You have a point, I'll give you that

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Ent Ancient
Glad to see Frost get some shinies for that post! I was going to ask but the NPF beat me to it ( :smooch:) so instead I'll share some love elsewhere -

Can @The King in Yellow get some tribute for his posts as Pazuzu, the Distortion in the Lands of Shadow Free RP? (If I must pick one post, it would be this one.) And also some buffing for @Winddancer exploring her character after the fall of Sauron (in particular, this one)? This story has been dark, dramatic and most intriguing to read.

On a very different note, can @Amadhrill receive some shinies for her beautiful and touching post in the Cavalry Courtyard here in a little story we've embarked on together for which I am very appreciative?

Finally, may @Ta'leus Shieldsong receive some sparkles for Shir. Locke Houmes and the The Shire Detective Agency with some buffing for @Goostradamus? These posts have all been delightfully clever to read.

NPF edit: Sure thing! I need a buffing machine..

Master Torturer
Aw thankies! <3 It's been fun to get back into WD's head :D Even though she is a pitiful weakling atm :P

Balrog
You are incredibly kind @Lailyn! I'm very good at being evil, what can I say?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Esquire of The Mark
Aw shucks @Lailyn ! Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying the posts too. :D

Esquire of The Mark
@Lailyn I know you just received some shinies, but it takes two to tango, so none of the posts in the cavalry courtyard would be there without you! Thank you! :smooch: So Lail definately deserve some shinies for her part in that too!

NPF edit: Done!
Hælend of Meduseld

Ent Ancient
Thank you, Ama. :smooch:

New Soul
If the kind NPF hasn't already bathed @The King in Yellow in glitter particles for this hilarious Fleeg Spa post that has me howling with laughter like a banshee for 10 minutes then I shall encourage you to do so! I especially loved the parts where the colour of Fleeg's eyes is described and how he tries to reconstruct how he got a horse from Rohan to Mordor. :rofl:

NPF edit: I hadn't! Thanks for the reminder! Fleeg is now doused in something less glittery..
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Balrog
Whatever it is that Fleeg has been doused in, I'm sure he deserves it and I hope it brings him great consternation. Thank you NPF and @A Good Wife, you are both far too kind to me and Fleeg
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Balrog
I think it goes without saying, but this post deserves all the shinies you can throw at it. An early frontrunner for my favorite dramatic post of 2021

NPF edit: A lot of wonderful stories in there, tossed some coins to the witc.. uhm writers who haven't gotten anything in there yet. So Tharmaras, A Good Wife, Amadhrill, Pele and Ercassie. Only did for page 3, so if there are others, feel free to point them out :)

High Warden of Tower
*feels the coins hit the back of her head as she types endless work projects* Oi. Thank you! :grin:

Esquire of The Mark
Thank you! :smooch:
Hælend of Meduseld

New Soul
Thank you for the shiny coins💰! For Gondor! 😎
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

New Soul
Thank you for throwing coins at this bazaar storyteller NPF :smooch: and many thanks to @Call of Cthulhu as well :smooch: I'm glad you liked the poetic physician *hugs*
She/her.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Thankyou for the shinies, little fairy ! :embarrassed: :smooch:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Lord of Imladris
OF ALL the hair brained posts I have come up with THIS is the one in Lore that has me going I started this discussion? AND now we are delving and its beautiful and I'm learning WAY too much and I LOVE IT... and legit throw some shinies at Troelsfo because well *gestures to the three posts starting at this one*

https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 450#p43450

NPF edit: sure thing, done!

New Soul
"He had taken the theme of the eve to extremes, veiling not only his face, but a vast portion of his entire head. The helm which enveloped thus, identity, was fluid metal, polished smooth as oil made firm, pitch black at first sight but setting off an eerie silver sheen when rinsed in candlelight. Like a streak of moonlight spearing through the mire of a cloudy night, long enough only to chase a searchlight of suggestion around obscure shapes. The turrets of a none-too-subtle crown, soaked in the same ink shade, stretched about the orbit of this headpiece, like a proud fence. Hair as lightless as the deepest abyss stole as though a silent waterfall to coat his high collar, and still this seemed to pale against the dark fathomless burn of his coal-dark eyes. For a time, The Blizzard was unaware if he even possessed means of sight, for he did not turn from her stare as most did. And for that time of wordless wonder, he stood aside where she sat, the dark aside the light. And then she rose."

