There and Back Again Office

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Healer of Imladris
Erm. So clearly my last come back did not really go very well happen at all. Miss you guys and hope to at least start poking my nose around again and scribbling off a few quick posts. *mutters something about dogs and competitions and obstacle courses woof woof*
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Master Torturer
Welcome back all the same!

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:30 am Have you tried a different browser?
It was actually internet related. :lol: The router took a nice wee nap and it feels better :lol: So I'm back, well I'll start posting RP response on Monday just in case :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Lord of Imladris
So I'm going to be fairly busy this weekend, I'm not entirely sure just how busy, but if I'm not answering or posting quickly even if I"m on it's probably because I"m on my phone and doing any large amount of RPing with copy paste work is a bit of a nightmare. I'll be back late Sunday night though for certain.

New Soul
All the turtles rejoice! You might have time to catch up on those posts! :lol: Have a great, if busy, weekend Fuin and we'll see you on the other side. :smooch:
She/her.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
I am going to be away from home for the next three or four days, so aside from glancing at the most frantic eye catching of messages on IM, I will not be around online until at least Wednesday evening at the earliest. I did hope to have updated a few more post places before retiring to bed tonight, but there have been a good many RL distractions, related to the impending occasion. So anything else I am owing anyone at the moment will have to wait until I return. I am sure you are used to waiting for me anyway by this point, and so will hopefully not even notice the difference. :tongue: :winkkiss:

Apologies and all of that. Til then.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Warden of Tower
@Ercassie A good occasion for me to catch up and add a few more things to your neverending list. :tongue:

New Soul
Have fun on your 4 day adventure @Ercassie :smooch: Don't forget to pack a handkerchief! Remember poor Bilbo :tongue:
She/her.

Steward of Gondor
See you when you return Ercassie, hope all goes well and everything :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

New Soul
For those of you who are waiting on RP responses from me and might be wondering why I'm quiet: I needed to take a little break from writing because I was a bit tired from work and not really in the mood to sit at the computer after. However, worry yea not, I'll respond to anything that needs responding soonish. Bear with, it shouldn't be long. :winkkiss:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Holy cow! I am SO sorry for being MIA for SO long!

The move proved a lot more taxing than what I was expecting (isn't that always the case??) On top of that, adapting to the new store and then BAM 5 weeks later a NEW JOB! No more customers!!! I am OVER THE MOON happy to not be serving customers anymore :clap: they are more evil than even Sauron could imagine..

Anyways, so now I am a medical clerk at a hospital up north (well south of me lol) and will become a medical scanner soon as I joined just before it goes live where they (we!) have to transfer ALL paper records to the computer. I am so stoked as I love filing and sorting stuff (comes from genealogy). Have been in the job a week now, which is of course crazy as there is a lot of e-learning and scrambling to get it all ready for launch on the 15th of Nov. Its gonna be insane, but loving it so far :D

I am REALLY sorry for holding all the stories up that I am in and can only profusely apologise! It might be a lil bit longer before I get my brain back into writing mode, but I will get there as I miss this place so much! <3

EDIT: oops, I think we were in the middle of transferring posts back, we still doing that? And am I needed for one of them?

Khazad Elder
Welcome back!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

High Lord of Imladris
@Winddancer welcome back honestly best reason to be MIA is moving to something you love that's exciting so glad to have you back... The only one I think that we are waiting on is the Rohan Healers for reposting? Not sure on any others but it can wait a little longer if needed!

Steward of Gondor
Glad to hear that you've got a better job and all, @Winddancer ! There is one post left for you to put in that one RP, as Dina, so that I can post mine as Ric, and then we're caught up in that RP as far as reposting.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Master Torturer
Thanks guys! <3

I think I put them up correctly, let me know if it was the wrong ones! <3

High Warden of Tower
Well, that is quite a lot of stuff going on, Windy! But it is nice to see you around here for a bit again! :wink:

Ent Ancient
Hi @Winddancer!! Ooo congrats on the new new job! :smooch: I think Fuin and Rill have you covered on the re-posting as far as I know. Good to see you!

New Soul
Welcome back Windy! :smooch: :grouphug: I'm so happy you're not in customer service, it's one of the worst jobs ever! Looks like the new job is going to be exciting and interesting, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.
She/her.

