RP Request Form

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Balrog
Wanted: Anyone interested in a short, silly RP

Number of Characters: No limit, but must be equine

Location(s): The current Riddermarket in Rohan

Desired Length of RP: One off event, a few posts at most. Any craziness will likely be wrapped up when the current Riddermarket ends, which is normally 4 weeks from opening, so likely to end some time in 1-2 weeks’ time.

Style: A bit of silliness. While sporting the Arod SCR, I role-played him letting a load of Rohirric horses loose from the market’s hitching post, so anyone who wants to RP a horse wandering the market or invading a shop is more than welcome to join @Gwai and I. It’s very loose and ‘wing it’ type RP, but please respect the thread rules.

The initial act of Arod loosing the other horses can be found in the second part of my post here

A list of members generally up for RPing:
@Moriel
@Jorgy Underash
@Fuin Elda
@Lail (prefers serious, one-on-one to small groups)
@Almarëa Mordollwen
@Androthelm
@Dwarrow Elf
@Tarawen
@Burnt Toast
@Dimcairien Luiniel (prefers a vague plan/end point in mind)
@Fairy Nuff (prefers short to medium length, and funny or serious without being too lore heavy)
@Nessa Saelind (prefers to jump in at beginning, small groups, slow is good, fast is alright (job permitting), funny and serious are cool, research is cool)
@Taethowen (Happily will RP it all, from silly and short to lengthy and serious, though I guess I veer toward improv’d silliness most of the time)
Last edited by Akhenanat on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Istari Steward
Wanted: A person to help me finish a scene that simulates what was going through KD in the lead-up to the Balrog's appearance.

Number of Characters:1 (or more if you want idc)

Location(s): Clans of Khazad-dum Free RP thread

Desired Length of RP: Literally just a few posts unless things get weird, my NPC is addressing a council of elders so just make one up and play them for me.

Style: Canon by plaza standards (lol but seriously)

Balrog
Alrighty, Duck. Let's see if we can't snag you someone to help out.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Forester of Lothlorien
@KingODuckingham I've only ever played a dwarf once (and he was a very studious old 'un); I'd love to give this one a go. I've gone through your posts as Nali, and I have an avaricious opposer in mind. I'm game if you're okay with it, Ducky!

Istari Steward
Thank you Nen and Frost!

Forester of Lothlorien
No problem! I'm having fun. :grin: ...so, am I your dwarf? He's Gaba - a very, very, very, very, VERY wealthy dwarf, and he isn't pleased about Nali's suggestion. Not. One. Bit.

Balrog
Glad I could help facilitate.

Istari Steward
Sounds great Nen!

Forester of Lothlorien
I'll get my post up sometime this weekend, Ducky.

Thain of The Mark
Wanted: A Gondorian penpal for my non-binary character (preferably someone in the Kingdom of Gondor)

Number of Characters: 1 (for now)

Location(s): Exclusively the Rohan post-office for now (Gondorian one if there is one, but I don't think there is) with the possibility to build it out later if it naturally progresses that way

Desired Length of RP: Slow-paced ongoing, only expecting a post now and then.

Style: Character interaction focus and letters only initially for my non-binary PC Shadowfox (they/them).

In summary, I created a non-binary NPC to engage in a competition in the recent Summer Festival in Rohan and now the event is over I wanted to keep playing them as a slow-burning side-character with minimal pressure.

The character went through some amazing personal development in the festival threads and essentially 'came out' as non-binary during the festival pageant. Rejected by their family because of who they are, they are an ex-circus performer who has spent years hiding behind performance identities and masks and who only recently came to Edoras and is now finding acceptance and understanding among the citizens there. They are in the middle of a lot of character growth around identity and gender will likely shortly be choosing a new name for themselves to reflect this major change before settling down to a new life in Rohan, away from the masks and no longer hiding in the shadows.

I already established within my festival posts that Shadowfox had approached Eowyn seeking support during one of the competition rounds, and that she is in fact an LGBTQIA2S+ ally (it seemed to fit with her experience of Dernhelm). Eowyn is apparently visiting Rohan in the current Riddermark Throne Room but I imagine thereafter she will be returning to her husband back in Gondor.

