Aikári's Little Corner

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
New Soul
Hello Plazanites,

What can I say? My last introduction vanished into oblivion and I can't recall what I posted precise. Another try to get this small corner running, but this time I'll link what I got to Rivvy's place. Most of my stuff is uploaded there and accessible to read. And call me around here Aiks or Aikári. All notifications are disabled. So I won't bombarded with any messages. Image

Text found!

Hello everyone! :hammer: (I liked this one always :googly: )

As there are no fields to upload any sort of information, I'll be doing it this way. For those who never got a chance to get to know me, I am Aikári Salmarinian, over 45 years old and I live still in Dordrecht. About 300 x 200 km, Holland lays in the northwest corner of European mainland. The summer of '21 reminds me to the Scandinavian storms, as well the cool temperatures are much like Island this time. It is with second thoughts, or rather changed ones, that I decided after a supportive talk with a fabulous Plaza member (you know who you are), that I made an account. This community I joined originally on 24 June 2004, 12:24:03 PM, under my member ID 60969. Like most of you I have a long history around here, with some gaps because RL demanded some attention. And also a reward now and then.

After years of playing my main character until the overhaul and after with mainly my mastersmith, I used to dwell in the Cottage for a fair numbers of years. With the Plaza switch to a new format, I made it to Moderator of Wilderland for a good year. That ended by april 2020 and hasn't sadly come back. I don't think I will be part of any Middle-Earth area this time, and just stay a New Soul in that sense. I remember there were many others in the deep past who had great joy with that.

This is my first more formal greeting. I will be sharing here little snipsnaps, such as some simple gossip, a poem now and then and photos. My Little Corner for everything together. For my more serious work you can visit Rivvy's Forum. Who likes a chat? Find me on Discord or otherwise sent an email. Most of you know mine.

Discord Contact: Aikári Salmarinian #2180.
Add me personally as friend, I am not active on the connected server.

I have been missing you all. Image

~ Aikári Salmarinian

NB: Odd the BB code for other fonts types is not working. [font="Arial"]Hello[/font] Works in other places.

All of my own stuff:
My poetry from April 2018 onwards. >> Here!<<
My essays from April 2018 onwards. >>Other work<<
An idea about my musical love. >>My sounds<<

Story materials:
All posted in Destiny's Way once, GM Aigronding. >> Here!<<
Story about Anakin and Padmé, >>Freedom of the Force<<
Story about a Zuguruk Prince from Dromund System. >>Bereft of Everything<<

Tale about our world in the past, about 7000 years ago, in H5100. >>Haranech<<
Tale about our world in the future, 20.000 years ahead, in H32.021. >>Choices<<

My list of characters, major and minor:

1. Aikári Salmarinian, Minya maiden from Tirion in Valinor. Played between 2004 - 2009 on the Plaza before the overhaul. >>Here<<
2. Her brother Aikanáto Salmarinion, commander of the Valinorean Defence Force (Fleet of ships).
3. Various indirect family members of the House Námorindúrë.
4. Master Quennar Tarcelmë: Of Valinorean Noldorin origin, former part of Finarfin's people. Sailed with the fleet to Beleriand, survived the sinking, and joined years later the Danas and went to live in Aegliraind, an elvencity hidden on the seaside mountains of Minhiriath. He is both Mastersmith as Loremaster and has written more than twenty works. Here is all posted upon Valinor, from Aigronding's Destiny Ways >>Here<<
5. Nyarámo, half of a twin, born and raised in Gondolin. He survives the city and ends up dwelling in the very north of Middle Earth. >>Gondolin Story<< and >>=Forochel<<
6. Nyaránë twinsister, played by Aranadhel. She has made various adventures and met with even more people, under his tutelage. Traces of her are found around Rivvy's forum.
7. Leidan Aznawar from the Azumenúkhad Tribe. All work found >>Plains of Khand<<
8. Idhwen, a Imladris maiden, original created by Janowyn, but given to me to play once. Janowyn passed sadly away on 28 May 2018. Little memory thread about her. ..
>>Janowyn<<
9. Silinde Nagashan, swanknight from Dol Amroth. Only played on the Plaza
10. Utchuk, my favourite Orc, from Forodwaith. He got manners and is pretty intelligent, and goes sometimes disguised as human. Played on the Plaza as well Rivvy's.
>>Outlay Utchuk<<
11. Grasgnur, Mordor Orc, deadcarrier in Mordor. Only played on the Plaza.
12. Hobbit maiden Nora Shortbranch. Spirited girl who loves Hortensias. Played her on Rivvy's place.

I have a wide variety of stories around Dependent. But since the loss of the old site, I haven't uploaded online anymore. Same counts for a finished personal telling from Legolas Thranduilion. And the seven schoolyears seen through Lord Draco Malfoy's eyes. If there is wish of reading them, let me know. I have to stuck some work in it then to upload them once more, as it's a lot of data.

~ Aikári Salmarinian

PS. It's a strain that this site doesn't work with pop-ups, in which you add an internet link and then upload for example. And where is the use of different font styles?
Last edited by Aikári Salmarinian on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:33 am, edited 10 times in total.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notifications are turned off.

New Soul
Sunday, 5 September 2021.

A day of contrasts for sure. Such as the sun playing abundantly outside, while the quiet is disturbed by loud talking neighbours and you can understand every word they say. Where is the privacy, you would ask yourself? Admitting the illusion of privacy is the ivy wall our gardens separate. But largely it is perhaps five meters of difference in space? It's feels like sitting on a terrace, where a large plants give space between your unknown neighbours. And still you can enjoy the conversation and puzzle out what kind of lives they have. A pair of earplugs is a nice sound muter. But.... I would not hear the wind in the branches of my birch-tree or my magnolia in the back-garden. Nor I would hear the dogs barking two doors further away, or the quacking ducks in the pond my yard borders at. You would bang your head against a wall. :brickwall:

A dove sits on the roof calling out. No wonder really, I think it's the couple that occupied our cherry-tree in the spring for two years now. Maybe these are such fine days another try could happen, to raise a second nest of young. Five days ago I found a rough nest and a broken egg on the ground, that had blown out the tree by a storm. Both parents were hopping around then. For concepts in the neighbourhood our garden is quite large, but in reality it's just a stamp. From the metal sound on stone, I know they are having lunch. But I am not looking through the upstairs window what they are exactly eating. I have no interest in that. You can only wish silently a good appetite to them.

So comes the outdoors world inside when the garden door of the living room is open. Fresh air comes in by a soft breeze. And the general temperature is not wrong today by 22C at the moment, around 2pm. This is what a late summer afternoon on Sunday is, enjoying an abundant week of steady weather, quite unexpectedly, after a whole month of rain. But as the storm season has begun on the other side of the Atlantic pond, the last three weeks of September are promised full of ocean depressions coming to Europe. And when that's passed by, it's good as October. Anyway, time to sit for a few hours in the garden, and enjoy the sounds of the city. :mwahaha:

XXX :smooch: .

Aikári

New Soul
Tuesday, 07 September 2021

(Utopia's dream)

Thoughts fly through my mind
It's for sure I am lost for always
No goodbyes are left to give
As the days pass anonymously by.

An itch that never shall vanish
But has to be repressed deep down
Breaking all rules would be fun
Living in total freedom for all.

Never to break a sweat you say
Learn to perceive and let go
Stay strong even defeated
You're the winner after all.

Little something that played floated in my mind and just penned down in five minutes. English poems are never in rhyme with me. Naturally it's not my first language, that fluent feeling I don't have, and probably will never develop either. Searching through all forums let the name Lady A float by sometimes. And I found a reverence to a grandmaster... that could have been my loremaster Quennar. :googly:

After a good breakfast I am consuming a small bowl with blueberries. Just the berries and nothing else added. And they are just deliciously sweet. Further the promise of another real nice day, with temps deep in the twenties. Bit late in the summer and early autumn, but well after all those weeks of high tens and early twenties, and mounts of rain, this is nice weather now. Next week the storm season begins. Umbella weather... :mwahaha:

Choices is updated further, so read the tale through the link in the OP, if you're interested.

I guess I will enjoy greatly today in a nice summer outfit!

~ Aikári

New Soul
Friday, 10 September 2021.

About the last of seven beautiful days filled with abundant sunshine, this about the last entry to say and share something on this subject. I have the backdoor open at 10am to enjoy the happy signing sparrows and greattits in the Magnolia, Birch and Lilac (all trees). Another quiet after summerday, and dressed in summerly fashion off course. Today it's possible still. Tomorrow, it's different. About raindrops isn't much to share. Except perhaps when there are fishes swimming in the living room.... :googly:

I guess over the last five years I developed a liking for pure drama. The less merit there is, more fun I find in that. Might be my age as I am just over 45 years now, and perspectives are not when I was 28 and a complete newbie to lotr and roleplay combined. I have years too behind me with potter and roleplay, but that has ended as well. Ultimately I found Potter's nemesis a far more interesting character, because of his complete inheritance and the conflicts internal and external flowing from that. Not everyone inherites an estate with responsibilities. Again reading the stories of Tolkien, it became pretty evident to me that the writer really struggled with the elven character of the Nine Companions. All others do have lively conversations, but the elf was not given that. I had great fun to allow Legolas telling about his adventures than putting in the he/she context.

Here and there I am reading through roleplays going on, but little cozy parties aren't my cup of tea. I love characters with a set of values and norms which are going against what's normally expected in a certain period of time. They have access to depth of emotion and thought, complacent characters like Aikári not really have. She ranged always on the good side of the spectrum, bathed in Valinor's light, optimistic. But she was retired twelve years ago, due to backwards time scaling to TA3014. She was not around in Middle Earth in those years, storywise. Quennar was my other major character who stayed for always in Middle Earth, and became my main character in place. He was introduced to art of blacksmith by Celebrimbor, and reached mastery of the old arts well in life. He lived in Aegliraind, in the southern Ered Luin.

Further down the line isn't much to share about characters I played for a major period of time. Instead I put up a thread about the sounds that speak to me. A link is added in the OP. Two days ago I wandered in the apocalyptic song of "In the Year 2525" and it keeps playing over and over in my head. :grin: These are songs I grew up with in seventies and eighties. It's something from the youth of my parents. But younger than fifteen I hadn't much say in what I had to listen to. With a lot of swinging and dancing and motivation I was taught to understand what my folks loved about it. And strangely they call up the same level of emotion in me as back then did to them. Odd as it is. :shrug:

~ Aikári

New Soul
Sunday, 12 september 2021

Another day and one full of drag, nothing exciting really. Sniffing through some threads mades me conscious I hadn't uploaded any new photo material at all, and it was even a quite nice summer. So here are some pictures to share. It's quite nice still today with 21C outside and bits of sunshine.

Further I have to admit I was quite wrong about having inspiration for writing in the world of Tolkien, about the elves, or others. But at the same time I am bit rusty with the detailing in my posts. It's getting back into it, with a map at the ready where all is located and lots of fantasy what surroundings could look like. At last at least Nyarámo had escaped Gondolin, and sets out in the wilds, where his future will end up as well, being an adventurer in the most northern oceans of Ekkaia. He becomes my wilderness elf. :lol: I have my hours of fun, between the chores waiting.

Cheers,

Aikári

New Soul
Monday 13 september 2021

I have done today accessive writing upon Beleriand and happening where it got stuck from April 2018 in Aigronding's Arda project. My musings got a real knack over that period, but now three years later I have found a spark again, couple of days ago. And it's more than a nice burning flame. More like a roaring fire. :rage: Nyarámo is a sense an unruling person in his youth, just doing what he wants and not listening at all. He escaped finally Gondolin and leaves with that also a civilised life behind, to which he never returns. By FA508 the whole west is overrun by Orcs, and the three Teleri coastal towns destroyed. So he turns south and ends for a time in the lands of Ossiriand. He acquires in his own way a horse, calls him Sirion and gains a friend as long the horse lives. As it's a normal horse, it won't live younger than about thirty years at the most.

Tolkien Wiki was most helpful with filling in the details I missed or had forgotten. And I got a library on maps myself. By now it's past 10pm and time to round off a bit and going to bed.I had good fun today and it was worth writing. It was good for 3000 words, spread over three posts. And with that I am closing off with hammer. :hammer:

Over real life I won't be telling, that's private.

Goodnight all!

New Soul
Tuesday 14 september 2021

Come to the world of eternal ice. Because frozen in that world stands one thing for sure. Twenty years ago the world looks really different. Bright the new millennium was before us, and a small group of people put an idea together, and began writing codes and put so our future together, that was about to change. A little sum during last night in the early hours made me realise, though I was not part of it myself rightaway, Eru's fire is still burning. Our own Mereth Nuin Gilith is upon is. Two decades, it's a fifth of a century and an entire generation. I wrote in the morning an essay about it. I think not many of you have thought of this. It hasn't risen yet in any subject yet here. But these I got already for some pre-celebration:

A pain for sure we are facing with this. But I feel we can't let this go unnoticed. The celebration of our 10th Jubilee I don't remember in Jan 2012. But surely there must have been something. Anyhow, this sum moved through my mind, and after that I went back to sleep with a smile on my face. A spark got to start somewhere. And maybe we have our Mereth Nuin Gilith under the stars in Jan '22?

~ Aikári Image

PS: This was also my 20th post on here.

New Soul
Friday 17 september 2021

I have finally most of my smilies online again. About two years ago Photobucket gave up on me, as they wanted by policy changes no longer normal users. So I had to look out for some other host where I could upload my pictures, smilies and banners, to hotlink them someplace else. It has been a pain to find a site, but via IGMBB I find a new home which I can access via a google account. It has been working quite user friendly and without much problems really. Image

I can't tell why precise, but I got a liking for these style of smilies. Image Most are pretty funny as well, as they got sometimes no context at all. I am just posting now randomly, and won't be supporting any feelings. I am suffering finally from a nice cold, soar throat, running nose etc. Fortnight and it's all gone again. After Monday I didn't much writing later this week, and you might have observed this. I had other matters on my mind. Life is alas not all about writing adventures.

I can blush a bit now lol.

Aikári

New Soul
Saturday, 18 September 2021

We are over the half of the month, incredible how fast time flies. Another series of nice sunny days at least to enjoy with moderate temperatures that a jacket is not really needed during the day. But after the weekend it will go below 20C and autumn will be catching up quickly then. I am wondering if we will be getting a nice winter as well. I have added a few more new sounds to my listening thread. What always keeps speaking to me is the leaving song of the elves, that is broken off in the movies sadly. But a full version is online. And the one about the Lonely Mountain was sung with power that makes it complete in hearing. But other versions might roll out nice to listen. That depends on taste.

If there is music terrible to hear, it's sung in general Dutch. It's so articificial, I can't listen to it. Spoken language is at length so different than what officially written. It's like two different languages and one doesn't understand the other, and in reverse. Foreign languages are better, but I can't tell why. Image

Further I rolled across Drifa's excitement she got the drawings of Mr. Tolkien. And that made me remember my dad got a book stashed somewhere bought long ago. I know for a Tolkien fan it's a dream to own a copy of those. Image

Short post, but no matter. Nothing very exciting to tell either.

Aikári