Roleplaying Threadrunners' Helpdesk

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Black Númenórean
Roleplaying Threadrunners' Helpdesk

Running a thread and not sure what kind of rules to have for it? This post is a bank of rules that threadrunners/aspiring threadrunners can pull from for their threads, if they need help figuring out what to do. No one is required to use any of these rules, nor are these the only rules threadrunners can use- you are free to invent whatever rules seem appropriate to you for your thread. Take as many or as few from this list as you'd like!

This is a living document and suggestions are welcome for things to add to the rule bank! This thread can also serve as a place for those with questions about running threads to ask for help or guidance.

Character Rules
- Characters must be a(n) (dwarf, elf, orc, etc.) character
- Playing as (xyz character/type) not allowed/reserved (e.g. as a Nazgûl, Balrog, Maia, named Tolkien character)
- No playing named characters from Tolkien
- No playing a character someone has already claimed
- Only one character per person allowed in this game/round

Roleplaying Rules
- No godmoding except by (xyz)
- No joining (xyz) story except by invite
- put 'Private' at the top of your post if you don't want others to join
- please respond to GM prompts/GM prompts only
- white out OOC/OOC directed to (xyz) thread
- please follow (xyz) timeline of events
- Do not assume someone else’s backstory
- State your (character name/species/pronouns/location/which storyline you are in etc.) at top of each post
- (xyz) characters to post in (this) colour
- Please include Content/Trigger Warning at the top of your post for: (violence; gore; assault; verbal attack; etc)
- please agree to edit or white out your post if anyone finds your content distressing

Posting Rules
- Posts must be over (###) characters
- Wait for (2 other people, 24 hours, etc) before posting again
- Don’t post in (specified font colour or type) unless you are (XYZ)
- Please do not use (bright colors, neon, xyz color(s) etc) as they are difficult for some people to read
- Please add alt text below any images

-----

Resolution for Rulebreaking
It is up the the thread runner to enforce their rules. If someone breaks a rule in your thread, your first action should be to ask them to correct the issue, either by self-editing their post or taking note of the rule in future. If the person does not comply, you may come to the admin team and request we make the edit/remind the person that the TR has set the rule. If the person continues to violate the rule, you as TR have the discretion to eject them from your thread. If you eject someone and that person attempts to return to the thread, you may then come to the admin team and ask that we enforce the ejection.

If you forget to include a rule
If you realize after the fact that you have forgotten to put a rule in your OP- for instance if someone posts with the wrong type of character, or doesn't include a CW, etc., and you realize only after they have posted that you forgot to include that rule, you can of course edit your OP to put in the forgotten rule. However, it is your responsibility to notify the participants of your thread that such a rule now exists, and posts prior to your institution of that rule should not be counted against the poster(s). You can, of course, ask them to edit their post, but only posts made after you notify the thread of the new rule will be considered in violation of that rule.

A note on Content/Trigger Warnings
The use of CW/TW is at the discretion of each individual poster, or at the discretion of a TR choosing to put a CW/TW requirement on their thread. If a TR chooses to instate a CW/TW rule, it is, like any other rule, enforceable by the admins through the above resolution scheme. However, we will not be independently combing the plaza for posts we think require CW/TW. There are so many different opinions on what content needs a warning, and so many of them are personal to each individual, that this would be an impossible task for the admin team. If you are not the TR of a thread and happen across a post you believe should have a CW/TW, your first action should be to speak to the poster or/and TR. Use the 'report' button only if you believe a post violates Plaza rules.

This thread will be global for a week or so to make sure everyone sees it, and will then take up residence as a pinned thread in Admin Messages! As stated at the top, suggestions for things to add to the rules lists are welcome, as is discussion by and for those in need of assistance. The thread may live in AM, but it is not an admin-only thread as far as who can engage and give advice.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Arien
Arien
If you find a particular type of font colour hard to read, please say so here and we can add in which font colours are the best ones to avoid, especially for announcements and that sort of thing
cave anserem

Istari Steward
Thanks for making this and working on it past, present, and future.

