You have a point, I'll give you that

Important messages from and for the administrators.
High Lord of Imladris
Imma be a mettlesome grandmother lol could you throw some points at Nessa Saelind for this post?

https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 635#p38635

Poor Fuin getting called a grandma what's next? Lol

NPF edit: Done!

Ent Ancient
As someone who does think I am funny at all, thank you Nessa! That one sure was fun. But I've said it before - @Winddancer deserves much credit and some definite icon buffing for her hilarious piece of this story, too! :smooch:

Master Torturer
:moon: <3

New Soul
Fuin Elda wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:02 pmPoor Fuin getting called a grandma what's next? Lol
A very dramatic scene in Spanish where we find out that Fuin is secretly a grandmother but didn't know about it because insert random Spanish soap opera reasons. :tongue: :rofl: But seriously thank you Fuin and NPF! :smooch:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
Me again, while there's time :tongue: can the nice ninja fairy give Frost some biscuits for this adorable, silly, and awwww this is so cute little piece of fluffy perfection and above all else, because Hoppla is a Good Boy! <3

NPF edit: You know we are minions, right?? Fine.. whatever! :P
She/her.

Balrog
Thank you @Nessa Saelind and NPF! :grin:

Hoppla the Warg is a derpy idiot who tries really hard
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Fleeg wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:26 pm Hoppla the Warg is a derpy idiot who tries really hard
Like I said, a Good Boy! <3 :grin:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
If I could get some points for @Drifa for winning
The Bruinen Fishing Classic. https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 7&start=50

ALSO if I could get a few points for... @Beowulf/Fleeg/Frost whatever their name is when you get to this lol for the nonsense like https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 511#p38511

He made me just about die laughing with the antics between him and everyone else.

NPF: Sure thing! And some for the TR as well :)

Balrog
What can I say? Fleeg is an entertaining idiot. Thank you @Fuin Elda and NPF!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Balrog
I know it's been a while since this post was written but I think it's magnificent and I think it deserve lots of trib for the amazing amount of research and the wonderful narrative track @Nessa Saelind did with it.

NPF edit: Totally agree! She is an absolute research star! <3

Thain of The Mark
Putting in some final requests for points before my sabbatical, since some people went out of their way to help me finish several things up before I'm off for a while, and also because there's just some awesome people around in general!

First off - can @Gwai get some tribute for running the most recent Cav RPG? She's done a fantastic job, and willingly altered some things about it when I told her I needed to set up an out for Taeth in the Cavalry. Even if Gwai is stepping away from the Plaza too, she deserves some recognition for her hard work. :smooch:

Next up, I'd like to nominate @Lailthoron for some tribute for this particularly moving post of hers - https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 229#p39229?

I also feel that @Fuin Elda deserves some tribute for the absolutely glorious bit of artwork she created for the Plaza Writers group here: https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 261#p39261

And possibly some tribute for @Shivased for setting up the Mettarë Diegolwine?

And also @Nessa Saelind. I spent the last couple weeks RPing with her in the Riddermarket and the depth of characters and worldbuilding is beautiful to read. In particular, I especially enjoyed these posts: https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 342#p40342 and https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 406#p40406

And last but not least, @Androthelm definitely deserves some tribute for his ancient, delightfully awkward elf in the Masquerade. I found these posts of his to be particularly moving: https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 667#p39667, https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 781#p39781, and https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 949#p39949

NPF: All sparklified!

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks NPF for all the various tribute!

New Soul
Thank you Frost :smooch: & Taeth :smooch: and of course to the lovely bearer of sparkles, glitter, sprinkles and festive cheer the NPF! :smooch:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
Aw, thank you Taeth and NPF. :smooch: It was my pleasure!

Ent Ancient
dear NPF, thanks for the strawberries. will treasure them forever til they rot and attract pests. or maybe I should just eat them now. (thanks) :winkkiss:

New Soul
Could the NPF sprinkle some glitter happiness on @Aethelu for the wonderful Mettarë story, but for this post in particular please?

And some glitter happiness for @Ankala Teaweed for this lovely post in the Houses of Healing please? Herbs and honey and healing things galore!

NPF edit: Sure thing!
She/her.

Khazad Elder
Thanks @Fuin Elda and NPF's!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
Thank you NPF for the housekeeping shiny glitter solution points! :lol: :smooch:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
Can @Isolde Alarion get some shinies for this intriguing post? I'm just dying to know what happens next!

High Lord of Imladris
Can I get some Tribute thrown at Lailyn for https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... ?f=3&t=656 as the best quote

ALSO it's been a while and Drifa and Boromir88 have both been consistently giving me quotes for the NuLibrary to the point we've gotten to our second post being needed in order to get all the LOTR Quotes too now as well as the Hobbit quotes having to be split up!

NPF edit: All done!

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Thank you @Fuin Elda and NPF. :smile: Now that you're caught up there's only one thing to do...find more quotes. :googly:
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Child of Gondor
Lailyn wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:54 pm Can @Isolde Alarion get some shinies for this intriguing post? I'm just dying to know what happens next!

Thank you for the shinies! * goes to put shinies in her pocket but their snatched away just as quickly*
“I believed those are mine..” Relic commented through an evil smile. “ I did all the dirty work after all ...but it was all my pleasure” * Relic turns to leave but not before giving Lailyn a conspiratorial smile*

@Lailyn
Isolde Alarion/Rohan~Nelladel Alarion/Gondor~Mourgan Alarion/Gondor ~ Dahak/ Umbar ~ Relic RIP

Doorwarden of The Mark
A belated thank you to @Nessa Saelind and NPF for the shinies :smiley11:

Ent Ancient
Thanks Fuin and NPF! You're too kind. feels like cheating when I have ebooks.

But Relic those shinies were for @Isolde Alarion! I try to do some good in this world and look what happens..*shakes head* :lol:

New Soul
Can the king NPF throw some nuts at @The King in Yellow for this post because the nut puns and Yeats references are a delicious nutty mix (to continue with the nut pun theme). Thank you :smooch:

NPF edit: *Chucks said nuts*
She/her.

Balrog
it's a testament to my very tired brain trying to read this early in the morning. I thought that read "nut puns and yeet references" and I couldn't remember writing the word 'yeet' in any context on the Plaza until right now :lol:

In any case, thank you @Nessa Saelind and NPF for the nuts! I shall endeavor to continue to entertain you all!

New Soul
The King in Yellow wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm it's a testament to my very tired brain trying to read this early in the morning. I thought that read "nut puns and yeet references" and I couldn't remember writing the word 'yeet' in any context on the Plaza until right now :lol:
To continue the tired brain of a dyslexic person theme :lol: (cause why not :tongue: ) I read "yeast" instead of "yeet" and laughed myself silly :lol: Although, now that I think about it "yeet" could be a nice Plaza expletive :lol: will go nicely with the fleeg cusses :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
I have yet again come to annoy respectfully ask the NPF for some shiny sprinkles for @Dunulf for this post because the line "I believed Gondor to be sunny" made me laugh (and resonated with me, because as a person who is living in the Mediterranean and struggles not to laugh when people are surprised that it isn't always sunny here :lol: ). Many thanks :smooch:

NPF edit: Sure!
She/her.

Loremaster of Gondor
@Nessa Saelind Thank you most kindly! I can somewhat relate, having spent a brief few years in France and having received much the same surprise when I talk about rain or snow there :lol:

New Soul
Square might not manage to steal the nuts from the 3 raccoons, but can the kind NPF throw some nuts at @Nia because Square hiding her nuts in Treebeard's well tree is just so precious and adorable <3 and that's the kind of cute content we're here for! Many thanks! :smooch:

NPF edit: Sure :lol:
She/her.

Fea
Gosh, thanks guys! :grin:

New Soul
*runs in flailing hands, hair looking like lightning and wind decided to play hairstylist of the jour* Dear NPF if you haven't given @Lailyn a spa treatment for this absofreakingbrilliant and genius entrance to Mordor please do so, because "Durzhat, President, First Lady and Founding Father of the Fleeg Fan Club" deserves it.. <3 Thank you :smooch: I'm going to go read this one more time and laugh like a madwoman and scare everyone in the building :lol:

edit: I am apparently a nonfunctional dunce who forgot to include the link for said genius entrance so I am including it now :facepalm:

NPF: Should we even be encoraging Fleeg?? Yes. Yes we should.
She/her.

Ent Ancient
:lol: Oh gosh, thanks. Some props should go to @The King in Yellow for instigating that.

Balrog
Fleeg is nowhere clever enough or cool enough to earn points based on people's reaction to him :lol: otherwise I might be in the 3,000s by now

New Soul
Nessa Saelind wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:27 pm And some glitter happiness for @Ankala Teaweed for this lovely post in the Houses of Healing please? Herbs and honey and healing things galore!
wow thank you!
fka Ann Kalagon, Hyandaner

Mae Govannen, my friends!

New Soul
“Things change, my dears, places that we love are lost, and we must grow in new directions. It can be a boon for flowers to find new places to thrive."

May a gracious admin award the talented @Ercassie :winkkiss: shinies for her wonderfully brilliant Mother Nariel post in Círdan's Court here https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 196#p42196, please? It was a joy for me to read her main Plaza character this way for the first time. It's something that I'll reread often and I hope others are entertained by it as well.

NPF edit: Looks like both Ercassie and Sur deserve some shinies for that thread :)
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

New Soul
Many thanks to the always shiny and wonderful NPF for sending some fairy glitter my way! :smooch: You are most kind! :embarrassed:

NPF edit: You are most welcome, thanks for sharing your awesome posts with us <3
She/her.

Esquire of The Mark
I didn't realize there was a specific thread for this, but thank you to whoever gave me points for a post! I don't know which post it was but I appreciate it nonetheless and feel very positive about it. :lol:

NPF edit: You're welcome! And I just sprinkled some your way for your overall burst of activity, it was muchly appreciated <3

New Soul
It is I, again. :grin: Can we get some faerie dust to @Tharmáras, our resident poetry-loving writer for this exquisitely written post? Much obliged :smooch:

NPF edit: Granted!
She/her.

New Soul
I am a fervent poetry lover indeed, @A Good Wife :nod: ! I'm glad you noticed the Tennyson reference to the Crimson Petal from The Princess in relation to Nariel, symbolized as a red flower :smooch: . Ercassie :winkkiss: appreciated the Tennyson verses as well; we were discussing how lovely the post is days ago.

I want to thank you so much for editing the post for me. Your devotion as an attentive listener matters to me, friend 😘. Thank you for taking the time many a night and through my predawn hours, bearing my incessant 'How does this sound?' messages over and over. Proofreading what I wrote and giving me suggestions of how to make it better until it was finally flawless. It was like refining gold, Nessa. You have a keen eye for stellar writing and you encourage me to strive for more 🤗.

I love the romance of Nariel and Tharmáras 💞. I can't articulate how passionately I care about these characters and how important they are to me. I wanted that post to be beautiful and dreamy not just for myself and the Elven couple but for Cassie, too. She is my closest friend and a wondrous writing collaborator. I am awed by her brilliant creative talent and I cherish the immersive joy of building epic stories with her. Cassie inspires me with her lavish poetic writing and her attention to detail. I wrote a Poem of a post. I revere and admire her dedication; she puts her heart and soul into posts; i wanted to do the same for her. It's the best I've written in a very long time. The hardest I've worked on in recent memory. I couldn't have accomplished this without you. I am grateful 💝.

Last edited by Eriol on Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 9 times in total.

New Soul
"Without Arasoron, who was she? It felt as though her fëa had been ripped apart, but unlike Fëanor she had not been granted the peace of a fiery death, only the continuous emptiness and terror of his absence; her twin, her one constant, the other half of her whole. All of the sorrow wouldn’t fit in her chest, it just burned like a heavy cold fire in the pit of her chest, and the constant refrain of how long, how long, how long? droned in the back of her mind, and the answer: forever, eternity, immortality. No rescue. No relief. No revelation, only the yawning void of deathless days of solitude and grinding pain."

No, she can't have a point but @Moriel can have a delectable bowl of chocolate raspberry truffles and some hearty praise :smooch: ! Not only because it's Valentine season, the time of candy-giving and telling your favorite people how much you care about them, but since she wrote a gorgeous heartbreakingly good post here https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 501#p42501 :flail: :clap: :headbang: .

We have a tremendously wonderful history of collaboration and friendship stretching back over a decade. I relish plotting with her and excitedly watching over the years how our epic storytelling takes all these thrilling paths we've never expected to forge.

You are an incredible writer with cinematic vision, Moriel, and I am honored to be your partner in tales. We make dramatic legends together :winkkiss: . I anticipate devising emotionally charged responses to tragical Oblivion. I will be putting my heart into them because I know viscerally you did the same 💝😘.

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:12 am I want to thank you so much for editing the post for me. Your devotion as an attentive listener matters to me, friend 😘. Thank you for taking the time many a night and through my predawn hours, bearing my incessant 'How does this sound?' messages over and over. Proofreading what I wrote and giving me suggestions of how to make it better until it was finally flawless. It was like refining gold, Nessa. You have a keen eye for stellar writing and you encourage me to strive for more 🤗.
:embarrassed: Oh! :embarrassed: You know... Editors are supposed to be behind the scenes people that nobody sees or hears about, but they make the writer's life easier. :smooch: It is always a genuine pleasure to read everything you write <3 and polish your wondrously poetical writing :smooch: Your writing skills, erudition, talent and mastery of words are there with you, they shine and blaze. I'm just the wee colourful faerie that sprinkles colours and polishes a thing here and there :embarrassed: Occasional historical consultant that still hasn't bored you to death with history :lol: to my eternal wonder and amazement.
She/her.

Black Númenórean
@Tharmáras *hoards truffles* Thank you for your extravagant praise, my collaborator in crime (tales)! It was a post a long time coming that I thoroughly enjoyed writing and I can't wait to see your reply :smooch:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Ent Ancient
I am loving all the love in this thread!

Can someone please shine-ify @Drifa for this post which literally made me laugh out loud and now has me seriously speculating what an Ent passing wind would smell like!

NPF edit: Giving her some gold so she can buy some airfreshners..

Khazad Elder
Hahaha, thank you, @Lailyn! Glad you enjoyed that! 💨

Thank you, NPF ❤️
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
Your beloved and most humble petitioner here to ask you, once again, to sprinkle glitter on a post. So can the White Horse at the Uhhhhhhhh Spa get some shinies because of the posts sheer awesomeness and the poem is just chef's kiss!

NPF edit: carrots will do?
She/her.

Knight of The Mark
Thank you @A Good Wife :smooch:

Thank you NPF :smooch:

New Soul
And now it's my turn to thank the lovely and radiant NPF :smooch: for sprinkling some shiny faerie dust points my way :smooch: You're a star! *hugs*

NPF edit: <3
She/her.

New Soul
The purpose of this post is twofold: 1) I would humbly and kindly ask the NPF to sparkle many, many glitter particles on @Lailyn for this lovely and poetic post, a snapshot in time, a glimpse into the everyday life of a man... It was like listening to chamber music that at one critical point turned into The Lighting of the Beacons track. It was extremely moving and beautiful and I am grateful that Lail wrote this and shared it here <3

2) I would like you all to go and read this post and have it in mind for next year's ARPY nominations (the link is already provided). I will certainly keep it in mind for the future. :winkkiss: Lail deserves great praise for this work :smooch:

NPF edit: Never ceases to amaze me what awesome writers we have here on the Plaza <3 Sprinkling some shinies on Lail and Frost as well as wow.. And a lil something for you too Nessa for being so enthusiatic and caring about sharing these wonders <3
She/her.

Ent Ancient
:embarrassed: Thank you Nessa, that is too much. <3 I always wondered who lit the beacons.