May some glittering tribute be bestowed to Ercassie :winkkiss: for this post in the Masquerade?

https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 492#p43492

New Soul
Dear NPF

May the glitter always shine in your halls of starshine and glitter perfection and never run dry! That being said, I have a lot of posts to catch up with so I'll roll my current pleas for glitter shinies in one post.

May the NPF grant the shinny points to these people for these posts (in no particular order, methinks)

@Aduchil for this hilarious post that includes mentions of the raccoon garbage disposal mafia, Knowledge is power, francis is bacon :rofl: and dried shrooms :lol:

I know @Tarawen can't get shinies, but can you send a cloud of glitter into our Sun for this brilliant response in which "large cloud of spores" are launched "from the top of its head" :rofl:

Some glitter for @Tharmáras and @Fuin Elda too for the beautiful story colab that just started, but especially for this post (contrasting moods of Osse, friendship with elves (Odysseus - Athena theme) and weaving Ovid into the text <3 ) and the response (I love how Fuin managed to portray her character here, her Revealed Grandmother :smooch: is simultaneously a strong kick arse lady and very vulnerable at this moment and I love it!)

It's a tall order, but it's great writing and storytelling! Thank you very muchly! :smooch:

NPF edit: Geez.. good thing I am a fairy and not a minion.. ;P
She/her.

New Soul
I would like to formally request for the following roleplayers to receive some trib; not only did they fill the Lindon Masquerade with their well-written and consistent posts, but they also saw the entire RP through to the end - something that means a lot to me as a thread-runner. Image

@Goostradamus
@Fuin Elda
@Call of Cthulhu
@Tharmáras
@Moriel
@Ercassie

Please and thank you.

NPF edit: Fuin, Frost, Aig, and Cassie have been tribbed! Goose has been offered some pepto bismol, and Moriel has received some stardust.

< Annúnfalas Edit: Silly me, I forgot Admin could not get tribute points! Well no worries, I will come up with some unique gifts next time to substitute. >
Last edited by Farewell on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind and the NPF thanks very much for that I really enjoyed writing that post and I do hope you'll follow along with the future posts of that story line

And for the NPF I simply would be remise if I didn't say I will honestly take kneecaps for souvenirs if @Annúnfalas does not get some tribute for being an absolutely fantastic thread runner of the Lindon Masque.

NPF edit: yes of course, done!

EDIT: Wonderful thanks NPF
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Númenórean
*dances amongst the stardust*

Thank you, @Annúnfalas! It was a wonderful ball and I look forward to the ones to come :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Black Númenórean
Hahaha I’m glad you enjoyed the spores, @Nessa Saelind :lol: mayhaps one of your characters would like to sample Shroomîsh’s wares?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
@Annúnfalas, you are too kind! :grin: Thanks to you and the ever mysterious minion point fairy

New Soul
@Fuin Elda - oh I'll definitely follow that story, worry yea not. Feel free to poke me or remind me on Discord :winkkiss:

@Tarawen :lol: we'll see how things go :lol: Maybe someone can adopt the wee Shroom :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
Thank you, @Annúnfalas , for hosting a marvelous and wonderfully unforgttable Masquerade :dance: . Greater thanks for threadrunning an activity to a clear ending; your shining model of completion is inspiring & hopeful for both GMs and participants alike :clap: . I'm already looking forward to the next Masquerades in Imladris and Mordor, old friend :smooch: !

I'm happy you enjoyed the Ossë post, Nessa! I worked for days on that :nod: .

Thanks for all the points, Ninja Point Faeries :encore: !

Arien
Arien
:kiss: :smooch: not that anyone wants to kiss a hurky goose
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
@Nessa Saelind ooo that’s an excellent idea. Shroomîsh would probably benefit from family members who aren’t Reg! :lol:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

High Lord of Imladris
Ahem Apparently I've been horrifically remise.

Could I get some Tribute for IK racing
Lady Winchester (winner of race 2)
and
Call of Cthulhu (winner of race 1)

NPF edit: Sure thing!

New Soul

She listened attentively to Annabelle and Colleen, enthralled by the volumes they proffered to her. When asked if they had bored her, Athena laughed softly. “Not at all!” she said assuringly, “You ladies have always been so kind to me and I do appreciate you taking the time to go over each book with me.” Athena then reached into her purse and pulled out three glittering objects. "Please accept these favors, it is the least I can do for three marvelous, beautiful women such as yourselves,” insisted Athena contently, turning to the books that had been displayed for her consideration, “and as for your recommendations, I will take them all!”

Philomena licked her lips before spotting a few familiar faces and a crooked smirk stretched across her face.

“Psst! Follow me, partner,” she whispered to Westley, coming up to the stall of Aigronding Mordagnir.

“Why if isn’t the Herald of Pixie Valley,” laughed Philomena, “Taking a break from dancing around tree trunks to peddle your fairy dust?”

“How is Hatholdir by the way, I hear he’s the King of his own island, and you-” she snickered, “sell cider on the side of the road?”

“Fooo-eeeen?” uttered Philomena in a prolonged tone, “What kind of a stupid name is that? Did your parents sneeze when they picked that one out?”

“F-Fuin!” sneezed Westley.

“Bless you,” replied Philomena.

They held one another and guffawed.

Philomena then switched targets, studying Tharmáras and his children. “Stuck with the brats again today, Thar? I guess your wife must wear the breeches at home.”

NPF, please toss some coins to @Annúnfalas for a delightful post that was balanced splendidly between light and dark, . Sweetness and wickedness in equal measure 🙌. I loved it greatly, definitely one worth waiting for. I'll be rereading this not only to write an RP response and ARPY nominating next year but for my own pleasure 🤣💗.

https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 779#p43779

NPF edit: Gesundheit!

New Soul
But this time, it was not the light of coals aflame: it was a softer, sweeter thing; warm and calm, silver and gold at once. It spiraled out from the hammer to encompass the Fool as he sang, lancing through his silverwork to etch the faces on the gryphons, perfect their shape, and harden them beyond their temper. The light surrounded Gellam and as his final, neverending note rang clear against the stones of the smithy, it expanded to encompass the entire building in a faint glow that shed its mingling aura on the trees beyond.

Once again, she can't have shiny tribute points but @Moriel deserves a chocolate Bunny because (chocolate gryphons aren't a thing, sadly) she wrote a wonderfully beautiful post https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 616#p43616 :winkkiss: . Her prose reads like poetry and I'm always delighted to discover how well she honors continuity. It's posts like these I enjoy greatly, ones I never tire of revisiting time and again. Masterfully well done :smooch: :headbang: :clap: .

Edit: Actually chocolate gryphons are a thing and Moriel can have one, too :lol:

Black Númenórean
Omnomnomnom!! Chocolate!!!

@Tharmáras :embarrassed: :smooch:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Ent Ancient
Would a kind fairy sprinkle @Tharmáras (plus dog treats for Hattie) for this post? I cheered for Hattie (and Beren’s punch), I jeered at Angol, and I went on a rollercoaster of emotions with Beren through the many layers of this story. I loved every word.

(And also, I will never complain about Hugh Jackman gifs...)

New Soul
Thanks, @Lailyn :smooch: !! I worked hard on that Gaol post, days, and wanted it to read well since the Angol arch will be a big plot I do in the Gondor Forum outside of Rangers. Knowing you feel emotional for Hattie and Beren and that I've written a character you loathe is high praise :encore: ! I know Hattie is a dog but she has an sorrowful backstory which will be revealed soon and will further explain why she detests Angol beyond his attempted murder of her. Hugh Jackman gifs will be a staple of my Beren RP'ing :grin:

Esquire of The Mark
Thank you, NPF for the extra shinies! :smooch: (Don't know what made you stop by, but I highly appreciate it!)
Hælend of Meduseld

Ent Ancient
thank you ninja fairy, I had fun writing that post! :grin:

I absolutely thought I had already posted this but have been reliably informed that I did not. So, if I may be so bold, may I please ask for @Pele Alarion to receive something for her wonderful recent entry at the healing houses in Gondor ? It isn’t very often that we get a glimpse of our favourite master healer taking a moment for herself amidst all the running around she does for everybody else and I was really struck by this particular example of some quietly excellent character insight. :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?p=43577#p43577

My apologies for just dropping the link itself; I still haven’t worked out quite how to post actual text that is neatly clickable for taking to your intended link. :embarrassed:

Also I must say while I am here, a humble Thankyou to @Annúnfalas for her wonderful masquerade thread and to the admins for their generosity at her request. :smooch: As ever.

NPF edit: Absolutely!

ERCASSIE EDIT : Thankyou. :smooch:
Last edited by Ercassie on Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Warden of Tower
*feels the coin purse getting a bit heavier* @Ercassie Don't make me blush :embarrassed: with those compliments. But thank you! :grin:

New Soul
"All dead and tore apart by a living conflagration of tenebrous filth."

Would a generous admin please toss a few coins to my fellow HP Lovecraft/horror friend @Call of Bearthulhu for his wonderfully written post in Ages of Arda? https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 054#p44054

Balrog
@Tharmáras and NPF, you are both far too kind for something I cobbled together on my tablet this morning! :lol: all the same, thank you very much!

New Soul
@Call of Bearthulhu - excuse you! If this is what happens when you cobble up something on your tablet in the morning, then what do we call when you actually properly sit down in front of a computer and start writing in Word? Hush and go scrub the glitter from your face! :smooch:
She/her.

Balrog
:rasp:

New Soul
Don't be rude young bear :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
Thanks for the kindly bonus admins! Also, great to see the font color has returned.

Master Torturer
Would like to give a shout out to @Nerys for her awesome Slave post in the Umbar thread! viewtopic.php?p=44937#p44937

NPF edit: Absolutely!!

New Soul
@Baphởmet @Revered Grandmother and @Rillewen have been sprinkled with some shiny points for their contribution to the De Aedefiicis archive. Thank you for sharing what you saved and helping out our members to retrieve the posts lost in the NuPlaza Blip. You are very awesome. :smooch:

If I missed anyone who contributed (non-admin ofc) please don't hesitate to let me know so I can drop glitter bombs on you.
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks kindly for the glitter bomb I assume this is where I got my craving to play with my craft herpes last night while playing with the new resin molds I got

New Soul
Thanks @Winddancer for the mention, and thanks to the NPF for the shinies! :smooch:

Balrog
I should be thanking you rather than the other way around! My Frosty bacon was saved several times over by the archive

High Lord of Imladris
Request for some tribute for Rillewen for keeping my bumbling old arse on track with reposts (and finding where I was going awry when things did go dumb)

NPF edit: Done. :winkkiss:

High Lord of Imladris
AND a request for tribute for @Nerys for winning IK race #7 please!

NPF edit: ✔️ Done :winkkiss:

Please may I request tribute for @Rillewen and @Revered Grandmother who have been building up an incredible story of friendship in the Southern fiefdoms thread in Gondor. One that also ties in to the background of their ancestors set of its foundation in another thread as well ! I’m astounded. :thumbs:

NPF edit: Sprinkled some faerie dust on these two lovely ladies who've been cooking up a storm of posts! And a wee bit of faerie dust to you too for remembering and keeping up! :winkkiss: