This is not the greatest thread in the world. No, this is just a tribute!

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Thain of The Mark
I’ve seen a lot of really positive and uplifting comments on Discord where people are appreciating each other’s work and thought that kind of encouragement and affirmation should be plaza-wide.

Back in the day on old plaza, rulers and admins could ‘tribute’ people for creative contributions, impressive role-play and well-informed posts. Now we all love points (preciousssss) but we also love being complimented and appreciated and told how awesome we are.

We don’t need rulers and tribute points to share the love. Post here if you want to say thank you to someone for their contribution, @Allafyrefleorhtlig mention them so they don’t miss it, and maybe even include a link to their post so we can all wonder at their amazing work.

I’ll get the ball rolling.

@Taethowen and @Gwai I really love how positive and responsive you have both been in the Mx Meduseld competition. I’m sure running that thread was challenging enough already, but when loads of role players started turning up and building an entirely new storyline you both nurtured that and went with it and it’s become easily one of my favourite RP experiences on the plaza ever.

Especially posts like this one of Taeth’s where she’s trying to bring all the disparate threads together at the same time as dealing with two characters storming out without giving her a chance to prove she IS inclusive and DOESN’T prejudice against orcs 😂
viewtopic.php?p=17364#p17364

And this post of Gwai’s where she is trying to find an IC way to allow a competitor to re-enter the competition after threatening to kill everyone 😂viewtopic.php?p=17484#p17484

Storyteller
I love the idea of this thread! I had been wondering about how we could celebrate the creativity, hard work and successes of our fellow Plazaites, and this thread is an excellent way to do that. 👏

And I must agree, the turns of events in the Miss/ter Meduseld competition have been quality and hilarious to read! 🤩

Warrior of Imladris
I'm enjoying the thoughtful and relevant GMing of the Rohirric Bathrub race, I appreciate the attention to detail - my thanks to @Elarith and @Aodh Hammerhelm for a fun game!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

New Soul
What a great idea, @Allafyrefleorhtlig!

I'll admit, the Mx Meduseld contest has been more challenging (but also more interesting!) than I'd anticipated! It has definitely become one of my favorite plaza RP experiences as well!

I'd like to send a shout out to @Lailyn. She had very thoughtful words of encouragement for all of her fellow competitors during MM, more than once, (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=307&start=50) and had great IC comments/questions in the last round which were appreciated. :smiley11:

Master Torturer
Awesome idea Alla!!

Totally appreciating everyones posts and loving that we got Plaza back! <3

And appreciate Turin and Frost for helping with my WD rp <3

Black Númenórean
I'd like to pile onto the praise for @Taethowen and @Gwai for handling the many curveballs that have been thrown at them as GMs of the M. Meduseld competition. It's been an incredibly fun thread both to participate in and to read.

I've also been reading through the Ages of Arda thread today to catch up a bit and must give a general shout out to ALL who have joined in and especially to @Aigronding Mordagnir for keeping approximately one billion storylines and characters straight, all while providing guidance to anyone who asks for it.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
Absolutely brilliant idea @Allafyrefleorhtlig! Allow me to heap praise upon you for your creation of Grobby, by far the most fascinating character I've interacted with on the Plaza. You are a genius!

I'll jump on the bandwagon and praise @Taethowen and @Gwai for managing to keep the chaos in their Mx Meduseld competition while maintaining the integrity of the event. You took on a nearly impossible task and made it into something beautiful and fun.

@Winddancer and @Moriel Umbar has been a blast with you two, I'm having so much fun with whatever the hell it is we're doing!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Dúnadan
I'm really glad the Plaza is back. This thread is a great idea @Allafyrefleorhtlig

The Tub Race has been awesome. Thanks @Elarith Raedbeard and @Aodh Hammerhelm Rustbucket for organising it.

Thanks too to my crazy team mate Léowine @Durien
man of gondor < Image > heart of rohan

Thain of The Mark
Awww, folks, you're all gonna make me cry. In the best way possible, of course, but OMG TEARS.

To be back here on the Plaza during such a difficult time of life for *everyone* is amazing and comforting in ways I never expected. The Plaza has been a grounding place for me before in the past (some, like @Thalionwen, remember that when I was first on the Plaza it was right as my youngest brother began a 6-month hospital stay for a very persistent staph infection) and it's been amazing to have it to turn to again.

