Here and There - Fuins Personal Art and Writing

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
High Lord of Imladris
So I have my Tattoo sketchbook but honestly that's a very drastic difference from art that I do for myself as well as any writing that I do for myself.

First thing I'm going to be sharing is my new DnD character that I have decided has been officially rejected (as well as myself as a whole since I gave two characters) from only local DnD 5e table. Little sad about that, but I figure come the end of Covid, I will be looking seeing if anyone else wants to play and I guess DMing myself. Probably Pathfinder because I know Pathfinder compared to DnD.
Anyways this is my Tiefling girl
Her name is Adonis, but I've decided she goes by
Dusk.

High Lord of Imladris
Okay so next piece of art is the second piece I did of Adonis/Dusk (I don't feel bead reposting this art because this thread was so short and honestly I have the links easily at hand so that makes life easy)

This is her doing her thing, I mentioned with those big hoops she'd have to take them off in a fight so that's something I illustrated here if you look at her belt her earrings are there instead of in her ears.
Just a little hex coming up

High Lord of Imladris
So time for some writing! This is some older fanfiction that I wrote forever ago based in the Firefly/Serentiy Universe - it was also written while listening to Through the Glass by Stone Sour... Though the first chapter which I'm sharing now is the only one that really is inspired by the song at this point.

I have of course used another random saying in Russian as we can't have them being identical though I make no promises my Russian is any good... it's a basic google translate.

She was staring out at the world. It had been so long since she had been allowed outside of this cell. Flashes of memories that she knew were not hers blinded her as scientists bustled about her. She had been forgotten for many long months but now... Now they were interested in her. She didn't know why, she wasn't even sure if she was still alive. She knew she wasn't a girl. She had forgotten how to be a girl. She was what these men made her. What had they made her? Had she had a home?

No she did. But it was in her head. She knew that home well, and now they were tampering with her home and she hated them for it. Her home was in her head not out in the world though all she could see of the world was the cold sterile world of the scientist’s laboratory just outside her glass cage.

She pressed her hands up hard on the glass that separated her from them, as one came close to look at her she cocked her head to the side, they were going to put her to sleep. She could read that they were going to do it and she wanted to crush him for putting her to sleep so they could stick needles in her brain and make her see things that were not hers. She wanted to see the stars again; it had been so long since she had seen the stars they were pretty even though they were great burning destroyers. The man started to collapse as she imagined a great star burning inside his brain, he was smart his brain was firing as often as a star was fusing atoms so it was easy to imagine. He grabbed his head though and backed away as she stared intently her head moving slightly looking at him curiously.

"Put her to sleep put her to sleep!"
"Nozh ubezhal s vilkoy!"

She dropped with a heavy thud, the scientists outside the cell looked in at her. "River Tam she is not. But she will do." They said as another went to retrieve her so they could run more experiments on her now that she was asleep and could not kill them at least not until she woke up and was back behind the glass in her cell. They had to make sure that she would be ready to face River Tam and make sure to silence her before any more of their secrets were revealed to the worlds.

High Lord of Imladris
So I honestly stopped to take this photo on the way to my parents house for supper. I manage to SORT of capture one of the two sundogs (the sun glared too much when it was centered and both where in the shot) but even then it's still dull compared to what it was in person considering the sun was down less than 15 minutes later. Sundogs mean three more days of cold, and we certainly had that! Tuesday was day 4 and it was the first time in about 2 weeks it was warmer than -20 (and generally hovering around -30C without the windchill). We're sadly going back into the deep freeze it seems though by this saturday we're going to be back to that -30 again for another few weeks.

High Lord of Imladris
So @Romeran you had mentioned wanting to see some of my painted minis so here are two of my first painted minis froma few years ago that I took photos of the other day.

One is my own character (the tiny psuedodragon) that happened to be name 'Get Back Here You Little Bastard' which is a tiny miniature while the other is one of my former IRL table players minis

They played a Dragonborn ended up getting a wish from a world tree to turn them into a full dragon there name was not actually Big Sister though. This particular dragon mini has red, yellow, orange and white UV reactive paints on it on top of the metallic paints for its scale and wing highlights. I sadly couldn't find my UV light yet but this gives a pretty good shot of both of these. The next mini I am working on is Drakath
Little Bastard and Big Sister
Sereg a Dîn

Istari Sage
Thanks for tagging me in this! What an awesome pair of dragons! I really love the webbing of the wings and the chest, really nice bright color helps break up the dark dragon scales. I'd love to see that UV light paint, it's not something I'm familiar with at all. I've painted almost exclusively little men (and women) in various arms and armor (e.g. 40k and Age of Sigmar among a few others) but I've never really tried my hand at a monster. I'm working on Mollog who's like a troll model which will be my first foray into painting models like this.

