RP Request Form

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Master Torturer
@Bïfrøst if we Thomassed you the site would crash. The most we could do is ban.. :P

Balrog
One of the most intimidating things about this site back in the day (and today too to a lesser extent) is the extended roleplay and getting people to do it with you. I've been very lucky to find people that want to work and write with me but without my luck I'd still be trying to figure out how to do everything on my own.
Not wanting anyone to have to try and figure that out alone, I made a quick and easy questionnaire that people can fill out and post here and connect. It's pretty simplistic and rough so we'll see how well it works.

Wanted:

Number of Characters:

Location(s):

Desired Length of RP:

Style:

About me as a Roleplayer:

A list of members generally up for RPing:
@Moriel
@Frostbite
@Almarëa Mordollwen
@Androthelm
@Dwarrow Elf
@Burnt Toast
@Dimcairien Luiniel l (prefers a vague plan/end point in mind)
@Fairy Nuff (prefers short to medium length, and funny or serious without being too lore heavy)
Last edited by Akhenanat on Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Prolly a good thing then that we dont *want* to get rid of you :P

Forester of Lothlorien
@Allafyrefleorhtlig You have her down pat! I'm really looking forward to what you do with her. Just one wee change - the twins are 15 years old and very much at home. I haven't thought about them much except that the girl is definitely outspoken and full of mischief, and the younger is probably the discoverer / inverntor-ish type who gets into trouble because of experiments going wrong. It's a fun household...heh. :D Oh, yes! And their names are Tiril and Mírion respectively.

@Bïfrøst All thanks to you, Frost! Lovely thread, this. ^^

Thain of The Mark
Nen wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:21 am She is a widow, her husband -- Arnor, of the Noble House of Calimiri, and also a high ranking ranger -- having died in a fire accident while attempting to make a sword for his oldest son when he first became a Ranger. This older son is now 35 years old, and Lanneth's younger son and daughter are 18-year old twins (the twins are NPCs - titian haired and full of mischief).
@Nen I can edit to make them younger but being schooled if you prefer? I left it very vague as to where they lived in Lanneth's home or not, on the basis that I wasn't sure if they lived with Lanneth, but whether 15 or 18 they are likely to be out enjoying the summer sun (and getting into mischief) more than being cooped up indoors.

@Bïfrøst I guess our only hope now is to drive you away, but I suspect that would be a game of chicken everyone and no-one would win (but hilarious nevertheless)
Last edited by Allacan ob Burzum on Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balrog
@Winddancer Not yet at least :smiley16:

@Nen I’m glad I could help you out!

@Allafyrefleorhtlig bring it on! :whip:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Nevah! We need all the good writers!!

Btw @Allafyrefleorhtlig read your library post, awesomeness! Loooving all the wonderful writing going on! <3

Balrog
Wanted: a willing victim participant to have over for dinner in the kitchens of Dhad Bûrz

Number of Characters:1 or 2

Location(s): Mordor, in Dhad Bûrz

Desired Length of RP: short term

Style: serious and highly aesthetical that can potentially border on the absurd and surreal

About me as Role-Player: By now everyone will probably have seen me somewhere in NarvaPlaza doing either serious RP or absurd games. I like playing evil characters or characters influenced by evil because I feel they are more compelling and funnier to write. Generally, I’m overly descriptive and flowery enough to qualify as purple prose but also like a lot of action and drama. My major hang up, both in writing and n general and in RP is dialogue so this request would be designed to have a lot of that as a form of training.

Elven Enchanter
@Bïfrøst Which character are you RPing in said thread? I could easily get Zaram or Gorfank over there.

And I tend to have the opposite problem - I’m better at doing dialogue than description.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Balrog
I'm most likely going to go with Frost, I've got some things I want to explore with his character and answer few background questions I have about him. He's encountered Zaram before (or at least he will in Rohan) so if Zaram is up for some Hannibal-esque cuisine, I'd be happy to have them!

Elven Enchanter
I'd be up for that. I'm needing to explore more of her character as well. The only thing that's really established is that she likes to explore areas so she can steal various items from across Middle Earth.

Master Torturer
Well I was going to rp this myself, but kinda want to have someone do it, so..

Wanted: Captain of the City Guard in Gondor (or someone with equal rank)

Number of Characters:1

Location(s): Minas Tirith

Desired Length of RP: short term - just a few posts I think

Style: serious

There is an unidentified unconcious elf in the Houses of Healing with red eyes! (No.. that is not what she is there for, gawd) I would like someone in charge of the city guard to come and find out who she is. The conclusion will be to send her to the Royal dungeons, where someone else will be taking over there. (got that lined up, so just need the initial interrogation or more like attempted interrogation :P)

TAKEN!