I also want to do some shout-outs:

First and foremost to @Gwai, for helping with the logistical behind-the-scenes side of M. Meduseld, but also for rolling with the punches as the RP-drama went insane.

Second, @Thalionwen for the *inspired* hilarity of the Cheese Incident.

Then @Frostbite for being game for what was initially a prank relationship between Frost/Taeth to put Thalio in stitches but then turned into more as our IC personas went "heeeeeey, this person's actually pretty neat and we need a full-blown romance." Frost, I've said it privately, but want to say it again here: You are a talented writer and it is an honor and pleasure to get to explore these characters more together.

And last but not least, I need to mention @Allafyrefleorhtlig. She came into an existing RP (the Rohan Minion Mayhem of 2020, apparently, LOL), helped us smooth over some plot things and set a definitive end-goal, and also got incredibly excited at being able to be a part of the existing story. But also for Grobby. Because even if you haven't interacted with Grobby, Grobby is *amazing*.
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Ent Ancient
@Allafyrefleorhtlig - I just LOVE this. Thank you for starting such a positive thread! :smiley17:

I do want to echo the appreciation for everyone running threads in the Rohan Summer Festival (I chose not to tag them all because it might be excessive, but I hope they see this)! I am sad I've not been able to participate in them all, but I am peeping in at them and I'm happy to see they've all been really successful and people are having fun!

Aw, thank you kindly, @Gwai. :smiley24:

I'd like to shout out to @Amhran and @Wamba_the_Fool for their heartwarming IC reunion in Fields & Forests in conjunction with an interesting plotline involving a dead Haradrim. Amhran's first post made me literally LOL at my computer and now I am quite keen to see how this story grows.

Balrog
Another quick, but very important, shout out goes to @Thalionwen for the amazing arc she's pulling off over in On the Rocks. From coming to drag her orcish husband out of the bar to adopting and co-parenting a tiny lizard creature with me, it has all been inspired, hilarious, and wonderfully written. You should all go check it out!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Storyteller
I just wanted to actually congratulate ALL OF US! At this point, according to the statistics at the bottom of the main page, we are 199 members and together we have made 18,650 posts. :shock: That's an average of almost 100 posts per member, which is really just awesome. What a revival this has been! 👏

Loremaster of Gondor
This kind of reminds me of the ARPYs from the old plaza.

No problem @Winddancer. It's been fun doing the rp. I may have to continue reading the story to see how it goes.

It may be cheating, but I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the rp that @Nessa Saelind, @Red Daghul, and I are doing in Gondor where my character is reconciling with Nessa after being gone for three years.
Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy- Stonewall Jackson
Hubris guarantees disaster.- T C

Master Torturer
Dwim wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:50 amI just wanted to actually congratulate ALL OF US! At this point, according to the statistics at the bottom of the main page, we are 199 members and together we have made 18,650 posts. :shock: That's an average of almost 100 posts per member, which is really just awesome. What a revival this has been! 👏
Even more impressive to me, it's only been 53 days since the Nu Plaza opened its doors to non alpha testers, meaning we've averaged about 350 posts per day over the past not quite two months. That's very far from what the OG Plaza had in its heyday, but it's comparable to where we were in the early 2010s (with a much larger user base back then) and many times what the Plaza had in its final years of existence. I was initially afraid that things would collapse after two weeks, but we seem to have found a steady rhythm. As someone who has watched the precipitous decline of basically every surviving Tolkien forum over the past half-decade and more, seeing the Plaza spring back into immediate and vibrant life is an indescribable joy. :smiley24:
Loremistress Emerita | she/her

Doorwarden of The Mark
Aww, thanks @Lirimaer and @Calimir ! Everyone in the Tub Race were great sports, you all made it a lot of fun and I'm glad people enjoyed it.

I'm sure I had someone else to thank but it's gone out of my head. :(

Wow, we have done a lot of posting!

Chieftain of The Mark
@Calimir @Lirimaer @Elarith Thanks for the feedback and thanks to you all for making 2020's Tub Challenge a (whitewater) roaring success. I loved the singing phase of the race.

Trots off to dust off the Boogie Knights thread
:whip: @Eléowyn
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Elven Enchanter
Just want to have a shout out to @Taethowen, @Thalionwen, @Dwarrow Elf, @Frostbite, @Tarawen, @Sil, and @Allafyrefleorhtlig (and I'm probably forgetting some, so alert me if I did) for being party of the Rohan Minion shenanigans. It's been great fun so far and I'm excited to see how this adventure is going to continue to develop.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Master Torturer
Eldy Dunami wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:23 pm
Dwim wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:50 amI just wanted to actually congratulate ALL OF US! At this point, according to the statistics at the bottom of the main page, we are 199 members and together we have made 18,650 posts. :shock: That's an average of almost 100 posts per member, which is really just awesome. What a revival this has been! 👏
Even more impressive to me, it's only been 53 days since the Nu Plaza opened its doors to non alpha testers, meaning we've averaged about 350 posts per day over the past not quite two months. That's very far from what the OG Plaza had in its heyday, but it's comparable to where we were in the early 2010s (with a much larger user base back then) and many times what the Plaza had in its final years of existence. I was initially afraid that things would collapse after two weeks, but we seem to have found a steady rhythm. As someone who has watched the precipitous decline of basically every surviving Tolkien forum over the past half-decade and more, seeing the Plaza spring back into immediate and vibrant life is an indescribable joy. :smiley24:
What she said!

Thain of The Mark
Dimcairien Luiniel wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:16 pm Just want to have a shout out to @Taethowen, @Thalionwen, @Dwarrow Elf, @Frostbite, @Tarawen, @Sil, and @Allafyrefleorhtlig (and I'm probably forgetting some, so alert me if I did) for being party of the Rohan Minion shenanigans. It's been great fun so far and I'm excited to see how this adventure is going to continue to develop.
@Gwai too, and @Sil (although they have mostly just been owning the competition) plus a couple of new faces joining us... so much fun!

Balrog
Taethowen wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:13 pm
Then @Frostbite for being game for what was initially a prank relationship between Frost/Taeth to put Thalio in stitches but then turned into more as our IC personas went "heeeeeey, this person's actually pretty neat and we need a full-blown romance." Frost, I've said it privately, but want to say it again here: You are a talented writer and it is an honor and pleasure to get to explore these characters more together.
I'm having so much fun! Getting to do some character development with a rather sinister character and developing softer sides as been great and I'm glad I get to do it with such a talented writer as well! :smiley8:
Dimcairien Luiniel wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:16 pm Just want to have a shout out to @Taethowen, @Thalionwen, @Dwarrow Elf, @Frostbite, @Tarawen, @Sil, and @Allafyrefleorhtlig (and I'm probably forgetting some, so alert me if I did) for being party of the Rohan Minion shenanigans. It's been great fun so far and I'm excited to see how this adventure is going to continue to develop.
Same to you! You're a part of what's making that story so much fun, the randomness and absolute chaos has been crazy fun and I'm so glad I get to a part of it with all of you!

Elder of Imladris
I'd like to thank @Dwarrow Elf for the Hobbit INSANITY in Mordor. I've participated in the Rivendell thread a few years ago and was delighted to find out you continued it here as well; especially after reading through the thread and continuously laughing. It was brilliant, Rivvy. Also thanks to all the actors, cardboards, and other creatures: you were simply hilarious. Can't wait for the continuation in Fangorn!

Warrior of Imladris
I echo the praise for @Dwarrow Elf ... it was a very terrible troll production carried off with an excess of hubris and stage-hogging which was a helluva lotta fun! :smiley9:
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Melkor
Melkor
@Dimcairien Luiniel Why thank you. Let us see how it goes on the other side when it is all completed :D

@Nolewen Hi Nolewen! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a miracle that the Wayback Machine managed to save a copy of that original Rivendell thread so it made it easier on me to transition it to Mordor. Thanks indeed go to all the actors, cardboards, and other creatures! Hopefully the Fangorn one will be just as fun.

@Lirimaer Oh yes the production was quite ehhh, bad, and it got a bad review from the Middle-Earth equivalent of Roger Ebert. Which therefore made it gloriously fun! Thank you for lending your ears and talent to the production!

New Soul
@Turin Ringhûn thank you! *hug* I'm enjoying creating this story too. And before I forget I have to thank you for bearing with my manic production of ideas at odd hours! And for not thinking I'm a complete fruit basket :lol:

I'd also like to give a shout out to @Durien who organised the Gondorian games which have been tremendous fun to follow, although keeping up with the quiz in The High Warden's Memorial Match is a challenge in and of itself. Well done! *hugs* :thumbs:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
I would like to second the applause owed to @Durien, for not only waking sometimes at insane hours and committing her time to hosting the hilarious, high-speed anarchy that is the Trivia Contest, but also for her interaction and creativity within the Queen's Quest; a wonderful game which encourages all and any participants to partake in a kingdom some people have traditionally been intimidated by, at a speed and level which they are all comfortable with. :clap:

Also, to @Moriel, whose writing and wit can draw me anywhere to read the outpourings of her epic imagination. This shout-out hardly even needs an explanation beyond 'for being Moriel'. :thumbs:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Esquire of The Mark
I want to give a shout out to @Arnyn @Shivased and @Turin Ringhûn all of whom are indulging a slowly bubbling cauldron with at least two of them having no idea where this is going...

Also @Bereth and @Amadhrill for their enthusiast support and helping feel my descent into the Campian like a real moment after over a decade of 'no weapon shall touch my hand's.
Kill-Stealing Skirt Wench
When others ride out to win renown, let me chosen to tend the house.

Knight of The Mark
Awesome idea Alla!

I would like to shout out to @Allafyrefleorhtlig, @Gwai, @Eldrith, @Taethowen, @Aodh Hammerhelm, @Elarith, @Thalionwen, @Aethelu, and @Bereth for all their help putting together a Summer Festival in Rohan! I had an idea and they all jumped in to help, coming up with ideas, creating banners, advertising, running threads and generally being amazing!

Thain of The Mark
@Shivased <3 <3 <3 Thank YOU for being willing to step and initiate the coordination! I only ran a single thread and it's still such an effort of love.
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Esquire of The Mark
Thank you @Eldrith! And a double shoutout to you because 1) its your wedding day (happy aniversary)! And much more in tune with this thread 2) for having a way of making me a somewhat confident rper after a decade away from that skill!

Also, I want to mention @Shivased and @Rowena Ellenweorc for resurrecting the cavalry, my other home here on the plaza!
Hælend of Meduseld

Black Númenórean
@Ercassie as always you are too kind :smooch: I could say similar things about you!!

@Frostbite "whatever the hell it is we're doing" seems to describe the start of pretty much everything we do, and I'm STOKED about all of it. Thanks for being such a good and giving plotting/writing partner and a minion after my own black heart.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Arien
Arien
Thank you @Aerlinn for your beautiful banners! They brighten up our headers and make AoA SO much easier to follow
cave anserem

Healer of Imladris
Aw, me? Thanks @Sil :smooch: The secret is that I just wanted to make it easier to find things in AOA for myself. :lol:

Since I'm here...shout out to @KingODuckingham for HILARIOUS levels and options in The Tower's Ascent. And to @Durien for waking up at crazy hours so that us folks in weird time zones can do trivia. Sorry I'm so far behind on the rest of the Gondorian Games!
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Thain of The Mark
Be sure to check out the new Admin Tribute thread "You have a Point, I'll give you that", where you can nominate people to receive lovely tribute points for their wonderful contributions.

New Soul
*dusts cobwebs from the thread*

I am very, very late for giving praise to @Tarawen for The Kumiho post that was made by the end of December in the Ever On thread. :embarrassed: But better late than never right? Right? I can't really remember what really reminded me of this post, last night, but I went to reread it (had to rack my brain to figure out where I saw it :lol: Woman of a Certain Age™ here) and it was once again reminded how superbly this was written and how Tara's skill really made the Kumiho feel like a part of Middle Earth in the First Age. <3 And since I'm here can I offer treats for a sequel or another episode of the Kumiho, please? :smooch:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Black Númenórean
Aww thank you, @A Good Wife! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! There will definitely be more Kumiho tales to come... :grin:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.