Hezār Afsān – a repository of NuPlaza RP posts

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
New Soul

Ashig AleskerYou must have
(Ethical code of behaviour and attitude for ashiks)

(translated by Eugene Felgenhauer)

Aşıq olub diyar-diyar gəzənin
Əzəl başdan pürkəmalı gərəkdi
Oturub durmaqda ədəbin bilə
Mə'rifət elmində dolu gərəkti

(…)

Danışdığı sözün qiymətin bilə
Kəlməsindən ləl'i-gövhər tokülə

(…)

Doğru qəlbi, doğru yolu gərəkdi

To be a bard and wander far from home
You knowledge and thinking head must have.
How you are to behave, you too must know,
Politeness, erudition you must have.

(…)

He should know the weight of his words.
He should be brilliant in speech,
(…)

True heart and word of honour you must have.

Hezār Afsān (Persian, lit. A Thousand Tales) got a very poetic name and introduction. Many times life, work and general adulting have limited the time I have to spend on the NuPlaza, and I noticed that I missed out on some brilliant storytelling. That is a shame because so many people here are so talented and creative and their hard work deserves to be appreciated, read and praised. Sometimes I stumble onto those stories myself (the creation of character archives in the CoLP was a tremendous help in that mission), other times people poke me and ask if I’d read something… Additionally, the tribute thread is also a wonderful source for this…

Hezār Afsān is a thread that can be used in a myriad of ways: a repository of links to various RP stories and plots that the brilliant creators of NuPlaza wrote and planted throughout the site itself. They worked so hard on those posts, they simply deserve to be appreciated. Anyone can link to anyone’s work (including your own). See a good story you think more people should read? Link it here! You think this is one of the best things you wrote at the present time and you want people to read it? Link it here! Want to use this thread as a personal archive for your characters, but you kind of don’t feel the need or simply don’t wish to open one? Put the list here. Why not, be creative! After all, it is a thread about a thousand tales…

Let us all enjoy exquisitely told tales, even if we didn’t have the time to read the post when it was published. Feel free to comment on anything and everything, just be nice and follow the NuPlaza guidelines. :winkkiss: I’ll leave you with a somewhat free translation of āyat an-nūr Q24:35 taken from the Khorasan Archives series by Ausma Zehanat Khan that served as an inspiration for the purpose of this thread.

“Like a niche that holds a lamp, the lamp within glass, the glass as if it were a pearlescent star lit from the oil of a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light!”
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
*a placeholder post for future links and things*
She/her.

Balrog
For sheer hilarious typos, I humbly submit this encounter with an oliphaunt. Can you find the typo?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
Call of Cthulhu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:43 pm For sheer hilarious typos, I humbly submit this encounter with an oliphaunt. Can you find the typo?
Uhhhh that it's a link to your profile and not a post about olipha(u)nts? :lol:

Balrog
pretty sure there's some available meta commentary on that, typo of a typo (typoception?)
let's try and yank this one free shall we?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
I'm catching up on a lot of posts these days :embarrassed: but I wanted to shine a spotlight on one collaboration that recently finished (I still have a post or two to catch up with). It grew very organically in the Cavalry Courtyard II thread and both @Lailyn & @Amadhrill handled the sensitive matter of PTSD with so thought and care taking into account the historical period that this is happening! :smooch: I am truly amazed by both of their skills as writers and RPers and would encourage you to read this.

I'd like to highlight these two posts, that start this, but in all honesty, all of the posts are excellent! Lail's post & Ama's post

In addition, another organic colab that I need to catch up, this time in the Houses of Healing II between @Amadhrill & @Pele Alarion! It starts with Ama at the Reception and continues after Pele's response in the same thread, and from what I've managed to skim through it looks like another amazing thing to read! :smooch:

That's all for tonight from me :winkkiss:
She/her.

Esquire of The Mark
Thank you, @Nessa Saelind! It gives me so much joy to see that what I write mainly for my own entertainment while trying to do my co-writers justise also give other people enjoyment. :smooch:

One writer I would like to highlight here is @Aodh Hammerhelm, pretty much everything he writes is a joy to read! Especially the stories he write with @Eléowyn! I started to search for some of their work, then I got lost in Rohans Life in the Mark thread which also contains stories by such talents as @Eldrith and @Allacan and many others so since I can't remember how to put in links: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=617

Also, seeing Ayāt an-Nur in English translation reminds me of when I studied Arabic and we had to memorize poems and parts of the Qurān. I hadn't thought about that passage for 15 years :lol: Still, a wonderful piece of poetry!
Hælend of Meduseld

Chieftain of The Mark
@Amadhrill

Your praise is always highly valued, freond. And in truth, as you've mentioned, I need others to nudge Aodh and his NPC companions on. @Eléowyn is my muse, but you too have helped develop characters like Ælfred, Ringbold and Sheemie. Thankee-sai, Sai
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -