There and Back Again Office

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Storyteller
There and Back Again Office

Is life getting too busy for you to post as much as you'd like?
Are you going on vacation and won't be able to visit the Plaza for a while?
Have you simply had enough of us and want a break!?
Or are you making your triumphant return?

If any of those describe you, then this is the place to announce it.

The TaBA Office was an old Shire thread, only meant for hobbits to make these sorts of announcements. @Istya Alassea recently noted the absence of such a thread. I thought since we're a tight-knit community, it might be a good idea to host the thread here in OoME so anyone can post.

Guidelines:

- I would recommend posting your going away or returning announcement in bold so that it doesn't get missed amongst any other chit chat in the thread.

- If you're going away, this may a good place to request thread-running help for any activities you currently run (if you feel that's necessary)

Storyteller
Ok, so maybe I opened this thread for slightly self-centred reasons... I'll be away from home for three weeks starting tomorrow. My partner and I are going on a get away trip. Work has been incredibly stressful for the both of us through COVID times and we desperately need a break. We're only travelling within our state though, as COVID restrictions on my side of Australia mean we can't enter other states.

I'll do my best to get on here when I can! Apologies to those in the Periannath Walking Club, my posts may be few and far between, but I'll try and move things along with a post tonight if I can get there. Anyone in there, feel free to move things along through Green-Hill Country in a reasonable manner. But I promise in three week's time I'll be back to my regular prompts!

Also to anyone whose activities I'm playing in, sorry in advance for the absence.

Thanks everyone and if I don't find any time to post here, I'll miss you all.
(If I do find time to post, please conveniently ignore this announcement.)

Black Númenórean
Are you a mind reader? Because I seriously thought earlier today about making a thread like this! Enjoy your trip :pokey:

In my case, it's not notice of an absence, but apologies for one that is hopefully now over! I wasn't really absent, but the last ~2 weeks have been pretty rough for various reasons and I've gotten little to nothing written. So apologies and thanks to those who have been waiting on me, and I'm hoping to start catching up now! :grin: :smooch:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Warrior of Imladris
Have a fun time, Dwim! WB from the toils of life, Moriel!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Storyteller
Yes Moriel, I am a mind reader. I read your mind by poking it. :pokey:

Thank you Lirimaer! :smile:

Master Torturer
Have fun Dwim!!

Chef
Thanks for starting up the thread here, and enjoy your trip!
Now that I am at home with a newborn, I won't be going anywhere for a long while - probably not 'til next spring. Pray for my sanity! :confused:

Elven Enchanter
Have fun Dwin! Maybe some of us will have a chance to win at Thief Hunt while you’re gone.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Istari Steward
Imagine Thief Hunt stretching on for three whole weeks, nobody able to pin down the thief, then Dwim reappears and gets it instantly. :rage:

Black Númenórean
Have fun, Dwim! (I assume by the size of party blob that you are going to have a stupendous time.) We'll try not to cause too much trouble in the Walking Club and maybe yeah, someone else will win at Thief Hunt.

Hope you're in the clear from your tough couple of weeks, Moriel! <3
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Esquire of The Mark
Great idea for this thread, gives me an opportunity to explain for anyone looking for me that I may be a little slower to respond or not on as often for a short time, as I am experiencing some health issues at the moment (nerve problems with hands and feet. hard to type!) so apologies, I'll catch up whenever I'm having a good day, and I apologise when I can't make it on time. I hope the flare up is only short lived :)
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Master Torturer
Yikes Fairy! Hope it passes quickly! <3

Thain of The Mark
@Fairy Nuff oh no! I hope you are quickly on the mend! No rush on stuff for Awesnis, it'll all be there when you're able. :smooch:

@Dwim Have fun!

Storyteller
Thanks everyone! We reached our first checkpoint today. :grin: *considers pulling out the laptop to have a stab at thief hunt*

@Fairy Nuff, I'm so sorry to hear about your nerve problems. Hoping you have some good days in your near future. :smile:

Doorwarden of The Mark
This thread arrived at just the right time for me too. Some of my health issues haven't been great recently and I'm going to need to go back onto medication. So now I'm trying to balance my health issues and any side effects of medication, all of which might make me a bit spacey/distracted. I'll try and keep up with my posts but if I miss anything, tag me/message me on Discord and I'll try to catch up :winkkiss:

Istari Steward
My sisters are in town through the 4th of August, so any more posting from me is gravy for a few days.

Ent Ancient
Have fun and unwind, Dwim! We'll try not to get lost or too drunk in the Walking club without you... :winkkiss:

Fairy & Aethelu - thinking of you and hope you both see improvement in your health soon. :smooch:

Have fun with the sisters, Ducky!

Black Númenórean
Fairy, I hope the flare-up gets better quickly! Take care of yourself. <3

Ha Dwim, you would post in (and probably win at) thief hunt while on vacation :tongue:

Hugs to you, Aethelu, if that's your thing. Regardless, take care and don't stress about posts!

Mmm gravy. Enjoy the visit, Ducky!

