Newbies & Introductions

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Black Númenórean
Welcome back @Quill, we missed you!!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
@Quill , I must have forgot that I changed my username while you were gone :lol: ! Tharmáras Isilherven was one of my major NPCs for many years in Lindon but now he's become my main Plaza Character. Aigronding Mordagnir is still my major NPC :wink: . You can reply to the last post I made for you here https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 667#p13667 and I'll take us to Telkelion's group inside the cave after your reply. I'm stoked you're back, old friend :smooch: !
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Apprentice
Hey, all!

I joined years ago and forgot all about this place. I’m glad I remembered during my current Tolkien!geekiness phase. This time I hope it’s not just a phase, but a big hobby again! Other than that, I’m 30, a girl—- despite my username (I sound like I should be boating on the Brandywine River)—-, I love older PC games like the original Neverwinter Nights,and I love elves more than hobbits(there’s that name thing again.....l).

Can’t wait to meet you all!

-Perhin

Black Númenórean
Welcome to all who've recently found their way here - it's wonderful to see you all!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Master Torturer
Welcome back!! :D

Arien
Arien
Welcome back everyone!
Hi @Vinyatur this is Sil
cave anserem

Easterling
Hi Sil, I found a way in :-) @Goostradamus

Galadhrim Bowmaster
Well I am thrilled to see this place up and running again, so here I am ^^. I joined here originally as Redleaf some years ago and it was someone here who helped me change my name to Carnelasse, the elvish for redleaf. I am so happy to be back again ^^

Black Númenórean
@Vinyatur I think I already got you in the Mordor OOC but welcome back again :lol:

@Carnelasse welcome back!! This is a different version of the plaza completely so a few things are a little different. If you ever want to change your name again for instance, you'll have to ask in the name change requests thread in admin messages- but it also won't cost you any point to do so, and neither does changing kingdoms :grin:

Master Torturer
Welcome back @Carnelasse !! :D

Craftsman of Gondor
Hello. I guess I'm 're-back' again after the data crash. Guess I'm starting anew again.
Annalist, Physician, & Historian
of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
The Free Company of Arnor

Orc Chieftain
Welcome back! You may remember me as Lady Winchester, but I had my username changed back to my original one before the crash. I had to have an admin change it back again before the site came back up again (otherwise I would've still been known as Lady WInchester, since that was the username I had at the end of March). I also had to change the quote in my signature, since it didn't go with my current username (though my main character, Naelia, is always ready for a fight, being a minion). I also have a few lighter characters, like a wannabe Ranger named Talina (though I can't play her much in Gondor, since she's a third age character, and Gondor's set in the fourth age) and a troublesome Hobbit lass named Elanor Starsley that I signed up for a golf game in the Shire just before the site went down (I kind of hope someone brings that back). :smile:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Arien
Arien
@Nerys is it really you????? (this is Sil) Please join our discord at once
cave anserem

New Soul
Omg Sil :smooch: I didn't realise it was you underneath that elf. Ok, gonna need some details there, haven't seen anything about discord yet?

Balrog
https://discord.gg/QQfMc67W - I am doing this for the evuls, not to be helpful
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Your unhelpfulness is appreciated :winkkiss:

Farmer
!! Whaaaaaaat!!! I totally just realized this was baaack! I had been checking every few months for sooo long haha!! So excited! I think my last account was Kylestiall, I was Legolas for a time, Karthor.. and I think I was working on Landor stuff around the time the server crashed. Either way! So glad to of found this again and cant wait to get back at it! Thanks all! Missed ya!
Karue Sadyen - Elven Leatherwork | Marilyn Took - Hobbit Adorableness

Balrog
Welcome back!!! I didn't know you back then, but to match your enthuiasm.. AHHHHH! You're back!!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
Hi @Karue Sadyen!! It's great you found your way to the new site, welcome! hope to see you around!

P.S. welcome @Nerys I can't recall if I said hi on the old site or not so here you get one again - hi!!

Black Númenórean
Echoing the welcomes to those who've recently returned! Glad you found us!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Black Númenórean
Kylestiall, I remember that name! Welcome back!!

New Soul
Kylestial, a name that floats around my ears still. I remember you very well. You're an old member to this community.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Farmer
Thank you all! Feels great to be back and to see so many familiar names again :D
Karue Sadyen - Elven Leatherwork | Marilyn Took - Hobbit Adorableness

New Soul
Thanks @Lailyn! :winkkiss: I don't think I actually posted one before the old plaza crashed, but it's lovely to be back.

New Soul
Nerys: Weren't you Amarië once? If so, then you're an old member as well to the community, even you posted not much. That much I know. If not, sorry I asked.

Hobbit Child
Hi all great looking forum.
“I am in fact a Hobbit (in all but size). ”
-J.R.R Tolkien

High Lord of Imladris
Welcome! Glad you could join us!

New Soul
Welcome, little Hobbit! Enjoy browsing and jump right in!

Hobbit Child
Ty. I was torn between hobbit and ent, but I had to go with the pipe-smoking hobbits, too good to pass up.
-J.R.R Tolkien

High Lord of Imladris
Well the good news is you can change if you like back and forth if you're feeling adventurous!

I normally am an Imladris elf that goes by Fuin Elda but I figure once I get to my burning flower I'll stay at that again forever so am having my fun now.

New Soul
switching the kingdoms for fun is the best reason, I was Gondorian, Ent and whatnot...and now I am a Mordorian of sorts.
Have fun, little Hobbit...or maybe Ent one day

Arien
Arien
Welcome @bilbobaggins764 we’re in Hallowe’en mode so that’s why some of us are like, cats etc
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
Hi @bilbobaggins764, welcome! Great to have you and good to see you've been popping into some discussions already! If you have questions, let us know.

Hobbit Child
Thanks, everyone.
-J.R.R Tolkien

Arien
Arien
Welcome @Rollo the Red
cave anserem

Hobbit Child
Whoa, this is a kick in the nostalgia. It's been a long time. I hope I'm not too late for the party!

Hello! Eärioldor here, although I mainly went by my nickname Cheerio (which I believe was bestowed upon me by Lealnemarr). I first joined the plaza way back in early 2003 and was fairly active until about...2006-ish? I spent some time as a Hobbit and changed to Lothlorien at some point, and now I'm back to Hobbit, lol.

Unfortunately I don't recognize too many names in the thread. However, I did spend many, many, maaany nights hanging out in the old Hotel California chatroom (and on Melo...and then Xanga...and then LiveJournal), so I'm sure I've crossed paths with some of you before! I do remember some names from the old plaza (Leal, Fir, Sere, Laire, Nay, Livvy), but I'm not sure if any of them are here.

Anyway, it's great to see this place back up and running. I'll be sure to stick around!

New Soul
Cheerio then! Hello, nice you're back. I know Firerose Arien is somewhere around, but I don't know under which nickname she is hiding currently. Some have adapted temperory Halloween identities and others have chosen for just new ones. I came on in 2004 and never left really. But I took a year to decide to come on this place. I am hiding mostly in this section of the site. Have fun around looking. :winkkiss:

Ent Ancient
hi @Eärioldor aka Cheerio!! welcome, you're never too late to join in the fun and/or say hello! it's good to see you! I definitely remember your name and some of the others, too!

@Lealnemarr and @FireroseArien are here but I haven't seen them around in a while. I spent a good amount of time in HC too and was most active from 03 to 06...back then I was Lailindeiel, a Rider of Rohan, and was probably too silly for my own good.

Newborn of Imladris
Hello everyone! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this place while searching for a 2022 LOTR calendar!

High Lord of Imladris
Glad to have you with us Adulas! Have you found a lovely calendar for the coming year?

Master Torturer
Welcome @Adulas! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :D

Newborn of Imladris
Hello OHoney and Winddancer! Sadly, I've yet to find the calendar. It's been sold out so far.

When a role play thread says it's free, does that mean there's no requirements such as time period or subject matter for the telling of story?

Master Torturer
@Adulas Yes and no :P We stick to what the thread is about, unless it's like a general area, then stick to that area. Other than that, if it is in a kingdom, then stick to LOTR, if you want to do something non LOTR then you can write your story in Cottage of Lost Play forum, thats kind of a free for all for :D Oh and timeline doesnt matter unless the top post says it does :P

Ent Ancient
Hi @Adulas, welcome!! sorry you haven't had luck with that calendar... to add a little to what Windy said, there are at least a couple threads that allow crossover/alternate universe type stories. My best advice is to always read the Opening Post of every thread and if you have questions or are unsure of something, ask! Each kingdom has an OOC thread for discussion/questions about specific threads within a kingdom. And most important - have fun! Can't wait to see you joining in.

Ent Ancient
Also forgot, for any new members, there is a Plaza discord server. If you're interested in joining, let us know here and someone will get you an access link!

High Lord of Imladris
@Adulas as has been said mostly we stick to what the thread is about or the area we do have a few threads that allow for crossovers with the LOTR in the kingdoms themselves... the most expansive one of those is Arda: A World of Dreams which does not have a set timeline, or set location while allowing for crossovers (Still needs LOTR stuff obviously). The big thing to do really is read that top post in threads as has been mentioned they are a world of helpful in most cases.

Newborn of Imladris
Hello! I joined way back in 2005, and tried get back into it again years later only to find out about the crash. Wonderful to see that it's back - so much nostalgia! :D

Balrog
welcome back @Wayfarer! Glad you were able to find us again

Master Torturer
Welcome back! :D

Hobbit Child
Hi all! I am so happy to see this site again. I was first on it in the eight grade, and I am now 30! It was such a fufilling part of my life and am glad to be back. I was stoutheartedsam , not sure if anyone will remember me but I am just happy to be here =)