Master Torturer
Thanks guys! <3

New Soul
Heya Windy, good to have you back! :smooch:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Black Númenórean
Welcome back, Windy! :encore:

I just realized I never actually posted here with my recent quiet spell! My semester has been wild, work has been challenging (normally there's two people in my department and this semester there's only one), and recently I've also been dealing with a parental health scare. + various other stressors and I haven't had much time to sit down and enjoy writing lately :brickwall: I'm still around on discord, if a little quiet there too, and hopefully before too long I'll be able to get back to some posting :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Ent Ancient
Sending you good wishes and hugs, Moriel. :smooch: will be glad to see you writing again whenever you are able!

Master Torturer
Thanks guys! And hope things slow down for you too Moriel :)

Arien
Arien
Sorry all you cool kids I’ve been off sick but I’ll be back with more dumpster fire goodness real soon
cave anserem

Master Torturer
Awww! hope you feel better soon! <3

New Soul
Sending support hugs :grouphug: to everyone under the weather and swamped with work/life/whathaveyou.

I've been feeling meh creativity wise, so that's why everyone who's been waiting on me to post something or respond to something is, unfortunately, still waiting... I'm on vacation until the end of the week and I hope this bit of R&R will kickstart something creative so I can get those posts up sometime sooner rather than later. :lol: Anyway, I'm still here, reading, just being quiet is all.
She/her.

New Soul
Nessa: Enjoy the vacation!

All sick: Stay safe and I hope you feel better soon! :thumbs:

High Warden of Tower
I might join the quietness party. :googly: Have been struggling with on-off/flickering electricity issue for quite a while. Called the house manager, and she sent electricians to look at it - apparently one of the main cables is old/damaged. They couldn't fix it right away and told me to live carefully with household appliances until they report it and someone fixes it. I wonder if other apartments were not affected at all, since it seems that no one else complained. So yeah... no cooking for a while, and not sure how I'll work. So I might disappear for a while unless I figure out how to charge the laptop without burning it, or something.

Loremaster of the Herd
Well, I suppose I'm back.

Been bouncing around in Lore for a week or so. Generally settled in, though, to a new apartment and a new job in a new state. Glad to be back! And hope everyone who is out nowadays is having an alright time. Pele I hope your electricity gets sorted!
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Master Torturer
Yikes, Pele! :O

Welcome back @Androthelm! <3

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Welcome back @Androthelm. :smile:

Pretty much same for me. I have a bit more time on hand during the holiday so I'm lurking less and posting more.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Ent Ancient
It's great to see you both back, Andro and Boro!

Pele, good thing you have all those birds to watch now... :winkkiss: hope your power gets fixed up soon (and that you can stay warm in the meantime)!

Balrog
Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been quite MIA lately. Suffice to say, things have been a bit off for me lately, a mixture of boredom and burnout coupled with my personal life going a bit tits up and medical issues that have forced me to get up close and personal with the US healthcare system.

I'm sorry I just disappeared without warning. I'm not saying this to say I'm coming back because I'm not really sure if I will or if I am then when I will be coming back. I just thought you all deserved a bit more than crickets and empty air from me. I hope you have all been doing well in the two months or so that it's been.

Of course, if you haven't noticed I was gone then feel free to ignore this message entirely
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
*CLINGS*!! I neeed you back! <3

New Soul
Frost, I hope the worst part of your problems (medical and otherwise) is behind you, or at least showing signs that it will be over soon. :grouphug: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out well for you. As for the Plaza, we're here, maybe a bit quieter than usual, but still here whenever you feel comfortable and have the motivation and energy to come back. We're all here for you.
She/her.

Black Númenórean
What Nessa said!! I hope your navigations of the US healthcare system ( :rage: ) have been productive and your health is cooperative and your burnout is in recovery. I think we all understand that life has its ups and downs, I sure do lately! We're here when you want to play :smooch: :grouphug: :whip:

Ent Ancient
I hope things improve for you soon, Frost, and that you find your creative spark again. :smooch:

In the meantime, some birbs like to eat crickets, would you mind very much if I had a wee snack? :tongue: :winkkiss:

New Soul
I am back, finally!

@Pele Alarion do you have electricity sorted yet? I sure hope so.
fka Ann Kalagon, Hyandaner

Mae Govannen, my friends!

High Warden of Tower
@Frost Post or no, but do take good care of yourself!

@Ankala Teaweed Well... Nah. But it seems they have at least figured out the repair costs and might get to doing something at some point in future. So tired of not being able to cook, have all the lights switched on, and... dirty laundry piled up ceiling-high.

New Soul
Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop in quickly to write a few words about my continuous absence.

You might, or might not have noticed that I haven't been present on the Plaza either in RP or otherwise and that I mainly show up to do my part in the ARPY nomination thread. This is, mainly, due to health reasons - my own and those of my parents.

I won't talk about it much, I just wanted to let you know why I'm not here with you now and why I (for the foreseeable future) won't be here frequently. To everyone I owe something, an RP post, a response, an essay or whathaveyou, I offer my sincere apologies. Life is what it is and right now it's a bit Darwin so... :shrug: Hopefully things will get better soon and I'll be here more regularly.
She/her.

Ent Ancient
*hugs* :heart: @Nessa Saelind.

been quite absent myself between life, busyness, and stuff. I'm trickling posts in when I can like a slowly leaking faucet.

Balrog
I’ve been weighing a lot of things over the past week, and I think I’ve come to a conclusion. Dear friends and colleagues and such, it is time for me to walk into the desert into semi-retirement. I’ve started a new job recently that leaves me quite exhausted and doesn’t leave me with much time to do the things I love: writing, reading, and audio drama listening. I need to find a way to fit those things into my life because otherwise I’m going to go insane, and no one needs an insane bear running around the borderlands. I want to use my writing time more sagely that I have perhaps in the past. Over the last 2 years I’ve likely written the equivalent of 2-3 fantasy novels on the site and yet no agents or publishing companies are knocking at me door to publish me. I need to focus more on real world writing opportunities. I have loved writing here, my skills have sharpened, been challenged, and grown in the last 2 years and I have a lot of you to thank for that. My fantasy writing has vastly improved. I want to focus on my horror writing again and there’s not a lot of room for me to do that here, I want to write a Madeline Miller style story about Callisto, I want to write a saga about Frost and the Frostdóttirs, nautical horror with Finnbarr, lesbian reincarnation romance with Yoshiyo, and so on and so forth. I cannot thank you all enough for the time and patience you have given me (well some of you anyways). I still intent to be around here and there and I will do my best to finish any story I’ve started with you all (though at a much slower rate than before) and I’ll pop in to write a random poem or playlist analysis or whatnot, and of course I’ll be on discord (even if I’m not you can find me), I might even start a Twitch channel where you can hear me ramble nonsense as I try to write, who knows. Thank you all, you have made this bear very happy and that is a debt I will never truly be able to repay.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
@Mr. Underash my dear friend, while I'll miss you being around as much, I wholeheartedly support your writing ambitions and can't wait to see where they take you! And any writing you do here will be all the more precious :grin: :smooch:

Master Torturer
Sad times :( But I totally understand <3

New Soul
Frost: Sad indeed, but good luck over there! And I hope your goals will be a success. :thumbs:

Khazad Elder
Hey @Mr. Underash -Frost! Good luck with your writing! And please do come and play from time to time. The plaza will be different without seeing many/entertaining/beautiful posts from you.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Craftsman of Gondor
Mae govannen. I have been 'there' for some time now, only dropping in for a quick read. I have been immersed in a big collaborative writing project that has taken most of my free time. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will ne more 'back again' and will get things going for myself here. Stay well everyone.
Annalist, Physician, & Historian
of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
The Free Company of Arnor

Master Torturer
You too Hanasian!

Healer of Imladris
*sniff sniff* woof? *sniff sniff*
People, I'm hoooooooooooooooooome! Who has treats?

Long time no post, but the Plaza has been increasingly on my mind as I do everything except write. I'm hoping to kick myself into gear (and I missed all the yellow)! :grin: Anyways, I'm going to try to pick a couple of threads/games to hang out in and finish. Or else hopefully you can find me puttering around the Cottage.

I've been in and out of the Discord so I don't feel too much a stranger, but :heart: :heart: to those I haven't seen in, oh gosh, has it been about a year now? Hope y'all have been reading good books, surviving spring snows, and otherwise doing well. :smooch:
Last edited by Yávië on Sun May 01, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Master Torturer
Welcome back! :D