Ranger Headquarters II (OOC)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
High Warden of Tower
@Ercassie Come to think of it... why not? Might as well and see if I can adjust my post that shows up last and redirect us a bit.

New Soul
I like this idea and will be there as Beren still!
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Balrog
I'm down
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
I’m in :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
Pele Alarion wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 am I wonder though if we should even continue this RPG? Perhaps something of a smaller scale would do better? What do you think, guys?
A joint rangers-healers-allies of The Reunited Kingdom RP is my suggestion if you folks want to go that way. So we can have interaction between various professions :nod: However, I see folks are in favour of adapting the current RPG, so I'll just leave this here as a suggestion.
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Balrog
@Nessa Saelind I knew it wouldn't be long before you suggested this :rofl:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
@Baphởmet - :lol: seeing as I have been pushing for this since the new HQ opened up it was just a matter of time when I'd go: Could we have a healer-ranger RPG, sir? :lol: Teach them basic first aid, sir? :lol:
She/her.

Balrog
for the record, I am all for this as well :rofl:

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Nessa Saelind wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:53 pm Teach them basic first aid, sir? :lol:
Err definitely yes ! This was the idea which led to certain rangers being trained in basic healing at the HOH in the first place ! :thumbs: Definitely yes please. :grin:

Adding the healers to the mix would boost the numbers of the group and also, well, Pele herself is the Master Healer so who better to lead a rpg which combines the two elements ? :headbang:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
Ercassie wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 pm Err definitely yes ! This was the idea which led to certain rangers being trained in basic healing at the HOH in the first place ! :thumbs: Definitely yes please. :grin:
We are very pleased that certain rangers, that shall remain nameless for the time being :tongue: , have found their way to the HoH :grin: And who knows what treasure they may unearth there... There was mentioned of storehouses in plural :lol:
She/her.

Certain Rangers who shall of course remain nameless shall be very interested to see how healers cope away from their pristine rooms and multi-storage rooms. Certain Rangers have after all employed the likes of 'whatever moss you can find as you tramp through the forest, press that into open wounds to stem the bloodflow ...' And here ye shall come an interesting culture clash ! :googly:

Maybe our little pre-existing hunting party can come across a troop of healers out seeking to gather herbs from Ithilien, and somehow they decide to team up ? Maybe a threat means they need to stay safer together ? :shrug:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
@Ercassie - :lol: Certain rangers that shall, of course, remain nameless might even get a first aid kit of their own at the end of the Basic Healing course :grin:

Oh, if you just happen to be in the vicinity of Emyn Arnen you might bump into a pair of healers and an army engineer :grin:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
If the RPG could be continued and combined with healers and all that jazz, it would be great and save the need for several simultaneous RPGs. Might need healers either way...

New Soul
@Pele Alarion - I'm looking at the pfd in De Aedefiicis and the last post saved there was your update from July 2nd where you gave out updates to the 3 group. And the current state of the RPG is your update from March 21st when the rangers arrive in Osgiliath. I don't know if you reached a decision if you're going to repost things from the PDF, or are you going to do a mini reset or change of course... But the rangers are near Ithilien, my lot of healers are in Emyn Arnen, the seat of Prince Faramir... So :grin: to the drawing board! :lol:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
I don't think groups would work any more, so still thinking a bit of how to adjust the current last post and proceed on. Might take the Rangers and see if they can do more investigation roundabout Ithilien and such, so... snatching up a few healers would do good. Though why would they be out? :grin: Herb-collecting?

New Soul
Actually, I was pondering about that this morning. The RP was set after Winter Is Come Inn (look @Ercassie I actually managed to put it in the present tense for once :lol: ) if memory serves me because someone mentioned Beren's escapades there. Don't quote me on this, I'll have to reread the thing OK! So not much herb collecting in wintertime. Perhaps they are visiting patients from settlements away from Emyn Arnen? That would be a good reason for the healers to be on the road. Another reason could be that they decided to join their friend, an engineer as he inspects the structures for possible damage and what works need to be done.
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
Spruce twigs can always be gathered. :lol: Oh wait, healers are not birds... Suppose whatever works, right? I don't have too much set in stone and mostly for details relying on what people write.

Child of Gondor
Hey guys. Been a busy four days but I’m for a smaller thing. I can’t seem to find any of my saved post sooo….I’m up for whatever.
Isolde Alarion/Rohan~Nelladel Alarion/Gondor~Mourgan Alarion/Gondor ~ Dahak/ Umbar ~ Relic RIP

New Soul
Apologies folks! I forgot to post the link to the PDF of The Hunters and the Hunted RPG so everyone can c/p their posts and well now edit accordingly!
She/her.

Balrog
As ever @Nessa Saelind you are a good bean!

New Soul
So not much herb collecting in wintertime in Italy, @Nessa Saelind ? *takes notes* ✍

"examine everything: ground, undergrowth, tree branches..." Do you want us to say what we find or leave that for you to update next, @Pele Alarion ?

High Warden of Tower
@Tharmáras I think you can describe the environment and I can then add any specific details/hints/clues that might be there. Would that work, hmm? :wink:

I still have a certain post about dried poo which may well be fiddled to fit the revised prompt. I’ll have a look tonight @Pele Alarion :smooch:

New Soul
Ercassie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:29 pm I still have a certain post about dried poo which may well be fiddled to fit the revised prompt. I’ll have a look tonight @Pele Alarion :smooch:
This is exactly the kind of quality content I signed up the follow the rangers :lol: Looking forward to your poo analysis post, Cassie :rainbowyay: :smiley17:

@Tharmáras - you generally don't harvest herbs in winter, unless you live on or near the equator where the climate allows you to do that. Italy is a big country and has a variety of climate areas, depending on where in Italy you are. However, according to the Atlas of ME the climate in Ithilnen is a typical Mediterranean climate with dry summers and mildy, wet winters. I would say that some parts of Ithilnen might even see snow, since they are far from the sea. :nod: Circling back to your question about herb harvesting. Depending on the part of the herb you wish to harves, you should harvest the herb when the part you need is the most potent. So if you want to harvest leaves you should do so before they flower, and flowers when the flower buds appear but before they open and so on :nod: In wintertime plants are not at their prime to harvest, so healers going out to do that would make no sense. Of course, if a ranger gets injured along the way in winter they can take the part of the plant they need, but the herb won't be so potent. I hope this answers your question and made things a bit clearer. :winkkiss:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
Looked through the roster; let me know if I have missed someone, info needs updating, or what not. *frowns at the short list of active people*

New Soul
I'll remember what you said about harvesting, @Nessa Saelind 🌺🏵🌸🌼!

Looks good for Beren, @Pele Alarion ! I'll be there in the HQ/barracks shortly, writing some more Imladris updates first; Cassie already tagged me there with my permission. Beren will read something in the common room (foreshadowing a slow-going private Tower Guard quest I'll write in the TG thread or in the Cottage this January) before hanging out with Nal in my first post there in the present day. I'll be active in the Hunters and Hunted RPG, too, just those Ranger threads. My girlfriend, Sur on the Plaza, is moving in with me in November and I'll be moving into our place next month, getting it ready for her and settling in myself, before she comes so I'll be quiet but around 😉. I'm starting to pack this week.

Steward of Gondor
I was just informed I need to add my guy into the list!

His name is Duinion Raedor, a ranger of Ithilien :) Can I get him added to the list please?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Warden of Tower
IC thread and such too, @Purrmonster of Doom - get in there, so you are not RP bored! viewtopic.php?f=11&t=697 :lol:

High Warden of Tower
Just in case any other Rangers or healers or anyone else (NPC trader or whatever accompanying people) want to join the random thing brewing in the Barracks/Headquarters - you are welcome to jump in.

The ahem, 'poop' post has been copy/pasted into the Hunters rpg, @Pele Alarion, with just a few tiny amendments to fit the edited GM prompt, post-Blip deletion. Also I added Isys in. Apologies, etc. :googly:

High Warden of Tower
Roster updated to include Duinion - @Rillewen

Played around with the tables because those look neat and compact.

Anyway... :googly:

New Soul
Oooh! Table looks fantastic @Pele Alarion :rainbowheart: Look at you being all fancy and stuff!
She/her.

Éowyn
Éowyn
Permission to switch Arnyn back from "abroad" to "active"? Pretty please!
Now the second infant is a bit older and we are settling into a routine in RL, I think I can at least play around with her a bit!

Kaylin remains to be seen... Though I do miss her spontaneity, too. Will see. XD
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

High Warden of Tower
Okays, thread updated...
1. Romeran added to the active list.
2. Arnyn also back to the active list.
3. Made tables for barracks accommodations just to have everything nicely in one spot.

Istari Sage
Yay! We've got a handful of rangers now, what about some sort of (small?) ranger RPG? Scouting mission? Something similar? Romeran would be pretty excited about something like that.

in the spirit of connecting with other realms there's this mordor army RPG: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=851

@Winddancer notes:
Mord has found a route through there that "seems" unpatrolled by Rangers.
With seems being in quotation marks.
For those wanting to RP either Rohirrim or anyone else coming to the rescue, I ask that you hold off on trying rescue them all just yet. For now it will just be the trek towards Mordor. If anyone IS interested in wanting to attack this gang and free the slaves, then hit me up and we can talk about how to do it
Could be interesting. Although depending on what @Winddancer had in mind it might not make sense.

High Warden of Tower
For Mordor RPG - depends on the timeline really, I think.

Also, I am thinking of how to formulate a little outing for the Rangers; on the verge of putting something up. Perhaps a light-hearted RP, though who knows at the end.

Balrog
Timelines, pfft! I laugh at timelines

Master Torturer
@Romeran Yeah makes more sense it is before the final battle. But! You could play your dad! Ok that sounded weird :P Or do as Frost and handwavy timeles :P

Istari Sage
Oh yeah I hadn't really even thought of timelines :lol: that's a good point.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing what happens to poor Baldir is he going to make it out alive? Probably not :bearwhip:

Istari Sage
Oh @Rillewen Romeran has now been tasked to seek out Ranger Duinion for education in tracking and archery. Did you have a particular location/thread in mind where Romeran might find Duinion? I can make the first post there if that works for you?

Steward of Gondor
@Romeran anywhere is fine! I would suggest maybe the thread for pelennor, or ithilien(I can't remember if it's the same thread anymore)
I'll chat with you more on discord :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Warden of Tower
Just a note: @Ercassie post reminded me that there were colours for various locations... I changed HQ for standard black, since it is a good colour to use anyway, and all other locations have different ones. Objections? :googly: :lol:

Éowyn
Éowyn
Thank you kindly, Pele!

Arnyn is up for any rp!

No objections from me! Black is the best posting color anyways. :p
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Istari Sage
Whoops guess I was doing it wrong like everyone else :lol: I think standard black for HQ makes the most sense as it's the default color and probably the most used and yeah we already have colors for them.

Rome is golden-retriever level excited about being a ranger so definitely interested in even a small RPG.

Welcome @Romeran ! :grin:
Welcome back @Arnyn ! :smooch:

And I can certainly throw at least one of my Ranger pair at a new rpg, @Pele Alarion, particularly if we’re giving the existing Faramir mission a break ? :shrug:

Your updates look very good ! :headbang:

High Warden of Tower
All right then. I think smaller RPG would be something better instead of trying to pull off something really large-scale. *goes off plotting*

@Ercassie I'm still thinking what to do with that RPG of Faramir. lol... it might need at least a bit of closure.

High Warden of Tower
@Winddancer Lovely (errr... miniony, most likely :lol: ) admin, could you put Hunters and Hunted RPG under a lock please? I think that one has run its course... New year new things.

@Dunulf Radio check! :grin: Just in case you do sign in at some point and see this... How are you doing, is everything well?

Master Torturer
Done!

High Warden of Tower
Thankee! :)

High Warden of Tower
Errr... bringing this up again because I have apparently not fixed it - should we have Ranger Headquarters etc on the 6th or the 1st circle? Somehow always assuming it is on the sixth, but OP says 1st... :googly: