Weaving in the Gloom - The Stories of Fuin

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
High Lord of Imladris
So I have had a few comments from some IRL friends that aren't on Plaza (and don't want to be) but do want to read the stories I come up with. So in an effort to make their lives easier I felt that like several before me it was time to create a repository of all the posts surrounding my characters. Most will revolve around Fuin (Fuin's parents will be grouped with her because their only development is to create a deeper story for Fuin) thus the name a nod to both my character Fuin and Vaire the weaver. I hope that there will be a few users that also find this thread useful for finding stories and knowing the full stories of the characters.

Of course I'll also be keeping my other characters stories in here as well including Umoya, Trewyn, and of course the Three Raccoons since sometimes one needs a bit of cute fluffy and slightly rabid.

Fuin

Silver and Blue (A pre Fuin Story of the Awakening of her Parents)
Post 1

No Fair Maiden (A Fuin, Arasoron, Saeros Story)

The First Battle (A Fuin and Morcundir story)

Gems among the Reeds

The Death of Melviriel

Lost and Found - The first meeting
Post 1, Post 2, Post 3, Post 4, Post 5, Post 6. Post 7, Post 8, Post 9, Post 10, Post 11, Post 12
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

High Lord of Imladris
WELL FRUIT CAKE Everything on here is gone..

Good news for this means I can now add some more characters that have their stories intwined with Fuin and Afarfin

Mylien

Life is a Hard Teacher

He's Coming Home I will wait He always come home though This is my life now
No one else will take care of me Becoming a criminal Trapped Worth more alive

The Mouse vs the Commander
Where are they going?

Ruindil
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

High Lord of Imladris
These will be my OTHER characters which are not directly affecting any of the main story.
Three Brothers
While an insane number of their posts have been lost and likely will not be rewritten there are still a good number of them about likely

Gardening in the Shire
Intro to the Brothers They Came for Lobelia Raccoons 1 - Grip the Dog 0
Another Scarcrow? DEATH TO CROWS!
On their way to steal more food

And a Raccoon in a Dwarven Pub (A drunken Christmas Carol)
We're tramping through the mines On and on we carol OHHhh that one has a drinking problem
The flaming butt scoot

They're completely NUTS Åren't they

Granny Appy Smith
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World
POV from Fell Iron which can be partially found HERE (Coming soon when I find it again)

Fuin had come back to Imladris only recently, the house of Healing no longer well stocked nor was it even maintained, she walked the sad halls littered with fallen leaves that crunched under foot with a sense of remorse. Perhaps it was for the best, there were not enough souls needing healing for the house to be active and Lord Elrond could tend most that needed it by himself, but Fuin had come back from Lothlorien and the lands beyond the Misty Mountains and had sought to restore the house. Something told her it needed to be done, likely her friend Aigronding posturing to go to war in Angmar. If she could get the gardens started perhaps by the time they returned from battle she would have enough herbs grown that she could begin making fresh supplies to tend them as they returned. He had asked her to join them, but she had refused, she'd given an oath to the Men of Rohan to fight along side them and she could not give him such a promise.

She set to work first in the gardens for without herbs there was little use to having beds and bandages short of the most basic care which one need not come to the House of Healing for. She was bent over pulling weeds from a garden bed when she heard the first croaking cries high above her and she glanced up. Rare was it that ravens traversed the Valley and she could not help but swallow. She looked up and could see it circling looking at her now that she was looking up it alighted on the gardens edge beside her. "Tar-Taidron Mordagnir requests you and what healers you can muster." Fuin could not help but blink at this. "What healers I can muster? That fool thinks there is a full house of Healing because I came back and have started restoring this house?" She muttered. The raven for his part looked at her and cocked his head.

"Corn?" Came the gravelly request and Fuin gave a sad smile and instead gave the raven a gentle scritch on the back of it's neck. "I am sorry friend I have no corn from you though I know that Mordagnir will have some if you return to his camp." She said, the black feathered avian gave a happy croak at the gentle rubs that felt so good his eyes blinking shut for a moment before Fuin looked at him stopping rubbing beneath his feathers. "Let Mordagnir know that I come with all that I can from Lord Elrond himself." The raven gave a nod and took back to the wing and Fuin watched for only a moment.

Black wings and their ill tidings, why Mordagnir had sent them to her and not Elrond was beyond her but she headed swiftly now to see what healers and what herbs he could spare before the set off North to the meet up with Aigronding and the Host of elven Soldiers that had travelled with him.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

The journey had been long and hard and swift, and had her mount needed energy to fight in the battle then she would have worried at the pace she had set. Shadowing had made the horses the aphadors rode struggle he was first and foremost a warhorse, and of great endurance and their horses though of the stable of Rivendell were not as well trained or bred for battle. However their horses would now be able to rest as they had caught up with the Host and they would be able to travel at a walk at the rear of the column. Fuin was making sure they were well back from battle as they were young aphadors that were perhaps less trained than she would like but they would do well as long as they were kept back at the elven camp. Fuin would take the risk of riding into battle to pull the wounded free and bring them back to the healing tent with her once they were able to get the tent set up and she unloaded the pack that she had of salves and bandages and even a small quantity of athelas, for there was some whisper in her mind that told her it would be needed before she saw Imladris once more. Elrond had questioned it and she could not give him an answer when she had said she felt she needed it. She was older than him though, and he didn't overly question her and had given her a small clipping of fresh athelas that she'd tucked into the pouch on her belt. It would stay with her the Aphadors could not use it properly.

She found Aigronding amongst the column after a short while and the others that were commanding this assault and presented herself. She looked more like a soldier than a healer, she wore light leather armor and bracers and her bow and quiver were on her back, more for defense of herself and elves she sought to pull from battle so that they would not fall before she got there. She also had her sword strapped to her side and her daggers both incase the enemy got to close and she needed to defend herself. She bore no shield and her blue grey eyes looked towards the Ettenmoors past Aigronding to the smoke she could see rising. Her jaw set and Shadowing her great war steed pranced beneath her in anticipation, he would be disappointed though just as her friend Aigronding would be when he found out the weapons on her were more for show than they were for battle.
"Mordagnir, I've made it I've got a few aphador healers with me that I've kept at the rear of your forces, for there are too few healers in the Valley to spare now, though there are some in your ranks here, hopefully they will not fall." She said calmly knowing there was at least one two other healers in the ranks. She had no doubt that soon the front of the Host would be meeting battle, and then she would begin the task of making sure soldiers were able to stay fighting as even over the tromp of boot hoof and clatter of sword shield and spear she could hear the long cruel howls of wolves, the battle would be deadly, for both sides, she could only hope that the losses of the Elven hosts and their human allies would be much smaller than those that they were fighting against.

High Lord of Imladris
So I've started rebuilding the post repository - started with the Raccoons as they probably have the least that is needing to be redone (still have to do the Nut game ones that have survived Here

Balrog
Raccoons! that is all
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

It did not take long for the host to come upon the source of the smoke that was rising lending an air of shade to the battle field even as Arien tried to break through the heavy clouds above that threatened to loose upon the field. From where Fuin was near the back of the army she couldn't discern much though she did see a flight of arrows being exchanged and she could hear the cries of those struck and the shriek of horses pricked by deadly
barbs. There was little she could do yet, save try desperately to keep her steed under control, he tossed his head and displayed proudly his head arching and his ears pointed upright his tail up lifting his forelegs high ready for a fight. "No friend we are not here to fight." She had to keep reminding him, she had even gone as far to tack him up, not a normal thing for her but in this case? She wanted that bit in case he got too head strong and decided to bolt into battle when they should not.

Aigronding was back near her, at least for the time being directing the forces she for the moment stayed near him though the high elf gave her more than one scowl at her hard refusal to break her oath to the men of Rohan to join him. His continence despite his fair features matched the dour skys. Soon the Host was swarming into the village and the arrows were no longer flying constantly and she gave Aigronding a nod. "Let's see how many lives I can save." She shouted some commands to the healers that she had brought with her, to get water on a fire so that they would have it when she got back with wounded they would not need to wait for it. They set about at a frantic pace getting a pot of water over a fire to boil and she gave her black steed the head he wished. He sprang forwards like an arrow propelled by her ancient bow swift and unerring into the fray. She bent low over his back weaving between the lines that marched forward yet calling warning to those that did not react swift enough. It did not take her long to find wounded. Some were able to be cleaned and set back to battle with little more than a wrapping over shallow wounds that had been more of a shock to the soldier than a true hinderance. It did not take her long though to find two that had arrows lodged in their flesh, one wheezing for breath and the other struggling to get back to the camp. She put the long leather reins of Shadowing in the mouth of the first.

"BITE."

She barked at them giving them no time to question as she grabbed the arrow and snapped the shaft so that it was not so long. The second knew what was coming and didn't fight when she snapped the arrow that protruded from his thigh in the same manner. The reins of Shadowing would be a testament by the end of this battle to the harsh reality of field medicine, but also to the number of lives saved. She helped them onto the stallions back and began the task of getting them back to the camp and the medical tent. No sooner did she have them in the hands of the healing Aphadors that had come with her than she was mounted back up once more. Already blood stained her hands and her horse, and they would be covered in much more before this day was over.

She glanced about for Aigronding, curious if he was still directing the battle from afar or if him and Nimlos his white hound were afield now that they were in the village itself. She did not mark him on her quick look of the camp before she plunged back into the battle field again to seek out more wounded. There was a deep rumble overhead and Fuin pulled her cloaks hood up knowing that soon the field would be slick and dangerous and sight
lines even more obscured by what threatened now to be a downpour.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

It was not long before the silver curtain of rain fell washing away blood and visual lines. Aside from in the village itself the field was clear for her to find wounded many could make it back to the healing tent not far back from where they were a few needed help. Others... She could do nothing for them but sit and hold their hand as their last breaths rattled from their chests. She found the odd enemy as well, she only knew those by the elven arrows in their chest. She gave them the same treatment if they were dying. Once she was certain that the field outside the village was clear she headed for the village itself. There the wounded were brought back to the destroyed gate so she need not ventured too far.

She was soaked her dark hair clinging in wet trendrils to her face as she called out to her kinsmen and allies not wanting them to think they were being flanked and attack her. "How goes the battle?" She asked to one of the soldiers, she remembered them as an Aphador many years ago, but now, their surcoat told her they were a Tirn.

"Well enough Raveara. It would be better if you were here with us instead of being the healers shuttle." The tone was enough that Fuin narrowed her eyes slightly at the younger elleth that spoke to her.

"You still don't outrank me enough to get away with that tone, even Aigronding himself would be put on his blonde backside if he spoke like that." She said softly and coldly and the tirn bowed their heads looking away, as much out of respect as it was out of anger that Fuin someone that had once been a Tadril many years ago refused to fight by their sides. Fuin for her part kept was quiet and looked at her. "Use that rage, just don't get yourself killed, you remember me as the Roaring Lion, you would be kidding yourself if you thought I was any gentler as a Master Healer." She said with a smirk which brought a short barking laugh from the Tirn.

"No I don't suppose you would be." Fuin gave her a smile and began checking the wounded to see who she could get up immediately and back into the fight and who she needed to get back to the healers tent. When a horn sounded deeper into the village.

"Tar-Taidron." The words came from both Fuin and the Tirns lips. It was a signal that the Host was pushing forward into the Keep clearing the last of the foes out. It was a call for reinforcements, Fuin motioned that the Tirn should go that she would make sure that this rally point was held, for now until she got enough members of the Host and the Village that could fight that were there tended to so that they could rejoin the battle.

She watched the red surcoat fade into the grey of the rain and went to work.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

From where she was at the gate she could not tell what was happening deeper in the village or the Keep, though soldier and villagers trickled back to where she was posted for now every once in a while. So far none blessedly had needed to be rushed back to the healers tent for treatment of far more severe wounds. That said she was endlessly wary of the forms that slipped from the grey rain curtain towards them her hand going more than once for her sword before realizing they were friend rather than foe. Until finally she had enough soldiers mended enough that they could hold the gate and she could take those that would need stitches soon back to the healing tent.

"Alright." She said clapping one of the few Tirns that had come back more to check than to be healed. "I am leaving you in charge here, I"m going to take everyone that needs stitches back to the healers tent for now, I'll be back in a bit. If someone comes looking for me that is where I've headed." The tirn nodded blinking water out of their eyes.

"Be safe." Came the call as Fuin got the men and women that she'd tied bandages tightly to onto their feet. The ones that had the worst leg injuries were on Shadowing who now realizing that they would not be going into battle hung his head in the rain disliking it deeply.

"You as well." She said and started the group trudging through the ever deepening mud and puddles back to the healers tent. Their pace was slow for Fuin kept an eye on her companions until finally they were spotted by the guards around the camp and all of them could be helped to the healers tent. She handed off Shadowing to a soldier aphador to get him unsaddled for now and tie him off. She was covered to her knees in mud and her cloak sagged heavily from the amount of the rain.

"Alright which of you is more confident in your stitching?" She asked as she came marching in setting the worst wounded elf on a cot. The younger elf timidly raised her hand and Fuin nodded firmly. "You are going to be doing a lot of stitching then friend, you wash up your first patient," She looked about at the rabble, and pointed out one that had the most shallow cut that she'd brought back on their arm. "Them first, wash and clean and stitch, once you're done..." Fuin looked at the second aphador. "You will have a second patient that is similar ready for them as you'll be washing and cleaning wounds before either of us get to stitching get to them, and then bandaging the patients we are finished with. The worst cuts are coming to me to be stitched." She said seeing the Aphadors looking at the numbers she'd brought with her in fear unsure of how to proceed with the number of bodies to process. "Nobody in this group is dying. I made sure of that or I'd have brought them back far sooner, do not rush your stiches and breathe." That seemed to snap the two younger elves out of their stupor and they got to work.

It didn't take long for the master healer to finish scrubbing her hands clean of the mud and blood after tossing her bracers aside and rolling her sodden sleeves up. Finished she headed for the first patient who had been given a dose of niphredil draught to numb the pain before Fuin got to work cleaning the wound itself. She worked fast on cleaning it washing it with warm water, and calendula and elanor to clean it thoroughly before she began the task of meshing muscle and fat and skin back together. This was the worst of the wounds and why she was dealing with it first, just in case anything else came in that needed a master healer fast. She could hear the aphadors at work talking gently and soothing their patients something she did as well though more she talked about things to keep their mind off of what was happening she knew most of them well enough to know the touchy subjects like family or where they had lived and to avoid those. She sat back her hands once again bloody as she washed the now
closed wound once more.

"You'll have a lovely scar, do better on your fourth position blocks or you'll end up with more scars there than I have on my legs, you don't get to go back into battle until you're healed friend, your leg is too damaged." She said with a smile, this brought a laugh and then a cry of despair at the glory they would miss out on from her patient as she called for the aphador to poultice and bandage the wound before she moved onto the next. This one had their side cut open, painful but they'd have less issues than the thigh wound she'd just shut. The floor inside the tent was getting soft despite the tent holding strong and not leaking the rain was still coming down hard and she heard vaguely the sound of hooves outside through the rain and if she was there but she had more important things to focus on for now.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

In the warm flickering light of the lanterns that kept the tent well lit even during the down pour she became aware of a shadow haunting her back as she stitched her patient laid on their side their arm partially raised. She turned and glanced at who was standing quietly waiting and did a once over making sure they were not their because they were injured. It was an Authon, looking somewhat nervous as they looked about seeing all that there was to do.
"What is it Authon?" She asked turning her attention back to the cut that was almost sewn shut."

"Aigronding has ordered that you are to follow Taidron Nulda as soon as you are able as he and the First File clear the woods of the last foes that fled from the village and the Keep. I have have brought a few men to protect you as you will be in the field in case there are any injuries that need treatment." This caused Fuin to snort as she glanced over her shoulder towards him eyeing him up and down like a lion toying with a wounded lamb it was about to eat. Her fingers deftly knotting the current stitch she was on before she looked back at the wound to make another careful stitch.

"This is the last patient that needs me to do the stitching though it would be faster for the others if I stayed." She said calmly. The thought of being guarded made her laugh, but she would accept it, she was certain this was Aigronding trying to shame her into fighting once more. "My horse is outside his saddle off, can you saddle him back up for he will want to go crashing off to war without tack to control him." The elf nodded knowing full well which horse it was and disappeared. She did not bother to rush her stitches and kept an even calm pace until finally she was done. "The aphador will apply a poultice and bandage and then you are to rest. If I come back to find you've not stayed in this tent and gone out swinging a sword I"ll take your sword arm off with my daggers and beat you with it." She said rather seriously to the Aphador who nodded fearfully at the thought that a healer would do such a thing.

Fuin sighed and looked at her still soaked cloak and shifted in her shirt and armor both damp still and uncomfortable, but nothing was comfortable about battle. She gave a nod to her aphadors encouraging them and washed her hands one last time before rolling her sleeves back down and putting her bracers back on. She plucked bandages and salves and put them in her hip back and took a set of tools to pull arrow heads as she doubted they would be close enough that she could get anyone back in time to have it dealt with. The rain was finally easing some, though the ground was soaked and slick from feet and hooves tromping on it as she exited the healing tent they could at least see further and the Authon had Shadowing mostly ready.

She checked his saddle and tightened it up with a strong pull and looked at him. "I'm not flopping around under your belly because you won't listen to me if you take it to heart you want to go cantering off to war with me on your back." She said as he turned and looked at her sad that she'd caught him. She mounted up and the small group of 3 soldiers and the one healer rode off to catch up to the First File, she wondered if they would be back at camp tonight or if they would be wandering the forest for a bit.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

She was left with her small guard back at the dark eves of the forest that loomed before the First File. She set up a small healing station, hoping that there would not be too many she had no cots and only a small cover to keep the rain off her patients when they finally came. She did get a fire started though that in itself was a fight after the rain and began the task of making sure she'd be read for whatever came. A small pot boiling over the fire and her bracers once again off and her sleeves rolled up so that she could be ready for whatever came.

Time wore on. and the morquendi woman paced under the small over that she'd set up feeding the small fire occasionally to keep the water hot as she waited. This wait. It was terrible and more than once she had to stop herself because she was making the soldiers that were stuck waiting with her nervous. She stood finally beside them watching the woods her eyes scanning the spaces between the dark trunks her ears listening. Far off all three of them could hear battle and she knew they were as frustrated as she was.

Soon a horse came back on it was a healer and soldier, a Taidril with a wounded elf, Fuin grabbed the elf unconcious from her noting a tightly wrapped bandage on his arm stained already with blood.

"He pulled an arrow out." Which Fuin nodded to, it was the only explanation she needed she got one of the soldiers with her to help she needed another set of hands no matter how unskilled they were.

"Right I want you to wash your hands in the water and pull that pot of the fire we're going to use a lot of it" She cut the bandage off and watched the rush of blood and put her hand over the wound squeezing hard to the Aphador soldier from bleeding to death. "Grab one of my daggers and put it in the fire. We need to cauterize this wound or he'll bleed out." She said and work at finding the artery and pinching it shut with her fingers. Her hands were slick with blood and her own heart was racing as she looked at the Aphador, he was pale and she could feel his pulse just below her fingertips as she kept him from bleeding out. The soldier looked wide eyed and did as he was told the dagger in the fire. "I need you to pull out the vials of tinctures on my left hip, there is one labelled Elanor I need you to pour it all over the wound. I have to keep holding the artery shut until the dagger is ready and I need to be sure there is no poison from the arrow."

She could feel the soldiers hands shaking, and their breath was coming fast, they were not trained to save lives but take the lives of enemies.

"You're doing very well take a deep breath I've got this he's not in any immediate danger right now." She said soothingly and she heard several deep breathes. and then she saw the bottle and it poured over her hand and into the wound. "Good now go check and see if the dagger is red hot."

The soldier returned the dagger was orange and radiating heat in the cool air. "Well th good news is he's unconscious the bad news is I can't give him any pain killers before hand." With that she took the blade. "I want you to hold him down put your weight on his shoulders keep them pinned."

"But you said he's already unconscious..."

"This is going to wake him up." She said looking at the soldier who swallowed and did as asked. "Hold tight." She said and looked at the space she had to work with. She took a deep breath and plunged the red hot knife in burning the artery closed and the fingertips that held it. The aphador screamed and woke up as Fuin extracted her blistered index and middle finger the blood flow was stopped though. and the withdrew the blade. "Good work soldier." She said dipping her fingers in cold water to ease the burning. "We're good from here, you can go back to being a soldier now." She said with a smile. She needed to stitch the rest of the wound shut but at least he was no longer bleeding out.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

Fuin sat a hand on the wounded aphadors chest keeping him down so that he stayed relaxed. "You're lucky soldier, you're safe now." She said softly soothing him as he looked around his eyes frantic. "You should be just fine, did an enemy pull the arrow from you?" She asked finally getting him to lock eyes with her. His green eyes frantic searching until the met hers.

"No. No I did what what was that?" He asked trying to sit up and look at his arm.

"That was me I'm afraid, you tore an artery and were bleeding out had to cauterize it to keep you from bleeding out. Should have left it in could have gotten it out without the damage." Fuin said calmly. "You'll have a fantastic scar from this as it is quite a messy wound." She said softly. "Of course it might help you catch the attention of a lovely elleth if you haven't found your love already." She said with a smile as he laid back his ragged breathing slowing down slightly. "You're going to need to stay off the battle field for a while you've lost a lot of blood and won't be able to overly use that arm in a fight not for a long time. I've brought some seregon tincture which will help you be able to move around without passing out from the blood loss you have sustained." She sat with him several moments longer letting his breathing finish evening out until he was completely calm.

She sat looking at the woods the rain having eased now to only the odd drop that dripped off of the small healing canopy over the two of them large and heavy, somewhere out there there were battles still happening ravens flew once more now that the rain had stopped, seeking out the heads of the Files to distribute new orders. "We will find out what Tar-Taidron Mordagnir has planned for us soon" With that she pulled a small vial of Niphredil, and poured a few drops on the wound itself. "I can't give you any orally but this should at least numb the area before I stitch the last of the wound shut."

Soon she and her patient were sitting quietly a poultice on his arm while they waited in the lifting gloom for whatever was to come next.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

Soon the Files reformed and Fuin found that they were regrouping for what she did not know but they were on the move again back the way they had game at least for a short while. She had the soldier she'd tended on her horse in front of her more so she could hold him in place in case he got weak so that he wouldn't fall in the mud and need more medical treatment. When she returned the camp was a swarming hornets nest and Fuin could not help but swallow hard. This was no small force that they were facing if Aigronding had the Host preparing to march. She got the soldier to the medical tent found her own healing aphadors making sure that they were alright and finding out what they knew.

They would be marching for Amgar itself there was something there driving the men of the North to attack and drive southwards towards Imladris. What, they were not privy to they simply were doing their best to get the elves that were too wounded to make that march and be able to fight when they arrived back home to Imladris itself. Fuin nodded and gave them permission to use her authority as the Head of the Abad Nestad to do whatever they needed to get the soldiers that needed to get back to Imladris home, her rank in this made it impossible for Aigronding himself even to stop them from sending them back to Imladris.

She went to find the Tar-Taidron mounting up to find him and riding through the camp, she needed to know what was going on, and if she needed to see if they needed more supplies brought back from Imladris with the next supply convoy for the Host itself in its war march. Nimlos his hound found her first with a snarl as in the distance thunder rumbled some new storm forming a darkness reforming as Fuin brought Shadowings reigns in as he shook his head stomping angrily as Fuin looked down at the hound and her Master that soon followed.

'That's right, Snow White,' Mordagnir spoke and lightning forked across the stormy skies. 'The Rohirrim are not her pack.' Aig took a step forward and told Fuin boldly : 'Lay aside your Oath to the Mark. Those mortals have plenty of their own kind to protect Rohan and its so far to the south. A whole division of Orc is going to destroy Imladris if unchecked. Aig pointed his finger southwards to indicate Rivendell. It is our people who will suffer, Fuin ; our people who will die. You are more than a healer, you were a knight once. And so I need you to be again. You will find your own choice of armor in one of the supply wains. And see that you surcoat is white - you're an Authon now. Congratulations.' He turned and walked away, remarking, You just re-enlisted. Snow White joined his heel and wagged her tail.

For her part Fuin had every intention of backhanding Aigronding, when a call came up that there was a wounded that needed transport from another soldier. She narrowed her eyes and watched Aigronding retreat, perhaps for the best she turned Shadowing and kicked his flanks sending him charging off in the direction the soldier stated the patient was in at the village gates. She would speak with him later as she slipped off of Shadowing before she even pulled him up from a stop seeing a group of soldiers helping another. "You soldier - saved the Tar-Taidrons life." She said as she put her hand up against a wound on the soldiers leg checking how bad the wound was. The soldiers she spoke to were confused, and she was fine with that

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

Treating the wounded soldier enough that he could be brought back to the tent where the aphadors could finish treating the deep cut in his leg she headed back and only once she had dropped off the wounded soldier into the capable hands of her aphadors did she seek out Aigronding once more. This time thought there was no call of wounded to spare him her wrath, and Nimlos herself upon seeing her marching towards her master - normally fearless and bold slipped her tail between her legs and shrank back leaving her Master to face this particular foe on his own.

"Mordagnir!" She growled as he turned to check what was causing his dog to quake in fear only to have Fuins steely grasp upon his surcoat a fire in her eyes and her dagger out though not blessedly under his chin. "Your dog has more sense then you do Taidron Aigronding." She barked. "I quit the host long ago because what it began to stand for was something that I could not abide by. If it were not for the fact that if we fail here, then Imladris and Lorien will fall, and I will likely fall with them and be unable to help the land where I've sworn my life to it's protection, and being a healer will not help Imladris or Lorien stand. Being healer and warrior will, you have your Authil, be grateful you have your neck intact too." She said growling and turning away. "But if you think I'm going to wear a white coat into battle you've got another thing coming unless you plan on trying to get the black orc blood out of it for me when we get back to Imladris." With that she shoved him hard backwards and he rebounded in kind- Aigronding narrowed his eyes at Fuin as she barked at him and he loomed over the shorter elf ; the general was the taller of the two elves. My dog would have said the same cursed thing if she was liable to talk, iaurmellon ( old friend ). Confronting you was better than asking, in my mind. Faced baldly with the truth, you could be swayed. Aigronding managed to fight a smile as Fuin accepted.

You will both heal life and take it then. Aigronding grumbled about the white surcoat. Wear black for all I care, wear anything you want, and to Udun with your complaints and demands, woman ! Aigronding walked away, satisfied though he wouldn't show it. He had done the Impossible ; Fuin was back in the fold, he had never thought he could convince his friend to return. And he knew she'd get over what he done, she didn't stay mad for too long....though she did have a mind like a mumak. Fuin never forgot.

Fuin marched away to finish her tasks in the healing tent and to make sure that the Aphadors knew that they would in the next few battles be mostly on their own as she began fighting directly.
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

High Lord of Imladris
So we are starting to get to the point where the remainder of the story is mostly lost to the depths of the interwebs as the archive is almost over in terms at least of what I've written, I did find ONE post that I'd sent to someone to post on my behalf as I was put in charge of the archers during the next major fight but that's all I can find. This is the last post that will be based primarily off of what was in the thread and will be a basic recollection of it from here on out.

Falling from the World

Fuin let out a sigh, she'd finished her work in the tent the worst of the wounds tended to and with the new orders that they would be marching into Angmar she got the Aphadors that she had brought with her ready. For the most part it was just stitching wounds that they would face, She made sure that they knew how to withdraw an arrow if someone came in with one, something that normally Aphadors did not do but it might be needed. She helped them pack up the healing tent. Those that were too badly wounded to continue fighting had been turned into a small caravan and sent back towards the Valley of Imladris where Elrond could tend them and make sure that they would heal well. They couldn't fight, and having dead weight hanging on them that they would need to protect in the curving passes of Angmar was an ill plan.

At least for now Fuin did still outrank everyone including the Tar-Taidron when it came to the well being of the wounded as the Minestor of the Abad Nestad he could not force her to keep them here, she sent them on horses for those that could not walk and those that could walked alongside the horses. They were close enough to the Valley that she was not worried that they would be attacked the enemy was retreating North and the Host was giving chase they would be too busy to see the small group slip away in the night.

With the tent being packed up and the wounded that could still fight and do guard duty at the least being prepared to move Fuin needed to find the head of the cavalry she would be joining them likely as a mounted archer, and mostly because in all this rain they would be the easiest to find with the horses. She slipped out into the darkening evening to find that Taidron or Taidril she wasn't even entirely sure who was in charge of the Cavalry it had been so long since she had been a member of the Host, she had no doubt that she'd be able to find their bright bleeding purple surcoat in this mess.

It did not take her long to find them, they were in charge of moving the heaviest loads and supplies being the people with the horses and Fuin presented herself with a nod. "Taidril, I have been ordered by the Tar-Taidron to report for duty, I felt you'd likedly be the easiest to find, my horse is still fresh though he's been running wounded from the battle field most of the day."

The Taidril looked her over and gave a nod looking at her bow and arrow. "It's good to have you back Raveara, it's been a long time since your bow sung in battle for the Host." This was true, it had been many years now." Fuin had to bite her tongue she was officially a soldier again and she was out ranked here.

"Indeed."

"What rank were you given do you need a surcoat?" The Taidril motioned to a supply wagon where Fuin would likely be able to get a surcoat if she had wanted one.

"Authil, but I will not be wearing a white surcoat. I've better things to do than laundry." She said calmly which brought a laugh from the commander.

"Stubborn as ever, I doubt Aigronding liked that well."

"Aigronding can have Shadowing kick him in the head for all I care about the surcoat colour of the Authon rank." Fuin said with a shrug, this brought a shake of the Taidrils head.

"Fine, your skills will proceed you anyways given we don't have any of your rank or prestige in the mounted archers, they should be heading out shortly as the rear guard of the foot soldiers heading up into the mountains catch up with them, and try to make sure we don't lose any of them in the following battles." To this Fuin nodded and went to say her final farewell to her aphadors and get on her horse Shadowing.

The two raced off to the north towards the marching backs of the rest of the Host to find the mounted archers that she would be a part of for this battle.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

It was almost almost midway through the night watch when Fuin finally arrived at the rear line of the elven cavalry. She was caught by the watch though she'd not bothered to hide at all so she was not sure why they were so smug with themselves. This direction should have as little risk to the army that was on the move as it could. After all Aigronding and the others were following shortly after once they had secured the village and had the wounded that were too badly injured all sent back to the Valley. She heard whispers from a few younger elves that had heard of her but had never seen her in battle, what was she doing here? Was the Tar-Taidron really expecting such heavy losses that he would send the Minestor with the column itself?

Fuin had no time to sooth their concerns there she needed to get her warsteed cooled down and rubbed down so that he would be well and rested enough to endure the remainder of the riding, if he were not so hardy and young and use to riding great distances she would have needed to stay with Aigronding and travel with him. It was probably for the best that she didn't she was still upset that he had drafted her into the Ost-Halatir.

It took her another hour to get the massive Rohirric steed cooled down and settled among the other horses before she grabbed her small tent and set it up, she'd get into the watch roster tomorrow tonight she was going to sleep.

She was exhausted and if it were not for the commotion of the camp getting ready to break she may have slept in more than normal but the tromp of hooves and feet and the clanking of metal armor and shields and sword and spears. She growled angrily and pushed herself to her feet and crawled out of her tent and looked around and quickly began to tear down her tent. She put it back into the pack on her saddle and headed for food and to find out who she needed to talk to to make sure she was in the right place. She remembered then that the Taidron that she had reported to stated that she was the highest ranking person in the mounted archers division. and after a moment she came to the horrible realization that meant that SHE was in charge. She needed to find out who she was taking over from was what she needed to do.

She drank down the broth breakfast and ate a few mouthfuls of bread and headed to find the archers her horse in tow.

"Archers?" She asked another Authon grabbing their shoulder they were so bloody easy to find with those white surcoats. The Authons eyes went wide as they were about to rebuke the person only to see who it was.

"Who d--" Fuin looked at the Authon they were young and she was certain that they were from Lothlorien for the carried a long spear. "They are a bit west of here, when did you join camp?"

"Last night I finally caught up after beinc conscripted. Do you know who is in charge of the archers?" She asked, this question got a shake of the head from the trapped spearman.

"Sorry... uhhh."

"Authon."

"Sorry Authon Raveara I wish I could help... Do you need a surcoat?"

"No I'm not wearing white on a battle field. Thanks for the information." With that she let them go and headed west to see if she could find the archers and join them and find out who was in charge at least for now.

The archers were a small group, the smallest of the cavalry so it did take her a bit to find them but eventually one of them in fact found her - a young soldier that had just started training when Fuin had quit the Host so many years ago. She looked them over and smiled. "Tirn Arandillion"

"Lady Raveara."

"Authon Raveara" She corrected gently, and their eyes went wide.

"But you were a Taidor! why are you Authon now?"

"Conscriptions and lack of duty is my guess. Who is in charge of your division?" She asked giving the red clad soldier a pat on the back and turning them around so that they could get started on the task of her taking over the division at least until the Taidril that she had reported to sent her in the right direction arrived to take over.

"You I guess now. It was me." Arandillion said with a shrug, Fuin nodded. "Well at least I know I have a decently competent second in command then until I answer to the Taidron of the Cavalry. Tell me about who is in the division and their strengths and weaknesses while we walk, we've got a bit of time before we need to get riding again and the more I know the better off we'll be."

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

Their contingent was made up if Tirn the most senior being Arandillion and several lower rank members, not the best but they were at least going to be the most removed from battle of all of the cavalry that was marching. Fuin would not have held out much hope for them had they been lancers and now was not the time to run drills or change tactics. She knew that well enough, and her and Arandillion spoke at length over what they had trained to do and what their over all duties in this battle were going to be.

Mobile archers rather than archers in the thick of it using their horses as steam rollers to terrify the enemy more - probably for the best, it took far more practice to do the latter than the former. The only thing Fuin did change was that she made sure the Aphadors were partnered with herself and Arandillion something that would likely make herself and her second in command suffer but she knew he was a decent shot and that made it so that the aphadors stood the best chance of surviving. Of course it also meant that herself and Arandillion had a greater chance of being injured or wounded which was a risk, but Fuin did not like to waste the lives of elves if she could help it and if they were grouped all together which so far seemed to be the plan for most of the battles then they would be able to help each other out as well just as the wardens of Doroath had protected her when it had come to her first battle.

The march continued and Fuin did not like path they were on but it was the widest and best path that they could take, the others she knew were narrower - at best two men abreast or a single horse. This one at least five could pass through, it did leave them very open still and Fuin had her falcon high overhead she'd come down swifter than an arrow if she saw something but thus far at least the trip was uneventful as they made their way past the flank of Mount Gram it's imposing peak towering for above them the the east as they kept on towards the mountains of Angmar where there foe was making ready for war. The head of the winding beast that was the Elven Host must have cleared the flank of Gram by now she thought dourly - the plains between is where she had a feeling they would end up fighting or at least beginning too. Most of the men of the east that came to Angmar blessedly were fools and preferred to fight in open fields instead of keeping behind the strong walls of their fortresses which would nullify the numbers of the Host.

She glanced to Arandillion, and she could tell that they too shared some of her nerves though she was proud that he was doing far better at masking his feelings than he had back when he was an aphador years before. "I am hoping that it is rain in the air, I would rather be soaked to bone and have our passing go unnoticed than have a battle at the time of our foes choosing." Fuin said calmly and Arandillion nodded.

"I had not thought of it that way, though this path would be treacherous on horse back as we are the last through it I am in agreement."

"I fear though our hope for going unnoticed is slim, perhaps my falcon has done a job better than asked of her if they tried to send word by crow but if it were me I would have eyes upon Gram to watch any movement North." Arandillion nodded to that, his own mind had been of the same thought though he had forgotten the Authons falcon was aloft far over head.

"Smoke or fire would give away their position too much though perhaps they are trained well enough to not care."

"It depends who is manning the signals I think - men no matter how evil their hearts from years of long darkness tend to have a better will to preserve their own lives than orcs or goblins, so I am praying it is men simply because if they are too afraid to raise an alarm then we have a better chance of this battle going well, or at least being able to hold on until the foot soldier arrive with the Tar-Taidron." Indeed the foot soldiers would be a few days behind them, hopefully in that time they would be able to keep the pressure on the forces that threatened all of Eriador and the lands beyond if they should fail.

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

The march was tedious and getting to know the men and women that now served under her was not the easiest thing to do, some knew her others, knew of her and resented having their commander replaced before battle. She could not fault them on that, it was not the smartest move military wise but an Authil instead of a Tirn would generally have less issues with insubordination and she did her best to learn her people as well as she could as they pressed to war, much of their discomfort was staved off by the fact that she kept Arandillion in as her second in Command for the Unit, which had been small enough before there really had not been one. Something that Fuin had quietly told Arandillion he should have chosen regardless.

He had laughed and she had looked him in the eye and aske who would they look to if he was struck down? His laughter had died in his throat and he blinked, would they figure it out before they were overrun? Indeed Fuin earned her name that day reminding their unit that war, sometimes came at a cost and that it was one that they needed to be aware of that they were no longer on the training field or the range where there would be healers enough if something went wrong, she kept the unit somber as they prepared to climb into the mountains of Angmar. Fuin kept trying to keep an eye out for crows and she had her men doing the same, any crow they saw was to be struck down, something that would keep their numbers more hidden from the foe even if they did already know that the elves were marching upon them. At night when her soldiers relaxed Fuin sat calmly staring at the dark, the camp had no fires in it now their secrecy was needed fully now. She chewed on her bottom lip knowing full well that their luck had held out far longer than it should have ahead of them was the first washed gully on the path up, her eyes sought something on the ridges above the other riders and she refused to let her unit ride down into that gully, not until the others were more than half out of it which would take a bit. It was massive and there would be a gap with her order that would not sit well. But their whole forces in a gully seemed ill planned.

Their luck had held too long, she was certain of that. "Arandillion, we are breaking formation." She said calmly there was protest from the soldiers directly behind her, "If I'm wrong I will be the one reprimanded." She barked glowering at them. "We are riding two abreast along the upper ridge to the west of this gully. It will give us flanking position and is far stronger than having our entire force in the valley at once." To this there was silence and she wheeled her dark stallion towards the mountain side her unit followed. They were the smallest, and as archers a double line was fine if they needed to rain arrows into the Valley it wasn't until they had slipped into the foliage of the woods and the gap at the end of the cavalry marching into the gully came into view that dark horns sounded and Arandillion was grateful that he had not been in charge, they'd have been in with the main attack. "Press on so we can cover our hosts flank!" Fuin ordered and the group pressed their horses who were fleet and sure footed as they rode along the narrow ridge looking for the enemy as the cavalry of spears and swordsmen bristled in the gully ready to defend itself realizing that the archers were missing only in the last moments before great boulders began to roll down the hill side towards them intent on crippling their mounts and leaving them trapped.

"Find marks archers!" Arandillion shouted, know that whatever they faced was before them with him and Fuin crashing directly towards it on horseback.

High Lord of Imladris
Well I haven't gotten all the posts up and re-archived yet, but I have gotten the origin story for Mylien well underway and the links are up. Technically I think the flash back in BoB belongs in there as well but I am trying to figure out the placement of it in the first batch of posts since the second batch is going to be her officially getting to go on a ship (Well being rescued by her captain since she's been so useful)

Young Mylien posts

High Lord of Imladris
So I've revamped the Falling from the World to have the new Mordagnir brothers name as well as getting rid of several details about his hound (it makes sense he's still have a hound but otherwise I've removed Aigronding as a character as much as possible without changing the actual story. I'll continue it from this now that I've revamped this part of the story. (updated edit for 2.1 to include the draft and reaction)

Falling from the World V2.1

Fuin had come back to Imladris only recently, the House of Healing no longer well stocked nor was it even maintained, she walked the sad halls littered with fallen leaves that crunched under foot with a sense of remorse. Perhaps it was for the best, there were not enough souls needing healing for the house to be active and Lord Elrond could tend most that needed it by himself, but Fuin had come back from Lothlorien and the lands beyond the Misty Mountains and had sought to restore the house. Something told her it needed to be done, likely her friend Rassëdil posturing to go to war in Angmar. If she could get the gardens started perhaps by the time they returned from battle she would have enough herbs grown that she could begin making fresh supplies to tend them as they returned. He had asked her to join them, but she had refused, she'd given an oath to the Men of Rohan to fight along side them and she could not give him such a promise without leave from her Eored.

She set to work first in the gardens for without herbs there was little use to having beds and bandages short of the most basic care which one need not come to the House of Healing for. She was bent over pulling weeds from a garden bed when she heard the first croaking cries high above her and she glanced up. Rare was it that ravens traversed the Valley and she could not help but swallow. She looked up and could see it circling looking at her now that she was looking up it alighted on the gardens edge beside her. "Tar-Taidron Mordagnir requests you and what healers you can muster." Fuin could not help but blink at this. "What healers I can muster? That fool thinks there is a full house of Healing because I came back and have started restoring this house?" She muttered. The raven for his part looked at her and cocked his head.

"Corn?" Came the gravelly request and Fuin gave a sad smile and instead gave the raven a gentle scratch on the back of it's neck. "I am sorry friend I have no corn from you though I know that Mordagnir will have some if you return to his camp." She said, the black feathered avian gave a happy croak at the gentle rubs that felt so good his eyes blinking shut for a moment before Fuin looked at him stopping rubbing beneath his feathers. "Let Mordagnir know that I come with all that I can from Lord Elrond himself." The raven gave a nod and took back to the wing and Fuin watched for only a moment.

Black wings and their ill tidings, why Mordagnir had sent them to her and not Elrond was beyond her but she headed swiftly now to see what healers and what herbs he could spare before the set off North to the meet up with Rassëdil and the Host of elven Soldiers that had traveled with him.

The journey had been long and hard and swift, and had her mount needed energy to fight in the battle then she would have worried at the pace she had set. Shadowing had made the horses the aphadors rode struggle for he was first and foremost a warhorse, and of great endurance. Their horses though of the stable of Rivendell were not as well trained or bred for battle but upon catching up the Host their horses would now be able to rest. Fuin was making sure they were well back from battle as they were young aphadors that were perhaps less trained than she would like but they would do well as long as they were kept back at the elven camp. Fuin would take the risk of riding into battle to pull the wounded free and bring them back to the healing tent with her once they were able to get the tent set up and she unloaded the pack that she had of salves and bandages and even a small quantity of athelas, for there was some whisper in her mind that told her it would be needed before she saw Imladris once more. Elrond had questioned it and she could not give him an answer when she had said she felt she needed it. She was older than him though, and he didn't overly question her and had given her a small clipping of fresh athelas that she'd tucked into the pouch on her belt. It would stay with her the Aphadors could not use it properly.

She found Rassëdil amongst the column after a short while and the others that were commanding this assault and presented herself. She looked more like a soldier than a healer, she wore light leather armor and bracers and her bow and quiver were on her back, more for defense of herself and elves she sought to pull from battle so that they would not fall before she got there. She also had her sword and her daggers at her waist both in case the enemy got to close and she needed to defend herself. She bore no shield and her blue grey eyes looked towards the Ettenmoors past Rassëdil to the smoke she could see rising. Her jaw set and Shadowing her great war steed pranced beneath her in anticipation, he would be disappointed though just as her friend Rassëdil would be when he found out the weapons on her were more for show than they were for battle.
"Mordagnir, I've made it I've got a few aphador healers with me that I've kept at the rear of your forces, for there are too few healers in the Valley to spare now, though there are some in your ranks here, hopefully they will not fall." She said calmly knowing there was at least one two other healers in the ranks. She had no doubt that soon the front of the Host would be meeting battle, and then she would begin the task of making sure soldiers were able to stay fighting. Over the tromp of boot, hoof, and clatter of sword, shield, and spear she could hear the long cruel howls of wolves, the battle would be deadly, for both sides, she could only hope that the losses of the Elven hosts and their human allies would be much smaller than those that they were fighting against.

It did not take long for the host to come upon the source of the smoke that was rising lending an air of shade to the battle field even as Arien tried to break through the heavy clouds above that threatened to loose upon the field. From where Fuin was near the back of the army she couldn't discern much though she did see a flight of arrows being exchanged and she could hear the cries of those struck and the shriek of horses pricked by deadly barbs. There was little she could do yet, save try desperately to keep her steed under control, he tossed his head and displayed proudly his head arching and his ears pointed upright his tail up lifting his forelegs high ready for a fight. "No friend we are not here to fight." She had to keep reminding him, she had even gone as far to tack him up, not a normal thing for her but in this case? She wanted that bit in case he got too head strong and decided to bolt into battle when they should not.

Rassëdil was back near her, at least for the time being, directing the forces she for the moment stayed near him though the high elf gave her more than one scowl at her hard refusal to break her oath to the men of Rohan to join him. His continence despite his fair features matched the dour sky. Soon the Host was swarming into the village and the arrows were no longer flying constantly and she gave Rassëdil a nod. "Let's see how many lives I can save." She shouted some commands to the healers that she had brought with her, to get water on a fire so that they would have it when she got back with wounded they would not need to wait for it. They set about at a frantic pace getting a pot of water over a fire to boil and she gave her black steed the head he wished. He sprang forwards like an arrow propelled by her ancient bow swift and unerring into the fray. She bent low over his back weaving between the lines that marched forward yet - calling warning to those that did not react swift enough. It did not take her long to find wounded. Some were able to be cleaned and set back to battle with little more than a wrapping over shallow wounds that had been more of a shock to the soldier than a true hindrance. It did not take her long though to find two that had arrows lodged in their flesh, one wheezing for breath and the other struggling to get back to the camp. She put the long leather reins of Shadowing in the mouth of the first.

"BITE."

She barked at them giving them no time to question as she grabbed the arrow and snapped the shaft so that it was not so long. The second knew what was coming and didn't fight when she snapped the arrow that protruded from his thigh in the same manner. The reins of Shadowing would be a testament by the end of this battle to the harsh reality of field medicine, but also to the number of lives saved. She helped them onto the stallions back and began the task of getting them back to the camp and the medical tent. No sooner did she have them in the hands of the healing Aphadors that had come with her than she was mounted back up once more. Already blood stained her hands and her horse, and they would be covered in much more before this day was over.

She glanced about for Rassëdil , curious if he was still directing the battle from afar or if him and Neroliv his hound were afield now that they were in the village itself. She did not mark him on her quick look of the camp before she plunged back into the battle field again to seek out more wounded. There was a deep rumble overhead and Fuin pulled her cloaks hood up knowing that soon the field would be slick and dangerous and sight lines even more obscured by what threatened now to be a downpour.

It was not long before the silver curtain of rain fell washing away blood and visual lines. Aside from in the village itself the field was clear for her to find wounded many could make it back to the healing tent not far back from where they were a few needed help. Others... She could do nothing for them but sit and hold their hand as their last breaths rattled from their chests. She found the odd enemy as well, she only knew those by the elven arrows in their chest. She gave them the same treatment if they were dying, for she did not know what they'd been told to get them to fight for Angmar, perhaps they were not evil. Once she was certain that the field outside the village was clear she headed for the village itself. There the wounded were brought back to the destroyed gate so she need not ventured too far.

She was soaked her dark hair clinging in wet tendrils to her face as she called out to her kinsmen and allies not wanting them to think they were being flanked and attack her. "How goes the battle?" She asked to one of the soldiers, she remembered them as an aphador many years ago, but now, their surcoat told her they were a Tirn.

"Well enough Raveara. It would be better if you were here with us instead of being the healers shuttle." The tone was enough that Fuin narrowed her eyes slightly at the younger elleth that spoke to her.

"You still don't outrank me enough to get away with that tone, even Rassëdil himself would be put on his blonde backside if he spoke like that." She said softly and coldly and the tirn bowed their heads looking away, as much out of respect as it was out of anger that Fuin someone that had once been a Tadril many years ago refused to fight by their sides. Fuin for her part kept was quiet and looked at her. "Use that rage, just don't get yourself killed or wounded, you remember me as the Roaring Lion, you would be kidding yourself if you thought I was any gentler as a Master Healer." She said with a smirk which brought a short barking laugh from the Tirn.

"No I don't suppose you would be." Fuin gave her a smile and began checking the wounded to see who she could get up immediately and back into the fight and who she needed to get back to the healers tent. When a horn sounded deeper into the village.

"Tar-Taidron." The words came from both Fuin and the Tirns lips. It was a signal that the Host was pushing forward into the Keep clearing the last of the foes out. It was a call for reinforcements, Fuin motioned that the Tirn should go that she would make sure that this rally point was held, for now until she got enough members of the Host and the Village that could fight that were there tended to so that they could rejoin the battle.

She watched the red surcoat fade into the grey of the rain and went to work.
From where she was at the gate she could not tell what was happening deeper in the village or the Keep, though soldier and villagers trickled back to where she was posted for now every once in a while. So far none blessedly had needed to be rushed back to the healers tent for treatment of far more severe wounds. That said she was endlessly wary of the forms that slipped from the grey rain curtain towards them her hand going more than once for her sword before realizing they were friend rather than foe. Until finally she had enough soldiers mended enough that they could hold the gate and she could take those that would need stitches soon back to the healing tent.

"Alright." She said clapping one of the few Tirns that had come back more to check than to be healed. "I am leaving you in charge here, I"m going to take everyone that needs stitches back to the healers tent for now, I'll be back in a bit. If someone comes looking for me that is where I've headed." The tirn nodded blinking water out of their eyes.

"Be safe." Came the call as Fuin got the men and women that she'd tied bandages tightly to onto their feet. The ones that had the worst leg injuries were on Shadowing who now realizing that they would not be going into battle hung his head in the rain disliking it deeply.

"You as well." She said and started the group trudging through the ever deepening mud and puddles back to the healers tent. Their pace was slow for Fuin kept an eye on her companions until finally they were spotted by the guards around the camp and all of them could be helped to the healers tent. She handed off Shadowing to a soldier aphador to get him unsaddled for now and tie him off. She was covered to her knees in mud and her cloak sagged heavily from the amount of the rain.

"Alright which of you is more confident in your stitching?" She asked as she came marching in setting the worst wounded elf on a cot. The younger elf timidly raised her hand and Fuin nodded firmly. "You are going to be doing a lot of stitching then friend, you wash up your first patient," She looked about at the rabble, and pointed out one that had the most shallow cut that she'd brought back on their arm. "Them first, wash and clean and stitch, once you're done..." Fuin looked at the second aphador. "You will have a second patient that is similar ready for them as you'll be washing and cleaning wounds before either of us get to stitching get to them, and then bandaging the patients we are finished with. The worst cuts are coming to me to be stitched." She said seeing the Aphadors looking at the numbers she'd brought with her in fear unsure of how to proceed with the number of bodies to process. "Nobody in this group is dying. I made sure of that or I'd have brought them back far sooner, do not rush your stitches and breathe." That seemed to snap the two younger elves out of their stupor and they got to work.

It didn't take long for the master healer to finish scrubbing her hands clean of the mud and blood after tossing her bracers aside and rolling her sodden sleeves up. Finished she headed for the first patient who had been given a dose of niphredil draught to numb the pain before Fuin got to work cleaning the wound itself. She worked fast on cleaning it washing it with warm water, and calendula and elanor to clean it thoroughly before she began the task of meshing muscle and fat and skin back together. This was the worst of the wounds and why she was dealing with it first, just in case anything else came in that needed a master healer fast. She could hear the aphadors at work talking gently and soothing their patients something she did as well though more she talked about things to keep their mind off of what was happening she knew most of them well enough to know the touchy subjects like family or where they had lived and to avoid those. She sat back her hands once again bloody as she washed the now
closed wound once more.

"You'll have a lovely scar, do better on your fourth position blocks or you'll end up with more scars there than I have on my legs, you don't get to go back into battle until you're healed friend, your leg is too damaged." She said with a smile, this brought a laugh and then a cry of despair at the glory they would miss out on from her patient as she called for the aphador to poultice and bandage the wound before she moved onto the next. This one had their side cut open, painful but they'd have less issues than the thigh wound she'd just shut. The floor inside the tent was getting soft despite the tent holding strong and not leaking the rain was still coming down hard and she heard vaguely the sound of hooves outside through the rain and if she was there but she had more important things to focus on for now.

In the warm flickering light of the lanterns that kept the tent well lit even during the down pour she became aware of a shadow haunting her back as she stitched her patient laid on their side their arm partially raised. She turned and glanced at who was standing quietly waiting and did a once over making sure they were not there because they were injured. It was an Authon, looking somewhat nervous as they looked about seeing all that there was to do.
"What is it Authon?" She asked turning her attention back to the cut that was almost sewn shut."

"Rassëdil has ordered that you are to follow Taidron Nulda as soon as you are able as he and the First File clear the woods of the last foes that fled from the village and the Keep. I have have brought a few men to protect you as you will be in the field in case there are any injuries that need treatment." This caused Fuin to snort as she glanced over her shoulder towards him eyeing him up and down like a lion toying with a wounded lamb it was about to eat. Her fingers deftly knotting the current stitch she was on before she looked back at the wound to make another careful stitch.

"This is the last patient that needs me to do the stitching though it would be faster for the others if I stayed." She said calmly. The thought of being guarded made her laugh, but she would accept it, she was certain this was Rassëdil trying to shame her into fighting once more. "My horse is outside his saddle off, can you saddle him back up for he will want to go crashing off to war without tack to control him." The elf nodded swallowing hard at the task he'd been given knowing full well which horse it was and disappeared. She did not bother to rush her stitches and kept an even calm pace until finally she was done. "The aphador will apply a poultice and bandage and then you are to rest. If I come back to find you've not stayed in this tent and gone out swinging a sword I"ll take your sword arm off with my daggers and beat you with it." She said rather seriously to the aphador who nodded fearfully at the thought that a healer would do such a thing.

Fuin sighed and looked at her still soaked cloak and shifted in her shirt and armor both damp still and uncomfortable, but nothing was comfortable about battle. She gave a nod to her aphadors encouraging them and washed her hands one last time before rolling her sleeves back down and putting her bracers back on. She plucked bandages and salves and put them in her hip back and took a set of tools to pull arrow heads as she doubted they would be close enough that she could get anyone back to the healers tent. The rain was finally easing some, though the ground was soaked and slick from feet and hooves tromping on it as she exited the healing tent they could at least see further and the Authon had Shadowing mostly ready.

She checked his saddle and tightened it up with a strong pull and looked at him. "I'm not flopping around under your belly because you won't listen to me if you take it to heart you want to go cantering off to war with me on your back." She said as he turned and looked at her sad that she'd caught him. She mounted up and the small group of 3 soldiers and the one healer rode off to catch up to the First File, she wondered if they would be back at camp tonight or if they would be wandering the forest for a bit.

She was left with her small guard back at the dark eves of the forest that loomed before the First File. She set up a small healing station, hoping that there would not be too many she had no cots and only a small cover to keep the rain off her patients when they finally came. She did get a fire started though that in itself was a fight after the rain and began the task of making sure she'd be read for whatever came. A small pot boiling over the fire and her bracers once again off and her sleeves rolled up so that she could be ready for whatever came.

Time wore on. and the morquendi woman paced under the small over that she'd set up feeding the small fire occasionally to keep the water hot as she waited. This wait. It was terrible and more than once she had to stop herself because she was making the soldiers that were stuck waiting with her nervous. She stood finally beside them watching the woods her eyes scanning the spaces between the dark trunks her ears listening. Far off all three of them could hear battle and she knew they were as frustrated as she was.

Soon a horse came back on it was a healer and soldier, a Taidril with a wounded elf, Fuin grabbed the elf unconscious from her noting a tightly wrapped bandage on his arm stained already with blood.

"He pulled an arrow out." Which Fuin nodded to, it was the only explanation she needed she got one of the soldiers with her to help she needed another set of hands no matter how unskilled they were.

"Right I want you to wash your hands in the water and pull that pot of the fire we're going to use a lot of it" She cut the bandage off and watched the rush of blood and put her hand over the wound squeezing hard to the aphador soldier from bleeding to death. "Grab one of my daggers and put it in the fire. We need to cauterize this wound or he'll bleed out." She said and work at finding the artery and pinching it shut with her fingers. Her hands were slick with blood and her own heart was racing as she looked at the aphador, he was pale and she could feel his pulse just below her fingertips as she kept him from bleeding out. The soldier looked wide eyed and did as he was told the dagger in the fire. "I need you to pull out the vials of tinctures on my left hip, there is one labeled Elanor I need you to pour it all over the wound. I have to keep holding the artery shut until the dagger is ready and I need to be sure there is no poison from the arrow."

She could feel the soldiers hands shaking, and their breath was coming fast, they were not trained to save lives but take the lives of enemies.

"You're doing very well take a deep breath I've got this he's not in any immediate danger right now." She said soothingly and she heard several deep breathes. and then she saw the bottle and it poured over her hand and into the wound. "Good now go check and see if the dagger is red hot."

The soldier returned the dagger was orange and radiating heat in the cool air. "Well the good news is he's unconscious the bad news is I can't give him any pain killers before hand." With that she took the blade. "I want you to hold him down put your weight on his shoulders keep them pinned."

"But you said he's already unconscious..."

"This is going to wake him up." She said looking at the soldier who swallowed and did as asked. "Hold tight." She said and looked at the space she had to work with. She took a deep breath and plunged the red hot knife in burning the artery closed and the fingertips that held it. The aphador screamed and woke up as Fuin extracted her blistered index and middle finger the blood flow was stopped though. and the withdrew the blade. "Good work soldier." She said dipping her fingers in cold water to ease the burning. "We're good from here, you can go back to being a soldier now." She said with a smile. She needed to stitch the rest of the wound shut but at least he was no longer bleeding out.
Fuin sat a hand on the wounded aphadors chest keeping him down so that he stayed relaxed. "You're lucky soldier, you're safe now." She said softly soothing him as he looked around his eyes frantic. "You should be just fine, did an enemy pull the arrow from you?" She asked finally getting him to lock eyes with her. His green eyes frantic searching until the met hers.

"No. No I did what what was that?" He asked trying to sit up and look at his arm.

"That was me I'm afraid, you tore an artery and were bleeding out had to cauterize it to keep you from bleeding out. Should have left it in could have gotten it out without the damage." Fuin said calmly. "You'll have a fantastic scar from this as it is quite a messy wound." She said softly. "Of course it might help you catch the attention of a lovely elleth if you haven't found your love already." She said with a smile as he laid back his ragged breathing slowing down slightly. "You're going to need to stay off the battle field for a while you've lost a lot of blood and won't be able to overly use that arm in a fight not for a long time. I've brought some seregon tincture which will help you be able to move around without passing out from the blood loss you have sustained." She sat with him several moments longer letting his breathing finish evening out until he was completely calm.

She sat looking at the woods the rain having eased now to only the odd drop that dripped off of the small healing canopy over the two of them large and heavy, somewhere out there there were battles still happening ravens flew once more now that the rain had stopped, seeking out the heads of the Files to distribute new orders. "We will find out what Tar-Taidron Mordagnir has planned for us soon" With that she pulled a small vial of Niphredil, and poured a few drops on the wound itself. "I can't give you any orally but this should at least numb the area before I stitch the last of the wound shut."

Soon she and her patient were sitting quietly a poultice on his arm while they waited in the lifting gloom for whatever was to come next.

The Files were reformed and soon they were all heading back to the camp, there were a few more elves that she found wounded but tended, and Fuin knew that the healers in the ranks of the files had tended to those well. The camp on their return was a hornets nest swarming and Fuin knew that this was no small force that they were facing, she knew why he'd called for healers and her. She marched back to the healers tent needing to make sure that her aphadors were alright she knew that this was a trial by fire and that this could be too much for them. When she got there the aphadors were barely keeping up with stitches, however it seemed like they were doing good at triaging the most important stitches.

“We need to finish these, we have orders we need to break camp and head to Angmar.” She said from what she had caught wind of something was driving these men down from Angmar to attack, what it was Rassëdil was keeping that tightly guarded. Their task though was to prepare the elves and men that couldn't continue to fight safely underway back to Imladris. She found horses and allied men to get them back to Rivendell to heal using her rank as Minestor to superseded Rassëdil's orders for as the healer he could not outweigh her voice on this and soon she heard him riding up behind her and she could feel the Tar-Taidrons eyes upon her back. Boring into her his hound was less subtle than him growling and snapping.

“Indeed.” Mordagnir sneared as Fuin for her part continued to ignore him. “She's forgotten that she is an elf not a human, and that Rohan does not need her help to defend their borders. A whole army of Uruk are going to destroy her home and she is content stitching wounds.” He slipped off of his horse and she could hear Rassëdil's footsteps through the mud warned her before he laid a hand upon her spinning her about. Her dagger was in her hand ready to be put under his chin, “You were a master of death long before you were a master of life, find yourself a white surcoat we need you in the File again.”

The snarl curled back her lips and she was about to strike and put him on his ass when the a cry of pain came and fear in the voice of one of the men that she'd treated before calling that his wound had opened up again. Rassëdil tipped his head back “You should handle that first.” With that he stepped back glancing at the dagger that was at his chest height and shook his head. “And find better armor. Your leathers won't protect you against orc arrows.” With that he slipped away and Fuin snarled and rushed back to the healing tent to find the first soldier she'd stitched up had torn his thigh open again trying to hobble his way to a horse.

“You just saved the Tar-Taidron's life.” She muttered putting him back on a cot so she could tend the cut, he was confused and she was just fine with that. The wound was quick it was only a few stitches that had popped and the aphapdors quickly took care of it.

Once she was certain of her aphadors had him handled did she seek out Rassëdil once more. This time thought there was no call of wounded to spare him her wrath, and Neroliv herself upon seeing her marching towards her master - normally fearless and bold slipped her tail between her legs and shrank back leaving her Master to face this particular foe on his own.

"Mordagnir!" She growled as he turned to check what was causing his dog to quake in fear only to have Fuins steely grasp upon his surcoat a fire in her eyes and her dagger out once more though not blessedly under his chin. "Your dog has more sense then you do Tar-Taidron Rassëdil ." She barked. "I quit the host long ago because what it began to stand for was something that I could not abide by. If it were not for the fact that if we fail here, then Imladris and Lorien will fall, and I will likely fall with them and be unable to help the land where I've sworn my life to it's protection, and being a healer will not help Imladris or Lorien stand. Being healer and warrior will, you have your Authil, be grateful you have your neck intact too." She said growling and turning away. "But if you think I'm going to wear a white coat into battle you've got another thing coming unless you plan on trying to get the black orc blood out of it for me when we get back to Imladris." With that she shoved him hard backwards and he rebounded in kind - Rassëdil narrowed his eyes at Fuin as she barked at him and he loomed over the shorter elf ; the general was the taller of the two elves. “My dog would have said the same cursed thing if she was liable to talk, iaurmellon ( old friend ). Confronting you was better than asking, in my mind. Faced baldly with the truth, you could be swayed.” Rassëdil managed to fight a smile as Fuin accepted.

“You will both heal life and take it then wear rags and orc skin for all I care” Rassëdil snapped and walked away, satisfied though he wouldn't show it. He had done the impossible; Fuin was back in the fold at least for now, he had never thought he could convince his friend to return. He could only hope that she could forgive him for this transgression. He knew full well that she took her oaths seriously, and he would undoubtedly pay for this in some way other than her refusing to wear the white cloak.

Fuin marched away to finish her tasks in the healing tent and to make sure that the Aphadors knew that they would in the next few battles be mostly on their own as she began fighting directly.

Fuin let out a sigh, she'd finished her work in the tent the worst of the wounds tended to and with the new orders that they would be marching into Angmar she got the Aphadors that she had brought with her ready. For the most part it was just stitching wounds that they would face, She made sure that they knew how to withdraw an arrow if someone came in with one, something that normally Aphadors did not do but it might be needed. She helped them pack up the healing tent. Those that were too badly wounded to continue fighting had been put into a small caravan and sent back towards the Valley of Imladris where Elrond could tend them and make sure that they would heal well. They couldn't fight, and having dead weight hanging on them that they would need to protect in the curving passes of Angmar was an ill plan.

At least for now Fuin did still outrank everyone including the Tar-Taidron when it came to the well being of the wounded as the Minestor of the Adab Nestad he could not force her to keep them here, she sent them on horses for those that could not walk and those that could walked alongside the horses. They were close enough to the Valley that she was not worried that they would be attacked the enemy was retreating North and the Host was giving chase they would be too busy to see the small group slip away in the night.

With the tent being packed up and the wounded that could still fight and do guard duty at the least being prepared to move Fuin needed to find the head of the cavalry she would be joining them likely as a mounted archer, and mostly because in all this rain they would be the easiest to find with the horses. She slipped out into the darkening evening to find that Taidron or Taidril she wasn't even entirely sure who was in charge of the Cavalry it had been so long since she had been a member of the Host, she had no doubt that she'd be able to find their bright bleeding purple surcoat in this mess.

It did not take her long to find them, they were in charge of moving the heaviest loads and supplies being the people with the horses and Fuin presented herself with a nod. "Taidril, I have been ordered by the Tar-Taidron to report for duty, I felt you'd likely be the easiest to find, my horse is still fresh though he's been running wounded from the battle field most of the day."

The Taidril looked her over and gave a nod looking at her bow and arrow. "It's good to have you back Raveara, it's been a long time since your bow sung in battle for the Host." This was true, it had been many years now. Fuin had to bite her tongue she was officially a soldier again and she was out ranked here.

"Indeed."

"What rank were you given do you need a surcoat?" The Taidril motioned to a supply wagon where Fuin would likely be able to get a surcoat if she had wanted one.

"Authil, but I will not be wearing a white surcoat. I've better things to do than laundry." She said calmly which brought a laugh from the commander.

"Stubborn as ever, I doubt Rassëdil liked that well."

"Rassëdil can have Shadowing kick him in the head for all I care about the surcoat colour of the Authon rank." Fuin said with a shrug, this brought a shake of the Taidrils head.

"Fine, your skills will proceed you anyways given we don't have any of your rank or prestige in the mounted archers, they should be heading out shortly as the rear guard of the foot soldiers heading up into the mountains catch up with them, and try to make sure we don't lose any of them in the following battles." To this Fuin nodded and went to say her final farewell to her aphadors and get on her horse Shadowing.

The two raced off to the north towards the marching backs of the rest of the Host to find the mounted archers that she would be a part of for this battle.
It was almost almost midway through the night watch when Fuin finally arrived at the rear line of the elven cavalry. She was caught by the watch though she'd not bothered to hide at all so she was not sure why they were so smug with themselves. This direction should have as little risk to the army that was on the move as it could. After all Rassëdil and the others were following shortly after once they had secured the village and had the wounded that were too badly injured all sent back to the Valley. She heard whispers from a few younger elves that had heard of her but had never seen her in battle, what was she doing here? Was the Tar-Taidron really expecting such heavy losses that he would send the Minestor with the column itself?

Fuin had no time to sooth their concerns there she needed to get her war steed cooled down and rubbed down so that he would be well and rested enough to endure the remainder of the riding, if he were not so hardy and young and use to riding great distances she would have needed to stay with Rassëdil and travel with him. It was probably for the best that wasn't needed, she was still upset that he had drafted her into the the Elven Host.

It took her another hour to get the massive Rohirric steed cooled down and settled among the other horses before she grabbed her small tent and set it up, she'd get into the watch roster tomorrow tonight she was going to sleep.