Not all of these things seem to me to be on the same level. Some seem thread-specific the way you have delegated to threadrunners, and some seem like they should be plaza wide. F.E.:

1) - Don’t post in (specified font colour or type) unless you are (XYZ)

seems to be very thread-specific, but

2) - No godmoding except by (xyz)

seems like something that should go for the whole plaza.
The reason I think the distinction is important can be illustrated by the following question: Should we assume that any rule not specifically stated in the OP of a thread is not a rule we have to follow? If there are any rules on that list (and I see several) that seem like they shouldn't have to be stated by a threadrunner in order to be followed, it seems to me they should be plaza rules.

Balrog
As a baby threadrunner I think this template is extremely useful (especially the bright colors rule).

I might venture to say that the godmoding rule shouldn't be a plaza wide rule because it's very specific as to who and why someone might be godmoded for the sake of the game/thread while in general godmoding is a big no no unless you have prior permission.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
None of these are plaza wide rules and we dont intended for them to be <3

Edit: Missed Ducky. Not all want to bog down a thread with a thousand rules as it will deter people from posting. We do expect people to apply common sense. No one is going to be in trouble for their posts, whether they break rules or not. The thread runner will let people know if they need a person to change it and it is then up to you if you want to do so or not, though if not it is probably best to discuss why or leave the thread.

We prefer not to have plaza wide rules for RP as there are SO many different takes on what is acceptable RP and what is not. If you worry about Triggers, then create safe threads with those rules in it and so on. That way there is room for all.

Istari Steward
Frostbite wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:41 pm it's very specific as to who and why someone might be godmoded for the sake of the game/thread while in general godmoding is a big no no unless you have prior permission.
This statement is exactly why it should be a plaza-wide rule that the TR (or participants) can choose to give permission to ignore.

Master Torturer
Why make it a plazawide rule and then have the TR ignore it? Why not just have the TR add not to do it when it is not allowed?

Balrog
What if we called what the TR/GM does something other than godmoding? I think the terminology is tripping a lot of people up. Call it GM discretion or something like that?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
To be fair, the TR can call it whatever they want :P

Balrog
as long as it's clear that what they are doing isn't really godmoding but managing their thread/game, they could call it turdblossoming for all I care.

Istari Steward
Winddancer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:06 pm Why make it a plazawide rule and then have the TR ignore it? Why not just have the TR add not to do it when it is not allowed?
Basically I'm asking for something that's very common in board-game or card game rulesets: specific over-rules general. This is a great way of doing things for multiple reasons:

1) It allows the general rulelist to be short, sweet, and easily intelligible.

2) It gives exceptions to the rulelist priority and the spotlight, which allows for clarity on WHY they are an exception.

3) It gives freedom to the game designer to create with fewer restrictions.

Similarly, games like Dungeons and Dragons have general rulesets, and then make sure to specify that when there are questions of any sort, or interpretations of the rules to be made OR IGNORED, the GM is the final arbiter.

Let the individual threads and their threadrunners have the chance to be an exception by having some basic rules stated that they don't have to repeat. Let the individual threadrunners be GMs rather than having to write the rulebook every thread. Doing it this way will actually empower the TR rather than putting a burden on them, and it will allow you as admins to put minimal effort into writing a general set of rules that don't need to be very explicit and careful because you can leave the interpretation and exceptions to the threadrunners.

Chef
Let's get some more specifics on this proposal maybe: other than No Godmoding, which rules would you put on an overarching opt-out-only type rule list?

Istari Steward
Winddancer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:44 pm We do expect people to apply common sense.
In the very short term, I would recommend the admin team hash out whatever they think "common sense" is, and codify it. I don't consider myself qualified to say what is or is not common sense, nor am I an admin, but I would humbly suggest:
- Playing as (xyz character/type) not allowed/reserved (e.g. as a Nazgûl, Balrog, Maia, named Tolkien character)
- No playing a character someone has already claimed
- No godmoding except by (xyz)
- Do not assume someone else’s backstory
and MAYBE the last two posting rules listed above would all be at LEAST consideration worthy for a list. Why a TR should have to say those is hard for me to imagine. There may be others not on the above list at all yet, I don't know. Other people probably have different opinions on what is common sense too.

In the medium term, I would go back and look at this page:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060604054 ... licies.asp

And then, again as an admin team, write up your own statement of mission and vision. I imagine it would look pretty different from the old plaza's. Whatever other rules you might need (or any rewrites of your short term rules) ought to flow, in the long term, from that mission and vision statement. I am VERY unqualified to offer any particular suggestions as to this website's mission and vision, which is why I did not even nominate myself for admin, but trying to run a community without one seems like a bad idea to me.