Also I freaking love that first picture in the OP, love the color on the horns!

High Lord of Imladris
@Romeran Thanks! I am hoping I can find the UV light soon if I do I'll post another of it lit up for you. I do have character ones that I am working on... I also had a metal cast kitsune that I'd painted and I have a dozen wizkids minis to paint as well but really haven't started on those yet. I'm glad you love the first picture of Dusk, unfortunately she's dead. well Dead for me... I talked the DM into possibly using her as a BBEG later in the game since the the rest of the table left her to die when she was a distraction for most of them to get out of the way (they yanked everyone but her out, and then left her in there for 3 rounds as they watched her go down) That said this was her color portrait version of the line art that I have up for the other players to see while we were playing.

Dusk Colour

Sadly I didn't get the pink to yellow tone in her skin the way I wanted it in this but I had at the time about an hour to get it coloured before the game or he'd find some pink looking tiefling and that just would not stand.

I now have a tabaxi snow leopard monk now that is kicking ass and taking names (and out damaging/soaking our official tank while wearing no armor.)
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
So Here are a few photos I took this winter so far of the birds on my acreage, these are all right outside my bedroom window sadly I've now gotten enough snow the struggle to get to the feeders is real so now I am just tossing seed on the snow banks outside my back door because.... I'm not scaling a 6 foot snow bank to wade through 3 feet of snow to get to the feeders.
Blue Jay

Pine Grosbeak (male)
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
As I said Dusk died horribly. However I finally have finished my first piece of art for my new tabaxi Monk/Druid Skathi Silverpaw. She absolutely takes names and lives of anything that gets to near her in a violent manner. Which isn't bad considering she's only level 3. (she did get a new level and finally has access to her ki points... which my DM is terrified of.
Skathi Silverpaw - DnD Monk
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
So I have been busy I saw a new type of bird for the first time in my yard and annoyingly I couldn't get a good photo of them (I'll try again tomorrow) but I got to see... Dark eyed Juncos they are the black and white variety (very striking and beautiful but today there was no chance of getting a good shot thanks to the rain)

However it cleared up tonight and I got these fantastic shots on my phone. (I have a few more but these are two of my favourites that I have online so far)

This is looking down into the valley from near my house... pointed northwest

Same vantage point but this is looking down at the town where I work. (That bright cluster of lights)

This is a bit further down the road and I pointed the camera more towards my parents farm which is west vs North where the town is
Sereg a Dîn

Guardian of the Golden Wood
@Fuin Elda I am so jealous! I am going to come visit you one day. I have always wanted to see the northern lights. Early in the pandemic I found a live stream from somewhere called Churchill in Canada, and everyday I see what is happening in the night sky near you.
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

High Lord of Imladris
@Chrysophylax Dives So Churchill is still quite a ways further north than I am! That's the far north of my province I'm just short of being considered 'NORTHERN' Manitoba that was cut off with Covid from southern Manitoba with an absolute no travel back and forth lock down. We don't always have the Northern lights here (we've had a few fantastic nights recently) but fairly often if there are flairs we def see them. Where I am because it's so dark though... Ohhh the stars are fantastic and when you can see the Milkyway it's... it's just awe inspiring probably why I wanted to be an astrophysicist and work for NASA as a kid.
Sereg a Dîn

Khazad Elder
Aurora Borealis
The icy sky at night
Paddles cut the water
In a long and hurried flight
From the white man to the fields of green
And the homeland we've never seen
- Neil Young

Awesome, Fuin! I have only seen the northern lights once. And it was quite a rare occurrence. You are lucky to be able to see them, if not often.

Skathi Silverpaw is fantastic! :thumbs:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks Drifa! I've seen them a few times this year not nearly as much as Churchill gets them but that's a few hundred miles further north from me lol. Glad you like Skathi unfortunately Skathi is now in limbo as well due to the DM being too taxed running two games a week and participating in one. (he now is participating in two and running one) but Skathi may show up again... Who knows. Depends on what happens to my current character (I got invited to said DM's MAIN game so I have a wee owlin in that game that I still need to illustrate at some point. For now though some of my older art that I haven't shared on here...
The Horned God
Done with Copic markers on Smooth Bristol (the signature at the bottom was added digitally)
Sereg a Dîn

Melkor
Melkor
That's quite a horn, or are there two horns? Very nice artwork for the horned god as I can make several possible inferences to their personality. I wonder if the horned god could attach several taut strings in the horn and play a fine tune. Reminds me of a tiny harp.