Balrog
@Dwim Have a wonderful time on your trip! I promise not to get up to anything too weird in the Walking Club but I do plan on winning Thief Hunt while you're gone. :mwahaha:

@Fairy Nuff & @Aethelu Both of you get well soon! You'll be in my thoughts

@KingODuckingham Now is my chance to catch up to you and your mad posting, have fun with the family though!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Fea
Ah what a good thread idea. I'm mostly an OoME-poster anyway, but I thought I'd let people know, just in case: I have been taking advantage of the respite in the lock-down restrictions here and have been staying with my parents and sister for the past 2 weeks, and have even managed to get a little further away for a proper break, which was very nice, and very much needed. I think I'm still gonna be a bit distant here until I'm back in the city, in just over a week or so. If there is an urgent plazaversary or birthday crisis (yup, I take that job v seriously), just tag me. :grin:

Fairy & Aethelu I hope your health issues both improve and you feel better soon! And Dwim and Ducky I hope you have a good trip/ catch-up with friends and family.

New Soul
Ooooh glad we have such a thread. I suppose I can post a "there and back again" - my photography business had bookings only in July this year (thanks COVID), and while I thought I could balance it all, I couldn't keep up and had to prioritize editing photos which meant no posting for me and intermittent visits instead on Discord. Now the work is done and I'll have some time to say hi every day!
she/her

Master Torturer
I hope you enjoy your trip/respite, @Nia!

Congrats on both the bookings and the completion of editing, @Tari!
Loremistress Emerita | she/her

Black Númenórean
Glad you're back, Tari!

So glad you're enjoying a bit of a break from the city, Nia. I wish I could get one of those myself!

Esquire of The Mark
I'm back! I hope for a while before I have any issues again...got a bit of catching up to do, hopefully I'll find all the things I missed :)
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Black Númenórean
Yay! *hugs Fairy*

Master Torturer
Woot!

Farmer
Well, I guess this is the best place to say it, but I got offered my job back and that's why I've all but disappeared from here. It's been so busy, I just haven't had much time to come back and RP or do much of anything, so I apologize.

Warrior of Imladris
Congratulations on getting the job back! Great stuff!

Narv appears to be keeping the lights on, though, so you can find your way back when you do have time!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Black Númenórean
That's great that you've gotten your job back, Joel! Like Ears said, we'll be here when you can drop in. :smile:

Loremaster of the Herd
Welcome back Joel! Glad you've managed both a There and a Back Again in one post -- and we'll of course be thrilled to see you whenever you swing through.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Doorwarden of The Mark
I had hoped I'd be back with a more positive update, but the universe had other plans. First medication ended up making things worse so now we're onto medication two. It makes me super drowsy and lethargic, with occasional bursts of energy. I'm basically losing most of the day now until these meds balance out, which could take up to a month. Once again, if you need me, please do tag me here or on Discord and I'll do my best. Love and hugs to you all :grouphug:

Black Númenórean
Hugs to you, @Aethelu! Hoping things level off soon, and we will see when you are ready. <3

Warrior of Imladris
Aethelu <3

High Warden of Tower
I'm heading off into the forest to do Ranger-like things (24-hour rogaining) - might get back to posting on Sunday evening, or Monday, or Tuesday. Not really sure yet. :D Depends on the level of alive-ness once those 24 hours have ended.

Black Númenórean
Enjoy, Pele!!

Storyteller
Hi everyone! It's been weird being away (even though I was away from the Plaza for years before the revival). But I'm back now. Well, I was back from our journey a week ago, but my first week back home was busy and I hardly had time to even think about opening my computer.

Looking forward to getting back into it with you all. :smile:

Black Númenórean
Welcome back :pokey:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Master Torturer
Welcome back!!

Storyteller
Thanks guys!

@Winddancer, love the new title.

Black Númenórean
DWIM! Hi! Welcome back! :conga:

Master Torturer
Dwim wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:22 am Thanks guys!

@Winddancer, love the new title.
Haha that was a joke between Elenhir and Sil I think :P

Balrog
Glad to have you back Dwim! I'll see you in Thief Hunt!

:conga:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Istari Steward
Welcome back Dwim!

Storyteller
Thanks friends! It's great to be back. :grin:

Warrior of Imladris
WB Dwim.

ERm, some folk might be waiting for me in various places, but I am all of a dither going back to work atm, so ... sorry - my head's not in the game! Will try to be very better sometime soon.

Black Númenórean
Hope all goes smoothly with back-to-work, @Lirimaer!

Healer of Imladris
Hey all, sorry I haven't been around much. Just little things piling up. Two typhoons in a week didn't leave me with nearly as much free time as I had hoped for. :lol:

Anyways, trying to do some small posts now and will hopefully get back into the swing of things at the end of the week. The current round of Stupid Boss Drama should be over by then. *walks off grumbling*
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Storyteller
@Lirimaer, even pared back we are lucky to have you around the place, so don't feel the need to apologise. You're doing great! Good luck with your work. :smile:

@Aerlinn, typhoons and boss dramas sure sound stressful. I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon so you don't have to grumble for too long! :wink:

Loremaster of the Herd
Sorry I haven't been better about posting this previously, but I am absolutely swamped for the foreseeable future with trying to do research what with the whole Pandemic thing. Hopefully once I've hammered out a draft of my thesis in a week or two I should be back and posting more regularly.

Miss all y'all :grouphug:
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Master Torturer
We miss you too! Good luck with the research!