Ranger Headquarters II (OOC)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
High Warden of Tower
@Isolde Alarion No need for a horse, and added Mourgan already after we chatted. :D

@Nessa Saelind We still haven't gotten anywhere that would require peeling potatoes... :P

Black Númenórean
We always need PO-TAY-TOES
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Warden of Tower
As in... use potatoes as ammunition for slingshot or catapult to throw at the enemy?

New Soul
@Pele Alarion - like the scout's motto says: it's always good to be prepared :grin: And unless we are being attacked or attacking a large horde of wild hungry hobbits :lol: let's not catapult or slingshot potatoes just yet :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
@Pele Alarion , let's see if I can beat @Ercassie to replying as Nal, having Beren arrive in the nick of time with Isys in tow 😅! Should be finished tomorrow!
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Éowyn
Éowyn
Calling all Rangers who participated in the A Dangerous Threat / The Eastern Menace RPG threads to HQ!
Timeline: when returning home from said mission
For more info, read my post in the Ranger Commons
(More details of the way the RPG was supposed to play out will come to light later, one way or another....)
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
Arnyn wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:07 pm Timeline: when returning home from said mission
*pokes head in* Well, that escalated quickly. *puts healer's hat on* Might I gently nudge said rangers to drop by the Houses of Healing after the reports are made? To enjoy the serene atmosphere in the garden, have a cuppa and perhaps talk to a healer about what happened. *is subtle as an elephant in a china shop*
She/her.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Nessa Saelind wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:45 am @Pele Alarion will that next impromptu post with prompts contain who's on potato peeling duty? :lol:
Some of us are already peeling those auspicious spud types at the Inn, @Nessa Saelind :tongue: But apparently I ought be taking Ilisys to have healers check up on how her fractures are healing, etc, since the initial mission is officially debriefing it's folks now ?

My apologies offered here too @Arnyn, for having dropped in a response to Faramir's rpg, right after the King's almighty entrance in the HQ. :googly: :embarrassed: I had to weigh up the change of mood/scene/time with the need to move on so that @The King in Yellow's Ranger can enlist in good time to join us ! :winkkiss:

I did leave out my planned barracks mayhem with the unleashing of certain untrained dogs, at least for now though, so as not to detract from the other goings on in the thread. There shall come a time for such shenanigans (once the king is not watching, Shhhhhh!). :grin:

@Tharmáras, you have until I finish my post for the inn. Then I'm heading that way !
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
@Ercassie I know I'm a Woman of a Certain Age™ :lol: but Nal's valiant efforts of engagement with said vegetables were noted :lol: Success of said valiant efforts are yet to be determined :tongue: however, the gentle healer recommends that the lad has more practice in peeling potatoes in the hope that it will teach him A Valuable Lesson In Life :lol: *heads off find an anatomy book*
She/her.

@Nessa Saelind, duly noted, and undoubtedly agreed. :lol:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Balrog
I promise to get to that soon! I've been feeling barely motivated to do much writing (extreme lack of sleep and moving stress have taken a toll) but I should be able to write up somethin good and bounce my way over the RPG shortly
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Thanks for the epilogue, @Arnyn , and the chancd to recieve accolades now for the prior RP! I'll show up there as Beren. Is there a particular way you want us to appear in the headquarters with the captured Lieutenant who needs to be imprisoned?

@Nessa Saelind , so would I have two timelines in the healing house? 1. Beren there after the mission to see that Isys whom he healed can be inspected and so thst he can tell Nessa what happened? 2. Beren in present day for his absurdly late appointment about his PTSD and some more healing training with Nessa?

Okay, @Ercassie , I should be done by tomorrow afternoon and hopefully you won't be done by then with the inn so I don't have to write more :lol: :winkkiss: . I'm still anticipating our canine mischief in the Commons :smooch: 🐶. I'll be in two timelines there, Arynn's post-mission and present day.

Éowyn
Éowyn
@Nessa Saelind As in, a healer/psychologist, to mentally recover from the LT's baffling betrayal of the commander he seemed so utterly loyal to and in sync with? :lol:

@Tharmáras well yes... it's not because the RPG sizzled out that there can't be any recognition, right? And the Lt would be dropped at the dungeons first (there were plenty of witnesses after all, there is no discussion), so he would no longer be with the Rangers once they arrive at HQ. I will try and write an Arnyn or Kaylin post to lift the tip of the vail a bit more so you know what IS and ISN'T known from a witness viewpoint.

@Ercassie , that's okay. ;)
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
Sounds good, @Arnyn ! I'm excited! I'll wait for your post, friend!

New Soul
@Tharmáras - I am tempted to say that Beren has a continuous timeline :lol: in the Houses of Healing ever since a certain healer diagnosed him with PTSD and cajoled, bullied and blackmailed (not necessarily in that order) him to go to counselling for that :tongue: :smooch: And that he is a regular fixture at the HoH (and the nurses tease him relentlessly), when he chooses to come that is :lol:

@Arnyn - yes, that :lol: and for any other issues and injuries they may have. Promise we healers don't bite (much) :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
The nurses tease him and now he can flirt with the nurses until a certain Elf-lady - AiriencoughAirien - makes up her mind that she wants a mortal with a pathetically short lifespan, @Nessa Saelind .

