Tree Hobbit INSANITY: A Somewhat Expected Quest OOC Thread

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Melkor
Melkor
BASIL BROS. PICTURES (LOGO)
ENTMOOT ENTERTAINMENT AT DERNDINGLE HOLLOW (LOGO)
CORRUPTED-GOLDBERRY MAIA (LOGO)

ENTMOOT ENTERTAINMENT AT DERNDINGLE HOLLOW (LOGO) AND CORRUPTED-GOLDBERRY MAIA (LOGO) present

A SWALLOWCOCONUT PLAY PRODUCTION

DIRECTED BY
: FINGSANYA
CO-DIRECTED BY: SHRUBSTACHE THE ANGRY HUORN

TheTree BurrahobbitHobbit: A Somewhat Expected Quest

Inspired by the 2002 LOTR INSANITY Thread

Source for Movie Transcript: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WSL ... &forcehl=1

Previous the Hobbit INSANITY Thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=145

Main Thread
: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=496

CASTING CALL: T(H)REE TROLLS TERRORIZE THIRTEEN (or so) TRAVELERS (also a Radagast scene)

Prompter- Dwarrow Elf

BY CATEGORY (you are encouraged to grab more than one part):

Thorin and Company:
Dori-
Nori-
Ori-
Oin-
Gloin- Giliathriel
Bifur-
Bofur-
Bombur- Fuin Elda
Fili- Queen Nerwen
Kili- Sil
Balin- Dimcairien Luiniel
Dwalin-
Thorin- Androthelm
Gandalf- Lirimaer
Bilbo- Fairy Nuff

Filler characters:

Radagast- KingofDuckingham
Radagast's Bird- Aerlinn
Radagast's Bird's Mate-
Sebastian the Hedgehog- Moriel
Giant Spiders- Lirimaer
Radagast's Large Rabbits- Dimcairien Luiniel

Trolls:

Bert- KingofDuckingham
Tom- Androthelm
William- Fairy Nuff

Unnecessary Cameo included into script but with no scripted lines
??? (I will give you a choice of characters for you to play as)- Lirimaer

AUDIENCE- Nienna

Previously on The Hobbit Insanity, Orco del Oro, along with his helper, Mordor Troll, decided to direct a reenactment of The Quest for Erebor. Some highlights in that RPG (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=145 ) include the death of the person who was supposed to play Tauriel, Dain earning the title of 'Oakenshield', an impromptu actor's union strike, the incapacitation of the director, Orco del Oro, and the complete collapse of the stage at the end of the curtain call. Those were just some of the highlights, so please feel free to revisit that thread.

Anyways, a new director has been appointed, and a new location has been setup in Derndingle over in Fangorn Forest. Derndingle was the clearing where they had the Entmoot you see, and it is one of the few clearings in Fangorn Forest where one could setup a theatre without getting grabbed by Huorns. The new director is Fingsanya, an affable being with dyed light-blue hair. She wants all the actors to have fun and enjoy themselves ^_^. Her co-director represents the Fangorn Huorn Contingent, Shrubstache the Angry Huorn. This huorn was once a shrubbery but has now become more entish and gained sentience. Shrubstache the Angry Huorn will ensure that all actors obey the many rules of Fangorn that have been etched along the Misty Mountains for all travelers to see, for there are many rules and Fangorn specifically discourages the use of paper.

Fingsanya trusts that the casted members, based on the prompt, can improvise the script. Shrubstache the Angry Huorn does not trust any of you, however, and has stone tablets with cues etched on them. Anyone who is brave enough to enter Fangorn Forest may see this theatrical performance. To compensate for their time and the danger of traveling through Fangorn Forest, they are given food, like fallen leaves; refreshments, including ent draughts; and Bruised Fruit. Boxes of Bruised Fruit are next to all audience members' seats. After all, ents only eat fruit that naturally falls off of trees and they expect you to do so as well.

FANGORN PROMPT SPECIALTY

During each prompt, all applicable actors will be assigned a different word they have to use a certain amount of times in their post. You will be penalized if you do not use the word/use it the incorrect amount of times.

FANGORN ROTTEN TOMATO MINI-GAME

All actors are 'voluntary' participants of the Fangorn Rotten Tomato Mini-Game. The game will occur immediately following the end deadline for a prompt (a prompt lasts for 48-72 hours, depending on said prompt). In this game, Shrubstache and any interested audience members can throw 1 item of whatever they wish at any actor they wish to target. Idle actors make great targets after all :). It will be recorded each time somebody is hit by fruit on the "Board of Rotten Tomatoes". This board shall be edited in the OP of the OOC thread and updated accordingly

MINI-GAME RULES

1. All actors automatically enter the mini-game.
2. The mini-game will occur immediately after the end of a prompt and before the beginning of a new prompt
3. Audience members have 48 hours to choose 1 item to throw at one actor
4. Following the 48 hours, Actors have 24 hours to respond.
5a. A 6-sided die roll shall be cast. If actor does not respond, a result of 1 will result in a dodge, 2-6 will result in a hit.
5b. If an actor responds with a post I like (funny, serious, seriously funny, etc.), I will increase the dodge rate accordingly up to a die roll of 5 (1-5) resulting in a dodge.
6. Each time a person is hit, it shall be recorded on "The Board of Rotten Tomatoes"
7. If you get hit, 1 point will be deducted from your score on the board (e.g 0 becomes -1). Dodging will earn you one point, however (e.g 0 becomes 1)
8. There are hidden achievements in this game, and if you meet these arbitrary achievements, you will earn points in this RPG
9. Those who end with a score of at least a 0 or higher may automatically reprise their role for the next section of the RPG (the next casting call). Those in the negatives will have to manually sign-up again.

HIDDEN ACHIEVEMENTS UNLOCKED

TEACHER'S PET (earn extra point(s) on the Fangorn vocabulary mini-game) (+10 individual points)- Lirimaer, Androthelm, Dimcairien Luiniel

MELKOR'S WHAT? (reference Melkor in a non-conventional manner) (+10 individual points)- Lirimaer

FOURTH WALL BREAKER (break the Fourth Wall in your first post) (+5 individual points)- Lirimaer, Androthelm, Fuin Elda, Dimcairien Luiniel, Sil

FLEXIBLE ROLE-PLAYER (successfully justify another RPer's questionable actions) (+20 points)- Lirimaer

CONSTANT VIGILANCE (defend yourself in the Rotten Tomato Mini-Game without anyone ever targeting you) (+10 individual points)- Lirimaer, Fuin Elda

I LIKE TORTOISES (interact with tortoises) (+5 individual points)- Fuin Elda, Sil

MIND READER (Somehow read the mind of another RPer) (+5 individual points)- Fuin Elda

YOU DON'T NEED A LIVING PET (interact with pet rocks) (+5 individual points)- Sil, Dimcairien Luiniel

TALL TALE (make up an outrageous story that probably is not true) (+5 individual points)- Sil

WRONG FRANCHISE I (remind the GM of a character from another franchise) (+10 individual points)- Androthelm

FASHIONABLY LATE (technically arrive late but post before the end of the first prompt) (+10 individual points)- Dimcairien Luiniel

Board of Rotten Tomatoes

Lirimaer- 60
Dimcairien Luiniel- 33
Androthelm- 28
Fuin Elda- 27
Sil- 23
Last edited by Rivvy Elf on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:40 am, edited 14 times in total.

Melkor
Melkor
SHOP-MART ITEM CARRYOVER FROM PREVIOUS RPG:

@Thalionwen Hunigfolm: Lifetime Nurnen Water, two all expenses paid vacations to Mt. Doom Resort and Spa, and 9/10 of one sock.

@Lirimaer: 3 diamonds and a cactus

@KingODuckingham: 14 pairs of socks and 19/20th of a pair of socks

@merSILess: Unofficial monopoly on Nurnen Natural Water, 1 frying pan, and 3 pairs of socks and 3/4th of a pair of socks.

@DEATH: 3 counterfeit replica Tony Awards: one for "Best Art Design," one for "Best Extra," and one for "Best Special Effects". 1 frying pan, and 1 pair of socks and 2/5 of a pair of socks.

@Fairy Nuff: 1 counterfeit replica Tony Award for "Best Plant," 1 frying pan, 1 diamond, and 1 pair of socks.

Elven Enchanter
OOOH YAY! Insanity is back! Are the rabbits in this part yet? If so, I'd love to play a rabbit and can I please have Balin again?

I'm unsure of who I'll be using as my actor in this thread, but Zarâm is the most likely one to get involved in something like this.

Warrior of Imladris
I would like to be Gandalf and some spiders if possible. I can't remember who was Gandalf last time. Otherwise I shall audience.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Melkor
Melkor
@Dimcairien Luiniel ...I reread the script and indeed they are in this part! You get to play as a rabbit and you also have Balin!

@Lirimaer Yes, go ahead! Gandalf was not in the last RPG. The last time he appeared in the Hobbit Insanity was back in the Old Plaza a few years ago, where I had a St. Bernard's dog replacement actor play as him.

Arien
Arien
Kili please
cave anserem

Warrior of Imladris
I read that as Kill me please. Which I thought was a bit extreme.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Istari Steward
I would like to play as many trolls as other people do not claim, and I prioritize Bert, William, and Tom for myself in that order, if that makes sense.

Also, if nobody else claims Radagast I might as well play him too I am a wizard after all frig

Melkor
Melkor
@merSILess Kili is yours! I also had the same thought as Lirimaer.

@KingODuckingham Radagast is yours, and I have reserved you Bert. If no one claims William or Tom you get to play those parts too :D

Black Númenórean
SEBASTIAN PLEASE
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Melkor
Melkor
@Moriel Sebastian is yours!

Esquire of The Mark
Can I be Bilbo please? And if it's not too greedy, also William the troll? Thanks - so excited!
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Loremaster of the Herd
I'll take Tom, since the other trolls are taken! And Thorin, if nobody else wants him.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Warrior of Imladris
I may need to sign up for an Unscripted Cameo too ;)

Melkor
Melkor
@Fairy Nuff: Bilbo is yours! William the troll is yours as well!

@Androthelm: Thorin and Tom are both yours! Welcome to the Insanity!

@Lirimaer: You have signed up for an unscripted cameo. I will send a private message via discord of your character choices.

Warrior of Imladris
:thumbs:

New Soul
I'd gladly be part of the audience, please

Melkor
Melkor
@Nienna Welcome to the cheering/jeering section!

Healer of Imladris
I know I kinda faded out of the last one but Yavie is just dying to play Radagast's Bird.
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Melkor
Melkor
@Aerlinn Radagast's Bird is Yavie's for the taking!

Esquire of The Mark
Not sure when you were planning on starting things off, but FYI i'm away for 5 days from 24-29 August with only phone data so not sure if I will have access to Plaza in that time.
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Melkor
Melkor
@Fairy Nuff That's good to know Fairy! We don't quite have enough peeps yet but... I should be able to get the main thread up by next week with September as the current starting point for the RPG.

Esquire of The Mark
Great, I should be back in time then!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
I will be Fili so I can mess about with my bro.
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Melkor
Melkor
@Queen Nerwen Fili is yours! Welcome to the Insanity!

Dúnadan
if I'm not too late I can be Gloin!

Melkor
Melkor
@Giliathriel Gloin is yours! It is never too late! Welcome to the Insanity

High Lord of Imladris
I would love to play Bombur.
Sereg a Dîn

Melkor
Melkor
@Fuin Elda
Bombur is yours! Welcome to the Insanity!

Melkor
Melkor
Okay, the First prompt is up! After a week, then the audience shall respond accordingly.

Oh by the way, in terms of the assignment of words, you don't HAVE to use them. Just know that you'll get a penalty if you don't, probably in terms of lowering the success of saving throws in the rotten tomato mini-game.

But if you do use them... Heh, you might get some benefits.

Arien
Arien
Can I just say there’s some unbeLEAFable pro-Ent favouritism going on here regarding the word choices we all got. Random word generator suuuuuuure :hammer:
cave anserem

Melkor
Melkor
You can totally point out the pro-ent favoritism in the word choices, yes.

Arien
Arien
@Fuin Elda, Silarien and Silendris are entirely different characters and if you ask Silarien about the mordor mush incident in the pub she’s going to have no idea what you’re on about :googly:
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
Apologies will edit too many Sils lol
Sereg a Dîn

Melkor
Melkor
Yes you may contest my arbitrary judgements in terms of vocabulary points. Also the first post in the OOC thread has been updated with the unlocked achievements and the board of rotten tomatoes

Arien
Arien
@Sparky Boy @Androthelm @Lirimaer @Queen Nerwen @Dimcairien Luiniel bumpity bump prompity prompt
cave anserem

Elven Enchanter
@HONK HONK Thanks for the alert. I totally forgot about this thread. Will try and post sometime tonight.

Melkor
Melkor
@HONK HONK Oh, thanks for bumping the thread! I am being swamped by school and college right now (that's right, both those two since I'm a teacher candidate). I should be able to start the timer on the Rotten tomatoes mini-game tomorrow

Loremaster of the Herd
ahh sorry @HONK HONK, I may have to phase out Halfan -- swamped with school right now.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Melkor
Melkor
@Androthelm No issue! Like yourself I am likewise swamped.... Looks like I'll actually have time tomorrow to update the thread.

EDIT: If only I can Dracarys my work away

Dúnadan
I'm so sorry too! Work has kept me busy, as well as working on song comissions. I'll get it updated as soon as I can!

Melkor
Melkor
Your Khaleesi is a patient one, @Negotiator, and we can wait a little longer before the rotten tomatoes mini-game.

Melkor
Melkor
A bunch of stuff has been popping up over in Meereen, while Astapor has been acting up again with their demands for the return of slavery, but y'all should expect an actual update tomorrow.