Balrog
@Dimcairien Luiniel Sounds perfect for both of us then, I hope she brings her appetite. I'll give a nice big set up for us in the next day or so and we can have an old friend for dinner.

@Winddancer moving your request to the OP!

Thain of The Mark
@Winddancer thank you for the compliment, much appreciated. I was a little concerned she might get done in if she got too close whatever is going on in your thread but also like acknowledging other people’s presence too; loved the story you were telling in there.

@Bïfrøst Ooh a whip? How quaint :smiley15:

Master Torturer
@Allafyrefleorhtlig Understandable! I love doing just that in the Umbar thread :D And whenever you see any of my npcs, you are more than welcome to butt in somehow as I have no specific plans for any of them. Heck the one you saw was a product of Rivvy butting in :smiley9:

Balrog
@Allafyrefleorhtlig I normally save this for Discord, but I think it's appropriate here. "Oh honey."

Thain of The Mark
@Winddancer and @Bïfrøst deary me I better hold on tight toy horsey icon; you guys are bringing out my mischievous side

Balrog
It's in the minion charter to relentlessly recruit everyone to our cause... or eat them

Elven Enchanter
I swore I would never leave Lothlorien, and look what has now happened to me …

Balrog
and you look sooooo much better with a ring than a piece of glass

Master Torturer
We all know it is just a matter of time before we have Plaza domination..

Melkor
Melkor
About me as a Roleplayer: Is very flexible in RP style. In serious RPG's like Ages of Arda, he can fit the "script-style" of RPG role very well. Is willing to do the research and will try to be creative while not departing from Tolkien's vision too far. Willing to be a red-shirt cannon fodder.

However, Dwarrow (Rivvy) also loves "shoot-style" RPing, where planning is minimal with only a few key events planned out, and only the ending is predetermined. The interaction is based on looking at the RP itself as well as reading between the lines along with inferences and such. Essentially similar to improv. At the same time, Dwarrow is more than willing to switch it more into a "script-style" depending on the desires of the other players.

Balrog
Hey @Dwarrow Elf! Was there any specific idea you had that you wanted to play out somewhere? I'd be happy to throw it into the OP and see what kind of fish we can catch.

Melkor
Melkor
Thanks Frost! As of right now not quite since my plate is filling quickly in the near term. I just was elaborating more on myself to people who do not know me.

Balrog
Sounds good, I’ll keep you in mind though for future stuff.

Craftsman
Wanted: Roleplayers
Number of Characters: Any
Location(s): You know... some pub in KD.
Desired Length of RP: I mean... I just want people to RP with. If there is a big demand for actual "plotlike" roleplaying events I will be happy to provide them. But, honestly, I don't have any indication of how long such an RP would take... might be a week, might be three years. (I've played in one-shots that lasted beyond a year.)
Style: It is a pub... at least try to get drunk. Won't judge you if you don't though.
About me as a Roleplayer: Balfur is just a social dwarf; he craves interaction. If that interaction be a fight or flinging darts at hobbits in Mordor: he doesn't care. but mostly n/a
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Balrog
Hey @Balfur! Glad you could drop by! I will this into the top of the page and we'll see what we can do about getting some craziness going on in your pub! I have a Dwarf character I'd like to stretch out so let's see who else we can entice.

Craftsman
@Frostbite Well, you know... dwarves are mostly anti-partial to being stretched out, but you know :grin:
By the way: the thread is: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=173
Also, did you guys already start with the pub crawl... mission.... quest... thing?
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Balrog
@Balfur We're still a ways out from the Pub Crawl! I think I've managed how to work the whole thing out and go kingdom to kingdom without too much disruption and enough random tasks to keep the drunken revelers happy, I'm just waiting for a lull in the major festivities before I launch it

Éowyn
Éowyn
Wanted: roleplayer to play a bad guy leader (minion, pre-determined character, but cannot give too many details here in case existing players may read this) + roleplayers who would like to make a minion npc who may or may not survive

Number of Characters: 1 bad guy leader, several minions

Location(s): Ranger RPG in Gondor

Desired Length of RP: post wise it doesn't need to be "Gondor-long" at zll, whatever feels right to you; rpg length is probably a number of months still

Style: serious, players would need to follow the storyline Oro and I thought out and not blab to Ranger roleplayers about it xD

About me as a Roleplayer: well in Ranger rpg's I tend to be a serious role player ;) in this rpg I am both the GM, playing a command npc character (and Oro's command npc character at the moment, too), and writing two Ranger characters... so it would be incredibly fun to have some actual other writers to write the enemy leader (we would have to coordinate behind the scenes a bit) and some players who want to write minions who get the chance to fight tarks!

