Minas Tirith City Hall (OOC)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
Ent Ancient
I think since we started, may as well finish/catch up. I don't think there' s too much left to repost before we get to new content!!

Balrog
From my "research" (and I use that term very, very loosely) we have:

1. Aderic
2. Bram
3. Dina
4. Falaneth
5. Aderic

then we're all caught up!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Steward of Gondor
oh. So I'm next? Lol gimme a bit to find it and post :D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Ent Ancient
What a wonderful and Entish list, thank you Frost!

Balrog
Apparently I'm the Keeper of the Lists :lol: so you know... hoom hrooom and all that
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
hoom hoom brilliENT! I aPURRove oh wait that's not an Ent pun..

High Warden of Tower
*prods the thread* Anyone up for some adventurous RP or some such? Looking for company!

Steward of Gondor
@Pele Alarion
Me is interested in adventures! :grin:
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Determined to catch my ‘to do’ list completely up to date while the place is so quiet ….There’s a few arcs/chapters which are soooo very close to conclusion for me now. So regretfully I won’t be leaping into any new adventures quite yet. I will enjoy reading your exciting exploits with @Rillewen though and maybe jump in (if it’s plausible to do so) later ? Else I’ll catch the next one. :googly:

Hopefully I shall have updates for you in our existing adventures soon though @Pele Alarion :smooch:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Warden of Tower
@Rillewen , I figure we can take off from the Headquarters somewhere; suppose people can always join in if they want. What do you say?

@Ercassie , are you saying that you can actually shorten your list? :tongue: Looking forward to what you'll throw my way.

Steward of Gondor
@Pele Alarion
sounds good!

High Warden of Tower
@Tia Galanodel Hullo!!! Please do say you are gonna stay? :fence: Do you still remember me?

Master Torturer
@Lailyn @Rillewen I moved Dina to the Market. It is perfectly fine if she is found, though just as long as you are aware that she does currently live on the streets with Berrik. She is known to have run away from orphanages, so we could have her found and placed there if you like :)

Steward of Gondor
@Winddancer Sure, I'll make a post there when I get a chance, having ric looking for her still :)

Master Torturer
Awesome! @Rillewen :D

Ent Ancient
:thumbs: @Winddancer, thanks, I missed that. I'll wait to see if @Frost wants to continue with Bram and Falaneth in Northern Fiefdoms as I'm not sure if he saw my re-post or not (and I am fine with continuing or not, for the record!). Either way, I probably won't have Falaneth follow because she'll most likely go hide in the library after that ordeal though I'll enjoy reading about Ric and Dina!

Master Torturer
@Lailyn I dont think Frost will post any time soon unfortunately *cries* Hoping I am wrong! But yes, it makes sense that Falaneth doesnt and had kinda guessed that already :P

Ent Ancient
Sounds good! I'm eagerly looking forward to some more lovely Dina and Berrik content to warm my heart. no pressure though of course. :smooch:

If @Frost wants to return to it, Falaneth is there and if not, we'll assume she ran away happily into the sunset hid among the books in her usual state of misery. :lol:

Steward of Gondor
Lol, so what should I have Ric do? Should I just assume he didn't find Dina, or what?

Balrog
While I am not sure when/if I'll be coming back on a regular basis and there seems to be some desire for momentum on the story I will propose this:

I know the murderer and all their accomplices and all the people that were going to pop into the story to guide/mislead the investigators or anyone else so what I can do is send anyone interested in following the clues and leads through Discord with all the information needed to keep going without me, sort of like a hands off GM.

How does that sound as a potential compromise?

Master Torturer
Of course I would prefer to have you there Frost! :( But if we cant, anything will help <3

@Rillewen Ric can still find Dina :) She will be running away from whichever orphange he gets her to anyways :P

Ent Ancient
Frost, first of all, what an awesome offer! <3 Second, I just want to say how much I loved your initial post to kick off this story and how you opened it up to all to join in.

That said, I feel Falaneth's part in it is largely at an end. That girl has enough problems of her own to deal with that I can't see her taking on much interest in all of this. However, I'd love to see the plot continue (preferably with your presence on-site, agreed with Windy, but I totally understand). Since my own posting has been slow lately due to less time/energy, I don't want to jump in on something I don't feel I'll be able to reasonably keep up with right now. If a brief cameo/throwaway/scapegoat is needed for a couple posts, though, let me know. :thumbs:

@Isolde Alarion, just a quick note to say I haven’t forgotten you or our RP in the fiefdoms thread. Meant to post today but I got caught up in some plotting with Pele and suddenly it’s too late/time for bed. Hopefully tomorrow. I’ve started, and just need to finish it. :wink:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Child of Gondor
@Ercassie
Lol No problem…I know how plotting with Pele can be. Lol Time seems to slip away from you. She’s a great plotter.
Isolde Alarion/Rohan~Nelladel Alarion/Gondor~Mourgan Alarion/Gondor ~ Dahak/ Umbar ~ Relic RIP

High Warden of Tower
Errr... Not my fault, any of it. Is it? :tongue: *skips around, plotting and not posting*

Isolde Alarion wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:58 pm I know how plotting with Pele can be. Lol Time seems to slip away from you. She’s a great plotter.
That she is indeed. :nod:

Now where did I put my posting hat … :grin:

*trips @Pele Alarion with great affection. Skips away*

New Soul
@Pele Alarion love the resurrection of the cruise thread for the holidays! :rainbowheart: I shall have to find a ME version of tropical cocktail and find myself there :grin:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Warden of Tower
:wink: Will see what comes of it, @Nessa Saelind , but do jump in if you feel like it. *considers sudden snowstorms and frozen river*

New Soul
To the cruise is a standalone sidestory about Utchuk.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

New Soul
Hello lovely people!

I've been a lot quiet on the RP front and I am aware that I "owe" a lot of people here in Gondor posts (and outside Gondor). I won't waste everyone's time by writing a long apologia essay for why I didn't write, I just want to say that my overdue responses will most likely trickle out by the end of the month. If all goes well. *fingers crossed*
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
@Nessa Saelind If you'd want to write something long - better it be a post rather than a very long piece of apologies! :smooch: Will keep an eye out for your posts either way, long or short - whenever you have time and ability to write.

And yup - thought why not use the option for tables since there is one available. :lol:

High Warden of Tower
@Sanim Hullo! It is so great to see you joining in and getting write into posting exciting stuff! Though I don't think I remember you from the old plaza. :wink:

Apprentice of Gondor
@Pele Alarion Thank you! Hoping not to stand on toes!
Ha - that isn't too surprising! I mucked about and played here and there, but mainly with those I was also at school with. I do remember you, and gladly several others who are also here again! :grin:

High Warden of Tower
@Sanim I've enjoyed reading your posts, and will have to see how to interact with you, perhaps. :D *glances at toes just in case*

To those who may have noticed/may be confused/may simply have come across this notice and not even seen the threads in question as yet, .. I have made a new thread for the Southern Fiefdoms Free RP, because the original was quite full and, as thread runner, I decided to incorporate an updated version.

The big/only huge change there is that Ithilien is no longer included in the Southern Free Rp thread, but has a place instead in the sparkly new Eastern fiefdoms Free RP thread, which is a second new separate thread. I had been thinking of trying a Harondor thread for some time, as Mordor offers Harad and Umbar, but not Harondor as a setting. And I happen to know a few RPs which are itching to occur in the Harondor area. :winkkiss: :tongue: :grin:
Ithilien then got relocated to join with Harondor because it has been long considered a rather dangerous area of raiding from both sides between Gondor and the Enemy. And for that reason, it is sitting in the 'edgy' fiefdoms thread now. It's a new year, etc etc. Spring cleaning occurred.

You might note a few extra details noted in the rules of both threads; they are not exactly the same for the both places. This is mostly because a lot has happened thread wise and creative wise on plaza since I opened the original Southern Fiefdoms Free RP, and I think/hope I've learned some things from seeing some of the creative threads that others have come up with in the meantime. I would like to say that I have tried to be inclusive but also true to the idea for the activity. However if you feel I have been unfair or would like to talk to me privately about a need to tweak any of the rules stated, then you are very welcome to poke me in discord or something. I would rather you tell me, than you be unhappy if you feel unwelcome there now or something. We can fix it so that everyone is happy I hope. :winkkiss:

And well there is nothing more to say than, sorry for any confusion .. and it probably wasn't necessary for me to explain, but well, it's done now. If any very kind admin would be nice enough to close the original Southern fiefdoms thread, I would be very grateful. Thankyou for your time.
Last edited by Ercassie on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Torturer
I can close it, but if anyone wants their recent posts moved to the new one, let me know. Lot of really awesome posts just made ;)

Steward of Gondor
I already moved mine :)

Thanks @Winddancer :smooch:

Ent Ancient
Ooo the shiny new threads look very nice, @Ercassie! Nice idea to split off Ithilien & co. I also spy Edhellond getting a spot in the OP! :grin:

High Warden of Tower
Ooooh... New posts and new threads! *adds to her own list of posts-to-write* :grin: Let's see what could be written...

Istari Sage
Never thought I'd be posting in MT OOC thread again! Hello everyone. Looking forward to participating again. Are the Rangers active? It looks like it is! So many memories of writing training posts :smile:

What are the chances of having Trivia or Debate happen again? I used to love that.

High Warden of Tower
Ooooh, @Romeran ! Great to see you again!
Rangers are kinda sorta active; in need of people! :grin:
Not sure about trivia and debate though, perhaps you should ask around, even if in OOME to get more attention?

New Soul
Romeran wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:05 pmWhat are the chances of having Trivia or Debate happen again? I used to love that.
Not sure if there are enough active members that would have time for old school Plaza debates. Trivia might be doable though... Like Pele mentioned, you'll have to ask around :wink:
She/her.

So many faces popping up in the shiny black and white of Gondor recently ! :clap:

There was a Gondorian riddles thread back when we first all returned here, but its closed now, alas. :cry: I agree that debate might be a bit hard to accommodate unless we can manage very much smaller contests, like maybe one on one or something. If not here, then maybe in the lore forum ? Its a shame, because the glory days of the Gondorian Argyle debaters den of MT, complete with the socks of knowledge, were always such great fun !

Maybe we can combine the two somehow @Pele Alarion, and have the Rangers engage in some sort of trivia night at the barracks thread ? Like maybe the loser has to do the dishes IC or boldly deliver the uniform laundry to Miss Irma as an incentive or something ? :tongue:

Istari Sage
Rangers engage in some sort of trivia night
Ooooh I really like the idea of an in-character trivia. Could even be cross-kingdom or something similar. You could even award points based on both accuracy but also in-character delivery -- e.g. why does the character know the answer, what was their thought process, I suppose this gets somewhat subjective, although it's only internet points anyway :lol: Maybe I'll post something up in OoME at some point. The timing on the old trivia/debate threads used to be pretty tight deadlines but with lower membership it could just be slower. There also used to be straight up trivia threads in Lore which might be fun to revive.

Master Torturer
@Romeran Best of all, you dont have to ask for permission to make a thread, you can just make one! :D

@Ercassie Cruel and unusual punishment! :lol:

Balrog
Too many trees, not enough eyes

Istari Sage
Too many trees, not enough eyes
You know I think I was in every single kingdom *except* Mordor at one point. Technically, at some point, I think Gondor & Morder got put under the same realm or something like that (shadow lands?), it's been a while, but that hardly counts :grin:

Ent Ancient
But what if the trees have eyes?? :grin: :grin:

welcome @Romeran! I never did debating but there are a couple old threads for more casual (and often comical) debates if you're at all interested in checking them out:
They were evil and
Absurd ArgumENTS

Istari Sage
@Tuilindo those both look great! Thanks for the links and omg even more names I recognize. Feels like a trip down memory lane. I may have to put together one of these threads if there's still interest, humorous debates sound fun.