The Christmas Gingerbread Decorating Off Judging

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.

Which Gingerhouse is the winner

Poll ended at Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:20 am

46%
54%

Total votes: 13

High Lord of Imladris
Hello fellow plaza members.

Earlier tonight on a slightly suspicious internet connection I had the pleasure of watching two plaza members make gingerbread houses... well decorate them from kits they'd bought.

Now it was a lot of fun to watch and honestly myself and my fellow judge were not able to overly pick WHICH house should win. There is no actual prize aside from maybe next year we make that person judge lol (Is that a prize or a punishment I don't know LOL)
ANYWAYS since we couldn't decide because our criteria was fairly lax we decided to put it to a blind vote. You don't get to know who made what house you just get to vote...

1 or 2.

Now to let you see what you are voting for here are the images of each house - I've cut the pictures down to the same angles so no extras for either house.

Gingerbread house 1

Gingerbread house 2

Voting is open for 7 days

Fea
Those are two truly excellent gingerbread houses. Serious kudos to both decorators-in-chief! :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs:

New Soul
I has questions... That mainly consists of what candy was used in decorating these houses and how do I get my hands on said candy? :lol: Answers on a postcard?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Lord of Imladris
Uhhh I believe they were the candies that came with the kits but

Peppermint balls, Gumballs (the things on the top of the two houses)

Gumdrops, Gummy trees (I have never seen the trees outside of these kits but I"m sure they exist SOMEWHERE else.)

The rest are hard sugar candies. Most should be able to be purchased seperately from places like Bulk Barn (Canada) Bulkfoods in the US possibly? It's a go to your bulk food places and see what you can get. The sugar things tend to be something you can get for decorating in terms of cakes and stuff so a specialty shop would probably have the specific shaped ones.

Balrog
I'd love to vote for option 2, but I need to know the rent first, and if W/S/G is included or not, and what's the parking like? Security deposit?

(Sorry I'm apartment hunting and I can apparently only make jokes about that)
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
I've got w(water) and g (gas) figured out but not sure what S is... I'm assuming it's some form of Electricity/Hydro/Power but not sure. LOL

I'd say security deposit is probably one months rent, and parking is street parking as there's no garage with either of them.

Balrog
:lol: S is Sewer and Trash

Full month's rent as security deposit seems standard, any place I've seen that don't have that end up being really sketchy
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
Love these - thanks for sharing some holiday cheer, what a nice idea!

I'm wondering what happened to the gingerbread person in the first picture in house #1? did they drink too much eggnog?

and is the door in picture 2 house #2 some other kind of non-gingerbread cookie building material?

High Lord of Imladris
Yes far too much eggnog. said their would be bonus points for if they made it look like they fell off the house while decorating they did not so no bonus points from pre judging.

Door on house #2 yes, it was supplied in the kit. I am not sure if it's cookie though being not in the same room as the actual materials.

High Lord of Imladris
@The King in Yellow Okay here Water covers sewerage and trash... So is water seperate for you guys?

And generally most places that rent here cover 'water' (so sewage and trash) but Electricity/Gas does not tend to be covered (unless you are in publicly funded housing... but then you get to deal with far worse things than paying Gas and Electricity.)