Feel free to contact me on messenger/fb or through the plaza discord, or pass me along your contact info if you want to know more!
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Snaga
@Arnyn , let's talk.
-

May darkness, everlasting, old drown Manwë, Varda and the shining sun

Balrog
@Arnyn Count me in as well! Hit me up on Discord

Black Númenórean
I suppose as a minion also playing a ranger I'm out as you want to keep the evil plot a secret :tongue:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Éowyn
Éowyn
Moriel, yeaaaaaaaaaaah :p
WIll do, Frost :D
More minions are still welcome! :fence:
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Black Númenórean
@Arnyn - @Pele Alarion has convinced me to sign up as a minion if you still need people!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Éowyn
Éowyn
@Tarawen - ooooh, yes, please! But only if you really want to :tongue: I'll find you on discord to discuss things :grin:
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Balrog
Thank you @Pele Alarion! We need more minions! MOAR MINIONS!

Arien
Arien
WANTED: Legal personnel, jury members, audience gallery, and possibly substitute judges for the Halls of Injustice. Also, a character witness or two for @Arnyn and @Ta'leus Shieldsong

# OF CHARACTERS: the more, the mayhemer

WHERE? Mordor’s Halls of Injustice

DESIRED LENGTH: really, as much or as little as you like; but don’t leave me hanging if you want a crucial role like judging or jurying or champion for trial by combat. If you just want to throw eyeballs and peanuts at people, or offer poorly construed advice, do so as often and as lengthily or shortly as you wish

STYLE: Not canon, and not serious. Indeed, it’s going semi OOC.

ABOUT ME: hi I’m Sil catch me on discord if you wanna
cave anserem

Master Torturer
Wanted: An NPC father to Tom, a young boy who is in the Houses of Healing in MT. Thinking of the dad being a grumpy, mean drunk who has retired from the army after the war (MT is FA 2-5). Lost his wife when Tom was really young. Doesnt have a good relationship with Tom. How bad it is can be discussed. My character was there when Tom got knocked out and is blaming herself for his injuries, though wasnt actually the one who did it. She still thinks she can be arrested for it.

Number of Characters: 1

Location(s): MT viewtopic.php?f=11&t=121

Desired Length of RP: Dont know, depends on where this takes us, could be as little as a couple of posts and maybe go to something a bit longer depending on how it goes

Style: Serious

About me as a Roleplayer: You know me! :P

Balrog
Put it in the top post for ya @Winddancer!

Balrog
Alright @Winddancer I being nice and giving other people a chance to jump but they’re all too slow. If you’ll have me, I’d love to help out

Master Torturer
<3 Love you long time!!

Black Númenórean
Wanted: A player to RP Maenion, the IC older brother of Tarawen. While I've played Tara for a long time in different places, there is literally nothing established about him other than that he was supposed to be an herbalist (fudged the training a bit hehe) and now he's sick and maybe dying under @Pele Alarion's care at the Houses of Healing

Number of Characters: 1

Location(s): Minas Tirith

Desired Length of RP: TBD (Pele and I haven't plotted this whole thing out too much, and as it's uncertain whether he will survive his illness, there's plenty of wiggle room)

About me as a Roleplayer: I enjoy both goofy and serious RP but have definitely landed squarely on the side of goofy on Narvlaza thus far (I guess except AoA). This will be more serious and a chance to explore some character history in MT.

Master Torturer
Omg I want it! I held off, thinking someone else should get a shot at it, but I wanna do it, can I?? Please??

Black Númenórean
Of course you can, Windy! <3

Master Torturer
Wooohoo!!

Balrog
I love it when I don’t have to do anything and y’all just work it out before I can see it! :smooch:

Black Númenórean
Means you've set up a great system! :winkkiss:

Balrog
Wanted: A person to play a few shopkeepers and patrons for an information grabbing mission (I will give you the info rather than you having to come up with something yourself)

Number of Characters: 2-3 (easily playable by the same person)

Location(s): Umbar

Desired Length of RP: Just a quick interaction, likely no more than 3-4 posts. I could NPC the whole thing myself but it’s so much more fun and unpredictable with another person

About me as a Roleplayer: Pick a thread, I’m sure you’ll find me in there somewhere

Black Númenórean
I volunteer as tribute.