Newbies & Introductions

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Master Torturer

Hi everyone! I'm Eldy (formerly Eldorion). I just found my way here via the Facebook group and I am astounded at how much this looks like a 15-20 year old Web Wiz Forum. Thank you, Narv!

It's weird to think that it's been well over two years since I made my last post on the original Plaza and more than 13 since my first post. I'm pretty sure that was in Lore, probably telling someone they were wrong about something, but I like to think I'm a bit mellower now.

Chef
All hail Eldy, the first non-Narv and non-alpha-tester member of Plaza Jr, and with a good thread idea even

I am Narv and I was hanging around the old site doing nothing much useful for a very long time. I think my first post was some godawful spam in Mordor where I godmoded my way to 200 characters in a fight. I like to think I'm better now too, but the evidence is unclear.

Elven Enchanter
Hey guys, Dimcairien here. Just found my way here via the FaceBook group. Thanks for experimenting with this forum Narv!

I joined the plaza back in 2008 (can it honestly be that long ago?) and disappeared for a few years due to university demands, though I checked in every now and again as studies allowed. I'm very happy to see that there is an interest in reviving this wonderful community and I hope that we can get the word out to as many former plaza members as possible.

Snaga
Eldy, are you also formerly formerly known as EK or am I confusing you with someone with a similar sounding name?

Hi, I'm Uruva. After not having spoken for a couple years, Narv contacted me out of the blue with the crazy idea of getting the band back together and even though I probably don't fit into those lycra pants anymore, I thought it might be fun.

My first foray into the plaza was in the lore forums. I also did lots of drill, debate, ruled Mordor, and moderated a subforum that shall go unnamed.

Guardian of Imladris
Hi friends! I'm Quill and any variations thereof - I joined the Plaza, ummm, 17 years ago? At the tender age of 11? I was a Maia for the PFF (Nerdanel), Arwen Undomiel for Rivendell, and maybe something else I'm forgetting at some point, but I'm not sure. I obviously won't have the same amount of time to dedicate to RP now as I did then, but I'm really happy to see this community back and would love to reconnect with you all :)

Warrior of Imladris
Hello everyone. It is so good to be back and see so many familiar names. I was Lauzicles, then Laitaine Adarlas. With time, my knowledge of Sindarin has slightly improved so now I go by Laintaen. I first joined the Plaza back in October 2003, and kept returning after periods of inactivity.

New Soul
Great to see familar friends here! I'm Aigronding Mordagnir and joined the Plaza in 2005. I eventually became the leader of the Host of Rivendell, the Elrond ruler of Rivendell / Eriador, and the Ulmo admin for a brief while. I'm doing essential work and writing a series of fantasy books in RL but I still have time to devote to Middle-earth RP'ing here on the Plaza. Looking forward to being a threadrunner and GM again. Not sure what Kingdom I want to be in now currently. Maybe Rivendell, back to my roots. I'm overjoyed to return to the fun of the Plaza in these stressful days.

Esquire of The Mark
For any who might remember me, I'm Ta'leus! I was inseparable from Morwen and Arnyn for a good year or so in the 2015/2016 era, but before that I had intermittently been part of the Plaza on various accounts for nearly a decade. I want to say I first joined around 2005, going into middle school around age 11? Good lord the roleplays must have been terrible back then.

Master Torturer
Uruva wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:33 amEldy, are you also formerly formerly known as EK or am I confusing you with someone with a similar sounding name?
Yep, that's me! I was EK before anything else, notwithstanding the embarrassing original username it was an abbreviation of, and it stuck around as a nickname for a long time afterwards.

(In an entirely deliberate turn of events, my IRL initials have been EK since I changed my name to Ellie when I came out. :P)

Horse Trainer of The Mark
I am not a newbie....but huzzah for having to re-resister my account! I joined the Plaza way back in March of 2003 when I was a wee baby elf. Many years of glomping, posting and foo-ish behavior and I still have fond memories of all my Plaza friends!! I adore you all and am so excited to post with you all!

I'm still known as Leal more than my usual IRL nickname.

Newborn of Imladris
Hello! Servy here - I found my way back from the Facebook group.

From the time I joined (18?) years ago, I spent nearly all my time in Imladris. I think the only thing I helped manage was the Library, but I remember collaborating on lots of projects! I’m super excited to reconnect- I actually just picked up some old books on a trip to my parents so I could have physical copies to reread again!

Hobbit Child
Hi everyone! Narv, you rule.
I am an old lady and can’t remember exactly when I first joined! 😝 Always been a hobbit, and was lucky enough to be Samwise for awhile. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Arien
Arien
I’m Sil, apparently who Narv thinks of when he wants something “tested to destruction”. I used to change my name quite a lot but was fairly reliably known as Sil.

I ruled Mordor and adminned Old Plaza a bit but the highlight of my career was as Mordor’s Junior Drill Captain :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

New Soul
Hello! My username might not be familiar because I joined only...9 or 10 years ago? It feels strange typing that. Still, I'm so glad to see this forum. This is such an intense throwback. I'm feeling all the feels.

Wise Ent
So. Many. Familiar. Names!

Hi all! I started as MeaghanB then changed to Flame Fried Ent cause a friend said something and I ran with it. I was Treebeard, Ruler of Fangorn and Destroyer of Forests for a while, but then left cause of RL. I cannot remember when I joined, but I know I left sorta 2007/8 ish?

Istari Novice
Hey guys! Lots of familiar names here so far. Geeze this is unreal, it looks so much like the classic Plaza (but I keep looking for upvote button, damn Reddit). I joined June of 04? Wow, I remember waiting for like an hour for the Isengard selfie photo thread to load. And threads had like a 100 post limit that was pretty heavily enforced.

New Soul
Missed you Curunder! You were the King of OOME!

Missed you as well, Maz and Ser! I'll have to drop by Mordor, Sil! I miss your pub mistress days. I hope Tzu will return.

Hobbit Child
Hey everyone!!! Prisca Boffin here, one of the OG hobbits from back in the day! I joined the Plaza back not long after it was created and spent many wonderful years on it, mostly in the Shire. I credit the Plaza with all my coding knowledge making those Shire newsletters! There are so many wonderful memories from the Plaza and I'm excited to see what this will become. For now it's so fun to see everyone chiming in so far. :)

Scavenger
Hello everyone! Im also here from the Facebook group. I think 2 years ago, my name was just Lita, but it has always been short for Aelita. I joined when I was 13 in late 2003/early 04....? Cant quite remember, but I was around when there were still houses and had a blast posting in several of them.
I joined reddit about a month or so ago just to post in a thread about the lotrplaza. There were a couple of folks there reminiscing. It is great to be here and see everyone!

Snaga
Lita - Actually found that Reddit thread last night while Narv, Sil, and I were discussing the level of interest this revived Plaza might gather.

Istari Novice
Aig! Now there's a name I remember.

Melkor
Melkor
Hi, I'm Rivvy Elf. I was part of the plaza since 2002, but I only became really active in the 2010's. When I was running threads, I often looked at archives from past people (most of whom who posted in this thread). I'm so glad to see the old, and older faces. Hopefully new ones as well in the future.

New Soul
Veowyn popping in! This elf sure missed this place! And my how life has changed since we were last together! I can't wait to see what fun the nostalgia will bring out in us!

Newborn of Lothlorien
Hi everyone! This is real weird but real nice. Glad to see all of you. Thanks for this Narv. I joined as Naurloth, which makes no sense as a name. It was like 17 or 18 years ago? I was a terrible Maia at some point, worked in the library for a bit, but I’ve been absent for a decade which is also weird. Made some wonderful friends, looking forward to seeing y’all and new people as well.

Chef
"real weird but real nice" is an accurate description of my evening so far too :)

Chef
Hello all! I joined in...2002, I think? Maybe 2003? I was a ruler in Eriador shortly after the kingdoms were combined into regions, which was...sometime? Clearly my memory is very sharp. :?

Loremaster of Gondor
Hello everyone. Turin Ringhun here. I joined the plaza way back June of 2005. Then RL took over (joined military, got deployed, got married, had kids). I sporadically came back through all that.

I’m probably best known for my time in Gondor in the Rangers, where I eventually became Captain of the Hyandaner (Hûl Hyandaner!). Great times we had. After the reboot of the plaza, I played more as Turin’s uncle Suro, a crazy ranger in Arnor, and Turin’s brother Huro in Gondor.

Loving seeing the classic look and hope to maybe be able to get back into rping.

New Soul
So, this is a thing again. Huh.

Dúnadan
Hi everyone! I found my way over from the Facebook thread. I joined the plaza in 2004 as Durien, who I created to be an elf but ended up in Gondor for all of my plaza life. I was pretty absent from the plaza due to rl after about 2010. I have been CRAVING to RP again and am super excited about this! It’s great to see everyone after so long!

Black Númenórean
Hey everybody! Like... everyone else, I came here from the facebook group. I'm Moriel, which has been my name for a long time on the plaza, but you may have also seen me as Tavari Mordagnir, Moriel Andúnë, Polgara Andúnë or if you're really, really ancient, LadyPolgara. Although I slithered around under an Eriador icon briefly "recently" and an MT icon briefly at the very beginning, Minion4Lyfe. I joined mid April 2004, so my 16th Plazaversary just went by :D

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Hi everyone - Sil sent me the link. I will remain a little candle until my axes are back...and possibly even then. I never got any further than KD because I got made ruler in the first freedom week, just as I was about to switch to Mordor. Guess that says it all!!

Crafts Master
Hi everyone, I first registered back in 2003. I was on from 2003 till about 2009, then sporadically from then as RL took over. Over the years I was

master gamgeee
Thorin Firehelm
Eomund Firehelm

I editted the plaza newsletter for a bit, as well as the Raedboda in Rohan and the Mirrormere in KD.

Snaga
Hi all, there's a lot of names I don't know or remember but some I do! I can't even remember when I signed up for the Plaza, was it 2003 ish?? (at this point the past is just one big blob of time) but I was around a few years, in Mordor (even ruling it for a time), before I got sucked into World of Warcraft and life.

Also HECK YES, NOSTALGIA TRAIN!
Last edited by Landy on Thu May 14, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Soul
Hi everyone! Much like everyone else, found my way here from the FB group.

I joined I think back in 2003, started in Rohan with every intention of moving to Rivendell but never left. I had a great Rohirric name for my backstory that I can’t remember right now. Part of the Feorsteorra clan. I ran the caption contest in Rohan, RPs here and there before smartphones were a thing, was a paethfindian in the cavalry, owned a house called Key Lime Pie (don’t know what to say), and left around probably 2010ish due to RL stuff.

Storyteller
Greetings all! Great to see everyone. Such a nostalgia hit to see the Newbies & Introductions banner that Mazana and I created included here! :mrgreen:

I have used the names Scary and Dwimmerlaik through the years. And if anyone doesn't know me from those names, well I'm pleased to meet you!

New Soul
We made that??? I was looking at it and thinking it looked so familiar! Hello!

Galadhrim Bowmaster
Hey everyone *Waves*

Rochindil Eltoran here, think I joined roughly 2006 maybe 2007 found this from the Facebook group this morning. Working from home currently so this has cheered me up immensely can't wait to get started up again. :D

Storyteller
Hey Maz, yeah we did haha. I needed you because I didn't know how to map links to parts of a picture.

Master Torturer
Omg so many familiar names! <3 Good to see you all again! :D

I think I spent my first few years in this forum, joined in october 2003. I was terrified of Kingdom threads as I could not RP, so stuck to here and OoME lol.

Snaga
haha that's rubbish Windy, I remember your RP posts and they were pretty good! I can't remember the thread though, perhaps annals of angmar?? Was like some kind of solo RP or maybe that was somebody else. But I deffo remember Windy RP

Edit: This edit button is great

Master Torturer
Haha, well yes, I eventually got there, I meant my first few years :P

Healer of Imladris
Hullo there, all!

Aerlinn Mordagnir (Linny!) here. I was most active in Rivendell and CoLP but I had a handful of RP characters scattered elsewhere. That was all back in uh...2006ish - 20012ish maybe? I may be more relieved than disappointed that I can't easily get to all my middle school-era posts :lol: .I've still got a handful of old thread banners and posts saved to my current computer though. And there is probably a folder of character icons buried around here somewhere...

Anyways, I'm very glad to see so many familiar names. I have a handful of Plaza people on Facebook but I'm a lurker. I have no idea how long I'll be able to stick around this time, I only posted once or twice in the last years of the Plaza, but I'm excited to brush the dust off Linn and see how things go. See you in the Kingdoms (and maybe I'll go post something foolish in Lore just for old times sake)!

New Soul
Tis I, Nienna, the old! Cannot believe I am here. déjà vu, guys!
love this and looking forward to read and join once again :-)

Archer of Lothlorien
Aaah so many familiar faces! Hello friends!

I have pretty much always been Dincairwen. I originally joined in... 2004 I want to say? I was mostly in Lothlorien and Wilderland, with brief sojourns elsewhere.

I still regularly reference Galadriel as an alter-ego and go all Green Galadriel on people. 😁

Easterling
My head is going to explode from all the familiar names that I see and my heart is literally bursting with the memories of olden days. So so so many good times and friends truly became family during the plaza years. Some of you I don't remember very well but I do remember and recognize your name and it's making me melt into gooey gooey fooness

I'm Nessila. Originally joined in 2005 as ArwenUndomiel89 and was in Rivendell. Then became Elisandria or something ridiculous before I settlen on Nessila/Nessila De Mein and found my calling in heralding from Mordor as a dark elf ... Who likes pink.

So excited to see everyone. These times in the real world calls for some deep dive into nostalgia and good thoughts and I never felt closer to people via online than on the plaza.

Wainrider
Nessila!!! OMG it's been too long =D

Reikon here. Joined in December of 2002, originally an Elf of Rivendell, then of Lothlorien, then a Dark Elf of Mordor.

Warrior of Imladris
Oh it's so lovely to see this site - even if it only lasts for a while! It feels weird that it was 17 years ago that I joined. Was a wizzie, then minion, maia, eagle and finally an elf. I like the elf.

So many familiar names here. Mine won't be to anyone, since I made it up about 5 seconds after seeing this on FB. I had a few names, but if there's anything you can do on the internet it's reinvent yourself!

You might have known me as Berry, Lirimaer or Ears :lol:

Wainrider
Sérëlindë - You're certainly right about seeing plenty of old names you recognize, I'm in the same boat! This is bonkers. =D

Guardian of Imladris
It feels like a parade of celebrities, or fictional characters come to life, or people from my dreams...*waves excitedly to the familiar names*

Archer of Lothlorien
It does feel like a parade of celebrities! Every time I recognize a name I squeal a little bit.

I realized something just now. I joined the plaza when I was 15. I'm 32 now. Literally more than half of my life, this existed, and I was part of a really awesome community. Even when I wasn't actively posting, I still had friends from the plaza on Facebook to see.