New Soul
@Tharmáras Yes, and get slapped in the process too :tongue: most likely so he could be taught A Valuable Lesson In Life™ among other (medical) things he will undoubtedly get acquainted with. :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
Beren will get slapped as often as Jack Sparrow we will start seeing soon enough, @Nessa Saelind . 😅

New Soul
@Tharmáras *croons Cell block tango at him* He had it comin'/He had it comin'/He only had himself to blame *exits, stage left* :tongue:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
*practices some punching techniques just in case* Slaps are too weak for a Ranger... :tongue:

New Soul
That lyric is one of many which best describe Beren's life, @Nessa Saelind .

Pele being the first woman to punch Beren would be hysterical, @Pele Alarion :lol: ! Maybe we can fit that into the whole 'Beren recklessly endangering himself to rescue Mourgan' storyline @Isolde Alarion is speaking or will speak to you about for Hunters and the Hunted RPG. Or maybe because Beren has to disobey orders to do it. Like *Punch* "That was stupid, we needed you in this other place! Glad to see Mourg's alive though!" kind of thing :rofl: .

@Arnyn , I'm starting to reply back to your prompt in the Commons! Beren (visiting his Northern kin in Eriador at times) knew Aragorn before the War of the Ring and fought along side him in Lone Lands RPs of mine in the Old Plaza. I'm going to show that in the Imladris Forum here on the New Plaza which is set in the Third Age. Hoping you could have Aragorn remembering/recognizing Beren in your next King post some way for continuity's sake, friend :smooch: !

New Soul
Hold up, hold up! Before you fine rangers start the Let's use Beren for punching practice cause the punching bag is for newbs activities :lol: please allow me to set up a booth real quick so I can charge tickets. Cause running the Houses of Healing ain't cheap or easy people! :lol:

P.S. @Tharmáras promise to use some of the funds to patch Beren up and have him looking all nice and pretty. Heck we'll even do dentistry work :lol: *someone should really fix me a cuppa coffee :lol: *
She/her.

New Soul
You are a clever opportunist, @Nessa Saelind . Morana needs to stop corrupting you. Beren will have to send her a scathing letter. Airien will send a makeup kit to clean up Bear's handsome bruised mug. Tooth-pulling in Middle-earth....the Valar will hear him screaming and Aman isn't even located in Arda anymore.

New Soul
@Tharmáras - to quote the 9th and 13th Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
P.S. I never mentioned anything about tooth pulling :tongue: :smooch: and tell Airien to put a few black kohl pencils with the kit :tongue:
She/her.

New Soul
Airien using kohl for makeup was mentioned in the Masquerade when I described the Black Swan (she had done Mauya's makeup) so no worries about that; the Elf-lady is quite fond of kohl pencils :nod: :smooch: .

I love Quark, Rom, and Nog :rofl: !

Edit: Almost done with my Hunters and Hunted post! Trying to finish within the hour.

New Soul
Awww @Ercassie Nal looks like a confused and sad puppy in your HQ post *hugs* Really loved how you wrote that :smooch:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
@Tharmáras Err... I think insubordination would need more severe ways of treatment than a simple punch, in a battle situation that could put the whole company's lives in danger. *serious nod* But who knows... too much silliness and getting on nerves might earn Beren a punch. :tongue:

New Soul
I assure you the moment Faramir sees Beren in my first Hunters and Hunted post, he'll be annoyed by the silly man :rofl: .

I'm done with my post for the RPG after spending the last full day writing it. I just need to edit the thing so I'm going to do that when I wake up. It's 6:13 AM and I'm just now getting to bed...Hul Gondor :headbang: :lol: :smooch: .

New Soul
Pele Alarion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 pm She wondered if reports of her own physical condition had reached the city, and whether the King would see it fit to lock her up in the Houses of Healing as a patient, or maybe even deem her unfit for duty no matter how well she had done afterwards.
This would go swimmingly with the staff :lol:

"Let me see if I understood you, sire," Quintus de Scardena said slowly, measuring his words and looking at the King with a slight frown on his face. "You would request and require of us to lock the Master Healer in the Houses of Healing until she is healed? You are aware, Your Grace, that we are not an asylum?" he said perhaps a bit too sardonically, but the words were loosened and there was no turning them back.

:lol: Oh, now we have to do something about this! :grin:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
Oh dear... Well, no one heard Pele thinking that, right? :lol: And she just needs good food, rest, and exercise... mostly. Yes.

New Soul
I'm just out here, throwing ideas at people like confetti or glitter :tongue: We'll see what sticks in the end :lol:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
@Nessa Saelind If you do manage to corner her by King's order or otherwise, might see about that. :grin: Otherwise, probably no chance. Heehee

New Soul
Posted a Classic Gondorian Long post in Hunters and the Hunted, you're welcome. Don't everyone thank me at once. :encore: :rofl:

I'll edit for bolding names later this evening.

Balrog
I'm in the process of reading it and I've already noted the use of the word "Fleeging" :lol:

I approve of this :mwahaha:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
I was hoping you'd caught that, @The King in Yellow 🤣. The use of "Fleeg" as an expletive, disparaging or otherwise, in RP posting should always be stated in OOC 🤣. Can't wait to swear fleeg around you 🤣!

New Soul
Pele Alarion wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:32 pm @Nessa Saelind If you do manage to corner her by King's order or otherwise, might see about that. :grin: Otherwise, probably no chance. Heehee
If you ever want to RP this King sends all the rangers, including the Master Healer, to report to the HoH after debriefing so the non-ranger healers can check if everyone's alive, unspoiled and fit for duty :lol: that door is always open. It's so open that the door doesn't even exist :lol: But on a serious note, thinking about what happened on that mission and how it ended, it really would be strange if the King doesn't order some kind of psychological evaluation. *thinking face* Just how to fit that in a fantasy faux-medieval setting, I don't know yet. But I shall endeavour to find out. *puts that on the list of neverending, but nonetheless interesting plot ideas to peruse* Like I said above, the door for this is so open that you can't even see the existence of a door :lol:

@Tharmáras why is the men's quarter of the barracks so atrociously decorated? And who did that so I might have a word? :stab: Bust of Denethor the second of his name... Of all our beloved rulers and stewards to decorate the halls... *sighs* :lol:

BTW I'm counting down the days until someone calls someone son de la Fleeg :lol:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
Ai, ai, ai. Rangers have definitely become disorderly and highly undisciplined. :whip:

New Soul
Beren has always been silly and disorganized @Pele Alarion , I am here to entertain and irritate you :rofl: :smooch: . He's one of those handsome nervewracking hotshot soldier types like Tom Cruise or Steve McQueen :rofl: . Then there's Nal...boys will be boys... :lol:
@Nessa Saelind , what bust of Denethor II :tongue: ? *Watches a moody janitor sick of Beren and Nal sweeping up the debris of the shattered scupture :rofl: * In the next RPG after this one, we'll see it replaced with a bust of Boromir. Wait...you were expecting Nal and Beren to be neat and orderly men who follow regulations ?
@Ercassie :winkkiss: and I make sure sure Nal and Beren are never boring...or bored.
Last edited by Eriol on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ensures that there will always be someone assigned to do the necessary chores like peeling potatoes and mucking out stables and things, after all. A little bit of infractions is thus essential for a perfectly functioning barracks etc. :grin:

New Soul
Yes, see by doing bad things we actually benefit the entire headquarters. It's sensible. We are a necessary evil.

High Warden of Tower
*remains unimpressed by any antics of Beren, Nal & Co, being a career-driven, efficiency and task-oriented warrior* With this much mischief kitchens would be overloaded with peeled potatoes and stables cleaned to perfection. :lol:

Hmmmm and how was it that Ilisys first met @Pele Alarion and Kaylin again, oh career-driven and efficient task-oriented warrior ? Something about the lady walking into a dung trap that you two pranksters had set up in the stables, as I do recall. :lol: :tongue:

High Warden of Tower
:shrug: It must have been Cadil's fault. :tongue:

New Soul
@Pele Alarion can I be like Hercules and wash out the stables with aid of the Anduin River? Maybe Beren can speak to Ossë? *joking but for the sake of irritating you further* :smiley15: :rofl: :smooch:

High Warden of Tower
Oh, just you wait! @Tharmáras *storms off to make evil plans* Maybe the dung trap wouldn't do the trick in this case; will have to use something different.

Éowyn
Éowyn
@Ercassie Kaylin denies any and all involvement. Oh no, wait. She would laugh and nod eagerly when asked about it. Right. Never mind. :grin:
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
I am anticipating your antics toward Beren, @Pele Alarion :rofl: .

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 pmWait...you were expecting Nal and Beren to be neat and orderly men who follow regulations?
Since I am neither Beren's nor Nal's wife nor mother the state of their living quarters does not interest me one bit my good fellow :lol: :tongue:
Pele Alarion wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:58 am (...) instead of having you scamper over the Pelennor like a flock of geese chased by a cook with a knife.
I died <3 Pele this is beyond perfect! <3 The image of certain rangers like geese is now forever in my mind and I thank you for this :smooch: You made my day!
She/her.

New Soul
Or Gondorians in the Donald Duck Universe, @Nessa Saelind .

High Warden of Tower
@Tharmáras Well, since Nal and Beren are indeed a part of the military, they will have to learn that attention to detail is very important unless they want to die on the field of battle because they are disorganised and fail to follow orders. *wise nod* Let me just figure out how to enforce this actually... Hmm.

@The King in Yellow If you want to join the RPG, this is a good time to jump in, else your char will have to run to catch up. :grin: I figure you can post both in HQ to finish enrolment and in RPG.