The Ringwraith Review

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Balrog
1) What is your favorite musical and why? Phantom of the Opera was the first music I ever listened to/watched, Les Mis is up there too, and then there's the obligatory Hamilton reference
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? Morality must be subjective, ethics are what must be objective
3) What would be your final words? either something of historical puissance like "I think I am becoming a god" or something more realistic like "oh fredegar off"
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
1) What is your favorite musical and why? 100% Les Miserables! The redemption, the tragedy, the revolution, the love, it pretty much has it all.
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? Subjective. maybe morality, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder...
3) What would be your final words? oh I don't know probably something really stupid or really sentimental (if I know what's coming).

Chef
Next round goes to @Lailyn because Les Miserables was my first musical love (thank you high school pit orchestra) and still one of my favorites today, up there with Rent and Hamilton. Also because my last words would also be really stupid. I like to think they'd be sentimental if I thought about it, but I imagine they'd be stupid regardless.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Ent Ancient
For once, there was a question here that was really easy for me to answer @Menolly and that was Les Mis. :lol: I'll stop there or I'll start singing!

1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal?
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME?
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises?

Balrog
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal? Channeling my inner Jorgy, I'd say two fried eggs, sausage, bacon, mushroomm, sweet peppers, and red quinoa all stir fried together with three slices of rye toast, 1 with cream cheese, 1 with peanut butter, 1 with pepper jelly, a handful of blueberries a tall glass of orange juice and strong black coffee with a little bit of Irish
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME? Frost, obviously. If we're talking about canon though, Mairon takes the cake (and eats it too).
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? sunsets, because I am a nyctophiliac
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal? Ham egg & chips and tea from Brown's Cafe in the covered market in Oxford. This sounds like the ideal situation in which to make an international flight for breakfast.
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME? I'm gonna to with Ar-Pharazôn, for the sheer audacity
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Sunsets generally, but Alaskan winter sunrises are something else.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal? Honestly any breakfast from Legends in Brighton was pretty stellar when I was there so I'll go with the English full breakfast from there or eggs and soldier
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME? Measse not a 'canon' character by anymeans nor do I suppose she ever makes it to Middle Earth itself (She's in Valinor when she's mentioned) but the fact there was once a dark goddess always made me smile...
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Sunsets mostly because I don't like being up for sunrises, and I love the dark that follows the sunset when the world is stained in a hard orange haze that mingles into a purple black dotted with stars for about 30 minutes in deep winter.

Master Torturer
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal? English breakfast, hold the mushrooms and black pudding..
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME? ... Duh..
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Sunsets, I am not an early riser :P

Black Númenórean
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal? While my favorite breakfast ever is eggs over easy, English muffins, a very large pile of extra-crispy hash browns, and lots of coffee... If I had unlimited money, @Moriel's response made me realize I'd get on a flight to Barcelona to get a chocolate croissant, café amb llet (café con leche), and un bocadillo de tortilla española. Nom.
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME? I do appreciate Melkor's desire to create his own stuff/cause musical chaos, plus he devised some pretty horrible psychological torment for Húrin & Family through that curse
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Sunsets
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Knight of The Mark
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal? A bagel with salad, ham and cheese and two boiled eggs.
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME? Glaurung
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Sunsets. I'm a night owl.

High Warden of Tower
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favorite breakfast meal? Hmm... Nothing fancy. Either oatmeal with fruit or omelette.
2. Who is your favorite dark power or villain in ME? Why should I like any dark powers? Nope. Well, maybe Smaug as one could at least have some sort of reasonable riddle stuff with 'm.
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Both, definitely BOTH! But sunrises are more readily available, as soon as I look out the window in the mornings. Here's proof...

Warrior of Imladris
1. You have unlimited money/time/resources or someone to cook it for you - What's your favourite breakfast meal? Whackly and I have a breakfast where we recreate a meal I got at a local cafe. It's parsley pesto, pico de gallo, halloumi and a fried egg on sourdough bread. Bacon on the side optional.
2. Who is your favourite dark power or villain in ME? I like Sauron in the First Age where he was all shape-shifty with a well-tuned sense of self-preservation.
3. Do you prefer sunsets or sunrises? Sunsets. As with many others, I'm not an early riser but I've got an ocean to the West, which makes for amazing sunsets.
I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
she / her

Ent Ancient
You all have me wanting breakfast for dinner now but I have to go with @Pele Alarion for being a fellow sunrise-lover! *high five* (gorgeous photo!)

High Warden of Tower
@Lailyn I might have to get up earlier and earlier to catch sunrises.

Questions then:

1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so?

2. What is your favourite hobby?

3. Where should I post next?
:lol:

Master Torturer
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? Imladris. Genocide..

2. What is your favourite hobby? Genealogy most likely, been doing it for almost 30 years! :O Mudlarking is super fun too though, but cant go atm because of lockdown :( Writing on forums is fun too <3

3. Where should I post next? Mordor! I double dare you..

Balrog
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? Technically I've played in all of them, I'd say Khazad-dum is the hardest though because I don't want my dwarves to be formulaic and they keep ending up that way

2. What is your favourite hobby? listening to, cataloguing, and track the trends within the dark ambient, black metal, and dungeon synth communities

3. Where should I post next? :lol: Mordor, in something serious. I should qualify this by saying that I love your orc character but Mordor is set up so that serious and silly can coexist in a very unique way

Istari Steward
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? I've played in them all, both on old and new plaza.

2. What is your favourite hobby? Board gaming, definitely.

3. Where should I post next? Write a sonnet for the thread of them in CoLP!

Black Númenórean
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? I've played in them all on NuPlaza, though to varying extents.

2. What is your favourite hobby? Running is my favorite form of exercise these days, and I might call it a hobby. Other than that, perhaps photography.

3. Where should I post next? :lol: I am going to echo the call for serious posts in Mordor somewhere! If enough of us nudge you to do so, it'll happen, right? :mwahaha:

High Warden of Tower
Errr, people, you are aware that I can't write a serious baddie minion for the life of me, right? :lol:

New Soul
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? - Erm a lot of them. :embarrassed: Probably more free time and knowledge about cultural backgrounds. :shrug:

2. What is your favourite hobby? - I'm assuming overanalysing texts doesn't count :lol: or does it? *thinking face* In case it doesn't it's makeup application.

3. Where should I post next? Ages of Arda :lol: I dare you! :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Knight of The Mark
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? Gondor, KD and Fangorn. Not much since I'm not around much these days.

2. What is your favourite hobby? I've recently discovered paint by sticker books so right now that is my favourite thing to do.

3. Where should I post next? Shire.

Master Torturer
Pele Alarion wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:50 am Errr, people, you are aware that I can't write a serious baddie minion for the life of me, right? :lol:
Feel free to be the victim...

High Lord of Imladris
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? I have played in all of them but I'd have to say that the Shire/Rohan are the ones I"m least active in. As for what would motivate me... I suppose some RP starting that wanted more people in it rather than a Free RP might do it.

2. What is your favourite hobby? Art. Or sewing. which is a type of art I guess.

3. Where should I post next? Gondor. Buccaneers of Belfalas. Go be a Swan Knight or something stopping the pirates from escaping lol

Easterling
1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so?
Haven't posted in any except here. This is my third post actually. So, don't expect anything from me and all I end up doing will be a win.
That being said, and to answer part two of your question: it would certainly help if anyone offered me cash.

2. What is your favourite hobby?
Some gaming, reading, hiking and cycling is always good.
3. Where should I post next?
Good question. I'm asking myself the same thing.

High Warden of Tower
I might take up some of the challenges, and then maybe not... will see. :lol:

@KingODuckingham You can ask away, as the sonnet is by far the most difficult thing to do...

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Missed quite a lot, but I'll just answer the most recent questions and thrilled to return. :grin:

1. Which kingdom you still haven't played in and what would motivate you to do so? I think I have posted/participated in at least one game or an RP in all of them. But I could be mis-remembering. If there is some way you can alter the time of the world and make days 26 hours long, that would definitely help motivate me to do more. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll probably use up those extra 2 hours sleeping. :googly:

2. What is your favourite hobby? Is a pastime considered a hobby? I don't play anymore, but it would be fun to join a rec baseball league again. Also, I'll be thrilled when we're able to return to ballparks and watch baseball games.

3. Where should I post next? For Gondor!
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Istari Steward
Sorry for anyone waiting, just didn't check in for a bit.

1. When you get the chance, what unusual food do you enjoy cooking and/or eating?
2. What is your proudest achievement of the year so far?
3. How do you prefer to celebrate (or not) your birthday?

Master Torturer
1. When you get the chance, what unusual food do you enjoy cooking and/or eating? Hoppit cookies (I dont really eat unusual things tbh)
2. What is your proudest achievement of the year so far? That I am still alive, despite my body's attempt at the opposite
3. How do you prefer to celebrate (or not) your birthday? With family, but as that is not an option, with my partner and takeout

Balrog
1. When you get the chance, what unusual food do you enjoy cooking and/or eating? some people consider cactus to be unusual, and squid. I enjoy both
2. What is your proudest achievement of the year so far? I managed to move and didn't end up homeless with all the last second planning and scheduling
3. How do you prefer to celebrate (or not) your birthday? I typically like to be ignored on my birthday, to the point that I often hide when the day itself comes around

1. When you get the chance, what unusual food do you enjoy cooking and/or eating?
I don't really cook anything unusual. When I do skillet-fried chicken instead of flour for the breading I always use crushed up pretzels, which is pretty much using flour anyway. I made it once for family and got them hooked, so we all crush up pretzels for breading.

This isn't unusual, but more of a very strange combination. My grandpa always ragged on me because I liked eating mashed potatoes and gravy for breakfast, with like eggs and ham and bacon. :googly:

2. What is your proudest achievement of the year so far?
Managing to read 9 books this year, which is the most I've done in a long time. My 2021 resolution is to read one letter from JRR Tolkien a day plus 10 books. I've only read a handful of Tolkien's letters and it's been really interesting getting additional background, details, and Tolkien's responses.

3. How do you prefer to celebrate (or not) your birthday?
I prefer not to celebrate and I think the people who celebrate a "birthweek" or "birthmonth" are weird. It's a birthDAY, that's one DAY. :lol: If anyone wishes me a happy birthday or does something for me, I obviously won't object because it's people showing kindness and they're thinking about you (always need more of that in the world). But if anyone sends me that smiley * :-/ * and just wishes me to "have a day" I'll be just as happy.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Black Númenórean
1. When you get the chance, what unusual food do you enjoy cooking and/or eating? I don't know that I really eat anything that I'd call particularly unusual? Although I've had some strong reactions to the concept of reindeer sausage, so let's go with that. Just wait, I'll post this and then remember something actually unusual.
2. What is your proudest achievement of the year so far? Moved states, sold my condo, successfully made it halfway through my first semester of my MFA, all without bankruptcy or having too major of a breakdown.
3. How do you prefer to celebrate (or not) your birthday? Quietly, usually. In normal times, would usually go out to dinner with my family, might treat myself to fancy coffee or baked goods. Often I'm working on my birthday, and rehearsal is one of my favorite places to be. One of my favorite birthdays in recent years was when I was in a different city and the company of the show I was working on went out for dinner after rehearsal on my birthday, found out it was my birthday, and it became an impromptu birthday dinner! I don't generally look to be the center of attention and never need it to be happy on my birthday, but it's warm and fuzzy when friends/coworkers do something of their own volition.

Black Númenórean
1. When you get the chance, what unusual food do you enjoy cooking and/or eating? Fake bacon? :lol:
2. What is your proudest achievement of the year so far? Landing a new job!
3. How do you prefer to celebrate (or not) your birthday? I'm really not much of a birthdays person. I mostly just like a quiet night in with tasty carry out. The one thing I'll do that's somewhat of a celebration is (in normal times) go out for a meal or drinks with my oldest friend, who happens to share the same birthday.

Istari Steward
Not sure how long to give this but nobody else has responded for a while. Passing it off to @Moriel in the hopes of hearing that she remembered something actually unusual that she eats. :tongue:

High Lord of Imladris
1. When you get the chance, what unusual food do you enjoy cooking and/or eating? Most unusual food....I'd say Tomato Spice Cake.
2. What is your proudest achievement of the year so far? Finding out I only owe $5K instead of 10K from moving and renovating a house and business that cost me about 300K in total between purchase price and renos and lawyer fees
3. How do you prefer to celebrate (or not) your birthday? I tend to like having a nice family meal with my parents and brother, and eat a Tomato spice cake.

Black Númenórean
Sadly I have still not remembered an unusual food :googly:

1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat?
2. What book is physically closest to you right now?
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet?

Master Torturer
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Lidl's lasagana, quite boring but still like it lol
2. What book is physically closest to you right now? Uh many, as I am sat right next to my bookshelf lol, so all my Brandon Sanderson books are the closest.
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? Tap in the bathroom, keep forgetting to call the landlord.

High Lord of Imladris
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Social food. So garlic sausage, marble cheese, pickles, bread/crackers. Sometimes I add sliced tomato
2. What book is physically closest to you right now? LOTR it's in my suitcase currently
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? New lighting fixtures in the basement and upstairs bathroom

Balrog
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? I recently started cooking vegan sausage and wild rice. I haven't had it 4 times this week, thank you very much. 3... well maybe
2. What book is physically closest to you right now? The Limited Edition "The Yellow King: Annotated Edition" by Robert W. Chambers and Kenneth Hite
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? Thank the gods I have yet have any issues with the new apartment

New Soul
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? - Čokolino. :lol:
2. What book is physically closest to you right now? - Well if we're talking about proper paper books, all of them are on the shelves in the hallway at the moment... Wait, no, no that's not true, some are under the bed because of lack of storage reason. Let's see what's there now. Please hold caller! Putovanja by Ibn Battuta (the Croatian translation of The Travels (الرحلة, Rihla).
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? - The shower holder in the bathroom. I need to tighten something there, but can never be bothered to do it :lol:
She/her.

Chef
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Boxed macaroni and cheese. I know how to make a really good white sauce and make mac and cheese from scratch, but sometimes that box with the powdered cheese packet is exactly what I want.
2. What book is physically closest to you right now? D&D player's handbook sitting on the couch next to me, I just leveled up my gnome ranger/rogue for a session later today.
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? Mysterious shower drip that stops and starts and stops when I turn the faucet handle just so. And then starts again randomly a week later.

Istari Steward
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Spaghetti with meat sauce is probably the most boring food I really enjoy.
2. What book is physically closest to you right now? Pathfinder's Bestiary 2, though that's a bit of a cheap answer since it's holding my computer fan in place for me as I'm too lazy to reset it properly. I haven't actually opened the book in absolute ages.
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? Uhh yeah this list is unfortunately long and near the bottom of the list is this really annoying spot on our floor where the ground underneath dips, which has caused a slight but noticeable crack in the floor as it bends. :brickwall:

1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Macaroni and cheese

2. What book is physically closest to you right now? There is a stack a books next to my desk. *removes the notepad on top of the stack* And we have...The Hobbit

3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? Garage door opener. I've been opening and closing the garage door manually for about 8 months now.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Istari Savant
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Toast with butter. Maybe with hagelslag depending on the day.

2. What book is physically closest to you right now? In All Likelihood by Yudi Pawitan. Quite a great book, you should totes check it out.

3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? Stabilizing the magnetic knife rack. Drilling through the tile backsplash was a bit unsteady so the screw doesn't hold well. Need to fill it, probably redrill and put the screw back in.
What, she killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? - Jayne Cobb

High Warden of Tower
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Pancakes... though I experiment them so much that they are not boring.

2. What book is physically closest to you right now? Several magazines of cross-word puzzles. And shelves with many books.

3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? Nothing to fix in this apartment; the thing I haven't gotten around to yet is buying a new bed.

Fea
1. What is a totally boring food that you love to cook or/and eat? Anything containing either bread or pasta. I'm a regular carb fiend.
2. What book is physically closest to you right now? Aside from my work notebook, which I am discounting, Only When I Laugh by Paul Merton.
3. What annoying thing needs fixing in your home that you haven't gotten around to yet? A light in the hallway has gone, but none of us can figure out how to reach it.

Black Númenórean
I'm gonna go with @Menolly because powdered cheese is a mood

Chef
Big 2020/2021 powdered cheese energy happening here, that's for sure. Thanks @Moriel!

1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time?
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be?
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year?

Orc Chieftain
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time? Supernatural, which I really should get back to (been watching it from the beginning on Amazon Prime), since I've been busy buying personalized children's books online, even though I don't have any kids (been buying them for myself)! :lol:
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be? Something sharp to lop off their heads with, obviously
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year? Get into an official college, though I'm not sure if I should stick with Volcanology or train to be a Vet Tech (been watching Dr. Pol on Thursdays to make up for Supernatural not being on anymore, even though it's on a different channel). I will be continuing with the latest volcano course I'm enrolled in on edX, since it doesn't make a lot of sense to quit in the middle. After all, it's an introductory course that is self paced (though I have to keep altering the dates, since I keep getting busy with roleplaying)
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

New Soul
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time? - Um, oh... This is a tough one... *thinking face* Arhg I can't decide! OK here we go: The Expanse, Line of Duty and Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. Don't @ me here! Alright, this is hard! It's like asking a mother who's your favourite child! :lol:
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be? - A Kalashnikov rifle with a silencer. Yes it's specific, don't ask. :lol:
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year? - I really want to get a new job, but I don't think that's going to happen because reasons, so let's go for realistic goals shall we... See my family.
She/her.

Balrog
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time? Hannibal, Hannibal, Hannibal, Hannibal, Hannibal, Hannibal (and some Schitt's Creek) :lol:
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be? a spear
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year? Finally publish a few short stories I have wasting away in the Bear Archives (or Bearchives if you will)