Bug Reports

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Black Númenórean
Oh yay! Glad you got it all figured out! :smile:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Newborn of Imladris
My stories and poems have vanished from Cottage of Lost Play - was that due to the temporary (second) loss of the Plaza or did someone decide they had to go? Or am I confused and they were somewhere else? (They don't show up if I search for all my posts, though)
Remembering halfir by learning something new each day

New Soul
@Saranna - I had a look at your thread in the NuPlaza Archives and you opened the thread in April 2021. Unfortunately, the (former) server host NuPlaza suffered an outage (@Marceline (Tara) wrote more about it here). While our former server hosts were dealing with this issue Narv and Tara worked hard on transferring the copy of the latest database (from March 27th 2021) they had to the new server. It's all very technical and beyond my skill to understand :lol: but Tara wrote about it in the post. So that's why your thread doesn't exist anymore, but it's preserved in the NuPlaza Archives that I linked. Narv explained more about that in this thread. I hope this explanation helped, or at least that the links helped to explain something, because I'm not sure I'm making much sense :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Ent Ancient
Just an addendum to Nessa's very helpful explanation above -- I thought I would also mention @Saranna, you are very welcome to re-post your thread (and stories and poems) again if you wish to do so!

Newborn of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind many thanks, I did guess that was the problem but am quite happy to recreate the thread and make everyone read my stuff all over again@ :) Thanks for checking.

High Lord of Imladris
@Saranna I"ll definitely re-review the ones I already did, I'm not so great at poetry reviews so those will be.... limited if there's new poetry! Looking forward to having your thread back!

Newborn of Imladris
Thanks @I Said What I Said ! Will upload the first one today

New Soul
Posted by Moriel on 01 October 2021:

THE BIGGEST TRICK OF ALL...

That's right, there's more! Not only do you get to celebrate Halloween by changing your faces, you may now freely change your names without asking an admin! And it isn't just for Halloween- this feature will be available long after spooky season has gone! So go wild, name changers, engage in a glorious bonanza of fluid identity!

Just remember, names are limited to 3-20 characters and must abide by Plaza rules :grin:
~~~~

Just noted, names are blocked once more. They can't be changed right now. :wink:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Black Númenórean
@Aikári Salmarinian - not sure what you mean - the name change feature is still active for all users and will be from now on. Moriel’s post states:
And it isn't just for Halloween- this feature will be available long after spooky season has gone!
If it’s not working for you, though, do let us know.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
Marceline: Okay, I found it. Settled in another corner, seems to me. I don't know. Thanks.

Khazad Elder
I have a notification that won't stop notifying me. I have clicked on it, and it has opened in the appropriate place, but darn, when I exit, there it is again, like an eye watching me. A glitch, perhaps?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Master Torturer
Have you tried clearing cache/cookies?

Khazad Elder
Yes, I have cleared the cache/cookies. It's from a minion. Do you think that's the problem? They are like vermin and hard to get rid of. 😜
It is still there, by the way.

Master Torturer
Yes we are :D

Tagging @Narv to see if he knows

Chef
Thanks - in fact I do not know :)

But if you haven't yet, you could try going to your User Control Panel -> Manage Notifications, click 'Mark All' and then 'Mark Read'? That might clear it out. If not I could try rooting around behind the scenes and see if there's a bit i can flip or something.

Khazad Elder
That worked, but it was bizarre. It wasn't from the minion, after all. It was a notification before the minion from an ELF which I never received in my notifications. My notifications notified me that I had only one notification, and when I clicked, it brought me to the minion, not the elf. I should have had two notifications. :googly:

I suppose it is gone now, and that is all that matters. Thanks, folks! :grin:

Balrog
Is (d)ark being captured by the censors for some reason? :bearwhip:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Guardian of the Golden Wood
@King Otis, i fear it is fallout from the great admin war. The censors have gone crazy!
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

Éowyn
Éowyn
It's what happens when you try to fix things that aren't broken :headshake: so sorry, looking to fix the fix soon!

Balrog
The foremost minion needs his go to word! You haven’t censored tenebrous or Stygian have you? :googly:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
You don't mean Tanabrae, do you? :lol: My notes work perfectly fine, they are always turned off. I rely on my own memory.

Black Númenórean
King Otis wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:54 pm The foremost minion
Sir you are clearly a bear.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
:bearwhip: -- clearly means I'm both

Black Númenórean
The bear cavalry with WHIPS?! :bearwhip: :bearwhip: :bearwhip:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Newborn of Imladris
Please forgive me if this is not a bug but something the Plaza is meant to do. Yesterday I posted quite a long post and when I sent it to my thread a message came up pointing out to me that someone else had posted a new post while I was writing my very long one. It added a helpful suggestion that I might want to revisit my post in case the shorter one contained things that might change my mind about mine. But before I could discover how to act on this, my cherished thread vanished. Is there any way to retrieve it. It was long and I was pleased with it. :(

Chef
@Saranna sorry to hear that -- can you clarify, was it the post that you were working on in the thread that disappeared, or was the entire thread itself that vanished? Can you let me know which thread it was / which forum it was in so I can investigate?

Newborn of Imladris
It was the Adamanta Chubb Librarian thread, the post vanished along with the mysterious post suggesting I might need to revise my post. It was weird to say the least but I don't want you to spend ages on it now, as I've moved on and the conversation in that thread is continuing. These things happen, maybe Goblins? They get everywhere.Thanks for taking the trouble to get back to me, @Narv