There and Back Again Office

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Storyteller
Good luck with your thesis, Androthelm. We'll miss you too!

Black Númenórean
Apologies to anyone anywhere who's been waiting on me for anything, and for any delays in updating my games- I've been working on an absolutely massive and very sudden application and I'm aaaaaaaalmost done but it's sucking up every ounce of energy and focus I have at the moment :googly:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
Praying for you success, @FROM HERE TO THERE :headbang: . We miss you but we'll patiently wait. Good to know you're almost done. Focus on what you need to and then come play :winkkiss: .
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Storyteller
Good luck with this application, @FROM HERE TO THERE. No need to apologise to us!

Loremaster of the Herd
Androthelm wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm Sorry I haven't been better about posting this previously, but I am absolutely swamped for the foreseeable future with trying to do research what with the whole Pandemic thing. Hopefully once I've hammered out a draft of my thesis in a week or two I should be back and posting more regularly.

Miss all y'all :grouphug:
...back? am I back? working on a second draft of my thesis so I might not be as active as I was over the summer, but I am tentatively back.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Master Torturer
We will take what we can get!! <3

High Lord of Imladris
Welcome back Andro! missed having you about! Am sure we shall have more fun adventures AND HOPEFULLY we can avoid further mazes lol

Storyteller
I am more than tentatively glad to see you back, @Androthelm!

Balrog
Hey guys! I disappeared for a month without warning and I'm sorry about that. Truth be told I burned out then started getting back into my horror writing roots (scripts and short stories at the moment) and didn't want to break it up with RP posting because the styles are so vastly different. I can't promise I'll be as crazy active as I was before but I will try and write stuff up a few times a week. Sorry about that!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Welcome back Frost!! <3

Black Númenórean
Woooo, welcome back, @Fleeg! Reg will be glad to have his bRo around from time to time. Good to see you!!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
Wellcome back Frost *hugs* I hope your horror writing is going horrifically good :D
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
Good to see you back, @Fleeg ! I hope you're horror-writing is going chillingly well! I'm happy to know you'll still be RP'ing here. Let me know if you still are committed to Sauron for AoA, friend! We'll need him a lot in Mantle of Darkness going forward. Once NaNoWriMo is over, I'll be updating the RPG more.

Edit: Glad to hear from you today on Discord and even happier knowing you'll still be Sauron! :headbang:
Last edited by Eriol on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

High Lord of Imladris
Welcome back @Fleeg glad to have you back!

Black Númenórean
Welcome back Frosty friend :smooch:

Elven Enchanter
Hey there @Fleeg! I wondered where you had gone off to. You've certainly been missed around here.

Storyteller
Hi everyone. 🤠 Sorry to disappear for a couple of weeks like I did. I've had a LOT of distractions IRL. December is always a drainer for me, but this time especially so with illnesses in the family, a car accident involving a big ol' truck, alongside the usual pre-Christmas mayhem. I'm hoping to find time to pop in more often, but my time here will continue to be limited for a while. It's nice to see everyone's virtual faces again though!

Balrog
Yikes! I’m glad you’re alright! In any case, be safe, be happy, and don’t do anything too crazy. Jorgy will miss his pal Dwim in the meantime.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Yikes Dwim! Stay safe!

Black Númenórean
Aww Dwim, we treasure any time you’ve got to spend here. Glad you are okay, and stay safe! <3

New Soul
Attempting to be back again. Teaching this past semester just took very ounce of energy out of me. Not sure how well I'll dive back in as I'm not great at extensive RP (pubs are more my jam), and I'm terrible at games - especially trivia.
she/her

Balrog
Well pubs galore are awaiting you! It's good to have you back, in whatever capacity :grin:

Black Númenórean
O friends I wanted to write so many posts this month but as many of you know I am moving to Hawaii for grad school; I fly on Saturday the 2nd and am deep in the panic frenzy of getting rid of most of my worldly goods, storing others, and packing some to take with me, as well as stressing out about a condo that hasn't sold yet/trying to sell said condo! So please expect very little of my until after this coming weekend when I have moved :smooch:

New Soul
Good luck with the packing and coordinating everything :smooch: If you're a list-making person make a list, it's so satisfying when you tick everything as done and you know that you haven't forgotten something. :lol:
She/her.

Black Númenórean
My desk is covered in sticky notes of lists and the sticky notes are in different columns depending on the state of doneness of the list :googly:

Loremaster of the Herd
@A Son From Wish congratulations on grad school and best of luck with the move. Hope your flight (yesterday?) went well!

Healer of Imladris
*checks calendar*
*winces*

Oof. Hey folks, sorry for my disappearance. It wasn't one particular thing, just there was always *some*thing to do between holiday stuff and catching up with work after the holidays and blah blah blah. I kept thinking 'I'll get to the Plaza tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow...'and now it's mid-January! And I'm *supposed* to be planning lessons right now. Ugh.

But I'll be going through CoLP hopefully tonight and I've been thinking over @Winddancer's short story thread for weeks now. Then I'll try to, you know, RP something. Hope everyone's doing alright!
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Master Torturer
Yay! Let me know if you need an extension, would looove to see what you come up with <3 <3

Black Númenórean
I know I've been a bit scarce the last couple of weeks and would just like to share that it's due to (a) the world being extremely stressful right now and (b) being in the midst of a pretty intense job search. Hoping to get back to posting more regularly soonish! If anyone's waiting on me for anything, please tag me and I'll do my best to get to it. :smile:

High Lord of Imladris
I am not quite as active as normal - I am currently in the midst of the final stages of moving to a location that doesn't currently have any means of getting internet until I install a massive tower... I do have internet at my parents (which is close-ish by - 20 minute drive as well as at work again 20 minute drive) So I am working on keeping IK racing updated (I know I missed a few days because was trapped up at my new house becuase of ice storm) but will try to post other places as well as often as I can get my laptop connected. I expect the internet to be installed at my new house over the next few weeks hopefully. Lords It better not be months.

High Lord of Imladris
@Annúnfalas Well I have had the chance to read your black swans post and it was most magnificent. I will hopefully be replying to it later today if I can, as I am in Winnipeg for a short while and have nothing else to do except eat, sleep and use my laptop...

I look forward to having you back and seeing more posts from you in the threads you run as well as Black Swans when you are able to return

Master Torturer
Take care @Annúnfalas! <3 See you on the flip side!

Black Númenórean
@Annúnfalas hoping your relocation goes smoothly and you're back with us soon :smooch:

Ent Ancient
@Tarawen good luck with the job hunt!
@Fuin Elda good luck with internet/new home!
@Annúnfalas, I am sorry to hear that. Take care and we look forward to seeing you back when you are re-settled. :smooch:

to everyone - :grouphug:

Balrog
Hello dear friends and valued colleagues! As you might have noticed my activity has dropped off a fair amount recently.

The reason for this is simple: a frantic, last-second, adrenaline filled move. At the start of last week I had no idea where I was going to live, that last second. But things have worked out relatively in my favor and the move itself was completed yesterday. The next few days will thusly be filled with unpacking and figuring out the layout of my new home.

I promise that once I’m settled in again my activity will pick up again and I’ll be as all over the place as I normally am. I know I have a few of you waiting on responses and I truly appreciate your patience with me. Give me a few days and all will be as it should be.

Love you all!

Khazad Elder
Bye for the now ✌️
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
I'm overjoyed you have somewhere to be now and won't have to be gone as long as I feared, @Annúnfalas ! I'm excited you'll be in Cirdan's Court still and I'll anticipate your settling in when ready ⚘. Good luck with the transition, mi amiga. If you need a comforting friend to listen, I'm only a message away.

Missed you, Frost! I'm happy things have worked out and that your new stage in life is taking shape.

High Lord of Imladris
News from my front - I will officially have full interwebs back in my new house come Feb 11th, one way or another I'll have enough connection to be on here at least! So 10 more days until I am fully back here but will continue to try to pop on ever few days.

New Soul
I hope everyone can get settled into their new homes :grouphug: and replace the chaos of moving with the comforts of a new home. Fingers crossed for all of you lovely people and we'll see you on the other side :grouphug:
She/her.

Black Númenórean
Thank you, @Lailyn!

Hope everyone who is experiencing change/transition is settling in and doing well. <3

As for me, my job search is done, which means I should have much more free time for the real fun stuff: Plaza-ing with you all! I have a long list of things to write and I'll be doing my best to catch up soon. :grin:

Loremaster of the Herd
Congratulations @Tarawen on the successful job search!! Thrilled to have you back, of course.

Black Númenórean
Thank you so much, @Androthelm! <3

Elven Enchanter
Hey all, it's been a minute since I've been active on the Plaza, though I have been around on the discord. In January, I started teaching an online TK/Kindergarten class three mornings a week, which has consumed a lot of mental energy. That, and everything else surrounding the fact that I have four part-time jobs has made life interesting recently to say the least. Hopefully I can pull myself out of the non-writing rut I've been in since the start of the year, but whether or not I consistently post, this community means a lot to me.

New Soul
It's good to see you back @Dimcairien Luiniel (and my favourite Rohir to) :smooch: I hope your schedule has stabilised, because that sounds absolutely exhausting for this Woman of a Certain Age™ :googly:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Welcome back! <3

High Lord of Imladris
It took an extra 2 weeks from the 11th to get the interwebs... The company swore UP and down and six ways from Sunday I couldn't get the LTE (which my options are radio wave Internet which is the LTE or Satelitte which with this company is literal garbage) Installers came out I have a better signal because I'm UP the hill and pointing DOWN at the tower than my parents that are level with the tower.

We have utter success. So yes. I am back fully. Racing is going to be back updated normally from now on regardless of if I am in Winnipeg doing shop close out or if I am up north doing shop set up and house set up. Life is good.

Also my DnD group is rejoicing.... They are getting their first session since November when I packed up my PC and put it into storage until I could set it up again.

New Soul
Glad to have you back in the saddle, @Fuin Elda :headbang: !

And have fun with your DnD group :hobbyhorse: ! My next meet is next week (rhymes).

New Soul
Awesome to see the internet(s) situation sorted @Fuin Elda and you can cross that off the to do list and enjoy life *hugs*
She/her.

New Soul
Hello folks

I am once again typing from the worlds slowest computer and I hope it won't crash on me before I finish this note :lol: I'm on vacation from tomorrow and I did plan to be more active on the Plaza, but alas my home internet decided, for some strange reason (honestly I think it's because of my inapropriate ARPY comments :lol: ), that the Plaza is the only website I can't access.

Don't know why, it's beyond my skill to heal. Maybe it's a glitch, maybe I'm in an episode of The Outer Limits/Twilight Zone, maybe my internet is trying to communicate with me and tell me something, maybe it's nothing... :shrug: Who even knows at this point :lol: Anyway, apparently I won't be on the Plaza much until that sorts itself out, but I'm not writing the script for my requiem yet :lol: You can still find me on Discord or via mail if you need me or want to talk to me about anything and everything. To quote Monty Python: I'M NOT DEAD! :lol: Don't be strangers :smooch:

I'll miss you and your wonderful stories. See you on the other side :grouphug:

P.S. If I need to vote for something, poke me and I'll do my Plaza duty :winkkiss:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Have you tried a different browser?