This Is Halloween [ALL]

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Black Númenórean
!!Welcome To Halloween!!

As is tradition, the plaza has been transformed to celebrate this spookiest of occasions, for a month of fun and frivolity!
As is tradition for Nu Plaza, we're doing things a little differently.

TRICK
Your kingdoms have been transmogrified into surprise themes, based on your votes!
In order to switch to these ranks, you need to go to 'Change Kingdom' and select your chosen theme! These themes are available in the list below the normal kingdoms. To see all the Halloween decorations, you need to OPT IN to the halloween style in your User Control Panel! See the bottom of this post for details

Mordor
DISNEY VILLAINS
(The Lair)

Fangorn
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
(Halloween Town)

The Shire
THE PRINCESS BRIDE
(Castle Florin)

Rohan
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
(Avengers Tower)

Gondor
STAR TREK
(Ten Forward)

Khazad Dum
GAME OF THRONES
(The Red Keep)

Imladris
STAR WARS
(The Senate)

Admin Messages
MEMETOWN
(Memetown)

TREAT
You may move freely between kingdoms (including AM) as much as you want, and you may move freely between ranks!
There are no point thresholds assigned to Halloween ranks!

There won't be ATRs this month as you all decided with the poll, but we will vote for two Members of the Month at the end of this October to cover both Sept and Oct!

Current ATR Holders, we have removed your special ranks so you can jump right into the Halloween fun if you want, but you technically hold your ATRs until the 6th, so if you would like yours back please comment below and let us know!

MORE FUN STUFF
The Admin team have created one activity to kick each theme off, but we want YOU to get in there with as many activities as you want! Each kingdom has a "throne room"/OOC thread, where you can chitchat and plan/coordinate your activities! Additionally, while the admins have divvied up the "starter" activities among us to run, we are looking for volunteers to run those too- we had time to plan, but Halloween is for you! If you see a starter thread you want to run, speak up in that kingdom's throne room and claim it! If you're reading this, or the throne room in your kingdom, and no activity has been posted by an admin yet, don't worry, it'll be up soon. No need to ask anyone's permission to create a new activity- just get in there and have fun!!

Happy Halloween from The Admins:

King Narv
Narv

A Horrible Goose
Sil

Princess Mononoke
Tara

The Chamberlain
Moriel

Nazgûl
Windy

HOW TO OPT IN
We have created a Halloween Style for the plaza, which you can opt into by going to the User Control Panel -> Board Preferences Tab -> My Board Style option as shown below, and selecting halloween. If you'd rather not, no action is required!

Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
This is so cool!!! Thanks so much for doing this!!!

Orc Chieftain
I like the fact that you're giving us a choice to use the Halloween icons or not, since if I'm not familiar enough with the character, I can't roleplay as them. I won't be switching kingdoms, even though I'm tempted to play around in Imladris, since I do have a Star Wars character. Her name is Jira Elnath, and here's a picture I drew of her on Doll Divine: https://i.imgur.com/z2uJSp0.jpg

Is it okay to play around in other kingdoms without actually switching (even though it doesn't cost anything on the NuPlaza, I'm staying where I am, thank you very much! I may check out my Halloween icon, but if I'm not familiar enough with the character, I'm switching back) :wink:

The Princess Bride theme is tempting too, since who wouldn't want to play as Inigo Montoya: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"
:lol:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

High Lord of Imladris
Uhhh Something has gone wrong.
Sereg a Dîn

Black Númenórean
Working on it! Please stand by :grin:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

High Lord of Imladris
I AM THE ONE TRUE CHAOS ELMO!!!! I BROKE (We're letting me have this right?) the halloween Icons in under an hour.
Sereg a Dîn

Chef
can't believe you broke the icons fuin, very rude

Chef
@Lady of Shadow playing around in other kingdoms than your own is 100000% encouraged, so feel free to go run amok wherever you like and wear whatever icon you like while you do it!

