Entish Blessings - for Celebration & MerrimENT

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Fea
This is why I love timezones; I think we can all pretty much have three birthdays and 3 PVs each year as a result.

Sorry for raising and then dashing your hopes, Ducky (p.s. nice axe!*)

Sov - It's times like these I miss the old rock fist emoji which I haven't been able to find (maybe I'm imagining there ever was one), and therefore have to use this banana instead Image

[edit because I have just found a far superior alternative: Image]

Reposting this so people can see dates without having to backtrack to page 1:

[table has been deleted - most up-to-date version should be on most recent page!]

*said probably no Ent ever
Last edited by Nia on Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Ent High Elder
I believe @Winddancer is a Liverpool fan as well, so congrats to you all!

Also, there was definitely a rock-fist emoji on the Old Plaza. But also, emojis from your phone will work on the New Plaza. 🤘🤘
Fangorn Forever

Master Torturer
Only by proxy, it's Naith that is! He was like on the verge of tears and wanting to go out for a drink to celebrate, though nowhere is open, poor guy <3 But thank you! <3
Wait.. how did you know we were Liverpool fans..

Storyteller
Here's to Liverpool! And to strange timezones! And just to a strange year in general. 🍻

Ent High Elder
@Winddancer A little while ago we had a conversation on the Plaza Discord about soccer fandom. I mentioned that I didn't have an EPL team to support. And you suggested Liverpool, so I assumed that meant you were a Liverpool supporter, because I couldn't see a Man U or Everton fan suggesting I support The Reds. :smiley22:
Fangorn Forever

Master Torturer
Oh! Right.. I totally remember that.. sorta.. ahem.

Fea
YAY this is so exciting! More Liverpool fans! @Mojo I would very much like to endorse the suggestion of picking up Liverpool as your adopted team :smiley22: . Ah I knew it - can picture it so vividly. Good to know about phone emojis though!

@Winddancer yup that was me yesterday too! I was holding it all together very nicely, but then Jürgen Klopp broke down in tears and had to rush off the live zoom video call. So that was me gone. Such a shame not to be able to be with out celebrating with any of the other people I love who are also die-hard Red supporters too (e.g. my Dad and sisters!) to celebrate. Instead, I am locked down living with 2 Man U fans, who were doing a good job or pretending nothing of any significance at all had happened, and one non-football fan who was highly bemused at the outpouring of emotion. In the absence of the real thing, here is a lil memento I would like to share with you all of me, my sis, and a friend last year when Liverpool won the Champions League :smiley8:

Yes! Cheers to all that @Dwim ! 🍻

Master Torturer
We will take what we can get, a win is a win!! :D I dont think I could have handled the tears either *sniffles*

Master Torturer
This kind of thread is always great; thank you for bringing it back!

Old Plazaversary: March 31, 2007
New Plazaversary: May 13, 2020
RL Birthday: August 8

I was the first non-admin/narvbot to join, if we're making note of these things. Pure dumb luck that the first time I checked Facebook in a couple days was five minutes after Narv posted the link. :smiley8:
Loremistress Emerita | she/her

Fea
@Eldy Dunami that's awesome! - I love that we've got official members 1 & 2 identified. Does anything know who was third and claims the bronze?

Storyteller
@Nia, the honour of third non-admin/narvbot goes to @Quill, according to the members page. Go Quill! 👏👏👏

Master Torturer
Forgot to add this last I was here :)

Old Plazaversary: October 19 2002
New Plazaversary: May 14, 2020
RL Birthday: November 16

Guardian of Imladris
Wait, what am I being celebrated for? :P

Master Torturer
Quill wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:41 pm Wait, what am I being celebrated for? :P
Being the third member to sign up to NuPlaza :P That isnt an admin/bot/Narvdupe

Guardian of Imladris
Whoa, I didn't realize I was so quick on the draw!

Fea
Nice work @Quill - speedy without even knowing it! :smiley9: Do you fancy being added to the top post? (And if so, you are welcome to share your birthday and old plazaversary too if you know it.)

Guardian of Imladris
Oh, certainly! If memory serves, my old Plazaversary was something like August 31, 2003, though I could certainly be wrong, and my birthday is December 14 (not wrong about that one!) :)

Fea
Happy Birthday @Lailyn !! You are officially the first birthday to get a shout-out here 🎂🎉🍾🥳

Things I have noticed thus far:
  • most old PVs so far are in January, February, and August - WHY?
  • @Flame Fried Ent and @Dwim share an old PV (albeit separated by a year)
  • no October birthdays so far - WEIRD
  • we are at present defying the counter-intuitive birthday paradox. We have 24 people on the list, and not a single shared birthday as of yet, by odds there should be one
  • we have no old plazaites who originally joined between 2009-2016
  • the mode year of original join date so far seems to be 2003

Black Númenórean
Happy birthday, @Lailyn!!

Fascinating stats, @Nia! Seems like Plaza oldies are the ones drawn back to the kingdom style site, so far anyway!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Master Torturer
Nia wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:56 pm Happy Birthday @Lailyn !! You are officially the first birthday to get a shout-out here 🎂🎉🍾🥳

• @Flame Fried Ent and @Dwim share an old PV (albeit separated by a year)
  • no October birthdays so far - WEIRD
  • we are at present defying the counter-intuitive birthday paradox. We have 24 people on the list, and not a single shared birthday as of yet, by odds there should be one
  • we have no old plazaites who originally joined between 2009-2016
  • the mode year of original join date so far seems to be 2003
Dont ignore meeeee! Cause then you would see me and Lantaelen share a b-day!

Happy birthday Lail!! :D

Fea
Ahhh sorry @Winddancer I totally missed your additional message. Phew, glad we're back to maintaining the laws of probability! Will get the top posts edited this evening :smiley8:

Master Torturer
Happy birthday, @Lailyn!

I would imagine the large number of January and February Plazaversaries (those from 2002–04, anyway) are due to people joining shortly after seeing the films. Not sure what the driver of August PVs would be.
Loremistress Emerita | she/her

Ent High Elder
@Nia I joined in 2003. I remember it was the January after the Two Towers movie came out.
Fangorn Forever

Fea
@Mojo Done!

Ent Ancient
Thanks kindly, @Nia ! I am certain someone must have gone before me in the OOME celebrations thread, though I will wear the badge with honor. :smiley24:
Also - I am VERY excited about your stats observations! I love data, I am a nerd, so I love this! We'll have to see what other trends evolve as we get more info...

Thanks @Tarawen, @Winddancer and @Eldy Dunami for well wishes! :smiley17:

Black Númenórean
@Lailyn - :smiley17:

@Nia - Somehow I only just noticed the fancy table you've added! So spreadsheet, much official.

Wise Ent
Oh happy birthday @Lailyn ! I hope it was a lovely day with slightly more cake than you wanted.

Istari Steward
Nia wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:56 pm Happy Birthday @Lailyn !! You are officially the first birthday to get a shout-out here 🎂🎉🍾🥳

Ahh I missed Lailyn's birthday, happy belated!

Also, I can't speak to the whole statistical mound of us, but I joined in August and it was because I had just started the school year, specifically freshman year of college. You know how the school year takes a bit to ramp up sometimes? Gotta find something to do in the meantime! :smiley8:

Warrior of Imladris
Happy birthday, @Lailyn
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Ent Ancient
Thanks! @Li. - I did indeed! If you like carrot, I've got lots of leftovers and willing to share!

Storyteller
Happy belated birthday @Lailyn. :smiley24: Sorry that I missed it!

New Soul
Happy belated birthday, @Lailyn!
@Nia- Love the spreadsheet- thanks for making that. Much clearer to see it all.
they/he/mischief

Fea
So glad the spreadsheet has brought so joy to so many :smiley8:

@KingODuckingham - ahh that actually makes a lot of sense and I reckon probably does go some way to explaining the August phenomenon!

I still wanna know where the October babies be at. Like half my friends seem to be born in October, and yet no one here so far.

Craftsman
Great spreadsheet, Nia!

Could you maybe add me to the list of November-born dwarves? The second, to be precise.
I've been told I joined the old plaza on the 20th of February 2005 :shock:
Joined Narv's project on June 15.

Fea
Haha thanks @Balfur ! (p.s. You know what, it's so weird, every time I see your username I keep wanting to call you Balfie, but I can't even recall if that was how I ever actually addressed you - which would probably have been back in the days when I generally went by Taz anyway, so a LONG WHILE ago. Either way, it was probably highly annoying if I did do that, and rest assured I shan't begin now :smiley9:)

Pls check back shortly and you should miraculously have appeared on said spreadsheet. :smiley8:

[edit: all added!]

Elven Enchanter
I know I'm probably one of the youngest members of NarvPlaza (I think Andro is younger, but that's about it) and probably one of the later ones to join, again because of my real life age. I was around for about a year before the switch over to Regions and never got used to them.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Craftsman
@Nia TAZ! Bless you, I had forgotten that name, though I remembered I knew you before the name-change!
Goodness, that is a long time ago, because the only time I allowed that was when I was in my foo-phase. I think that time stopped when Balfur divorced his first wife...
But you may always adress me as Balfie ;) I'm old enough now to not be bothered by it
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
In true Nerwen fashion you all need to know that I am about..10 hours older than @Balfur with an IRL birthday of 01/11 haha. My PV in 27/11/03
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Fea
And we edge ever closer to the elusive October birthday. Who will claim the prize??
@Queen Nerwen - will add you once I'm on my other laptop where the file is saved

@Balfur (I might pick Balfie back up then! :smiley15: ) - I did think maybe you wouldn't have recognised the new name :smiley8: . Talking of your foo phase, I was going through my photobucket again yesterday and found this. I figured I must have made it around 2006 or something. Aside from the utter ridiculousness of the crappy MS Paint and the frankly horrifying little pink hearts to represent marriages (not to mention the huge 'by Tazynia Dagda'), my favourite thing is the colour of your name.

Craftsman
Ah look, @Queen Nerwen, the part of the family we don't talk about! (except Mognar) Also, you are sooo much older than I am, with the time-zone difference I have calculated you went about seven and twenty whole hours crying for your hubby to be born :smiley17:

@Tazzy 2006 seems about right. In earlier versions of this family I was both Tink's son and Nim's (then Aisil) husband, making me my own great grandfather :lol:
Which would make you both my auntie and my granddaughter... I remember now why I forget I was ever a Dagda. Still, thanks for the memories, you wise old ent you.
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Fea
November vying for the top spot in terms of plaza birthdays. January better watch out.

@Balfie Might pick my purple back up, I miss that colour. Yeah t'was a truly bonkers set of family connections we all had going on there. And for the memories, you are most welcome! :smiley8:

Weathered Ent
It would be interesting to see if we can dig through the archives and find some of the old Entish family trees. I do know that Lanthy kept one and she had several Entings, I was one of hers.
Huorn of Fangorn

Chef
here to beef up the january stats (and flex my plaza junior join date)

Birthday: January 5
OG Plazaversary: February 9 (2003)
Whatever This Thing Is Plazaversary: April 19

Fea
Long story short: my work laptop sucks

Short story long:
my personal laptop is in for repair now that these sorts of useful trades are back in business, so I used my work laptop for this most recent update. But as some of us have identified, my work laptop takes exception to imgbb images, so I used imgur. But I can now see the image on neither my work laptop nor personal phone (which never had a problem with images before).

So it could be a real cliffhanger of a wait for you all to see that sweet new April row appear on the new plazaversary column until I have my other laptop back to sort this mess out (I'm not making that spreadsheet again on my phone or tablet, that is for sure), OR you might all be seeing it right now in which case - enjoy!

Luckily no one noticed I accidentally give Windy two birthdays and Lantaelen none in the last update of the spreadsheet.

Also, if Fory comes to visit this thread at any point, she does actually have an October birthday and therefore the hunt for that ends, but I feel it's cheating to tag her or prompt her to come here in any way.

Also I guess happy belated Canada Day and 4th July to the Canadians and Americans amongst us.

Black Númenórean
@Nia - I think the image link you've used is a web url, not an image file - from inspecting the page it looks like you want to use this url

Fea
@Tarawen Danke! :smiley8: :smiley17:

Black Númenórean
Of course - your epic spreadsheet needs to be seen! <3

Fea
Oh no just spotted I'm going to have to have a second go at it anyway. Narv's 2003 is masquerading as a 2016 or something. I shall rectify that situation tomorrow.

Master Torturer
I want 2 birthdays!!

Captain of Tower
Because I will likely forget on Monday - a happy early birthday to Li!
Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien