RP Request Form

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Ent Ancient
Hope I am not butting in - sure Rohan is "overall" Fourth Age but I don't see why you couldn't do a retro post in a Free RP thread in any kingdom (unless rules say otherwise I guess which I'm not sure of). It would be kind of cool actually, I like retro posts!

@Jorgy Underash - just an fyi I'm not sure if you mean for the top post to be a list of current requests. If not, ignore me. If so, Allacan's fun horses in the market story has wrapped up with the last Riddermarket thread.
Also wondering if you advertised this thread? Just to be sure folks are aware of its existence for connecting with other RPers. :smile:

EDIT ohh shoot I didn't mean to nab the top post. happy to delete this and repost if you want the top one Frost!

Balrog
Wanted:
Number of Characters:
Location(s):
Desired Length of RP:
Style:

A list of members generally up for RPing to ask for help:
@Moriel
@Jorgy Underash
@Fuin Elda
@Lailyn (prefers serious, one-on-one to small groups)
@Almarëa Mordollwen
@Androthelm
@The Elf Imperishable
@Skwovet
@Burnt Toast
@Dimcairien Luiniel (prefers a vague plan/end point in mind)
@Fairy Nuff (prefers short to medium length, and funny or serious without being too lore heavy)
@Nessa Saelind (prefers to jump in at beginning, small groups, slow is good, fast is alright (job permitting), funny and serious are cool, research is cool)
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Balrog
You are absolutely not butting in @Lailyn! I'm always happy for help and input. And you are right, I overlooked the fact that we can use the Free RPs to basically write where and whenever we want. Thank you for the clarification!

Apparently I resurrected the thread but I didn't clean it up so it's a shambling corpse rolling around in the dirt. Thank you for remind me!

and don't worry about the top post, it's not a super big deal for me to have it, second to top is just as good!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Orc Chieftain
@Jorgy Underash I signed up Talina for the Lhun boat race in Imladris, so I already know that it's set in the third age (I checked first). I did check out the thread mentioned in Gondor and it seems that you have to put in too much detail, so the boat race seemed like a better option. To play in the fourth age, I would have to create a whole new character, since too much of Talina's history is set in the third age, so it might be too tricky to transfer her over. :smile:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Ent Ancient
:thumbs: hope to take advantage of time warps myself sometime but haven't got there yet.
Well I forgot that I can't delete a post after someone else has posted anyway and with a new top post (even being second) the whole thing about the Riddermarket became a moot point anyway... :googly:

Ent Ancient
So, I had this idea for Durzhat and I had to run with it...she runs messages around Mordor and has a fatal one to deliver so I need someone willing to die: viewtopic.php?p=43817#p43817

Wanted: an orc (or other minion) ready to die
Number of Characters: 1
Location(s): Mordor, join me in thread above
Desired Length of RP: short and fatal
Style: Durzhat has been an absolutely ridiculous and silly character so far, but happy for it to go more serious and dark if you like. I'm up for anything, just want her to stab someone. *shrug* It can be for whatever reason you want/do what you want with it/I'm very willing to go with the flow.

Balrog
Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I would love to see how you dark and serious you can go with good ole Durzhat! (feel free to turn me down and wait for someone potentially more qualified to apply)

Ent Ancient
You are definitely qualified for "dark and serious." Let's do it! Push my boundaries and see what I can do, it'll be a good challenge with fair warning I might need time to get my Evil on.

Balrog
Perfect! :mwahaha: not to toot my own horn (though definitely to too my own horn) I am pretty good at drawing out people's inner evil, I have a very corrupting influence.

Regarding the story arc, shall we pants it or would you prefer to do a bit of plotting?

Ent Ancient
yeessss... :mwahaha: I am all in.

I'm good with pantsing if you are, we know the end game, but you know where to find me if you need absolutely anything, feel free to ask anytime. :thumbs:

Master Torturer
Come join the new RPG!

Minions, slaves and rescuers will be needed! Post as whomever you want and with as many characters as you want!

High Warden of Tower
Hmmm. Let me think... might write a slave or a rescuer, or both. Not a good minion though. If you need me somewhere. :lol:

Master Torturer
Omg please do join! As anything you want! And as many as you want :D

High Warden of Tower
I'll see what I can do for you, @Winddancer , once I can see over the mountain of work and due posts. Perhaps some adventure can be enjoyed!

Master Torturer
<3

And if you do want to do the rescuer thing too, keep an eye out, I will give a heads up when that can be done (and that goes for all who want to do that)

Orc Chieftain
I'll definitely be bringing Naelia in, but she might give some of your characters a hard time, since one of them was making fun of her the last time she participated in an Army mission (nothing she can't handle though, it just hasn't happened much, since most minions just accept her as one of their own, but there's always the odd exception. Though this time, she may have her trusty whip with her and even Drinch may be flying ahead, just to make sure these minions stay in line, so to speak). I was thinking that maybe Lathana's the blonde mentioned, since perhaps she did manage to escape and was captured by some of Mordor's forces, but doesn't know her connection to Naelia, so perhaps this is a way to get the minions who mocked her earlier on her side, so to speak (just an idea).

As for rescuers, I can also bring in Talina (I need some more experience with her anyway, being one of my newer characters; Elanor Starsley being the other).

Though I originally pictured Lathana as having dark hair like Naelia, perhaps their mother was one of the fair haired Elves instead of the dark haired ones, and Naelia got her dark hair from her father. As for Lathana, since she's Naelia's half-sister (same mother, different father), perhaps her father has lighter hair as well, which is why she has very little resemblance to her half-sister (other than her pointy ears, which she hides under her shoulder-length curly black hair so that she appears more human). Like Naelia's, Lathana's father might still be alive, but thought his daughter killed along with her mother, so he never made the effort to come look for her. If she survives this, perhaps she can go seek him out and go live with him, rather than continuing to rot in the Black Pits of Mordor.

Master Torturer
Any reference to any person I make in the RPG that isnt named, you are more than welcome to grab up and use as you see fit. So the blond that Mord is leering at can definitely be used. If you need a specific hair colour, I can edit ;)

And by all means give Mord some hell! He needs a kick in the balls :P Borfang might even join in, lol

Orc Chieftain
No, it's fine. Perhaps Lathana and Naelia's mother had blonde hair instead of dark hair (sort of like Galadriel).The only reason Naelia's is dark is because her father has dark hair. Lathana has a different father, so if he has light hair as well, it would make her more blonde, which is probably another reason Naelia doesn't like her. "A blonde Elf serving in Mordor's Army? She's going to learn to regret that!" is how Naelia would respond to that. :bearwhip:

Ent Ancient
Wanted: people to have Entish fun with in the proto-Brown Lands before they were destroyed

Number of Characters: unlimited

Location(s): over here in Fangorn viewtopic.php?p=49142#p49142

Desired Length of RP: not too long, not too short. medium I guess? we can feel it out as we go.

Style: chill, casual, mostly serious but with plenty of room for light-heared content. Free RP-style story mixed with optional prompts from me to help move the story along in time. Ents live for a long time after all. :smile:

About me as a Roleplayer: I think I'm pretty easygoing and I like to go with the flow. Don't love over-planning but I have a few broad ideas where I want this to go. Open to others' ideas and want people I RP with to feel comfortable and just have fun. I'd like this to be a chill, no-pressure RP story.

Additional OOC info is here: viewtopic.php?p=49143#p49143

🧚

Balrog
Doing some RP in Fangorn? Count me the heck in!

🧚

Ent Ancient
treeees yay! :grin:

Balrog
Been thinking of doing a "Master and Commander" style adventure with Finnbarr. Anyone want to play a pirate and circumnavigate the globe?

Orc Chieftain
I could bring Miranda Spano in for that one. She's one of the few female members of Capt. Jack's crew (created when Mordor did a PotC theme one Halloween on the Old Plaza and I wasn't familiar enough with the character of my rank), but I can change her character around a bit to suit the role play you have in mind (though I haven't played her in years, since most PotC RPG forums I joined ended up getting sent to Davy Jones' Locker for lack of activity, so I might be a little rusty). :smile:

Balrog
@Lady of Shadow, I would be happy to have you along! I will admit I'm not too familiar with Pirates of the Caribbean but I know the overall vibe is similar(ish) to the Aubrey-Mautrin books "Master and Commander" were based on, if much more Disney and less technical. Depending how many other people want to play, do you think you'd be more likely to play one of the bad guys or the good guys?

Orc Chieftain
The pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean are more "hero" type characters with the East India Trading Company as the villains (since they want to put an end to piracy and any wrong doings on the high seas), though there are some bad pirates as well (Capt. Sao Feng in At World's End is one, as is Barbossa in Curse of the Black Pearl, though he becomes a hero in At World's End). Miranda's more of a "hero" type pirate, but I can always create a pirate "baddie" if need be. :wink:

Balrog
What do ya know! Finnbarr is a sort of, maybe, depends on who you ask pirate/privateer/scallywag type character. It's been so long since I've seen PotC, I remember Jack was a bit of a cad.

If you'd like to bring in Miranda Spano you are more than welcome to! :grin: I would happy to have you come along!

We can work out playing the bad guys once we get started (or if anyone else wants to jump in)

Orc Chieftain
Excellent, and thank you for bringing Thief Hunt back (even if it's been moved to Fangorn, but since none of my lighter characters would dare venture into Fangorn, I brought Naelia in), since I was thinking about asking if I could take it over myself (but perhaps there will still be a Halloween version in Mordor, we'll have to wait and see). :grin:

Istari Sage
Wanted: people to do some RP about the Great March and the Sundering of the Elves

Number of Characters: unlimited

Location(s): viewtopic.php?f=16&t=874&p=51119#p51119 starting in Cuiviénen and then following the Great March

Desired Length of RP: however long that it's still fun

Style: I'd like to stay within things which we know are cannon in terms of what happened in the great march but a lot of it is vague and I think it'll be interesting to explore some of the things which may have happened and what the elves might have been thinking at the time. I have no serious goals or outcomes and I'm open to exploring with people who are interested.

New Soul
Romeran: I am debating with myself about this. The Minyár perspective would be interesting for me, as I haven't covered consciously written about Cuivienen before, awakening or leaving there. But I had a few mesmerising thoughts of situations that could be happening, I felt asleep with after reading this alert.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

New Soul
Title: There's Dragon Smoke Afoot

Wanted: Anyone at all interested in an Eriador adventure, maybe dragons, or possibly just farmers burning-off stubble in far-off, empty fields - haven't decided yet. At any rate, if you're a burglar who wants a job, plenty of excitement and reasonable reward, this is bound to be for you. Likewise, if you just want to wander the countryside swinging swords at stuff, smoking pipeweed and enjoying fine ale, this is again, bound to be for you.

Number of Characters: ummm... daaaaah... I dunno?

Location(s): Shire pubs, fields, green hollows, starry nights and sunny days - mainly

Desired Length of RP: as per number of characters

Style: meh

About me as a Roleplayer: Haven't really tried this for like 20 years, but hey, even at 40, I'm still pretty young for a hobbit, so I've plenty of get up and go!

A list of members generally up for RPing:
@Moriel
@Frosty the Snowman
@Almarëa Mordollwen
@Androthelm
@Dwarrow Elf
@Lucifer
@Dimcairien Luiniel (prefers a vague plan/end point in mind)
@Fairy Nuff (prefers short to medium length, and funny or serious without being too lore heavy)
Periantar:
I am a multi facited hobbit, for I am a gardener;
a leader, hobbit second regiment of the HDS;
and fireworks meister of TISAPA.

Arien
Arien
@PeriantarI think I’m quite ready for another adventure… Tag me in wherever you please! When it comes to the Shire, I play either a young hobbit fellow, Silas, or … a horrible goose. either are available on demand.
cave anserem

New Soul
@Silky Gooseness
Great! I rather imagine either character might come in handy. As you please.
Please feel free to jump right in and introduce yourself to the story line. Someone has been watching me in the Green Dragon all night, but it's so hazy in there thanks to all the pipe smoke, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell whether it was a hobbit or a goose.
Last edited by Periantar on Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Periantar:

Orc Chieftain
Sounds like something Elanor Starsley would enjoy. She's a hobbit lass that tends to get into trouble. She was originally from Bree but her elders thought that a move to the Shire would help tame the young lass (boy, were they wrong). Her elders are trying to sign her up for activities to get her mind of an older Hobbit lad that wants nothing to do with her (mostly because she tried to kill the Hobbit lass he was interested in by attempting to push her off of a cliff due to jealousy). She's my only Hobbit character (I mostly play minions). I got her name from a quiz on another Tolkien site on what your name would be if you were a Hobbit, Elf, Wizard, Human and Dwarf (not necessarily in that order). I'm using my Human character name (Dwarewien, Princess of Dol Amroth) as my TORN (the One Ring.net) username. These names were generated from my full name (first and last), not just my first name. :smile:

New Soul
@Lady of Shadow
She sounds like quite a pocketful of trouble, but then again, given that there could be Dragon Smoke afoot, Eleanor Starsley might be just what we need.
Periantar:

Orc
@Periantar Can I still join in the RP?

New Soul
Sure you can. You might be the character in the Green Dragon who has been watching all evening. Introduce yourself in the thread
@Black Serpent
Periantar:

New Soul
Somewhere I can join up for some light fun at first? :confused:

Balrog
I’m thinking of injecting some surrealist magical realism into Mordor for an RP, along the lines of “House of the Spirits” and “Como agua para chocolate”.

Anyone game?

New Soul
Me! :rage: In Mordor. :rasp: :grin:

Balrog
I take it you're saying yes Aik? Three cheers for the unexpected!

New Soul
True Frost. :thumbs: What you've in mind?

Balrog
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the magical realism genre and I don't want to assume too much or too little familiarity so I will explain it thusly: I want to portray an orcish family, slightly well-to-do in a Mordorian fashion, the patriarch is a Black Guard veteran, his wife can see spirits and must stay atop an enormous tower wherein she battles spirits angry with her family (she's also afraid of heights and so can never come down). The patriarch has one son and three or four daughters, all of whom he is hoping to marry off to other prominent or up-and-coming orcish families in Mordor and the surrounding regions. Naturally, his family has other ideas of what they want to do with their lives.

New Soul
Frost: Well I have Utchuk soon doing something about wights in Arthedain. Was a story of Lailyn. So I think I know what you want with that Orc family. Sounds cool. This orc mother must have some significant powers. Will her daughters have that too?

Balrog
That's the wonderful thing about magical realism, such things can be inexplicable. One of his daughters might be able to see through a wolf's eyes every time she sneezes, or perhaps the weather patterns change with the son's mood. Magical realism is, in part, all about taking something mundane (if we can call Middle-earth mundane for this experiment) and add something that changes the status quo without a recognizable reason.

New Soul
Great! Will you fly off first with posting since it was your idea or do you want to sharpen it further in the ooc thread in Mordor? Set the tone...

Arien
Arien
I’m also interested @Laurence, if there’s room for more

Image (2)
cave anserem

Balrog
Of course :rainbowevilblink:

Orc Chieftain
Do you mind if I join? I have two Orc characters, Orngor, Naelia's trusted Orcish helper, and Ormiak, who once helped to capture Naelia's half-sister, Lathana, when she was first accused of betraying the Dark Lord. Orngor is accounted for, since he often divides his time between the Dark Tower of Barad-dur and Minas Morgul (and sometimes is even seen in the kingdom of Angmar, but both he and Naelia haven't been there for quite some time, due to other duties, like trying to keep tabs on Lathana every time she tries to escape, and how to punish her for it), but Ormiak seems to have disappeared, so it might be interesting to bring him back into the fold, so to speak (both Naelia and Orngor believe that he came to a bad end; perhaps killed by Lathana in one of her failed escape attempts). Perhaps he did end up joining some kind of Orc family, since he would also believe that his former colleagues think that he was killed in some horrific way and don't want to confront them just yet.

New Soul
All those Orcses, we must watch out.....

Sure.. Perhaps four of us is enough? See ya in Mordor ooc.

Balrog
@Lady of Shadow from your description, I think Ormiak potentially fits the bill better. Perhaps he’s incognito for the time being? Either way, you’re welcome to join in.