ATRs: How many? [ALL PLEASE]

Important messages from and for the administrators.

How many ATRs should be given out, and how frequently?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:09 pm

2 ATRs + MotM monthly (3 total)
33%
3 ATRs + MotM monthly (4 total)
19%
4 ATRs + MotM monthly (5 total)
10%
5 ATRs + MotM monthly (6 total)
5%
Variable but no less than 3 + MotM
No votes
Complete freestyle + MotM
29%
ATRs every two months
5%
ATRs every two weeks
No votes
Something else- comment with your idea!
No votes

Total votes: 21

Black Númenórean
We've had some varying member feedback over the number of ATRs that should be given out each time, so in the spirit of democracy, here's a poll! Member of the Month, as a member-driven and member-voted initiative, will remain in place, and we've provided a variety of options in the poll + the option to suggest your own. Please vote, and please comment below if you have other feedback or suggestions! Poll will run for one week.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
I like the idea of three ATRs and a MotM. It strikes a good balance between recognizing folx, giving them a chance to shine for and feeling like the ATRs are devalued. That being said, I also think a variable amount or completely freestyle are good ideas because I think it adds a little more excitement to the whole thing.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Honestly, just dish em out as many as you feel like. Obv don't give someone ATR 2 months in a row, but there's enough people around to toss 6 out for sure. I'd even just give one for each section of the plaza. And why not even pick an admin of the month? lol

High Lord of Imladris
I think varying between 2 and 3 plus MotM is good depending entirely on how many people are active and where per month. 3-4 atrs each month WITH a MOTM just diminishes them I think it's most notable this past month because the Plaza had a significant down turn in November for over all activity so it felt odd to see 5 atrs when there were at best 6 members in total that were exceptionally active (which tends to be the criteria over all) seemed odd (Though I understand a good portion of this was likely from previous activity not just November). It also limits very sharply who you can give ATRS to the next month if only 1 or 2 members are exceptionally active since you've literally given all of the exceptional players a reward the month before as we are still in general a very small forum with a very small core of regularly active members.

AND I say this as a ball of energy that posts and watches the on goings of basically everywhere except OOME.

Khazad Elder
I am confused? :googly:

1 MoM
1 ATR

Black Númenórean
What’s confusing you, @Drifa?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Khazad Elder
Hi @Tarawen ! Why so many - is what is confusing me. I have always felt that it was a singular honor to receive a MOM or ATR for contributing to the forum/Plaza. That is what made the rank special, a member having a special icon. But, if having more than one special member a day, a week, bi- weekly, monthly, is what the NuPlaza is about, I can adapt. 👍
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Black Númenórean
@Drifa - Ahhh I gotcha. That is fair, and your vote for 1 + 1 will certainly be taken into account! Appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Ent Ancient
I'm pretty happy with freestyle so it can be adjusted based on activity. It seems some months are busier than others. I do not see it as being less meaningful if more people are given an ATR in a given month but that's just me. All the same, I don't feel that strongly about this and mostly happy just to see shiny faces running around so whatever the people decide is fine!

Chef
ATRs for some; miniature American flags for others

Chef
my actual take has already been echoed somewhat by other admins but for me personally, on this site, which is a small site, ATRs seem less about identifying super wildly outstanding members than about putting some fun nostalgic icons out there and letting people have a good time with it. Of course we've had a lot of people do a lot of cool things so it's been easy to attach reasons to the 'award' so far but I agree with those of you saying that as time goes on that paradigm may get a bit strained. If we keep going at a high clip like we are and site stays rather small like it will, then I agree each individual ATR will probably feel a little less 'special'. But I feel very unqualified to bestow specialness on people anyway hence I'd rather it be more about the icons and less about the 'award' aspect. But again that's just my selfish take - I didn't vote on this one and will support whatever option wins the day.

Except every 2 weeks, if that wins I'm making everyone Bombur and callin it a day

Master Torturer
Orcs Narv.. make them all orcs..

Balrog
Orc, orc, orc, orc, orc, orc, orc, orc, orc!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
I voted for ATR every 2 months, because it's the closest thing to what I would like to see.

I was thinking about the ATRs yesterday, before I saw the thread, and I'd prefer if we could have ATR + MoM every 2 months. So if the recipient(s) would like to RP the character or open a thread, like in Rohan when the Throne Room was (re)opened... It would give folks a bit more time to plan and coordinate something around their TR, if this is something that they wanted to do.

However, I'm fine with having ATRs + MoM monthly - I love seeing who will get a shiny new face! (I'm a 5-year-old child at heart :lol: ).
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Arien
Arien
Good point Nessa re the having time to RP with your icon for longer (as threads often last longer than a month).

I do like seeing new faces every month though, so it’s possible we could mash up some ideas here, and have a couple of ATRs announced every month, but recipients wear for 2 months - so you’d have 4 or 5 ATRs being worn at any one time, on a rolling basis?
cave anserem

Healer of Imladris
I voted for complete freestyle but upon reading Nessa's comment I like her and Sil's ideas of ATRs every two months or rolling ATRs where you keep them for two months. I think it fits the current pace of the Plaza (or at least my pace! :lol:)

Really, I'm very much with Narv. A few months ago I did think that we were burning through ATRs rather quickly considering how many members we have, but...why not? We've all been around this place for a long time in one iteration or another. I'm not too worried about who deserves what or how valuable anything is--I'm just happy that there are fun and nostalgic icons we get to play with, especially my kitty cat! *g*
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Elven Enchanter
I voted for complete freestyle as well, but I kind of like the idea of keeping the ATR for two months. Whether they're awarded every two months or you simply keep them two months, I don't mind. While I was thrilled to receive one in November, I wasn't able to enjoy it to the full extent as I was not around much that month due to NaNo. I will say it's a lot of fun to get to see all the shiny faces around the Plaza again. And I know all the recipients are well-deserved. I think it's safe to say, that eventually everyone who is an active member of NuPlaza will get a chance to have a fancy face for a month or two.

High Lord of Imladris
I'd probably go with one atr a month and it's kept for 2 months unless there are two gobsmackingly spectacular members in a month (there will be I'm sure) and try to keep it around 4 shiny faces with member of the month I'd it's two months. That said not everyone is going to have plans for their face so not everyone may want it for 2 months

Warrior of Imladris
You know my feelings about seeing shiny faces around (not that I am around at all, rn) and that I think it is A Good Thing. I like the idea of keeping them for longer and for it to be a rolling program as per Sil's idea.

I feel like if there were 2x admin-given and 1 motm handed out monthly, but kept for 2 months, it would keep that happy medium (lots of people having visible shiny faces - not quite so much turnover).
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.