Happy Solstice!

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Black Númenórean
Here we are again at a solstice! Halfway out of the dark! Happy Solstice, friends!!

I’m from a place of extreme light and dark, so solstices tend to be a pretty big deal. Today the sun will rise at 10:14am and set at 3:42pm in my city! And the hours of light will be soft and dim. Do you recognize or celebrate solstice? How much light will you have today?

The longest night is over- bring on the light :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
I am not quite as bad wherein am it's about 9 am to 4 pm and the light is mostly dim here as well maybe an hour of bright light around noon?

But I also celebrate Yule so today is particularly a big celebration for me :D

Thain of The Mark
One thing I've been wanting to do the last few years is work in more of a recognition of the natural cycle of seasons/life into my routines, but I'm still figuring out what that means for me. So, basically, I don't have any particular way I celebrate the solstice, but I do try to be aware of it. For me, the sun rose at 7:32 am and will set at 5:14 pm. The sun is quite bright out right now, and has been for a couple of hours, but we've also had a lot of cloudy days lately so it feels brighter than it has in a while.

High Warden of Tower
*wanders in* Where's the light? They sort of said this week was the darkest, but... @Taethowen Where's the sun? I want some. It's been very dark and grey for a few weeks now, and now it is raining too.

Thain of The Mark
@Pele Alarion It's in Oklahoma, apparently. :lol:

High Warden of Tower
*envious* So looking forward to a bit of sun again, well... maybe not now as it is time for me to go to bed. Tomorrow sunrise is supposed to be at 9:09 am, though most likely it'll be grey and cloudy yet again. Sunset at 3:59 pm.

Master Torturer
Dont celebrate it other than knowing it is the shortest day of the year and that we are now finally going towards it getting lighter again <3

Elven Enchanter
Sun rose at 6:52 today and set at 4:46. Sunny and it got to 78F (27C) today, but thankfully tomorrow the weather will be a bit more sensible for December.

Don’t celebrate it, but am happy that daylight is going to start getting a bit longer again.

Chef
Today the sun rose at 7:49 and set at 4:30, but it was dark and pouring rain all day. I feel like I haven't seen real daylight for about a week now. I love living here, but I feel it most this time of year when I wake up in the dark, go to work in the dark, leave work in the dark, arrive home in the dark, etc etc. Although I did take heart when I looked up today's sunrise and sunset times to see that tomorrow will have 2 more seconds of daylight than today!

I usually do celebrate Yule along with Christmas, but no celebrations to speak of this year.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

High Warden of Tower
This was supposed to be a sunrise... Everything was grey and still is grey some 3 hours later.

I'm not complaining, not at all. :tongue:

New Soul
Any chance it will snow @Pele Alarion ? So you could at least have snow for the holidays along with a grey sky.
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Warden of Tower
Ah, would love snow, but it is only raining, at least managed my evening run without getting overly wet.