She was exhausted and if it were not for the commotion of the camp getting ready to break she may have slept in more than normal but the tromp of hooves and feet and the clanking of metal armor and shields and sword and spears. She growled angrily and pushed herself to her feet and crawled out of her tent and looked around and quickly began to tear down her tent. She put it back into the pack on her saddle and headed for food and to find out who she needed to talk to to make sure she was in the right place. She remembered then that the Taidron that she had reported to stated that she was the highest ranking person in the mounted archers division. and after a moment she came to the horrible realization that meant that SHE was in charge. She needed to find out who she was taking over from was what she needed to do.

She drank down the broth breakfast and ate a few mouthfuls of bread and headed to find the archers her horse in tow.

"Archers?" She asked another Authon grabbing their shoulder they were so bloody easy to find with those white surcoats. The Authons eyes went wide as they were about to rebuke the person only to see who it was.

"Who d--" Fuin looked at the Authon they were young and she was certain that they were from Lothlorien for they carried a long spear. "They are a bit west of here, when did you join camp?"

"Last night I finally caught up after being conscripted. Do you know who is in charge of the archers?" She asked, this question got a shake of the head from the trapped spear man.

"Sorry... uhhh."

"Authon."

"Sorry Authon Raveara I wish I could help... Do you need a surcoat?"

"No I'm not wearing white on a battle field. Thanks for the information." With that she let them go and headed west to see if she could find the archers and join them and find out who was in charge at least for now.

The archers were a small group, the smallest of the cavalry so it did take her a bit to find them but eventually one of them in fact found her - a young soldier that had just started training when Fuin had quit the Host so many years ago. She looked them over and smiled. "Tirn Arandillion"

"Lady Raveara."

"Authon Raveara" She corrected gently, and their eyes went wide.

"But you were a Taidor! why are you Authon now?"

"Conscription and lack of duty is my guess. Who is in charge of your division?" She asked giving the red clad soldier a pat on the back and turning them around so that they could get started on the task of her taking over the division at least until the Taidril that she had reported to sent her in the right direction arrived to take over.

"You I guess now. It was me." Arandillion said with a shrug, Fuin nodded. "Well at least I know I have a decently competent second in command then until I answer to the Taidron of the Cavalry. Tell me about who is in the division and their strengths and weaknesses while we walk, we've got a bit of time before we need to get riding again and the more I know the better off we'll be."

Their contingent was made up if Tirn the most senior being Arandillion and several lower rank members, not the best but they were at least going to be the most removed from battle of all of the cavalry that was marching. Fuin would not have held out much hope for them had they been lancers and now was not the time to run drills or change tactics. She knew that well enough, and her and Arandillion spoke at length over what they had trained to do and what their over all duties in this battle were going to be.

Mobile archers rather than archers in the thick of it using their horses as steam rollers to terrify the enemy more - probably for the best, it took far more practice to do the latter than the former. The only thing Fuin did change was that she made sure the Aphadors were partnered with herself and Arandillion something that would likely make herself and her second in command suffer but she knew he was a decent shot and that made it so that the aphadors stood the best chance of surviving. Of course it also meant that herself and Arandillion had a greater chance of being injured or wounded which was a risk, but Fuin did not like to waste the lives of elves if she could help it and if they were grouped all together which so far seemed to be the plan for most of the battles then they would be able to help each other out as well just as the wardens of Doriath had protected her when it had come to her first battle.

The march continued and Fuin did not like path they were on but it was the widest and best path that they could take, the others she knew were narrower - at best two men abreast or a single horse. This one at least five could pass through, it did leave them very open still and Fuin had her falcon high overhead she'd come down swifter than an arrow if she saw something but thus far at least the trip was uneventful as they made their way past the flank of Mount Gram it's imposing peak towering for above them the the east as they kept on towards the mountains of Angmar where there foe was making ready for war. The head of the winding beast that was the Elven Host must have cleared the flank of Gram by now she thought dourly - the plains between is where she had a feeling they would end up fighting or at least beginning too. Most of the men of the east that came to Angmar blessedly were fools and preferred to fight in open fields instead of keeping behind the strong walls of their fortresses which would nullify the numbers of the Host.

She glanced to Arandillion, and she could tell that they too shared some of her nerves though she was proud that he was doing far better at masking his feelings than he had back when he was an aphador years before. "I am hoping that it is rain in the air, I would rather be soaked to bone and have our passing go unnoticed than have a battle at the time of our foes choosing." Fuin said calmly and Arandillion nodded.

"I had not thought of it that way, though this path would be treacherous on horse back as we are the last through it I am in agreement."

"I fear though our hope for going unnoticed is slim, perhaps my falcon has done a job better than asked of her if they tried to send word by crow but if it were me I would have eyes upon Gram to watch any movement North." Arandillion nodded to that, his own mind had been of the same thought though he had forgotten the Authons falcon was aloft far over head.

"Smoke or fire would give away their position too much though perhaps they are trained well enough to not care."

"It depends who is manning the signals I think - men no matter how evil their hearts from years of long darkness tend to have a better will to preserve their own lives than orcs or goblins, so I am praying it is men simply because if they are too afraid to raise an alarm then we have a better chance of this battle going well, or at least being able to hold on until the foot soldier arrive with the Tar-Taidron." Indeed the foot soldiers would be a few days behind them, hopefully in that time they would be able to keep the pressure on the forces that threatened all of Eriador and the lands beyond if they should fail. The march was tedious and getting to know the men and women that now served under her was not the easiest thing to do, some knew her others, knew of her and resented having their commander replaced before battle. She could not fault them on that, it was not the smartest move military wise but an Authil instead of a Tirn would generally have less issues with insubordination and she did her best to learn her people as well as she could as they pressed to war, much of their discomfort was staved off by the fact that she kept Arandillion in as her second in Command for the Unit, which had been small enough before there really had not been one. Something that Fuin had quietly told Arandillion he should have chosen regardless.

He had laughed and she had looked him in the eye and asked who would they look to if he was struck down? His laughter had died in his throat and he blinked, would they figure it out before they were overrun? Indeed Fuin earned her name that day reminding their unit that war, sometimes came at a cost and that it was one that they needed to be aware of that they were no longer on the training field or the range where there would be healers enough if something went wrong, she kept the unit somber as they prepared to climb into the mountains of Angmar. Fuin kept trying to keep an eye out for crows and she had her men doing the same, any crow they saw was to be struck down, something that would keep their numbers more hidden from the foe even if they did already know that the elves were marching upon them. At night when her soldiers relaxed Fuin sat calmly staring at the dark, the camp had no fires in it now their secrecy was needed fully now. She chewed on her bottom lip knowing full well that their luck had held out far longer than it should have ahead of them was the first washed gully on the path up, her eyes sought something on the ridges above the other riders and she refused to let her unit ride down into that gully, not until the others were more than half out of it which would take a bit. It was massive and there would be a gap with her order that would not sit well. But their whole forces in a gully seemed ill planned.

Their luck had held too long, she was certain of that. "Arandillion, we are breaking formation." She said calmly there was protest from the soldiers directly behind her, "If I'm wrong I will be the one reprimanded." She barked glowering at them. "We are riding two abreast along the upper ridge to the west of this gully. It will give us flanking position and is far stronger than having our entire force in the valley at once." To this there was silence and she wheeled her dark stallion towards the mountain side her unit followed. They were the smallest, and as archers a double line was fine if they needed to rain arrows into the Valley it wasn't until they had slipped into the foliage of the woods and the gap at the end of the cavalry marching into the gully came into view that dark horns sounded and Arandillion was grateful that he had not been in charge, they'd have been in with the main attack. "Press on so we can cover our hosts flank!" Fuin ordered and the group pressed their horses who were fleet and sure footed as they rode along the narrow ridge looking for the enemy as the cavalry of spears and swordsmen bristled in the gully ready to defend itself realizing that the archers were missing only in the last moments before great boulders began to roll down the hill side towards them intent on crippling their mounts and leaving them trapped.

"Find marks archers!" Arandillion shouted, know that whatever they faced was before them with him and Fuin crashing directly towards it on horseback.
Last edited by Fuin Elda on Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
And I've now Archived the Lost and Found story I was writing with Fuin meeting Mylien and Ruindil for the first time officially into her section, I really need to do more archiving of my posts lol
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
Falling from the World

They pressed on and soon they saw their foes arrows began to fly and the cry went up from their enemy and soon it was not the main host that had the attention of the orcs and...

“TROLLS!” Fuin shouted seeing one troll that had been throwing massive stones at the Host which had turned for a moment only to realize that there was no way for them to make it out of the valley they were in except to go back or push forwards. The mounted archers crashed into the first few orcs that had been there along side the trolls and they fell one off the edge of the ledge that they were on and the other under the hooves of the horses.

The shouts told her that the Host was working on doubling back using the ledge to pincer the force that had attacked them. How long it would take though for them to find that side of the ledge and make it through was not easy to find. Fuin knew that well enough she'd slunk around this area years ago and knew it well enough that was why she had taken her archers that way, she knew that they could make it through.

The archers pushed as far as they could before they had to hold where they were it was tough as there was no way to maneuver around the ledge on horse back but they didn't push far enough forward that they would be forced to stay right in the face of the enemy exchanging blows. “Take down the trolls!” Fuin called back knowing full well that her and Arandillion could hold the orcs at bay with their own arrows and swords. Shadowing as well made it hard to get near the stallion lashed out violently at anything that came too near. The trolls were still occasionally throwing stones at the main host but slowly they were turning towards the mounted archers to deal with them now that they were being turned into pin cushions filled with arrows and the orcs giving them orders were having a harder time convincing them to keep attacking the main Host.

“The Trolls!” Arandillion shouted again as one of the trolls started charging towards the group in a rage shoving several orcs off of the ledge as it came, making his and Fuin's job easier but this was something that could kill them and Fuin drew her bow placing several of her own arrows in the trolls chest the weight of her draw and her aim enough to sink one deep into the trolls guts causing it to slow its charge though that certainly didn't kill it and it was still coming for the.

“Hurry up you fools” Fuin muttered praying that the host would find the ledge.
Sereg a Dîn