photos I love them honestly the architecture of the UK always makes me happy. No idea why those houses would be absolutely rotten to live in in Canada but the texture and the layering and the shapes are just fantastic and I quite like the lighting on the castle.

Master Torturer
The lighting was indeed goegeous that day :D But one thing I did notice was the NOISE, holy mother of that river ROARED. Granted it was a few days after the storms, but geez, cant imagine living right up against that, I would never sleep! :P

High Lord of Imladris
Mmmm it takes about 1 or 2 weeks tops and you wouldn't ever hear it again in your house. That's about how long it takes for airplanes to stop affecting you sleeping at night when you live under the flight path for the run way and can almost spit at the 747s coming into land. Only time a plane would wake me up or get my attention was when it sounded WRONG or was having engine troubles (twice in 11 years and one of those was a B52 bomber which sounds NOTHING like a commercial jet coming in for a landing before the Winnipeg Airshow) I'd guess the river would be a lot more soothing than sporadic plane noises. :lol:

Master Torturer
There are soothing sounds and then there are roars where you have to yell to be heard. I am sure you would have been bothered if your head was IN the engine, cause that was about how loud it was :lol:

High Lord of Imladris
Hahaha true enough, but it probably isn't that loud all the time or that will be the one side of those houses that's a bit better insulated/thicker to block out some of that roar. The last thing seems like a fairly British solution to it lol

Master Torturer
Well I would think it would be after every storm and that is one thing we have plenty of here :P They would have to have some kind of insulation of they would never be able to talk in their own front rooms lol, like living next to a waterfall.

New Soul
Winddancer: Really cool your finds! Amazing there is so much out there! *g*
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!