NuNANOWRIMO 2021

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
High Lord of Imladris
NuNANOWRIMO 2021

It is almost that time of the year again, when those of us that have no sense of self preservation attempt to write 50K in the month of November generally fueled by one or a combination of the following: Sleep Deprivation, caffiene, sugar, Dopamine Attention Variability Executive-Dysfunction (fredegar dammit D.A.V.E...), masochistic tendancies, peer pressure.

This year I will be in charge of the insanity that is the NuPlaza National Novel Writing Month Thread which I have mostly stolen entirely from @Taethowen's original post because sometimes I do be lazy like that.

What is NaNoWriMo?
National Novel Writing Month is a 30 day literary challenge to write 50,000 words between 12 am Nov 1 (local time) and 11:59 pm Nov 30 (local time). This is a personal challenge, not a contest. There is no 'prize' for winning other than personal satisfaction (although NaNo usually has some pretty sweet sponsors who offer wonderful discounts and freebies for both NaNo participants and NaNo winners, which is one excellent reason to sign up to officially participate on their website.)

How is this going to work?
We currently have the Plaza Writers Discord that is set up if you need an invite please feel free to ask and I will get you an invite as quickly as I can if you aren't already in there.
You are welcome to participate in any or all of the locations: Here, on the Nanowrimo site, or you are welcome to join the Plaza challenge on Pacemaker.
People are welcome to put small (SFW) blurbs in here daily, or ask for help if they get stuck in writers block.
Fuin will be putting up writers prompts which may or may not be helpful to you in an attempt to keep those writing juices flowing - you are welcome to use them or ignore them as you see fit. They MAY not be in line with your plot/era/timeline but that could make it even funnier... one time there were llamas in ancient Rome due to Nanoprompts.

How to Participate in official NANOWRIMO
1. Sign up or sign in on the NaNoWriMo site.
2. Create your project.
3. Post in this thread! Here's a handy form that is completely optional:

NaNo Username/Profile Link:
Discord Username* (including the numbers) (optional):
Have you done and/or won NaNo before or is this your first time?
Are you a plotter (outlining ftw!) or a pantser (no plan, just winging it)?
If you know what your 2021 project is going to be, tell us a bit about it!

4. If you want to track your progress against the whole group with a handy graph, create a free plan and join the challenge NuNaNoWRIMO:The Typed Towers This is also optional. Your own personal goals do not need to match NaNoWrimo - you are welcome to set your own goals and if you add your project to the challenge the Plaza Challenge is dynamic so will adjust for your goal not just 50K words in a month if that sort of masochism is not your particular brand.