High Lord of Imladris
Hahaha that would be quite funny Rivvy! there are two horns there they are symmetrical so a bit hard to see unless you are looking closely (you can see neck between the longest prongs) And honestly I don't know if HE would play the tune or get his bird companions to play it for him and make him a Disney Princess lol

Anways I forgot about this monstrosity that I'd drawn... I'm actually quite sad that we no longer have TWO of these party members (the characters have been retired and new ones have been brought in including a Drow elf called Stiv Urvin who's reaction on seeing my character was to go "CRIKEY THAT"S A BEAUT OF AN OWLIN LOOK AT HOW CLEAN AND WELL PREENED HER FEATHERS ARE MATE. THAT'S WHAT GIVES HER EVEN GREATER STEALTH..." So Carolas our Tiefling Paladin is gone (much sad I was learning Infernal from him and Klaive MAY Have had a crush on him) And Nesta her fellow Artificer. Klaive may have tried to stop Carolas from going IC even if I knew he was leaving as a player asking who was gonna protect me from HEAD PATS from the exCleric now Warlock pervert. I may have gotten a belt of Fire giant strength from him and went from 8 strength to 25 strength and beat the snot out of the Warlock multiple times including throwing him off the boat and telling the Captain I'd pay him more to leave him in the water than what he was paying to drag him back to wherever it was we were going after Elmwood.

ANYWAYS
the GINYU SAILOR SCOUT MISFITS (Our group name is The Misfits and the Bagpipes)

This is a quick sketch that I took a photo of eventually I will get it lined and coloured digitally.
Sereg a Dîn

Khazad Elder
I like the Horn Gods' cute little butt! :grin: He is very handsome, right down to his hoofed feet. Now that you mention the horns, you can see them side by side. Nice!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Knight of The Mark
I love the Horned God. Its butt made me think of a rabbit or a hare. He also made me think of folklore. Not sure if there are any creatures who look like that but there are stories with rabbits or hares.
Rohirrim at heart, always.

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks Drifa and Rior! I see what you mean Rior I'll admit the but I did more as the prefered furry art version as I sold prints of this at furry conventions. I think I have one copy of the prints left and the original

So was cleaning up my shops yard and found this guy!
The Prince?
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
WELL it's time for some new art. I've done a number of pieces since I'd stopped posting in here but I think this is a good place to start
Wolf

Watercolor, acrylic, gold leaf, liquid silverleaf
Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
Fuin: Oh hi! Nice shots about the lights in the sky though it is some time ago. A bit of a wild garden and you'll find all sorts of nice surprises that nature can give you. Don't tidy it too much or your guest leaves. It is cutie, it is camouflaged pretty well. Nice watercolour about the wolf. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Arien
Arien
Welcome back Fuin, lovely to see you again! What a stunning piece: I love the contrast and how the white wolf seems to glow against the deep blue, and your use of mixed media is really clever and gives it some amazing texture and depth. It feels like quite a wintry piece with the dark leaves and berries as well.
cave anserem

Guardian of the Golden Wood
I love this too, Fuin.
Take care of yourself my friend. We are like ships that pass in the might.
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

High Lord of Imladris
Aiks: Thanks! Honestly I quite enjoy it and the bit of wildness to it in terms of the garden look! I will admit it is very much created using my yard and garden (where I've all manner of wild beasts wandering through) as a reference.

Sil: It very much is and honestly I'm very happy with how well the digitalized version of it showed the texturing from the mixed media I was quite concerned it would not!

Chrys: Indeed we are it seems!

So... In the past year I will admit that a ridiculous number of pieces I've drawn are not Plaza friendly by any means which means sadly I do not have a lot of pieces that I can share from last year.with most falling solidly into the 'adult' category. THAT said this is a 'morale patch' I designed for a group of friends that I've made for the newest fandom that I will admit having absolute brainrot about as we have all taken to calling it. This piece has actually been made into true Morale patches as well and we wear them on our Cosplays when we go to cons especially as a group.
Seige

Digital copy of Embroidered Patch design
Sereg a Dîn