I am thinking that perhaps on her return to Gondor, Eowyn puts Shadowfox in touch with another non-binary or LGBTQIA2S+ person in Gondor, and the two of them start writing to each other to share their experiences of not conforming to the traditional concepts of gender and/or sexuality.

Personally, I have little personal experience of being LGBTQIA2S+, being a cis straight woman, but the reason I created this character was because I wanted to ensure that there was representation for non-binary people at the Festival pageant as well as trying to practice proper pronoun use. It has been an eye-opening experience for me trying to imagine what life must be like for a non-binary person, and the roleplay had really helped me practice referring to someone with the correct pronouns and has hopefully helped me become a better LGBTQIA2S+ ally myself. Now that Shadowfox has come out of the shadows, I want to continue their journey somehow, but I don't have time to commit to it being a lot of busy RP. I hope that this is a way I can still develop my non-binary PC in an exploratory fashion and keep their presence on the plaza alive.

One last note; Shadowfox's writing skills are poor and one IC reason they are trying to find pen-pals is to practice and improve their writing skills. This will improve quite quickly but I thought it would only be fair to provide pre-warning to any grammar-police like me who wince at the sight of bad spelling; Here is an example of their first letter to a new friend they recently made in Rohan, so you are all properly forewarned.

Balrog
Excellent idea @Allafyrefleorhtlig! I hope a few Gondorians/LGBTQIA2S+ folx take a bite. This is both a fascinating RP idea and a good way to explore allyship.

High Lord of Imladris
I would like to put my name up for being up for RPing.... Pretty much anywhere any time. I do better with RPs where I can either be serious or comical, I don't do well with a mixture of the two in the same thread, length doesn't matter, how busy I am doesn't matter I type and read like a monster. Though I do better jumping in early into an RP rather than late because I find I have an easier time interacting then rather than 20-30 posts down the line especially on serious RPs

Ahhhh getting a hold of me.... I am not on the discord. I have not found a link to the discord. but you can poke me in the Imladris General OOC thread with a mention or here and I'll come trotting along to post in less than 12 hours. (Likely less than 2 but SOMETIMES I will be asleep or working.)
Sereg a Dîn

Black Númenórean
@Fuin Elda if you'd like to join us on discord, here is an invite link! We don't have a permanent public link, but individual invites that expire in 24 hours :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
Um right soooo I am not on Discord as Fuin Elda but as Chinona so uhhh if someone can put me somehwere so I can post and plot instead of not being able to do anything that would be swimmingly fantastic
Sereg a Dîn

Balrog
@Fuin Elda added your name to the list! And beware, I will hit you up sooner or later and plot something ridiculous or glorious, it’s a toss up. Ask anyone.

High Lord of Imladris
@Mama's Murder Muffin yus bwahahahaha
Sereg a Dîn

Ent Ancient
When I joined NuPlaza I said I wasn't going to RP. Um that's gone well so far... :lol:

Feel free to add me to the general list of people willing to RP. I'm pretty easy-going and flexible. I prefer less planning (which is not to say that I can't/won't plan - sometimes its necessary) and like open-ended plots and letting things play out. I also like smaller groups and tend to get overwhelmed with big groups/big RPGs.
Edit: forgot to mention prefer serious

I'll be back with a specific request soon-ish but I'm not quite ready yet. Thanks for this thread, though, as someone hesitant to jump into things and take the lead, I appreciate it. :smile:

Balrog
Thank you so much @Lail! As ever, you rock. I’ve put your name under the “Up for RPing” but when you have a specific request please let me know and I’ll throw it on up there for ya :wink:
In the meantime, now I have to think of something to involve you in.... mwahahahaha!

Ent Ancient
Thanks, Frost! And uhhh take your time on that. I'm about to no longer be a part-time bum ( :cry: ) so life schedule/adjusting is going to be more challenging.

Balrog
I specialize in glacially moving RPs (ask anyone) but I will keep that in mind. Not getting to be a part time bum sucks! *kicks work* Let Lail be a part time bum!

Ent Ancient
Wonderful, I'm so happy to hear that. I can do glacial. Haha not work but school. I'll just have to be more efficient. :thumbs:

Thain of The Mark
Ok, I've been eyeing this thread for a while but was waiting for all the Cavalry stuff to start calming down and get a good routine going for Plaza stuffs.

So, that said, I would like to be added to the list of "people generally up for RPing." I prefer serious RP with a specific end-goal in mind, but with some flexibility for how it plays out (because characters!) Right now, I'd rather help people with shorter stories vs. long ones, unless the long ones don't require a post more than once or twice a week, tops. If you have a basic character sketch for me to step into already, even better.

I also have an RP request, though it's kind of short notice and will need to be somewhat fast-paced (hoping to start this story portion in just a few days, and get it wrapped up by the beginning of October.)

Wanted: Someone to RP the mother of an NPC of mine (Ceadda, mother's name is Trewyn.) Literally all I know about Trewyn is that she's somewhat recently widowed (less than a year), and has three children (Ceadda, 19 years old and newly hired steward at Ærn Anhyrne, Taethowen's family estate, and two twin girls, Sigerun and Estrun, who are 9). She and her children have all moved to Ærn Anhyrne after her son was hired on there.

Number of Characters: 1

Location(s): Rohan (this will all take place in the Life in the Mark thread)

Desired Length of RP: short and fast-ish. Like... no more than a week, RL-time, starting in a few days and wrapping up by the beginning of October.

Style: I don't even know, lol. This is a personal storyline arc for Taethowen that I don't want to tackle completely alone. IC Taeth has received some very bad news following a very disappointing and frustrating set of circumstances, and she needs some mothering. I have some specific ideas but would prefer to go into further detail via Discord (Rebekah Loper#4402) or email (teaandyarn at gmail).

About me as a Roleplayer: ... I hate RPing by myself, consider myself to be a decent writer, and I do like to plot behind the scenes with whoever I'm RPing with.

High Lord of Imladris
@Taethowen I'd be willing to give it a go. I'm a fairly fast RPer and honestly atm I'm stuck at home so have lots of time to plot and post etc
Sereg a Dîn

Thain of The Mark
@Fuin Elda sounds great! I'll get in touch with you in the morning, it's been a long day and I am zonked.

Balrog
It looks like you two have done all the work for me! Well done! I look forward to seeing what the pair of you create

New Soul
Now that work is finally slowing down from the crazy summer pace to the yes-finally-this-is-manageable-and-you-can-have-a-life pace :lol: I have a bit more time and enthusiasm for some RP-ing :-) So, Frost can you please add me to the RP list?

OK, some personal prefference are in order I suppose: if possible I like to jump in at the beining of an RP; smaller groups are nice and managable :lol: and don't mind if things move in a turtle like speed, although speedy RP's are OK too (if work schedule permits ofc). Both serious or funny is ok (although I'm not wouching for how funny I am :P ) and I don't mind doing extensive amounts of reasearch if needed. Did I mention everything? I hope I did *fingers crossed*
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Balrog
Wunderbar! @Nessa Saelind, glad to have you aboard. I'll put your name in the OP and scheme as to how I can create an RP to do with you! :mwahaha:

Balrog
Sorry I missed that part of your post @Taethowen, you've been added as well

Thain of The Mark
Thanks @Vampire Bob :smooch:

Thain of The Mark
Wanted: Anyone interested in a short, silly RP

Number of Characters: No limit, but must be equine

Location(s): The current Riddermarket in Rohan

Desired Length of RP: One off event, a few posts at most. Any craziness will likely be wrapped up when the current Riddermarket ends, which is normally 4 weeks from opening, so likely to end some time in 1-2 weeks’ time.

Style: A bit of silliness. While sporting the Arod SCR, I role-played him letting a load of Rohirric horses loose from the market’s hitching post, so anyone who wants to RP a horse wandering the market or invading a shop is more than welcome to join @Gwai and I. It’s very loose and ‘wing it’ type RP, but please respect the thread rules.

The initial act of Arod loosing the other horses can be found in the second part of my post here

New Soul
Vampire Bob wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 pmI'll put your name in the OP and scheme as to how I can create an RP to do with you! :mwahaha:
Actual depiction of Frost scheming how to get us all to participate in various RPs :lol:

She/her.

Balrog
:rofl: @Nessa Saelind you aren't wrong! Just ask anyone I've RP'ed with!

Ent Ancient
:rofl: that's amazing. that is my brain 90% of the time. Frost, I don't know how you cope.

Balrog
@Lail that's the secret... I just flail about and hope everything falls into place :lol:

@Allacan ob Burzum I somehow missed your request but it's up and running! :googly:

Ent Ancient
Good to know I'm not the only flail-er! :grin:

Master Torturer
@Panic AKA Fleeg @skekSil @Anyone else at the masquerade

Does anyone want to be the Lady of Shadows' target? The one she is stalking? You dont have to come up with a reason, I can find one (though if you have one, share!). More that you are ok she is stalking you. Promise I wont have her kill you..

Balrog
As The Blue Bear is about to come and ask for a dance, I will volunteer as "victim" with him

Master Torturer
Thanks! <3

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:21 pmPromise I wont have her kill you..
*an hour later* Clean up crew on aisle 3 please! :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
:grin:

Balrog
I mean, with Frost that can go so many different ways :moon:

New Soul
Now, now! Don't tempt me to go up there and RP the cleaning crew :lol:
"Bossmang, gonna need strong bleach here!"
She/her.

Master Torturer
:lol:

No need to worry, I would never ruin a beautiful party..

Orc Chieftain
I'm assuming you mean the Six Fingered Man I mentioned in a few Halloween threads? I was just getting into character, but if anyone wants to continue that storyline, we could open a Halloween Free RP thread in the Shire (if you don't want to continue it in the actual threads). I switched from Louise since I'm a little more familiar with the characters from The Princess Bride, and since I am technically a minion (at least on the Plaza, hardly in real life), wearing pink bunny ears is a no no (it would be considered foo, and you know how us minions feel about stuff like that, or at least some of us)! And technically, it's not my Halloween character that kills him, but Inigo: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." :lol:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Balrog
Resurrecting this thread since it kinda fell out of use whilst I was away.

@Lady of Shadow if you’re still up for it, I’m game to try some character building RP with you :grin:

Black Númenórean
Well apparently I never added my name to the OP list of people down for RP, oops

Can you please add me, @Jorgy Underash? Happily will RP it all, from silly and short to lengthy and serious, though I guess I veer toward improv’d silliness most of the time huh
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
We'll just call it a minor oversight with all hundred bazillion things you have going on here already :wink:

Adding your name now! :grin:

Orc Chieftain
@Jorgy Underash: I can go for that, but it will probably have to be with either Naelia or Talina (since I've yet to play her anywhere, and I might have to relocate her, since I created her more as a third age character, and Gondor's set in the fourth age, so if you can come up with some scenario set in the third age maybe? Perhaps she tracks down her parents or a long lost family member to Rohan and settles there?) I don't think I'll bother with the escape attempt plot for Lathana, since Naelia has enough responsibilities at the moment (losing her Lava Snake, for starters, so if she wants to compete again, she'll have to inquire a new one, hopefully one with better luck). :smile:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

High Lord of Imladris
@Lady of Shadow - IF you'd like uhhh Talina to have something in Gondor to do that's third age Buccaneers of Belfalas is a third age RP which is currently a mix of Corsairs/Haradrim and gondorian scally wags that has not actually set sail but is fighting their way to their ships.

Balrog
@Lady of Shadow I believe Rohan is also set in Fourth Age, the only kingdoms I know for sure are TA are Imladris and Mordor. If you want to jump into an arc right away in other of those places in the Free RP threads I would be more than happy to get whip up character that we can use to help guide the story along. And I think you should definitely take @Fuin Elda up on her offer, different characters need different scenarios to fully develop