High Lord of Imladris
@Narv

Well clearly I am the embodiment of Chaos Elmo. It is as it should be.
Sereg a Dîn

Orc Chieftain
@Narv

Thanks. One year when Mordor did a Pirates of the Caribbean theme, I had to create an OC since I wasn't that familiar with Capt. Sao Feng. I knew who he was, but not enough to actually role play as the character, so that's when I came up with Miranda Spano, who I used a face claim for (Evan Rachel Wood, who voices Anna and Elsa's mother in Frozen II. She's not a bad singer, either). I haven't played her in years, since every PotC RPG site I joined ended up getting shut down due to lack of activity. :smile:

Arien
Arien
HONK
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
mmmmMMMMMmmmmm

High Lord of Imladris
HAHAHA!

Master Torturer
All shall "see" me and despair!

Storyteller
Wow this is incredibly difficult to choose just one!

Thank you for all your hard work and so many awesome options. You've nailed it. :grin:

Black Númenórean
You can change every five minutes if you want Dwim, no need to choose just one :lol: :smooch:

Orc Chieftain
I decided to go with Louise from Memetown, but don't worry minions, I'll be back in Mordor by the end of the month (but Naelia's not going anywere, except maybe to Angmar to rescue Orngor from being killed once again)! This icon seemed to symbolize Mordor anyway, and I can probably roleplay as Louise (although I don't think I would wear pink bunny ears, since isn't that considered foo)! :grin:

Storyteller
Ok I chose. Boo!

I was terribly close to choosing Doctor Strange though. :nod:

New Soul
FORCE CHOKES

PHYSICALLY CHOKES

Last edited by Eriol on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Thain of The Mark
I love that you made this 'opt in' for people who might not want to engage, very considerate.

Also, wheeeeee! Lookit my new rankie!

I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Best :clap: Halloween :clap: ever!

Chef
Thank you!!!!! I am so happy that I can not only choose Kingdom but also rank! Otherwise I'd have been so jealous ;-)
Please state the nature of the medical emergency!

Loremaster of the Herd
Seconding @Allacan ob Burzum that the ability to opt out is kind of y'all! That being said... I'm in! What a delight, what a fright etc. etc.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Thain of The Mark
I don't know that I'll make the whole month for Halloween (might take a break for a week or two in the middle, LOL) but thanks for making that an option, and for not putting limits on the ranks. :smooch:

Ent Ancient
OMG this is AMAZING!! Thank you for all the options. I don't know what to choose but I gotta start with the Mother of Dragons herself. Dracarys!! :rage:

@Winddancer - my incredibly educated eye for art would like to know if your icon is an Original @Narv Creation?

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:51 am All shall "see" me and despair!
:lol: Well Windy you're sort of right. I can't stop looking at your icon! The thing wiggles and it's captivating! :thumbs:

BTW great job everyone! This is an awesome NuPlaza Halloween! :grouphug:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
Well, it's been accomplished - I actually changed ranks (at least for Halloween)! :lol: Thanks so much for setting this all up for us (and for the ability to pick our Halloween ranks and toggle the normal settings on/off - that's such a good idea!
She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

Healer of Imladris
So many choices!!!

I love it! Thanks admin crew <3
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Master Torturer
Thank you to everyone involved in putting this together! Great to see The Princess Bride here, though given the free Kingdom changing I can see myself jumping around this month. :grin:
Loremistress Emerita | she/her

Master Torturer
Glad you are all loving it! When Narv told us we could do it this way it was sooo hard not to tell you all! <3
Lail wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:00 pm OMG this is AMAZING!! Thank you for all the options. I don't know what to choose but I gotta start with the Mother of Dragons herself. Dracarys!! :rage:

@Winddancer - my incredibly educated eye for art would like to know if your icon is an Original @Narv Creation?
Of course it is!! <3 When the month ends the other admins are going to have a fight on their hands to take it away..
Nessa Saelind wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Winddancer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:51 am All shall "see" me and despair!
:lol: Well Windy you're sort of right. I can't stop looking at your icon! The thing wiggles and it's captivating! :thumbs:

BTW great job everyone! This is an awesome NuPlaza Halloween! :grouphug:
It's pure awesomeness! <3

Doorwarden of The Mark
The open switching for kingdoms and ranks, and the ability to stay with the old ones, is terrific. Thank you! :thumbs:

Knight of The Mark
Thank you for all the choices. You rock! :headbang:

Warrior of Imladris
A very nice way of doing it - love the choices!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Doorwarden of The Mark
This is mint :clap:

Khazad Elder
I must become Tyrion so I can scour the Seven Kingdoms for dwarves, please!

Great job! Thanks! Now if I read correctly, I can choose any rank in KD, correct?

Black Númenórean
@drifa - you can choose any rank in any Halloween theme - no points thresholds for any of them! :grin: Kingdom-based themes are for organizing RPs into fora, but feel free to go wild with Tyrion wherever!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Khazad Elder
Thanks Tara! Where can I find this Tyrion costume? In my control panel? I am on my phone and everything is smaller and harder to read/ find. Thanks!

Black Númenórean
@drifa In your control panel, go to the Change Kingdom/Rank tab! There is a list of Halloween kingdoms beneath the normal ones, and you can choose any rank within any of those kingdoms :grin:

Elven Enchanter
@drifa For Tyrion, you'll want to select "Game of Thrones" as your Kingdom and then select whatever rank Tyrion is.

Chef
@drifa the instructions above are correct. sometimes, though, things just kinda sort themselves out somehow..

Khazad Elder
You look kingly, Narv!

Thanks!

Ent Ancient
Winddancer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:18 pm Of course it is!! <3 When the month ends the other admins are going to have a fight on their hands to take it away..
I knew it was his esteemed work! I love it!

Orc Chieftain
This is one Halloween I might be doing a little bit of kingdom hopping (thank you for making this free, since it was a bit of a nuisance to lose 100 points over when I did this on the Old Plaza, and any rank that doesn't cost you a lot of posting is kind of nice too), since Louise is too young to participate in any kind of Halloween Thief Hunt in Mordor (being only about 8 years old or so), so I switched to the rank of Dread Pirate (after trying Jyn Erso and Westley). I see that Eldy Dunami has the rank of Inigo (which I was thinking of), want to team up to see if we can capture the Six Fingered Man? :lol:

It's been a while since I've seen The Princess Bride, so I had to look a few things up!

Elven Enchanter
I love having all the kingdoms and ranks open, though for now I'll be sticking with the God of Mischief.

Also, for posterity's sake, I can plan on making a NuPlaza Halloween thread in the CoLP similar to the one for Admins and ATRs. And I will eventually finish getting up the handful of old Halloween ranks and icons I still need to upload/organise.

Dúnadan
I'm loving the Halloween 🎃 icons. It's great that you can swap Kingdoms and chose whichever character you like. Thanks for the hard work everyone
man of gondor < Image > heart of rohan

Thain of The Mark
Oh, I didn't realise you took the point requirement off the Halloween ranks (because I was so focused on getting the one I wanted yesterday and then I just bounced around happy and paid no more attention to the choices).

But Wow people; that is even better! Maybe I will be able to convince my boyfriend to give the plaza another try after all.

I love NuPlaza :grouphug:

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Oh this is awesome. Thank you admins and all. :grin:

Somewhat related (not to the icons)...my nephew turns 1 about a week before Halloween. So my sister is throwing a Halloween themed birthday party for him. He is obsessed with this Australian show "The Wiggles." I've agreed to go as Captain Feathersword, got the outfit in yesterday. :rofl: I'll try to make sure there's pictures.

A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Master Torturer
You all look so great! :D It's fun seeing what ones you pick :D

Istari Steward
Very cool! Thanks for all your tireless efforts admin team.

Ent Ancient
I was too excited to say thank you before :embarrassed: - As Halloween is starting to wind down, I wanted to extended my thanks to everyone who played a part - the admins, the thread-runners (I will not name you because I'm sure I'll miss someone and then feel bad about it) and anyone else who helped behind the scenes. It has been fun and memorable NuPlaza Halloween and I absolutely love the options we were given. Thanks to all who made it happen! :clap: