RP Request Form

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Balrog
One of the most intimidating things about this site back in the day (and today too to a lesser extent) is the extended roleplay and getting people to do it with you. I've been very lucky to find people that want to work and write with me but without my luck I'd still be trying to figure out how to do everything on my own.
Not wanting anyone to have to try and figure that out alone, I made a quick and easy questionnaire that people can fill out and post here and connect. It's pretty simplistic and rough so we'll see how well it works.

Wanted:

Number of Characters:

Location(s):

Desired Length of RP:

Style:

About me as a Roleplayer:

A list of members generally up for RPing:
@Moriel
@Frosty the Snowman
@Almarëa Mordollwen
@Androthelm
@Dwarrow Elf
@Lucifer
@Dimcairien Luiniel (prefers a vague plan/end point in mind)
@Fairy Nuff (prefers short to medium length, and funny or serious without being too lore heavy)
Last edited by Akhenanat on Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
Hey, this is a great idea! Can I suggest that as people create their requests, you edit them into the top post so people don't necessarily have to scroll through the whole thread? A list in the top post of people who are open to being requested/generally interested in RPing with more folks but don't have a specific request might be cool too, if you like that idea go ahead and put my name on it :smiley8:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
As always @Moriel that is a fantastic idea!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Awesome idea Frost!

New Soul
I do not have a specific request but you are welcome to put me in the list of people generally up for RPing! :smiley24:
She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

Elven Enchanter
No specific requests either, but I too am generally up for RPing. And am happy to create more characters as needed. Depending on the type of RP, I do think I prefer to have some sort of vague plan/general end goal in mind, but keep the details open for hashing out together.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Esquire of The Mark
I am also up for RPing, can create unlimited NPCs or pick from one in my signature. Prefer short to mid-length RP :) Funny or serious though my lore is really rusty
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Balrog
I'll add your names to the list people can ask then :smiley10: thank you all!

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
This is a really wonderful idea. :smiley22: I absolutely love RP but I am involved in as many structured RPGs as I can realistically manage right now. That said, if anyone ever sees me in a Free RP whatever or some random pub and you have a mind for some company, please do throw something at me IC, trip my character up or generally catch their attention. I will respond if poked. :smiley11:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Balrog
@Ercassie oh man I know that feeling! I’m stretched a little thin but I’m always up for a good pub crawl.

New Soul
Frosty the Snowman wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:24 pm@Ercassie oh man I know that feeling! I’m stretched a little thin but I’m always up for a good pub crawl.
Speaking of pub crawls, there's an interesting idea. :D *not saying we should RP a Midsummer pub crawl around the place, but not discouraging it either :smiley9: *
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Melkor
Melkor
Put my name on it plz. Pwetty pwease with cherry on top?

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Frosty the Snowman wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:24 pm @Ercassie oh man I know that feeling! I’m stretched a little thin but I’m always up for a good pub crawl.
@Frosty the Snowman @Nessa Saelind .... I’m already at the Prancing Pony in Bree ... if you get bored *g*
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Loremaster of the Herd
Add me as well! I'm always down to play and need to rebuild my character list :smiley9:
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Balrog
@Nessa Saelind A pubcrawl during midsommar would be amazing!! I'm sure there's away to make a game out of it, each pub requires a drink and a shenanigan and those increase as the crawl goes on. :smiley16:
@Ercassie sounds like a place that can use a little boisterousness! I'll whip up a character and prance on over :smiley8:
@Androthelm & @Dwarrow Elf you got it! Added!

New Soul
@Frosty the Snowman if you or anyone else makes the Midsummer Pub Crawl game count me in! Bonus points for drunken dwarfs and elves arguing about some grudge from ancient history while the rest of the patrons cheer them on with drunken comments :smiley9:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
Pubs are my amongst my favourite places to cause mischief. A Pub Crawl game sounds most excellent.
they/he/mischief

Balrog
I'm putting together a few idea, a tilting scale of difficulty in shenanigans vs drunkenness seems like a solid foundation. A drink per pub and the attempted completion of a series of random tasks. Or maybe a drunken scavenger hunt. Or drunk in character debates. The possibilities are endless :smiley8:

Black Númenórean
Oh my gosh @Frosty the Snowman that sounds amazing. All of it.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
Also, you may add me to the RP list, I am generally up for shenanigans (or on occasion, a bit of seriousness...)

I'm also fairly easy to summon-- bit of bread and fire, sprinkling of mischief, and all that. And poof.
they/he/mischief

Balrog
*throws notes into special Plaza grimoire* name added!

Thain of The Mark
RP request here.

I’m looking for a minion (or Mordor familiar player) to ‘show me the ropes’ in Mordor, or alternatively a partner to discover it with me.

Years ago I really wanted to try RPing a snivelling wretched creature that follows around some super scary, impressive minion and generally act as a lackey for them; fetching drinks, being their footstool and essentially going everything they can to make that minion look impressive. Maybe being mistreated a bit, probably dying in a pub brawl or something equally meaningless. Think Grima wormtongue-esque with a bit of Dobby thrown in.

The idea was following the philosophy of improvisation where you try and make the other actor look good; I wanted to give someone the opportunity to really RP being a mean old minion without worrying about offending someone.

I thought it would be a fun way to explore Mordor - I could do their shopping, pick up their dry cleaning, wait their tables. But there weren’t any takers. I got tortured briefly in the pits before my torturer went AWOL, then RPed trying to escape Mordor and was a little disappointed no-one stopped me!

Thinking on it now, people might have been uncomfortable about the possibility of upsetting people with risky topics such as incarceration and servitude, or might have been wary of an unintended subtext.

Also, I’m now wondering if it might be more fun to approach it with a partner in crime who also isn’t familiar with Mordor, so we can explore together - maybe like Pinky and the Brain. I’ll be the oaf, you be the mastermind.

About me as Role-Player; I like connecting with people, preferably one or two rather than a room full of people that can become difficult to follow. I enjoy a mix of silly or serious; I’m not particularly funny but I try. I’m not the best online roleplayer; I type 100 words when 1 would do (a serious issue looking at my recent posts, but I’m working on it) I’ve had acting training and significant offline roleplay/improv experience so I am not precious about my PCs and in fact thrive off original ideas and challenging roleplay. I’m a bit forgetful of where I posted, so love it when people @Allafyrefleorhtlig me!
Last edited by Allacan ob Burzum on Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pæthfindian of the Eastmark
Forged in fire, shaped by shadow
She/her.

Balrog
:smiley8: @Allafyrefleorhtlig put your info in the OP! I'll give someone else a chance to bite first but as a minion, I would love to show you around our fair lands

Thain of The Mark
@Frosty the Snowman if you adopt @Allafyrefleorhtlig's poor wretched minion I'm going to spend the next year inexplicably giving them socks. Just every time I see either of you, new socks for the sniveler
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Warrior of Imladris
RP request -

Wanted: having signed up for some sort of weird non-boat boating race in Rohan, I find a need a co-pilot to traverse the wild water with.

Number of Characters: 1 person needed

Location(s): Rohan

Desired Length of RP: Until we finish the race ... maybe a week or just over.

Style: (i.e., structured and planned out, or fly by the seat of your pants): the latter, mostly, but apparently we have to turn up with a floating non-boat for this madness, so maybe a little planning and then mostly silliness and fun.

About me as Role-Player: I am a nerd about some things, which I write stories for generally, so am a little territorial about my characters if in serious rp ... which this is not. So, um ... I'm creating yet another npc for this - a Rider of the female persuasion to attend the summer festival in Rohan - not too precious about her, willing to see where it goes. (Someone else should write this bit about me. :smiley12:)
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Elven Enchanter
@Lirimaer I can give it a try. Once at a summer camp we had a team building exercise where we had to build a boat out of cardboard and plastic water bottles, so I have some experience with constructing boats out of non-boat materials.

I'll probably end up using a random NPC as well. I created a male Rider the other day, so maybe I'll throw him into this boat.

Balrog
@Thalionwen hey now! If anyone wants to join my little minion army they are perfectly welcome to do so!

Warrior of Imladris
@Dimcairien Luiniel Cool :D Clearly life has prepared you for this!!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Balrog
Yes! It looks like this thread is working :smiley8:

Thain of The Mark
@Frosty the Snowman I believe it is. Happy to wait a few days in case there are any other eager takers, but would be more than honoured to lick your boots clean if not.

@Thalionwen Please do this either way, it’d be hilarious!
She/her.

Balrog
Everyone has exactly one and a half hours until Allafyrefleorhtlig is officially my minion! Will you leave her to her fate or will you rescue her?

[Frost Edit: Times up! Mwahahaha! @Allafyrefleorhtlig report to On the Rocks!]

Thain of The Mark
As you wish, master. I’ll be playing as Grobby, in deference to Grima and Dobby.
She/her.

Elven Enchanter
@Lirimaer hey, do we need to make our entrance somehow? And what should our "boat" be? Also, should we do our planning on discord so as not to spam up this thread?

Black Númenórean
Slightly sad I didn't jump on @Allafyrefleorhtlig in time, but also wickedly delighted to watch this unfold
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Thain of The Mark
@Moriel By all means you can try and battle over me or win my allegiance from @Bïfrøst. Happy to play a sadistic/masochistic version of “One Man, Two Guvnors” but suspect it might be the end of me 😂
She/her.

Balrog
Hey! Hands off my minion!!

Forester of Lothlorien
I feel like this place was made for me! My head has been in a bit of a whirl regarding my NPCs, and I really don't want to be RPing by myself because that's a sure way for me to get bored. I know! I've been there and done that.... :smiley12: I'm hoping that one of you kindly souls wouldn't mind taking up a new NPC. The details are below.

Wanted: Someone who would be willing to play the mother character to one of my characters. She's a Gondorian noble woman with a 35 year old son who is a Ranger, and twins who are about 20 years old now and who are up for just NPCing whenever by either my character or whoever plays Lanneth - the mother. Lanneth is in her mid-fifties.

Number of Characters: Erm... 1

Location(s): Gondor

Desired Length of RP: I'm hoping for it to be long term.

Style: there is definitely a structure and a plan; but loose RPing is good too.

About me as Role-Player: I do believe I am a bit on the serious side where RPing is concerned. I'm not too heavily into lore but I like to keep things as plausible as they can be. I don't mind the occasional silliness...if I can handle a decent bit of silly RPing. I do like plotting, though I must admit I'm pretty poor at these.

If you would like to know something about Lanneth's son, his bio is HERE.

Balrog
Welcome Nen! :smiley8: I created this thread for just this reason. I could RP all the parts myself but where's the fun in that? I'll put your info up in the OP and we'll see what kind of fish we can get biting!

Forester of Lothlorien
Thank you, Frost!! :smiley8:

Warrior of Imladris
@Dimcairien Luiniel Wow, serious planning ... okay - I'll see if you're on later! Otherwise, I'll just post in there about waiting for you and I'll just roll with whatever you turn up in! It shall be epic!

[Later edit: nice choice!]

Balrog
@Nen If no one drops in by Friday, I'd be more than happy play a motherly figure if you'd have me :smiley10:

Forester of Lothlorien
@Bïfrøst Thank you, Frost! That's really sweet of you. But don't feel obliged to because you are running the thread. I've noticed you've picked up the other RP request as well. I don't want the new character to become a burden to you! :smiley12:

Balrog
When you already have 100 characters or so, 101 isn’t too daunting :smiley15: I’m looking for a way into Gondor after all, and if I need to pull out my Mexican mother tropes to do so then do be it! :smiley9:

Forester of Lothlorien
:smiley9: ... Cool, then! :smiley8:

Thain of The Mark
@Bïfrøst Stop stealing all the good ones for yourself!!!

@Nen I’d be interested in this, if you aren’t set on Frost? Is there any particular relationship you would be going for, or any style of characterisation you envision for Lanneth?
She/her.

Balrog
NO! all for me! Mine!

I kid of course, I encourage others to steal all the time

Thain of The Mark
I’ll fight you Frost, don’t push me (grabs feather pillow)

Forester of Lothlorien
@Allafyrefleorhtlig Sure! Thank you so much for volunteering! Frost did say that there was time till Friday before he staked the claim. :D

So, here goes the answer to your questions:

Lanneth is in her mid-50s. Her mother was a Rohirrim and her father was one of the Dunedain of Gondor. She has gold-brown hair and deep blue eyes. I imagine her to be calm, unruffled, strong in character, amused at the antics of her children, knows her children well but lets them grow while keeping a calm eye on them. She is a widow, her husband -- Arnor, of the Noble House of Calimiri, and also a high ranking ranger -- having died in a fire accident while attempting to make a sword for his oldest son when he first became a Ranger. This older son is now 35 years old, and Lanneth's younger son and daughter are 18-year old twins (the twins are NPCs - titian haired and full of mischief).

In terms of current RP status, she has said good bye to her oldest (Hirluin) as he has gone back to the newly reformed Ranger Corps on a mission for the new king. She could be in the free RP thread or the market place or even the library, where I hope for her to bump into my other character, Lalaith. I would like for them to build a strong bond. Lalaith is 29 and is in MT for the first time in her life. She too is a widow, and had been widowed very young. After years of labouring on her husband's land, the estate is now doing well, and so she has decided to come to MT to grow in knowledge and wisdom. Lanneth takes a liking to Lalaith and a notion that she would like her for a daughter-in-law. But the way Lanneth goes about her match-making falls very much in line with her calm, solid personality. Of course, Lanneth will have plenty of time to get to know Lalaith and grow close to her since her son is not in the city. So most of the initial RPing would be with Lalaith, and of course the daily threads of MT.

You could build on working on her interests and any other character quirks, and her history, if you would like. Also, if there is anything in what I have put down that you would like to change about her, please do so. It would be lovely if you could make Lanneth your own. :smiley8:

Thank you so much again! And.,..what may I call you for short? I can't be calling you @Allafyrefleorhtlig all the time, can I? Or... can I?

Thain of The Mark
@Nen OOC you can call me whatever you like, lol. Allacan is my proper plaza name before the madness of name-changing, but Alla works fine.

All of that sounds amazing and is really great to work with; she’s independent but kind, skilled and quietly confident. She cares deeply for her son and supports him in his own choices but worries that he is lonely and could do with a partner and she thinks about it often. And perhaps she has that empty nest loneliness adding to it so is also pining for company herself. However she is practical and stolid and not a complainer; she takes responsibility for bettering her life rather than expecting someone else to do it, and having the experience of raising her children single-handed means she can be firm and determined when she needs to be.

As things go on I may add a little of my own RP flair but be sure to communicate if I don’t capture her the way you envisioned or do something that doesn’t seem ‘right’. I think the library would work well at first; I’ll get a post up today. Do please @Allafyrefleorhtlig me in replies though because my memory is terrible and I forget where I owe posts.

@Bïfrøst Neh neh ne-neh neh :smiley15:
She/her.

Balrog
@Allafyrefleorhtlig I’m just glad you didn’t get me Thomassed at this point (read about that this morning :smiley9:)

Best of luck to the both of you! I look forward to reading your collaborations!