Entmoot: AnnouncemENTs

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Ent High Elder
Greetings fellow Ents, Entwives, and other forest-dwellers!

The Entmoot, in times of yore, was a gathering of the Ents to discuss important topics for the forest. The greatest one of legend is when Treebeard summomed the Ents to deal with the treacherous Saruman. In our Plaza days, the Entmoot was the official OOC "business" thread for Fangorn.

We have the "Fangorn Forever" thread to discuss topic ideas and memories, but this business thread can also serve for more "official" topics.

Our first task has been handed down by Narv....to design a banner for our Kingdom. You can see the details here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=128
Last edited by Mojo on Sun May 31, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
Would you be interested in using this as a banner?

If you are I can submit it. Of if you like one of the other images in mt art thread better I can use a online editor to make it in into a banner shape.

Art thread here ---> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89
Huorn of Fangorn

Esquire of The Mark
You'd be the Face of Fangorn!

It does look suitably tree-ish :)
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Ent High Elder
I am not artistic at all, so I'm open to any and all suggestions, personally.

Also, since we don't have Rulers or Admins yet, I'd propose we gather some suggestions and put it up to a vote of the Fangorn membership... but also since we don't have Rulers or Admins, I'm not "in charge" so that's just my suggestion.
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
I'll just leave that one as my submission since that is a piece that I get the most positive feedback on. It is also a nice banner size. The shape won't mess up the screen for people.
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent High Elder
I'm not sure if New Plaza has copyright rules or anything (a lot of the banner art is borrowed from John Howe/Alan Lee paintings), but I really like this John Howe pic:

Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
I really like it too. I like the look of those Ents with branches and leaves popping out on then. The detail of the painting would add interest to the header.
Huorn of Fangorn

Khazad Elder
I love that art by John Howe. It's very iconic and includes both the Wizards and the Ents which I think is inclusive of the Wizzies around here

Ent High Elder
The Wizzies seem to have picked Rohan though, despite our best attempts to court them..... :smiley13:
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
This one is designed to be a banner. I put a border on it to match the forum and reduced the height of the image
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent High Elder
Oooh I like that one a lot! Nice work Oakie! That really captures the spirit of the forest!
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
If you find a image you like better - I can adjust the height and add the Fangorn colored boarder so that it fits the Kingdom better. The main advantage of this image is that I made it and you won't have to be concerned about the artist popping in and asking you to take it down. I have had that happen on another website where I am an admin. In fact it happens regularly on that site, where artists or authors contact us asking to have their material taken down.
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent High Elder
A few others I found...

This one captures the "old and close" feeling but might be a little too dark...

I like the rays of light shining in this one

This one has a little bit of everything (darkness, light, trees, rocks, water)
Fangorn Forever

Ent High Elder
Calling all PoENTs! The first foray into bringing back IK Competitions has been started over in the Cottage of Lost Play. Check the thread here for more details and information:

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4044#p4044
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
The bottom image I can work with because of the size. The middle one is a bit small. I wouldn't be able to get a very good quality banner off that. Tomorrow I will work on making a banner out of the bottom image.
Huorn of Fangorn

Weathered Ent
Here is your banner. If you like it, we can submit it. I like this image myself.

Huorn of Fangorn

Ent High Elder
Thanks Oak I think it looks great!

One last thought - do we want to add any text to it or just leave it as the image? I dont have a strong opinion either way.
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
I prefer it without the text. Other kingdoms haven't been adding text. I would think having text would get old after a while.
Huorn of Fangorn

Ent High Elder
Cool, thanks for the feedback, we can probably always change it later if we feel it's getting old and stale (*voice in the back of my branches nothing in Fangorn gets old and stale, it just IS*)
Fangorn Forever

Esquire of The Mark
:smiley22: I love it, nice mix of dark and light
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Ent High Elder
@Fairy Nuff Thanks! I think it nicely captures a lot of the elements of the forest, glad you like it!
Fangorn Forever

New Soul
oh, I love the banner. Dark, old and mysterious with a hint of light, as is Fangorn. Thank you, @Mojo and @Oak !

Ent High Elder
Thanks for everyone who helped out with the banner! Our forum page now looks a lot more hoom hom treeish.
Fangorn Forever

Weathered Ent
Yay! It really does look like we are in Fangorn. That particular image was a personal favorite of mine.
Huorn of Fangorn

Wise Ent
NIce banner! Very treeish and Entish.
Do not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for You are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup.

Ent High Elder
Hey everyone! For those who enjoyed inter-kingdom competitions back in the day, there have been some early forays into bringing some of them back. For anyone interested in Word Sleuth (the Plaza-fied version of Scrabble), there is a sign-up thread for a practice game over in Imladris -> https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 6798#p6798
Fangorn Forever

Wise Ent
Thanks Mojo. I was never great at Scrabble....but might give it a try.
Do not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, for You are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup.

Ent High Elder
By the way, now that there are a LOT more things up and running on the Plaza,it's hard to keep up with everything, so if anyone else espies any fun activities happening in other kingdoms, feel free to drop them here!

Or any other announcements for the good of the forest, in general.
Fangorn Forever

Ent High Elder
Should we do another Ent Moot Point? Seems like most people have gone through the first set of questions. Any suggestions for topics/questions?
Fangorn Forever

Wise Ent
I"d say we should. If we hadn't already talked somewhat about what to do, I'd suggest maybe that.

But since we did....maybe some Lore?

Istari Steward
I guess I don't know how the Ent Moot works exactly but I like the idea of something Lore related!

Ent High Elder
Fangorn Forever - general chat, catching up, memories of old Fangorn
Ent Moot - Businessy stuff
Ent Moot Point - Random questions to help us get to know each other
Keepers of the Lists - Lore talk
Last edited by Mojo on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fangorn Forever

Istari Steward
Ah I see, so maybe we could have some lore-flavored questions about each other, like "what's your favorite Middle-earth location (and why is it Fangorn)" or "what's your favorite sounding name given to a Middle-earth character?" or some other questions like that?

Ent Ancient
Also would love to see something Lore related! I'm trying to brush up on my knowledge. So much has fallen out of my brain that anything helps right now.

Ent High Elder
@KingODuckingham & @Lailyn we had started a discussion on the ecology in Middle Earth in the Keepers of the Lists thread, but it kind of died out so we could start up a new topic!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=107
Fangorn Forever

Ent Ancient
Thanks @Mojo. Interesting thread. I love ecology. Accidentally sort of stumbled into for work. Just popped my little horse head in, though I am not as wise and learned as you Ents!

Ent High Elder
Gondor is hosting an Olympics-style series of Games. All of the games are individual competitions and you can choose your own team if you wish to have your score added to an overall group (so it is NOT by Kingdom), but if you like differENT types of games, go check it out -> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=246
Fangorn Forever

Ent High Elder
I heard some interest from people in working on developing/fleshing out their Entish characters. maybe an Ent Moot Point with some questions on character history/background/development would be useful and worthwhile?
Fangorn Forever

Istari Steward
I'm not an Ent but I for one would like this, would be a good way for me to pick back up where I left off on the plaza, and who knows? It could inspire some new ideas or sparks thoughts I wouldn't have had about characterization otherwise.

Ent High Elder
@KingODuckingham It's okay we all know there are branches hiding underneath that hat of yours
Fangorn Forever

Thain of The Mark
Fangorn is officially invited to send any interested parties to join in the fun for the Edoras Summer Festival!

The 2020 Miss/ter Meduseld Pageant (part of the Edoras Summer Festival) will be OPEN FOR PARTICIPANT SIGN-UPS June 18-19!

Sign-ups are LIVE!

ALL are welcome to participate, regardless of Kingdom!

Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Thain of The Mark
Word is spreading across Middle-Earth seeking the greatest warriors to come prove their mettle and complete for the title of Champion.

THINK YOU ARE THE BEST WARRIOR IN MIDDLE EARTH?

Then prove it, I dare ya!

Campian, Tournament of Champions
is open for one month only. Enter the free-for-all melee and face the madness of the battlefield to determine who arises the victor. The victor will be titled tournament Champion along with all the bragging rights that come with being Middle-Earth's greatest warrior!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=342

Thain of The Mark
Errrr.... hopefully I'll be forgiven for double posting because I want to bump this thread so people see the below:-

Have you seen any amazing role-play and want to applaud the genius behind it and point at it for everyone to see and say 'wow, have you seen that? Look at that, isn't it great?

Have you recently been impressed with someone's amazing knowledge of lore and the speed in which they respond to queries and are wondering if somehow they are cheating and actually their like a walking encyclopedia like Data off Start Trek, but Tolkien-based?

Are you quietly a little intimated by someone's cunning riddle skills but you want to let them know its ok, you still love them, you're struggling to keep up but are actually really glad they have found someone to exhibit this frighteningly impressive ability!

Is there someone in particular that has made you feel super welcome and listened to you, coached you when you needed a bit of a cinfidence boost, or who made you feel validated and uplifted on the plaza and now you just want to give them a big, massive, digital hug?

Share the love here:- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=361

This is not the greatest thread in the world. No, this is just a tribute!

Balrog
Feeling bored and need a challenge? Want to test yourself in the ultimate game of darts? Want to heckle, bother, and taunt some dart players? Come on down to On the Rocks and enter...
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent High Elder
I must say the quality of header images has vastly improved since our old MS Paint days, though in some ways I also miss the terrible Paint-made banners of old.
Fangorn Forever

Black Númenórean

Got a quarrel to resolve? A grudge to settle? Someone you want to sue? Anything else remotely legal (or illegal)?
Bring it to the Halls of Injustice where the Mouth of Sauron will decide your fate.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Thain of The Mark

The Edoras Infirmary has opened for business! Residents of all kingdoms are welcome!

Got a paper cut? Lose a limb? Experiencing a mystery fever? Our skilled staff can help!

Searching for employment as a healer or looking to train as one? We're hiring!

Want to pet a mini horse? We've got those too!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=395
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

New Soul

Come one, come all! Welcome to the House of Master Elrond, who has graciously allowed us to use his rather magnificent kitchens for this little experiment. Who will be crowned the Cook Supreme?

(Characters from all kingdoms welcome. Put your skills to the test!)

viewtopic.php?p=20761#p20761
She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

Thain of The Mark
IT'S PARTY TIME

The Riddermark Summer Festival After-Party is now open. Come drink, dine and dance, applaud and cheer the announcement of each of the festival event's winners, and find out who has been lucky enough to win one of the special festival awards.

Open to all; no need to have taken part in the festival events to join us.

Black Númenórean
The Great Mathom Mix-up: ån RP Game!

It’s Silas Hardwick’s birthday party! As is the custom with Hobbit birthday parties, there are presents for all and sundry... but there’s been an Accident! Unfortunately, the table with all the presents on has been toppled over by Silas’ new kitten - and she’s torn off all the ribbons with the name labels on too... so nobody knows what might be in each box! There’s only one way to solve this crisis: everybody get stuck in, have some cakes and ale, and start unwrapping presents! Some of them may be Unexpected, but some of them may be delightful surprises!

So come on over to the party, pick a present to unwrap, and help Silas name his rascally kitten! Who will find the most valuable presents, and who will get stuck with the mathoms? Take your chances here!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her