Istari Steward
I should add as an afterthought that I don't think I know best about everything, and I strongly feel like I give off that vibe sometimes, and I'm not trying to tell the admin team their business, it's just that you asked (and it affects me as a participant, so I feel obligated to say something)

Chef
Thanks for the details Ducky and no worries - we admins don't know best either, but due to the dynamic of these things we tend to get the benefit of the doubt when really we probably shouldn't always. Claiming to be 'member-driven' only works if we admins are open to people disagreeing with stuff we decide - so basically you're setting a good example, so continue :tongue: And that goes for anyone else who has thought/ideas on these things too!

So anyways, I don't have much for specifics for you yet.. I don't want to speak for the whole team at this point as I too feel rather unqualified to decide such things (probably bad for me to say that, but I don't think it's a huge secret that really my initial Mission for making the site was to see if I could do it, so I'm not exactly a font of wisdom on this). But rest assured the suggestions/feedback is appreciated as we all try to figure out together what it means to be a re-created, super-old, super-new lord of the rings fan forum in 2020 A.D.

Elven Enchanter
I agree with Ducky. Common sense rules should probably be codified/hashed out so we have them in place should we ever need to remind someone what common sense is. The handful of rules Ducky pulled out are what I would consider to be common sense, so it would make sense for them to be generic RP rules. And yes, I think it would make sense to do the colours and alt text options whenever possible just to be considerate of others.

When it comes to particular Tolkien characters, it would make sense for people to choose/elect someone to RP as a Tolkien character in a certain thread should the situation call for it. That way no one completely usurps a Tolkien character, but we still have the option to pull them out when they are needed. Sometimes a thread might need Aragorn, Samwise, Elrond, etc.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Warrior of Imladris
Any thread marked 'No playing characters from Tolkien' is not a thread I'll be posting in.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Master Torturer
My point is more, why codify rules that you can then choose to ignore if the RP calls for it? I get that it is all on the TR to then figure out what they want added, but everyone has an edit button and things can be edited in if anything is forgotten.

Like take godmodding. People are generally in agreement that this shouldn't happen. However it does happen to some extent, the GM might need to do something to move things along, people might have a story in mind that requires it and so on. So if we then have a rule saying you aren't allowed to, people could report it. Then you would have to have the TR tell us who can do it and who can't, which also might change during the rpg. I mean I pretty much godmode in every rp I have been in, you can't torture someone without doing it :P

Basically right now we have no newbies and I get wanting to set it up for this massive influx of new members. But how about we wait to make it coded until then? If it even happens?

Also with the rules being specifc for each thread, you can chose which thread you do not want to post in based on the set rules. We wouldn't want people leaving because they find the plaza wide rules too restrictive.

Melkor
Melkor
The timing of this thread is weird, and is implying things that I’m not sure Moriel is trying to imply because I do see the fine print in the first paragraph. The implications being that either there are newbie threadrunners that are running around panicking or invisible prospective thread runners that just aren’t sure where to begin.

These suggestions imply that we ought, but technically don’t have to, but still ought, be following all of this at all times at all rpgs, no matter what the first paragraph says. That’s because without the influx of actual newbies... what else am I supposed to interpret? This adds a lot of pressure to writers who already are worried that they might be offending someone when they aren’t. I know of a few who would be negatively affected by these implications.

I say we just say “threadrunner’s prerogatives. Please look at some of the rules in these suggested threads if you want to start somewhere” for now. I get trying to be proactive, but remember that even the implications of plaza wide guidelines when many of us are experienced has serious implications regarding the current and future threadrunners of the plaza.

Please tread carefully

Black Númenórean
@Dwarrow Elf This idea of the TR Helpdesk thread and the content of its OP don’t just come from me, but from the whole team :wink: And it is exactly what the opening says it is: a resource. No more, no less. There have been plenty of discussions on plaza and off in this more or less free for all Nu Plaza era about rules and content and who is responsible for enforcing what, and the Helpdesk is here to help people figure out how to navigate that for their own threads, without creating a spate of Plaza-wide rules. There is no subtext.

Ducky, et al, not ignoring your discussion- I’m just supposed to be asleep right now and haven’t put thoughts together on it yet!

Arien
Arien
Dwarrow Elf wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 am The timing of this thread is weird, and is implying things that I’m not sure Moriel is trying to imply because I do see the fine print in the first paragraph. The implications being that either there are newbie threadrunners that are running around panicking or invisible prospective thread runners that just aren’t sure where to begin.

These suggestions imply that we ought, but technically don’t have to, but still ought, be following all of this at all times at all rpgs, no matter what the first paragraph says. That’s because without the influx of actual newbies... what else am I supposed to interpret?

No they don’t
Frostbite wrote: As a baby threadrunner I think this template is extremely useful (especially the bright colors rule).
It’s just meant to be a helpful guide because currently there are no plaza wide rules at all. You are an experienced and good threadrunner, Rivvy - but not everyone has run threads before.

No idea what you’re reading into this re the timing, I must say.
cave anserem

Master Torturer
We have been working on this thread for like a week, but chose to post it now because it seemed fitting with what we were talking about on discord.

We chose to make this thread as we have been contacted by several members who were concerned about some posts. We do not feel plaza need overall Rp rules, that it should be up to the tr to add or leave out depending on purpose.

It is way too broad an idea of what should or should not be added and should therefore lie with the tr as they know what they want from the thread.

There is no conspiracy going on, so please dont make out to be one <3

Thain of The Mark
Honestly, what I think we need a bit more than a threadrunner's helpdesk (although this will be helpful if/when we start getting more newbies) is a code of conduct. Some of us, even if we have RPG experience, have not done it for a while, or perhaps not done it in as large of a communal setting as the Plaza in a while, and it's easy to forget or overlook things.

For me, this means a few things like:

1. Respect the person behind the screen. Not everyone is capable of fully disassociating from their characters. No matter how little you personally relate to a character you've created, you still control that character's actions.

2. Respect the characters others have crafted. A lot of time and effort goes into crafting the personas we play on the Plaza, especially with our primary character, and/or with personas which are involved in a long-playing storyline. If you wish to roleplay a certain scene or idea with another character, other than general interaction, it is always better to ask first rather than make assumptions.

3. Respect threadrunners. They are, in many ways, the life-blood of the Plaza. Without these wonderful volunteers, there wouldn't be an opportunity to RP in these settings, or to experience some of the wonderfully hilarious RP, games, and competitions that we have so far. If, when you read through already existing posts, there seems to be a story playing out, always check with the threadrunner before interjecting yourself in it, especially if your character is going to try and exercise some form of 'authority.'

However, if there's not going to be a solid set of Plaza-wide RP rules declaring "these things are a no-go" then there needs to be firm definitions. Especially for something like godmodding. Because otherwise, every threadrunner is always going to have to thoroughly define anything and everything. And that will quickly become burdensome both to write and to read.

The things that a game/dungeon master/thread runner does in a thread to move a game or a story along are not usually considered 'godmodding' in my experience. When a player joins a thread (whether new or ongoing) there is (or should be) some complicit consent that it is a cooperative effort, and that the thread runner will need to make certain decisions, at times on behalf of characters. The exception to this is, of course, threads labeled as "Free RP" where they are open to any/all to roleplay either privately (with another character or even by themselves) OR in a group setting, but without the stringent control of a specific storyline or game.

Godmodding, as I've always understood it, is when a separate character inserts themselves into an established storyline or backstory and attempts to wrest control of it away from a threadrunner/gamemaster or to overrun another player's backstory. In some of the worst cases, it can even be roleplaying another character's actions without their consent to do so*. As I stated above, when participating in a communal storyline/game, some of that consent is implicitly granted and that should be understood by all roleplayers.

I have more thoughts that I'm still parsing out, but don't want to completely takeover or overwhelm this thread myself, so I'll stop here for now.

*And as I began crafting this post, I talked about this point with @Frostbite, as our main player characters have gotten themselves involved in a bit of a tumultuous romance. What's impossible to know from looking at our posts is that we discuss pretty much everything behind the scenes, and we have given each other essentially blanket permissions for some minor godmodding just so we're not waiting on posts from each other all the time. But we always check with each other. And we've decided, at least in group RP settings, to start making a note at the bottom of our posts when we take actions with each other's characters that would appear as godmodding normally, so that everyone else knows there was consent given.
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Thain of The Mark
What Taeth said. Exactly that.

I have gained a lot of roleplay experience in my time off-plaza as a Dungeon Master for D&D, as well taking up LARP, and you often encounter similar issues to these.

However plaza people are the only people I know in the roleplay community who continue to confuse Game-Masters (co-ordinators and facilitators of games, to be respected and listened to) with godmodders (essentially, role-play cheaters or in rare situations such as Taeth described, consensually taking control of another’s PC to move the story along).

That said, I don’t know if we need to have a written formal guideline on roleplaying, given I suspect the people who need to read it would probably never bother to do so and long blocks of text can be uninteresting and intimidating to some people.

My question is; how can plaza people better teach and encourage good roleplay through everyday interactions.

In my experience, I used being a Marshal in the cavalry in Rohan, as well as Campwisa in Campian, to offer both positive and constructive criticism of people’s roleplay when I interacted with them.
Pæthfindian of the Eastmark
Forged in fire, shaped by shadow
She/her.

Ent Ancient
It seems to me like the intention of this thread has been misunderstood. I feel that a discussion about Plaza-wide rules should happen in a different thread dedicated to that purpose if its something people want to explore.

As I understand it, this thread is merely a suite of possible rules to be chosen depending on the thread you are running. Its like a guidebook for thread-running, a brainstorm of possible rules.

For someone like me who has very little experience running a RP thread, I find this list very useful because in all likelihood I would probably overlook something that would be useful to include.

Master Torturer
You are indeed correct @Lailorn A new thread will be made where we can discuss Plaza wide RP rules.

For now, please keep your opinions to the topic at hand, which is that this is just a GUIDELINE that TR's can use or ignore as they see fit.

Black Númenórean
A new thread for discussion of plaza-wide rules has been created here. Thank you all for contributing to the process!

Please continue any discussions, commentary, questions, etc. regarding threadrunning or the Helpdesk itself in this thread :grin:

Istari Steward
KingODuckingham wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:29 pm Should we assume that any rule not specifically stated in the OP of a thread is not a rule we have to follow?
Maybe changing the last "we" in the above quote to "participants", could I still get an answer to this question? I think it is relevant to know as a threadrunner how explicit I ought to be when creating rules for a thread.

Black Númenórean
@KingODuckingham I would say yes. If a TR wants a rule in place, they should put a rule in place. And as discussed in the OP, there's nothing to stop a TR putting in an additional rule or rules in place after the fact if they realized they missed something.

Snaga
Thank you for this thread and the work put into it. I like the idea of having no plazawide RP rules and making them more thread focused. As a super casual RPer it's helpful to have the rules clear up front rather than having to follow the culture around RPing or rules located elsewhere to figure out what I should or shouldn't be doing.

Also as someone who doesn't care about my character being godmoded, I think it's a good thread specific rule for thread runners who don't want characters to be overpowerful by godmoding people like me who don't care.

Ent Ancient
Would it be possible to get any kind of guidance or resources on running dice-based games?

I have a vague idea for one (that needs lots of work first) but I have never run one before and don't really know where to start. I.e., where is a good dice-roller online? How do you work a game with A and B rolls? and Recommendations on how to keep track of the game's progress?

Obviously I would expect answers to vary by individual and I am having a look at other dice-based games on the Plaza, but any amount of info/advice would be a great help!

Master Torturer
Never run one to be honest, maybe post this in OOC as well so get as much feedback as possible?

Istari Steward
Here are two of my favorite dice rollers!

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm This one is a no frills, simple load (haven't tested on mobile, I imagine it's a bit hard to use since the interface is small). I like this one because there's no weird scripts or ads trying to load, and it has the option at the bottom to create a dice of any size, even ones impossible in real life. Want to roll a 65 sided die? Now you can! Want to roll 7 nine-sided dies? Also possible!

https://www.dnddiceroller.com/ This one has a drop-down menu that I find easier to use when I'm not trying to do anything fancy, but it still has d2/d3 options, the ability to roll more than 1 die at a time, and the ability to add modifiers, all useful tricks.

As far as A and B rolls, if I understand what you are asking, I think the first thing to ask is whether you want them to be fair or not. For instance, in the Cooking RP dice game in Imladris right now, the B roll is massively disadvantaged, statistically, but it's offset by the fun of bigger numbers. Not fair, but still potentially fun. If you do want it to be fair, you can look up dice roll distributions so that options have similar outcomes while feeling different.

I'll let someone that actually takes notes talk about the best way to track games. One option is to ask the players to keep track of themselves, but you have to trust them. If you're double-checking their math anyway, might as well do it yourself lol.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Lailorn
If the game is RPish I start with mapping the scene/course. Scenarios can be added to the map or written up and drawn at random depending on player/s move on map/board.

DicePlus is a free download I've been using since 2005.
It allows you to set up multiple dice with various sides and values.

Ent Ancient
Thank you Ducky and @Aodh Hammerhelm! I really appreciate the help of two seasoned GMs giving me advice. :smooch:

Oooh shiny dice rollers, Ducky - thank you! Its been ages since I played a dice-based game IRL, too. I think I need to go read about it a bit. I've decided not go with A and B rolls and keep things as simple as possible for my first go.

How do you go about casting bonus rolls? Is it random or pre-determined in some way (e.g., if someone rolls a 6 they automatically get a bonus roll).

It is RP-ish, but I'm not sure a map would work in this case. But I think I could track via spreadsheet/have players self-track as well.

This game is progressing in true slow Ent-ish fashion...I think I might have to go through a mock-up round of this to make sure it works! I appreciate any and all advice given.

Black Númenórean
@Lailorn A little late to the party here, sorry Lail! the first dice roller Ducky listed is the one I use too!

For A and B rolls it depends on the game, but how I do it for things like Lava Snake Racing, is predetermine at the beginning of the game. In that particular example, A rolls are always just a move forward (even rolls of a 6 sided die) or move back (odd rolls) a number of spaces equal the the number shown on the die. B rolls are on a d20, and before the game begins I create a list of 1-20 and assign a value to each number. For LSR, the risk you take on a B-roll is that there are only a few numbers that allow you to move forward- but they're all greater than 6, so if you get one, better than having chosen an A roll. There's no moving backwards, but the rest of the numbers are filled with actions/scenarios that a person must deal with IC, rather than getting to move forward. With all the values/actions predetermined on my list, I'm set for the whole game and just have to roll the dice each time for each person, depending on whether they chose A or B. You could do the same with bonus rolls.

For tracking LSR, I keep a document with the current standings and update it each round. The course is 50 spaces long, so on the off chance someone gets to 50 before the game is over, they cross the finish line and win! If not, the game ends after a predetermined number of rounds, and the winners are determined by who is furthest ahead. When I update in the thread I don't post everyone's current number, just what order they are currently in- more suspense for the players, not knowing if someone has a huge lead or a tiny one :lol:

Hopefully that makes sense/helps a bit! Looking forward to seeing your game :grin:

Ent Ancient
Thank you, @Moriel! That was very helpful and I think, somewhat similar, to what I am envisioning. That does help explain the A/B rolls!

Basically I have a set of RP scenarios that will be positive or negative the player has to react to and which will +/- HP. Winner determined by player with most HP at end. Just trying to sort out exactly how to work that with the dice. Initially I thought to do something like a 12-sided dice with 6 + scenarios for even rolls and 6 - scenarios for odd rolls (or 20 sided with 10 and 10) and then roll a separate dice for the HP +/- value, but I could probably do both with a single dice roll... you've given me food for thought. I'd like to keep it simple as my first time running a dice game.

The last thing I have to decide is how to determine when the game is done. Maybe when a player reaches X number of HP...

Thanks!

Edit: Whoops I also forgot I came here because I had a separate question. Is there anyone who is colorblind who would be willing to share with us what colors are hard to read so we can avoid them? I'd like to make an effort to make my posts accessible and I persistently posted in green on the OP, which could be problematic, but I've been defaulting to black more often now.

Thain of The Mark
@Lailorn - @Frostbite and @Aigronding Mordagnir are two I know for sure are colorblind.

Balrog
I'm red/green colorblind so a lot of colors blend together (for instance I can't really tell the difference between red/brown or blue/purple) but the only colors I have trouble actually seeing (so much that it actually hurts to look at them and try to decipher) are the foo-y bright ones.

Ent Ancient
Noted. Thank you, Frost. :thumbs: