Oogie Boogie's Wheel of Fun 🎃🦇

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Storyteller

"When Mr. Oogie Boogie says
There's trouble close at hand
You'd better pay attention now
'Cause I'm the Boogie Man
And if you aren't shakin'
There's something very wrong
'Cause this may be the last time
You hear the boogie song"

Uh oh! You've fallen into Oogie Boogie's lair! He's a gamblin' Boogie Man, although he don't play fair. Beating him in a game of chance is the only way you're escaping there!

How the game works:

- Each player is given 10 gambling chips to start with. The player with the most chips at the end of the game will be released from the lair. The rest will suffer an unfortunate demise!
- Each round you will have the chance to gain more chips by placing bets on cards. The amount of chips you bet each round is your choice. Bet on RED or BLACK for the chance to win 2X your bet. Bet on , , , for the chance to win 4X your bet.
- Example bets: "I'll put 5 chips on black." Potential win: 10 chips. "I'm putting two chips on hearts!" Potential win: 8 chips.
- If you pick the correct colour or suit, you win your chips and can bet again. If you pick wrong, you will have to face the WHEEL OF FUN.
- The wheel is fun for Oogie Boogie, not you. If you are faced with the wheel, you will be given a random & spooky obstacle or challenge to face (eg. a cloud of bats or haunted skeletons) and you must RP how you overcome or escape this obstacle. If you successfully beat your wheel challenge, you can bet again.
- The minimum amount of chips you can have is one, so if you lose all your chips, you will receive another one and be able to play on.
- Sign up by RP'ing your unfortunate descent into Oogie's underground lair and make your first bet.

Arien
Arien
The horrible goose had been busily engaged in pecking free a crucial-looking pipe in Hallowe’en Town when the ground gave way beneath him and he fell...

...into a seat at Oogie Boogie’s gambling den.

“HONK,” said the goose, loudly. This was about par for the course for him.

A grinning, slightly plastique skeleton croupier slid a number of chips in front of the goose. The goose reflexively bit the skeleton before turning to examine his new loot.

Thoughtfully, he pushed a couple of the chips onto the wheel using his beak.

Goose bets two chips on Red!
cave anserem

Storyteller
Oogie Boogie

It had been a long time since anyone had fallen into Oogie Boogie's lair. Lock, Shock and Barrel had obviously been slacking off and not luring enough victims to the treehouse. But tonight felt different. He could feel it in the air, victims were coming his way. Tonight was Halloween, and for the Boogie Man, that meant fun!

He spent the evening making all the preparations. He'd filled his own sack (which held his body together) with plenty of bugs, so he was feeling good to go. His lair was dark, but the decorations were bright. His slot machines were ready and loaded. His wheel of fun was lubricated and spinning well. And most importantly, all of his traps were stocked and ready. Bugs, bats, tricks, treats, dead things, and whatever else you could imagine. He shuffled his giant cards in anticipation of the night's games. This was going to be enjoyable.

Edit: Simul! Sil, Oogie Boogie will react to your post in the next update. :)

Khazad Elder
Down the shoot went Tyrion, into the den of one Sur Oogie Boogie - a burlapy fat fellow. A gambling den - with a Goose placing a bet with its beak. Chips were slid in front of him by a puppet on a string and the wheel was about to be spun. It was all a dream, the dwarf knew, but who could not resist a good betting game, even in a dream. He would wake up soon and be back in his room. Calling out to the puppet he said.
"Is the wine on the house, or does one have to pay for it?"

Two chips on black, please

Healer of Imladris
The bone had tempted Zero through the cemetery, up and down Spiral Hill and around and around the pumpkin patch before he found himself chasing it furiously up and into Lock, Shock and Barrel's tree house. A grave mistake. As white as snow, and with no apparent owner, the treat was surely bad news. But he was so close!

Zero made one last charge for the bone, his ear flapping madly in determination, and whoosh! It went down the chute and the dog dived blindly after it before he realized his mistake. He was in Oogie Boogie's lair and the chute was closed behind him. There was only one way out, but what did a dog know of gambling?

Two chips on spades, woof woof!

Thain of The Mark
Sally didn't know why she'd trusted anything Lock, Shock, and Barrel said. She should have known something was up when they cackled as she'd agreed to the blindfold and to let them lead her away. Jack was a bit of a dunce when it came to romantic surprises, though, and him asking those three to fetch her for a surprise date had seemed... reasonable.

Apparently, though, it had all been Oogie Boogie's plan, and as soon as she'd felt herself falling into his lair, she'd ripped the blindfold off, but it was too late. She was stuck, so she might as well play.

Seven chips on hearts.

Black Númenórean
Spider-Man

Mid-battle with Mysterio, the floor opened up beneath Spider-Man’s feet and he fell and fell. His cries of horror ended suddenly when he landed with a THUNK in a chair at a table. He tensed and turned this way and that. “Mysterio?”

He looked with suspicion at the being who shoved a stack of chips at him. His Peter ting—I mean, his Spidey senses, which had been on such high alert in the weird dreamscape that old Quentin had teed up, were dormant now. Huh. At any moment, though, the projections and attack could begin again. He’d need to be careful.

Spider-Man tilted his head at the stack of chips. It seemed that other creatures had been wagering chips. Oo! A game! Odds and probability! “All right! I’ve never been allowed to gamble before!” he said to no one in particular.

Two chips on diamonds
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Storyteller
Oogie Boogie rubbed his hands (or the ends of his burlap sack together) as the victims started to fall down into his lair. Lock, Shock and Barrel had done well tonight! Oogie Boogie floated up high into the air, up into the dark where he could not be seen, then suddenly his face appeared in giant form above the crow. A deep, horrible laughter filled the lair. "You're all stuck now, there's nothing you can do!" He began to sing. "No baked dinner tonight, only snake and spider stew!"

"The only way any of you are getting out of here alive, IS TO WIN MY GAME!"

And with that, the chips began to fall and the players made their first bets. He spun the smaller wheel with glee, bugs falling out of his sack as he did so, and waited to see who did well and who was going to face the Wheel of Fun.

Storyteller
Roulette Spins:

Goose - This is the first goose that Oogie Boogie's ever seen in his lair! You bet two chips on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose two chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Tyrion - Oogie Boogie answers your question about wine. Of course it's on the house! A glass of sticky blood like wine (which probably is blood) appears in front of you. You bet two chips on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive four chips back and may bet again.

Zero - You lucky dog, there are all sorts of bones down here for you to chew on. There are skeletons all around the place! You bet two chips on . You landed on . You lose two chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Sally - Oogie Boogie is pleasantly surprised to see you in his lair again! You bet seven chips on . You landed on . You lose seven chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Spider-Man - Oogie Boogie is pleased to see you arrive. He has lots of spiders down here for you to play with. You bet two chips on . You landed on . You receive 8 chips back and can bet again.

Wheel of Fun Spins:

Goose - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on MOUSE TRAPS! Dozens of mouse traps fall into the lair, all around you, big ones and little ones, snapping every time you step. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Zero - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on CREEPING HANDS! A dozen severed hands fall into the lair, then start creeping towards you on their fingers. They are bloody and ugly and out to get you. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Sally - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on MURDEROUS CROWS! A murder of big, angry crows appear in the lair and swoop towards you, attacking you and squawking wildly. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Chips held:

Spider-Man @Zôrzimril : 16
@Tyrion Lannister : 12
Goose @Sil : 8
Zero @Yávië : 8
@Sally : 3

Arien
Arien
HONK HONK! This was outrageous! Goose flapped his wings in disgust.

This was a mistake. Mouse traps began to fall about him: nasty, snappy things. Goose was familiar with nasty, snappy things, as he was chief amongst them. He clapped his wings shut promptly, pecked the first up delicately with his beak and cast it into the path of another. Within the small space this created he simply spread his wings again and flew up above the chaos. Perhaps they would go for the severed hands, instead.

Goose bets another chip on Black, if he’s allowed to bet again??
cave anserem

Thain of The Mark
"Oh no!" Sally cried as her bet lost, quite miserably, and then she cringed as the Wheel of Fun loosed a murder of crows on her. For a moment she was at a loss of how to deal with them--crows were clever, and could easily undo all her stitching and scatter herself far and wide.

Ah-ha! She could spare an arm, and just before the crows swarmed her, Sally tugged the stitches loose on her left arm, and then tossed the limb up into the crowd of crows. When they became distracted by the new object amongst them, she grabbed her three remaining chips and quickly moved to another spot in the room. After watching for a moment to see that the crows were thoroughly distracted by her former arm, Sally sighed with relief, and then looked at her remaining chips.

"Three chips on red, please," she said, scowling at Oogie Boogie.

Khazad Elder
The bloody wine was down right smooth. A little thick maybe, but it left a warm feeling in Tyrion's chest, which suited him just fine. The continuous over-head music in the gambling den - "Your joking, Your joking, I can't believe my eyes! Your joking, Your joking, I can't believe my ears!' - was a little obnoxious, but he had won 4 chips, to his delight. Things were looking good. He was ready to bet again.

(the dwarf counted on his short fingers) I had 10 chips and I placed 2 on Black. That left me 8 chips. I won 4. Which means I now have 12 chips.

I shall place 5 chips on Red, please!

Healer of Imladris
What was this? Extra hands? For petting! For playing! For scritches behind the ears! Zero barked in excitement and tentatively wagged his tail as they approached. Then one grabbed roughly at his snout and tore at his little glowing jack-o-lantern.

"Not my nose!" the dog yipped and shot up ceiling-wards. Growling his high-pitched growl in ferocious indignation he dove back down and snapped one of the things up in his jaws. It barely fit, but he shook his head and swung it around determinedly, batting all the other hands back away from him. "Gerroff! Gerroff me! Grrrrrr. Grrrrrerrr!"

He hurried to Sally when they finally retreated, and nudged sadly at her torn left side. He'd show that Oogie Boogie what for!

Three chips on red, grrrrrrr!

Black Númenórean
Spider-Man

“Sweet!” exclaimed Spider-Man, beaming behind his mask. His two chips had turned into eight! Just to make sure this wasn’t a trap set by Mysterio, he scooped them up and tapped them against each other to confirm they were solid. Taptaptap. Excellent. Definitely real.

Peter, the math and science nerd, did some quick calculations. Mental math was, after all, just as cool as mega strength.

“Four chips on black,” he said, pushing the chips forward. He crossed his arms and leaned back, hoping this would make him look both tough and casual, like a mob guy from those super old Chicago gangster movies.

Storyteller
Roulette Spins:

Goose - Turns out mouse traps are no danger to geese! You bet one chip on BLACK. You landed on RED. You lose one chip and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Sally - Oogie Boogie appreciates a good scowl, and decides not to rig the game against you this round. You bet three chips on RED. You landed on RED. You receive six chips back and may bet again.

Zero - Hey! Stop chewing on the severed hands! You bet three chips on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose three chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Tyrion - Would you like some more blood wine? You bet five chips on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose five chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Spider-Man - Oogie Boogie looks at you with confusion as you win again. It's almost like you have some kind of spider-sense. You bet four chips on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive 8 chips back and can bet again.

Wheel of Fun Spins:

Goose - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on FLYING KNIVES! Dozens of nasty looking knives appear from out of nowhere, flying at you from every direction. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Tyrion - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on CREEPING HANDS! A dozen severed hands fall into the lair, then start creeping towards you on their fingers. They are bloody and ugly and out to get you. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Zero - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on SHRUNKEN HEADS! Oogie appears with a sack full of shrunken heads then throws them in your direction. They are all cracking jokes and trying to insult you. Some are even trying to bite you. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Chips held:

Spider-Man @Zôrzimril : 20
@Tyrion Lannister : 7
Goose @HONK HONK : 7
@Sally : 6

Zero @Yávië : 5

Please note, anyone is welcome to join at any time!

Thain of The Mark
Sally sighed with relief as Oogie Boogie gave her three more chips. She gave a forlorn look at the empty spot where her left arm had resided, debating if she should risk losing another limb so quickly. After a moment's contemplation, she made up her mind.

"I'll take three chips on spades!" Sally declared, sliding the chips across to Oogie Boogie.

Arien
Arien
HONK! HONK! honked the Goose furiously. Cheated again! Quick as lightning the Goose fluttered heavily over to Oogie Boogie and attempted to peck viciously at the burlap sack: in vain, of course, as the hemp was too thick for even Goose’s blunt beak. Moodily, the Goose slunk back to his seat only to be assaulted by throwing knives which sliced at him out of the air, apparently from nowhere. Hastily, the Goose dived under the betting table, hunching up awkwardly as the THCHUNK of knives hitting all around his place made him bristle all his feathers. Thoroughly humiliated, he waddled out as soon as the barrage had ended and hissed angrily, coiling his neck like a snake. He’d lost a couple of feathers.

Chip on Red
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
Spider-Man

“Ohhh! Noice!” He’d just doubled his bet! He scooped up the eight chips he’d received and piled them gleefully alongside his other chips. Spider-Man was beginning to let his guard down now, the conflict with Mysterio all but forgotten in the thrill of speculation.

He drummed his fingers on the table dramatically. “What to do, what to do?” he mused aloud. He glanced around. A goose nearby was having a really tough time of it. Wait. Why was there a goose in here? And it had just been attacked by knives. This seemed very Mysterio-us.

“Um, excuse me,” he said to the goose. “Are you real? No wait, sorry, stupid question. Um. Never mind.” He turned awkwardly back to his place at the table, trying to pretend this had never happened. He’d just have to trust his Spidey senses. He pushed five chips forward this time. “Five on red.”

Khazad Elder
This blood wine was smooth. But the betting sucked. Losing five chips and having to face Oogie's spinning wheel, Tyrion was not prepared for what happened next. "A dozen severed hands fell into the lair, then start creeping towards him on their fingers. They were bloody and ugly and look like they want to kill him."
The first thing the dwarf noticed was that the hands desperately need a manicure. Preferring to think of himself as a lover and not a fighter, and the fact that these hands had no eyes, the mangy bearded dwarf, had a plan. And so, sometime later, the dwarf having acquired manicure tools (anything can happen in Halloween Town), was gently cleaning and repairing the last of the hands. The other hands that he had finished, were crawling over his body stroking and rubbing him in a most pleasurable way.
When one is small, twisted, an ugly, one has to use their mind and wits to get their way.

I will bet 2 chips on red, please.

Healer of Imladris
"Is your brain as tattered as your ears?"
"Jack never does his laundry, huh?"
"How'd you get those black eyes? Did a big, old, meanie beat you up little doggy?"
"Does your nose grow longer too, Pinocchio? I bet it just glows like a freak!"

"BARK BARK BARK GRRRRRRRRAAAAARF! GRRRRRRRR HOOOOUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Zero flew into a rage, looping round and round the shrunken heads and yipping at them in fury. "I can guide sleighs with this nose you half-sized face faces! You hamster-born elderberry-smelling fiends! You...you...you...talking heads!"

He bore down on them, matching them nip for nip and snap for snap. "You wrinkled, soft-toothed louts! You straw-haired cadavers! Go crawl away with the CATS!" He dove back towards Oogie Boogie with all five chips in his mouth. "Tell your creepy crawly minion goons to stay away from my nose!" he snarkled. "GRRRRRROOOOOOOWAAARF GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Five chips on black, black like Oogie's heart.

Storyteller
Sorry for the delay everyone, I was away visiting family over the weekend. :winkkiss:
Roulette Spins:

Sally - Let's see if we can lose you another arm! You bet three chips on . You landed on . You lose three chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Goose - Oogie Boogie does not appreciate getting pecked by geese, so he shakes some bugs out in your direction, not realising a bird would probably actually like that. You bet one chip on RED. You landed on RED. You receive two chips back and may bet again.

Spider-Man - Mysterio Oogie Boogie thinks it's about time you tried his Wheel of Fun. You bet five chips on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose five chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Tyrion - Even Oogie is kind of creeped out by you using the creeping hands for a massage! You bet two chips on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose two chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Zero - Oogie thinks it would be most fun to rig this against you and throw more shrunken heads at you, but alas... You bet five chips on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive 10 chips back and can bet again.

Wheel of Fun Spins:

Sally - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on MAGICAL FLYING BROOMS! Dozens of brooms fly into the lair, some of which try and whack you with their handles, while others try and sweep you into the abyss. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Spider-Man - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on FLYING KNIVES! Dozens of nasty looking knives appear from out of nowhere, flying at you from every direction. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Tyrion- Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on SHRUNKEN HEADS! Oogie appears with a sack full of shrunken heads then throws them in your direction. They are all cracking jokes and trying to insult you. Some are even trying to bite you. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Chips held:

Spider-Man @San : 15
Zero @Yávië : 10
Goose @HONK HONK : 8
@Tyrion Lannister : 5
Sally @WRONG LEVER KRONK! : 3

If anyone would still like to join, you are very welcome to come in and make your first bet.

Thain of The Mark
Flying brooms?! This was just ridiculous, but at least it was a little better than the murder of crows. Even as the brooms started to whack her and try to sweep her away, Sally realized just how fortunate it was that she was stitched together and stuffed with leaves. Being whacked with the broom handles couldn't really hurt her all that much, and while it was annoying that the brooms were trying to sweep her away entirely in the void, she was fairly lightweight and limber and easily dodged them.

At last, whatever magic was fueling the brooms finally gave up and Sally returned to the table once the brooms had all fallen to the floor, lifeless.

She gave another scowl to Oogie Boogie, and pushed two of her remaining chips over. "Two on black, please," she grumbled, beginning to wonder much of Jack would mind if she started flirting with Oogie Boogie to get out of this mess. She had already lost an arm, after all.

Khazad Elder
The hands had really relaxed the imp with their stroking. He had lost more chips, though, and had to roll again. This time a bunch of heads came charging at him. The heads were tell jokes (bad ones as far as Tyrion was concerned) and laughing. Some were a little over zealous and tried to bite him. This was become an overly exhausting game, for a poker match. Swatting the heads away, he decided he would have to play rough this time.
"This is the Bravo's Dance, the Water Dance. It is swift... and sudden!" the dwarf said as he suddenly began to move about the heads, step jumping forcefully on them, his crooked legs move him about the floor. The sound of popping eyes and shatter skulls could be heard as the dwarf speed up his movements, his boots crashing down on the heads.
Sometime later, the dwarf sat down at the betting table and wiped his brow with a silk scarf. The dance had been vigorous, but the heads now appeared all dead. Holding out his glass to the puppet on the string, he called out.

"More blood wine, my wooden friend!!"

3 chips on Black please

Black Númenórean
Spider-Man

“I mean, it makes sense that I couldn’t just win forever,” Spider-Man reasoned to himself. “The probability of that is so infinitesimally small...” He continued muttering a bit about probability and odds, and had just convinced himself it would be okay when his Spidey senses went into overdrive. The air stirred. There was a faint whistling sound. Something was hurtling toward him.

With superhero-level instincts, Spider-Man leapt into the air, flipping over once as two blades passed within millimeters of him. He shot out some webs to swing himself out of harm’s way and to catch several knives in the sticky stuff while he was at it. “Mysterio?!?” he yelled again. But the knives, like everything else down here so far, were real. Those not caught in the webs he’d spun thunked into the walls or clattered to the ground around him.

“What the hell, man??” he asked, turning to the sad sack of potatoes (no really, he literally looked like a burlap sack come to life) who seemed to be the host here. “Geez, what’s next?” he muttered, pushing two chips forward. “Alright, fine. Two chips on black. Again.”

Storyteller
Roulette Spins:

Sally - "Looks like Jack's not coming to save you tonight," Oogie taunts to you, bugs falling out of his mouth as he speaks. You bet two chips on BLACK. You landed on RED. You lose two chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Tyrion - Oogie Boogie is confused. You're the only non-vampire to ever ask for more blood wine. His puppet fills your cup regardless. You bet three chips on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive six chips back and may bet again.

Spider-Man - "What's next? I'll show you what's next..." Oogie laughs madly. You bet two chips on BLACK. You landed on RED. You lose two chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Wheel of Fun Spins:

Sally - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on MOUSE TRAPS! Dozens of mouse traps fall into the lair, all around you, big ones and little ones, snapping every time you step. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Spider-Man - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on LOCK, SHOCK & BARREL! Oogie's three little henchmen appear and start insulting you and pranking you with tricks like stink bombs and electric shockers. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Chips held:

Spider-Man @San : 13
@Tyrion Lannister : 8
Goose @HONK HONK : 8
Sally @Resistance is Futile : 1

Healer of Imladris
"GRRRRRROOOOOWA--arf?" Zero's growling stopped short and he stared at the small pile of chips he had one in mild shock. Well, that hadn't worked out so badly after all, nose-bashing shrunken heads or not. He gave a few pleased woofs and twitched his aforementioned nose hopefully at Oogie Boogie.

"I don't suppose you have any dog treats down here?" he barked with the sort of optimism that drove Jack mad. He let his ears droop and widened his eyes pleadingly. "All this gambling is hungry work, wot." Still emboldened by his recent success, he nudged five more chips to black.
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Khazad Elder
The spirituous blood wine, had simply gone straight to the Imp's head like noone he had ever drank before. Or had the sneaky bag of bugs, Oggie Boogie, slipped something into his cup? Whatever the case, Tyrion was having way to much fun. Especially since he discovered that Woody (the puppet on the strings), was a one-liner wizard when it came to jokes. He had the dwarf splitting at the seems with laughter as he cracked one after another whilst filling the little man's cup with more wine.
Doubled over with laughter, Tyrion threw caution to the wind and placed...

7 chips on Black, please

Arien
Arien
Goose had greedily pecked up the couple of bugs that had escaped from Oogie Boogie’s sack form. Full of snacks, he returned to the board.

You’d think geese are colourblind, but it isn’t so. However, that didn’t make Goose’s choices any more logical. Luck, and therefore Chaos, were his only guides.

Two chips on Black
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
Spider-Man

“Okay, man...” Spidey said warily as the sack guy laughed maniacally. It didn’t take long for the wannabe-Avenger to find out why the burlap sack man was cackling. Three henchmen of varying proportions emerged from nowhere and began heckling, bothering, and generally tormenting Spider-Man.

“Dude, stop that!” Spider-Man said, plucking one of the little guys off his back and tossing him bodily into the shadows. He couldn’t avoid the stink bomb nor the sting of an electric shocker, though. “Ow! Okay, that’s enough of THAT!”

With a few quick flicks of the wrist, Spider-Man shot webs at Lock, Shock, and Barrel and wrapped them up, cocoon-like, in sticky webs. He then webbed them all together and used more webs to hang them from the ceiling, where they hung suspended, rotating forlornly like a dim and grotesque disco ball.

“Sheesh,” he muttered, waving away the last vestiges of stink bomb in the air. “Alright. Fine. Three on red this time, Sack Guy.”

Storyteller
Roulette Spins:

Zero - Since you asked for some dog treats, Oogie shakes a pile of various bugs out of his sack for you. You bet five chips on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive ten chips back and may bet again.

Tyrion - Oogie is pleased to see you throw caution to the wind. That blood wine must be having the intended effect. You bet seven chips on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive fourteen chips back and may bet again.

Goose - You bet two chips on BLACK. You landed on RED. You lose two chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Spider-Man - Oogie is shocked but amused by the way you strung up his henchmen. Maybe this would teach them to be sneakier about things. You bet three chips on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose three chips and must face the Wheel of Fun.

Wheel of Fun Spins:

Goose - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on MR. SCARECROW! A tall, creepy looking scarecrow with a huge pumpkin for a head appears. He comes for you, swinging his nasty scythe. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Spider-Man - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on VAMPIRE BATS! A huge colony of bats carrying the vampire gene descend into the lair, screeching wildly, and try to attack you in a mad panic. You don't want these ones biting you! Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Chips held:

Zero @Yávië : 15
@Tyrion Lannister : 15
Spider-Man @THE MAIDEN FAIR : 10
Goose @HONEY IN HER HAIR : 6
Sally @Taethowen : 1

Khazad Elder
Tyrion was pleased with his last gamble. Funny thing about the drink in his cup - the blood wine - it never made his head heavy or sore. But again, this could be a trick on Oogie Boogie's part and the pain would come later. "So enjoy it while you can, son," he thought to himself as he motioned to Woody to fill his cup again.

"Mm, this blood wine, Woody", the Imp said between tastes, "it spreads a warm feeling through my veins and love arrows through my heart. Whoever got drained for this vintage, must have been one of the happiest chaps around!" Smiling at the puppet, he leaned in and whispered.
"I hope this Nightmare never ends!"

4 chips on the red

Black Númenórean
Spider-Man

No sooner had Spidey placed - and lost - his next bet than a cloud of bats burst into the Sack Guy’s lair. “Oh come ON!” Spider-Man yelled. He swung about the place like crazy, bouncing off the walls and even kicking off from the still-webbed-up henchmen at times to avoid the bats’ vicious fangs. “How! Am! I! Going! To! Deal! With! This!” Each word was punctuated by a change in direction as he swerved and swung about. The bats were everywhere! But maybe if he could seal them off...yes! That’s it!

“Droney!” he said, waking up the little spider-shaped drone attached to his suit. “I need you to distract those bats! Draw them up toward the ceiling!” The little robot hummed away obediently, emitting a high-frequency sound sure to attract the bats.

The rush of wings calmed within the lair as the bats flew upward in pursuit of the drone. Once they were high enough, Spider-Man crawled up a wall and shot thick webbing to seal them into a corner of the lair’s upper regions. The little drone slipped through the last opening just before Spider-Man sealed it off.

“Phew!” he sighed. He wiped his brow dramatically. “Nice work, Droney. Well, uh, hopefully those bats stay in there.” He turned to face Oogie Boogie. “I think you’ve got the wrong superhero, guy. And three on red!”

Healer of Imladris
"Mmmm, crickets. Don't mind if I do!" Zero sampled a few of Oogie Boogie's bugs--except the spiders, you can never trust those fellows--and fluttered in satisfaction. They weren't peanut butter cookies, or milk bones or dried GOOSE jerky, but they had a nice crunch. But now what? He went to push a few more chips onto his lucky black and knocked over an entire stack instead. Uh oh!

10 chips on black, awoooof! Chaaaaaaaaaaaarge!

Storyteller
Notice: This will be the final round of the game! Last chance to gamble everything and get yourself into the lead. Only the winner can escape the lair! No one will face the Wheel of Fun after this round, only survival or eternal torment by Oogie Boogie.

Roulette Spins:

Tyrion - You bet four chips on ♥️. You landed on ♣️. You lose four chips and must face the Wheel of Fun for the last time.

Spider-Man - You bet three chips on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose three chips and must face the Wheel of Fun for the last time.

Zero - You bet ten chips on BLACK. You landed on RED. You lose ten chips and must face the Wheel of Fun for the last time.

Wheel of Fun Spins:

Tyrion - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on MAGICAL FLYING BROOMS! Dozens of brooms fly into the lair, some of which try and whack you with their handles, while others try and sweep you into the abyss. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then make your final bet.

Spider-Man - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on THE UNDEAD! A hoard of zombies suddenly dig themselves out from below the platform and make moves for you, muttering "BRAINS...". Don't let them bite you! Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then make your final bet.

Zero - Oogie spins the wheel and it lands on AN ANGRY BLACK CAT! A sinister looking black cat appears from the darkness, then snarls and hisses, before charging at you and attacking madly. Please RP how you overcome this obstacle, then bet again.

Chips held:

@Tyrion Lannister : 11
Spider-Man @THE MAIDEN FAIR : 7
Goose @HONEY IN HER HAIR : 6
Zero @Yávië : 5

Khazad Elder
Tyrion was being swept away, literally. A bunch of corn brooms had appeared in the gambling lair and had begun to assault him. Still feeling happy from the blood wine, and having learnt how to ride at a young age, the dwarf grabbed the wooden handle of a passing broom and jumped up on it with a loud " Yeehaw"!
Tyrion had straddled many strange and different things in his life, but never a broom. Soon he was flying about the lair having a grand old time. Oogie Boogie sure knew how to entertain. Dropping some chips down, he placed his final beat.

11 chips on black

Black Númenórean
Spider-Man

“I swear, if this whole thing was something Mysterio cooked up...” Spider-Man mumbled as he watched the wheel spin. He had lost his penultimate bet and now would pay some sort of spooky price. Again.

This time it was a bunch of zombies. “Oh, cool!” Spidey proclaimed. “It’s like that show, the Walking Dead! And, uh, all the other movies and shows about zombies!”

While Spider-Man was distracted by this exciting turn of events, a zombie crawled across the floor of Oogie Boogie’s lair and seized Spidey’s ankle. “Okay! That’s a liiiittle too close for comfort!” he yelped, kicking his foot violently to loosen to zombie’s grip. He escaped and scurried up a wall, stopping once he was comfortably above the chaotic scene and out of harm’s way. The only problem was, he still had one last bet to make! And he couldn’t reach his chips from here!

He’d been instructed not to let them bite. Well, he was armed with a lot of sticky webbing. That’s it!

Jets of web flew in all directions, landing with precise aim on the zombies’ mouths and sealing them shut. “Ha!” Spider-Man shouted, jumping down to face Oogie Boogie and the muzzled zombies. “You never said I had to, like, clear them out of here, or anything.”

He confidently pushed all seven of his chips toward the gambling sack guy. “All in on RED!”

Arien
Arien
The Goose squawked in an awkward panic as a huge, pumpkin headed scarecrow leered into his path, swinging a scythe. Goose flapped his wings and fluttered awkwardly out of the way, ducking underneath the scythe and viciously pecking several beakfuls of straw from the scarecrow, before flying up to the head where Goose perched, triumphantly relieved himself, and dug his beak savagely into the pumpkin face. To strike at Goose would be to strike at its own head!

6 chips on BLACK!
cave anserem

Healer of Imladris
The angry black cat charged madly at him, and Zero charged madly back. Fur flew, blankets balked, snouts snarled! The yipping and yapping and yowling was a deafening riot.

"YAPYAPYOOOOOOROOOOOOMEEEEEEEHISSSSSOOOOWWWYAPYAPYIP!"

They somersaulted around in a blur of black and white with Zero's nose blinking in and out of view like a turn signal. Ears were elbowed, paws were pummeled, tails were torn. Zero was not a large dog, and the cat was not a small cat. It was a stalemate. Unless...

Zero broke away from the fight in a flurry of yapping and dove straight into the horde of now-muzzled zombies. The cat followed blindly until the ghostly dog floated straight upwards, away from the maddened feline and still-hungry horde of undead. They might not be able to eat the cat with their mouths webbed shut by that kid, but they could slow it down long enough for Zero to make his final bet.

He dove down, still barking furiously and headbutted his remaining chips into the center of the table with woefully excessive force.

All in on RED, or see me dead(er)! WOOOOOOOOOOF!

Storyteller
Final Roulette Spins:

Tyrion - You bet eleven chips on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive twenty two chips back!

Spider-Man - You went all in on RED. You landed on BLACK. You lose all your chips.

Goose - You went all in on BLACK. You landed on BLACK. You receive twelve chips back!

Zero - You went all in on RED. You landed on RED. You receive ten chips back!

Final chip count:

@Tyrion Lannister : 22
Goose @HONEY IN HER HAIR : 12
Spider-Man @THE MAIDEN FAIR : 0

Congratulations to all of you for surviving the horrors of the lair. But unfortunately, only one of you can escape! @Tyrion Lannister, you finished with the most amount of chips, therefore you are allowed to escape. :clap: Perhaps it was all that blood wine which emboldened you to gamble like a champ. Lock, Shock and Barrel open a trap-door under you, which drops you into a dark slide which then spits you back out into Halloween Town.

The rest of you, it's time to get to know Oogie Boogie better, because you're stuck with him forever! :mwahaha:

Thanks all for playing, it was a fun game to GM. :grin:

Khazad Elder
Tyrion hit the ground with a teeth jarring, thud. Rubbing his jaw to ease the pain, he suddenly felt another even more tremendous pain begin to split his head like an ax to wood. He rested his head in his hands as it played a throbbing, pounding, tune accompanied by the thudding of his jaw. The party had been fun, but three weeks of drinking blood wine was finally catching up. He may have escaped Oogie's lair, but the bag of bugs made sure the dwarf payed the price.
"Oh oh, my poor, poor, pitiful, head!"

Thanks @Dwimmerlaik! Fun game!! Tyrion had a great time with Oogie Boogie, Woody the puppet and the neverending blood wine.😉
The world was fair in Durin's Day