Dear Mairon - Putting the Agony Back in Agony Aunt - Advice Column RP

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Easterling

Dear Mairon: Advice Which Definitely Does Not Come from Sauron

What's a certain Maia with literal millennia of administrative experience going to do with a sudden excess of spare time, you ask?

Why, start an advice column, of course!

Pay no attention to any faint hint of sulphur you might detect about the envelope. You must be imagining it. Mairon, founder and owner of Rodrom, LLC, has been transforming small start-ups into successful multinational enterprises since before the invention of written language. Now, he provides consulting services to businesses and kingdoms alike. Passionate as he is about providing discreet, reliable, and occasionally unique guidance to the peoples of Middle Earth, he is also happy to act as an agony aunt for individuals free of charge. Simply contact him via palantír, or send your questions in to the mailing address below.

Mairon
Rodrom, LLC
P.O. Box #12345
A Location Which Is Not Barad-dûr, in a Country Which is Definitely Not Mordor
Arda

Mairon's agony aunt areas of specialty include:
-Dealing with that one relative who makes everyone uncomfortable during the holidays
-Relationships
-Figuring out if they're The One
-Handling break-ups
-Dealing with incompetent co-workers
-Telling your parents that you really don't want to major in the course of study they chose for you
-Uncovering and addressing issues of who ate the last cookie
-Diplomatic negotiations with unreasonable HOAs
...And many more!

Cast of Characters
Mairon
A Maia who is not, nor has ever been associated with, Sauron. Compulsively organized, extremely tech-savvy. May or may not have invented spreadsheets, scrum boards, and Gantt charts. He/him.

The Intern
Fetcher of coffee extraordinaire. May answer correspondence which Mairon deems beneath his talents, or which she deems better suited to hers. Possibly paid in cat food; definitely not paid in the tears of the innocent. She/her.

George
An old work friend of Mairon's. Definitely not a Balrog. He/him.

Mairon's Mysterious Paramour
Who are they? What are they? Do they even exist at all, or is this another version of the girlfriend who lives in Canada? The world may never know.

Rules of Engagement
1. Please refrain from making direct accusations about Mairon being (or being affiliated with) Sauron, or any other known proponent of evil. Same with any of Mairon's affiliates. 'Wink, nudge' types of implications are fine.
2. This advice column is run by villainous characters. Rude behavior is to be expected, but please refrain from godmoding. (Exception: If you are playing a named villainous character of reasonably high rank, such as one of the Nazgûl, feel free to decide whether or not the Dark Lord has already told you about his new enterprise.)
3. This is an interkingdom thread, and all races are welcome.
4. Given that correspondence sent by mail is going through the Mordor Post, it can be assumed that snail mail communications may be opened and read at some point. If you prefer not to potentially have minions open, read, and interact with your character's correspondence, please indicate IC that security measures were taken to prevent it from being intercepted. Correspondence via palantír is assumed to be private unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!

Guard of The Mark
Ula, Human (Corsair), She/Her

Dear Mairon,

I’ve been a self-sufficient corsair captain running my own ship for several years now. It’s a point of pride that I never asked my mother or one of my brothers for anything, mostly because nothing comes for free and family charges more than usual. Unfortunately, last year, my ship (and crew, which is another problem) sank due to unforeseen consequences during a raid. Getting back on my feet has been hard, what with the lack of available ship available in Mordor. I even took it upon myself to travel a bit, getting out to Rohan, before heading back to where I washed up the first time.

Anyway, my problem is that getting myself back in the swashbuckling game on my own is slow going what with this being mostly (flaming) dry land, but if I go home where the getting is better, I’m likely to have to deal with my family breathing down my neck, trying to kill me in my sleep, and generally undercutting everything I do AND my self-confidence.

Corsairing is all I’ve ever wanted in life, but is the pirate’s life for me worth the family drama to keep the dream alive?

Sincerely,
Ula-of-a-Dozen-Siblings

Easterling
Mairon, Maia (who is definitely not Sauron), he/him

Dear Ula-of-a-Dozen-Siblings,

Ah, the delights of having your own family hold you back from reaching your full potential! Difficult, isn't it? I certainly sympathize. However, you may be pleased to hear that your problem is the sort which has a very clear solution:

Kill your entire family first, before they have the opportunity to kill you.

Though of course, I realize it may not be that simple. Perhaps your relatives may yet have their uses. Or, perhaps you are too sentimental to engage in familicide. (If the latter is the case, I would advise you to partake in exercises to improve your sense of self-worth. It should be obvious to all that one owes neither loyalty nor affection to those who would attempt to kill them in their sleep, family or no.)

Regardless, if killing your entire family is not among your available options, I would advise that you take some time to yourself to consider precisely what makes Corsairing hold such strong appeal for you. Why is it all you've ever wanted in life? Are there truly no other occupations which might provide the same or even greater fulfillment? Or is it simply that you've never dared to dream of aiming higher?

There are many options available in life for those who choose to reach out and seize them. I would advise you to consider yours - and once you've chosen your course, reach out and seize them by the throat.

With warm regards and best wishes for your future endeavors,
Mairon

Arien
Arien
Dear Marion,

My darling - I was so glad to receive word of you. It has been too long since I was clasped in your rapturous arms with my head pillowed on your fragrant bosom. Alas, such joys are present only in my memory as I toil in this far land - but for a brighter future, my sweet! Soon the day when once again we can wander in the greenwood and I can impress you with the size of my longbow, but until then I can but dream of you.

Outraged I was to hear of your troubles and that your surly uncle does not permit you to buy the finest lace for your kerchiefs. My darling, were I there, I would strangle the knave with his own tablecloths and then valiantly cut them into delicate lace with my supreme sword work, (I presume that’s how handkerchiefs are made), not neglecting to order a maid to launder them thoroughly first, of course.

I must go: I have blessed this letter with a hundred kisses and hope it reaches you soon, although I have little faith in the messenger I have employed to deliver it. He swears he knows the way and will have it in your hand without fail but to me he seems suspiciously sickly and keeps croaking the word “Gollum”, but alack, there are few enough couriers that I am obliged to take his word for it.

Forever and forever, yours!

Robin
cave anserem

Easterling
Intern

Kindly deal with this drivel posthaste. I will not permit it to befoul my inbox any longer.

M.

The Intern, fetcher of coffee extraordinaire, she/her
Master Mairon,

Ooh, how cute! Can I eat him?

Oh-so-winsomely,
The Intern

Intern,

No. As was clearly stated in the job description, I do not permit vacations, and I am certainly not approving a special leave of absence just so that you can track down and eat the sender of this letter.

There are plenty of other eligible people to eat within a more reasonable walking distance. I suggest you eat one of them.

M.

My most eminently reasonable Master Mairon,

So... what you're saying is that if he comes within a reasonable walking distance, then I can eat him?

With perfect innocence,
The Intern

Intern...

You are indeed a fast learner. I'm proud of you.

Fine. I did say you could eat someone within a reasonable walking distance, and you may do so. But if you choose to try and lure this person within a reasonable walking distance, you will do so independently of this enterprise and without any affiliation to it. (We are, after all, an entirely upstanding enterprise. Ahem.)

No, you're not fired, but you may not do this on company time, nor may you use company supplies, connections, etc. And if part of your strategy includes responding to this creature in kind, you will take appropriate security measures to ensure no one but the intended recipient reads your reply. The last thing we need right now is a sudden outbreak of projectile vomiting in the mail service.

M.

My dear, sweet, delicious Robin,

Words cannot express my delight at receiving so delectable a letter from you, my darling. Oh, how I long for the exquisite taste of your blood lips, so luscious and full — to hold you in my arms and savor the sweet aroma of your ardor, poured forth from your severed arteries like a river of crimson velvet! Yet what a torment it is to long for you so, with you so far away in body and yet so close to my aching heart.

Will you not come to me, my sweet? Permit me but a little enticing morsel of your raw flesh presence? Even the smallest taste would strengthen me so — but a drop, even, with a love as potent as yours. How desperate is my desire for you — in earnest of hope, I have enclosed directions for where I can be found, and I hope they will carry you as wind to where I wait with open arms.

With eager adoration,
Your Marion

P.S. — Pay no mind to any hint of volcanic ash you might find about the envelope. If you think of it at all, my sweet, think of it only as the evidence of how truly my heart burns for you.

Éowyn
Éowyn
Dear Mairon,

I was ousted from the ranks after an unfortunate encounter with an enemy who forced my hand to kill my own commander. Unfortunately, this means I can no longer work in my chosen profession. It has left me rather bereft; as if there is an emptiness in my chest that I cannot seem to fill.

People around me tell me to consider my talents and see what my other options are.
The problem is that I cannot seem to find an option that has enough of an appeal.
I'm good with an axe, but lumber doesn't really speak to me.
I'm an excellent shot with the bow, but being a professional hunter seems like a lonely life.
I can play music, but the thought of playing for money feels like soliciting.
I'm diplomatic, but I don't want to leave my home to be some kind of ambassador and interior politics seem incredibly boring to me.

In other words, no ideas are forthcoming.

Everyone around me seems ill at ease to discuss the subject with me in depth - as if they fear I might break down over it. I find the idea slightly offensive, but am not willing to put time and energy into convincing them otherwise. When I heard about your advice colomn, I was intrigued.

Can you offer some insight, perhaps?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Mr. Out of Work
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Easterling
George, Mairon's BFF (who is definitely not a Balrog), he/him
Hey Mairon,

Are you feeling all right? Being angry enough to eat nails is one thing, but being angry enough that every shopkeeper in the area runs out of nails entirely is a little... concerning.

What's wrong, exactly? Is there anything I can do?

George

George, my friend,

Nothing is wrong. Except for the fact that despite my millennia of administrative experience, I continue to be astounded anew by the sheer banality of the things the free peoples of Middle Earth find to complain about.

Take this letter, for instance. There is an obvious solution here — so obvious, in fact, that a full-grown dragon waltzing into a perfume store and immediately sneezing it out of existence would be downright subtle by comparison. Clearly, the author of this letter suffers from an excess of available life choices. Therefore, the simplest and most obvious solution is to eliminate some of those choices. Say, by accepting a generous offer of leadership from another nation governed by individuals with literal millennia of leadership experience, for example.

But if anyone were to make that suggestion, would they take it? No! Of course not! They'd be offended at the very idea!

I swear, George, did Ilúvatar include a few refrains of "allergic to rational thought" in the Music, back in the beginning? Because I don't recall any such thing, but at this point, I'm convinced that it must have been in there.

...Or maybe it was Yavanna. She'd be just the hippy-dippy type to do something like that.

Tch. Ridiculous, either way. Now, you'll have to excuse me — I have a truly inane letter that either myself or the Intern will have to answer. I haven't decided which it will be yet.

M.

Mr. Out-of-Work,

I presume that before deciding to change careers entirely, you did consider options such as looking for a similar position with another nation or organization?

You see, while your previous record of having killed a commander may act as a roadblock, it need not prevent you from continuing in your career entirely. For example, you might consider seeking employment under a different name which lacks the same baggage, such as 'Monsieur Sans Emploi' rather than 'Mr. Out-of-Work'. You also might consider seeking employment in another locale, such as one where killing one's commander is considered a routine means of career advancement. There are a fair number of these locales, if you simply expand the range of your search. Particularly in the east, you may well find that your current professional roadblock is in fact a professional asset.

If in the end you still pursue a change of career, I would advise you to give some of these options a chance — a real chance, not an 'idly thinking about it' sort of chance — before deciding that you don't care for them. I am told that most people do not, in fact, have the luxury of worrying overmuch about what profession they will find most fulfilling — first and foremost, they need to worry about putting food on the table and a roof over their heads. I would advise taking a leaf from their book and simply picking something and sticking with it for a while. You may find that you enjoy it more than you thought you would.

Failing that, you might consider walking up to the nearest Corsair, politely introducing yourself, and explaining your problem to them. I am confident that they would be able to aid you in ensuring that you have unambiguous directives and a great deal of structure in both your life and your career.

Cordially,
Mairon

Arien
Arien
My beloved Marion,

I am ecstatic beyond words that you have written back to me, my fabulous darling. Indeed, I had no idea that you could even write, being as Ladies of Quality have more important things to fill their hours, such as reclining on Couches, talking about Childbirth and Cookery, and other things beginning with the letter C. I had hoped beyond hope that someone of letters might read my missive to you, or at the least that you would recognise my tears and my scent upon the letter (I slept upon it to make sure it would be extra pungent, and of course when upon Crusade it is hard to get a chance at one’s bi-monthly bath); and that, perhaps, you might even return to me, wordless, something to remember you by, perhaps a choice bit of embroidery, perhaps even one depicting your exquisite ankle?? But as usual I am running ahead of myself - I am impressed, Mightily so, perhaps even a little Afear’d, of your exquisite Literacy, ha ha, I hope you don’t go getting any Funny Ideas after we are Married. But then again there were lots of Crossings Out in your missive so I need not worry yet that you will not make the Perfect Wife.

How I long too to be in your rapturous arms!! O many a month or year I have been gone (it’s hard to be sure about the timetable of this invasion and every time I ask a local about dates they politely offer me some sort of fruit, really not sure what that is about) and I am surely due some leave! I shall speak to my captain Forthwith and explain how utterly Charming you are, and how delicious you smell (you may speak of the reek of ash but I assure you it is nothing to the reek of a hundred unwashed men bunking together). I Must Say, if you could find it in your lavish heart and fingers to embroider me but the tiniest image of your delicate Feet, think me not uncouth, I dare say it would move even his stony Heart to understand why I must be with you immediately!!!!

Ardently yours,

Robin
cave anserem

Easterling
Master Mairon,

You must see Robin's reply to my letter. You simply must. What is wrong with him?? He thinks his future wife shouldn't be literate!

'Funny Ideas', pah — I'll show him 'funny'!

With affront,
The Intern

Intern,

Well, this is appallingly sexist, isn't it? However, I am quite confident in your ability to put the writer of this drivel in his place. Among your people, a man who dared to express such sentiments would swiftly be devoured for his temerity, would he not?

Or, if you prefer, I would be happy to reach out to him myself. As an equal-opportunity employer, it is important to me to ensure that all of my minions have the support they need to succeed in their roles. While I don't think this quite rises to the level where it would be merited to send one of our senior administrative, operational, and compliance professionals (who are definitely not Nazgûl) out to express our strong displeasure in person, sending a nasty letter undermining the no doubt already fragile masculinity of this sexist idiot is certainly the least I can do. Provided, of course, that you want me to do so — as I said, I have full confidence in your ability to handle this dimwit yourself.

Given this new information, I am willing to revise my previous conclusion that eating this individual would not be an appropriate use of company time. It is now quite evident that devouring him would be an act in service of the greater good, and as the leader of an entirely upstanding organization, I am of course naturally inclined to support such. While I still will not approve a special leave of absence simply so that you can track down this individual and eat him, you are more than welcome to use company resources in your efforts to lure him within a reasonable walking distance.

Just don't go overboard. Standard restrictions on luring expenditures still apply.

M.

P.S. — After a second read, it occurs to me that given this individual's apparent lack of personal hygiene, it might be inadvisable to devour him yourself. In lieu of such, I recommend either feeding him to the spiders — or at least giving him a bath first. I realize that you do not typically cook your meals prior to consuming them, but eating someone who hasn't bathed in weeks somehow sounds far more disgusting than simply eating people raw.

My most delicious Master Mairon,

Oh, you're so sweet! (*♡∀♡) What's most annoying of all is that this twit obviously isn't within a reasonable walking distance yet. Soon... oh, I'm so hungry.

Why don't you come over here and look over the draft of my response? There might be one or two points that I'd like to d̴̮̼͎̞̣̾́̊̓̔̀͘͜͜͜e̷̜̰̠̲̹̯̊̋̊̈̑̄͆͠v̴̢͖͕͚̲̬͇̘̠̦̜͙̼̓̆͠ò̴̜ù̶͚̖̫̜͈͕̯̺͛͒r̵̨͔̻̼̀̈͘̚͝ — I mean, pick your brain on. S̶̝̞̤̈́̌̈́̏̆̀̐̾̍̚̚̕͝-̶̠̙͙͖̠̆̈͒̂͋̕ͅs̶̡̡̢̝̜̼̦̭͈̹̲̲͋̅̋̒̓́̏ǫ̸̨̧̢̡̟̩͙͚̙͕̜̾̎̂̌͛͊̆̍̀̿͠͠.̵͍̠̰̜̯͓̦̦͚̙̭̆̌͛̍́͊͌́͜͝.̴̧̺̱̜͎̈́̋͊̓͌́̏̊.̵̧͍̳̦̠̻͇͉̋̕͘ͅ ̸̠̘̣̘̞̼̻͋͊̿̅̀͒́̍̉͑͆͊̐̑͝ş̵̨̥̼̝͇̤͔̗̳̗̲̖̩͉͍̣̘̫͙͍̰̭̓͛̊̊̋͊́̔͗͒̿͝͝ͅo̶͈̯͓͊͗͆̈́͘ ̴̡̡̢͓̮̝̫̺̜͕̩̮̻͔̠̤̹̳̥̮͚̣̘̌̒̀͜h̶̩̠̯̲͚̫̗̹̤̱̭͙̺̞͙̝̮̞͕͑͜û̵͍̻̞͇̼͎̭͔̘͓̳͉͉̳̂̑̅̿̋̽͒̏̄͘͜͜n̷̮͉̻̣̲͔͌͒́̏̓͆͌̽̀̏̈̽͆͛͛̌͑̈́̾̅͗̕͝g̴̨̗̤̖͇̗̲̣̩̟̖̼̺͖̼̦̻͓̽̃̔̍́͗͆̄͂͌̍̈́̇́͑̌͑͗̑̚̕͜ͅr̷̡̡̡̠̻̫̟͙̘̙̭͖̲̘̗̲̝͑̍͛͐̊͂̆̽͜͜y̵̡͕̦͓͚̾̀͊̉̍͑̄̐̐̋̏.̸̩̜̗̖͙͙̥̳̞͓͕͔̬̺͔̅͗́̄̊͛̊̕.̸̡̡̛͎͙͇͎̹̝̪͇͇̠̭̯͕͉̮̰̱̼̔̈̄͊̈́̌̄̄͆͊̋̓̍̽̈́̈́̕͜͜.̵̨̫̫̣̌̓̌̄͝ ̶̡̠͔̩͙͈̮̫͚̻̈́́̀̊̈́̅̿̈̈I̷͚̟̭̳̯̰̝͍̪̬̘̦̣͕̐̀̿͆͑́͐̀͒̒͆̃̍͋̽̒͝ͅ'̷̨̧̨̰̹̲̹͎̪̰̮͙̣̝̮͐̂͋́͆̐̅͑͗́̿͋̎̀͐͑͆̿̒́̂͌͊̎̔͂͂̃͆́̒̾̅̉͘͘͘͝͝m̸̢̡̡̡͙͖͓̙͈̬̭̩͖̺̝͍̩͉̯̫͍͇̮̺̖̺̘̬̭̠͚̳̻̫͍̄̆̑̐͒͑͒͒̒̔̅́͜͝͝͠ ̵̡̧̨̨̤̯̭̲͈̭̫̭̩͓͍̲̯̗̘̰͖̻̺̮͕̘̟̝́̂̓̑̆̂̓̉͘͘͜͜͜ͅͅś̴̢̢̧̛̛̹̱͖͉̻͚͕̘͎͈̭̬̱̝̜͕͉̬̠͈̻̮͙͉̳̬̜͑͒̅̔̅̀̽̅̀̄̉̈̌͆̐̍͛͋͊̆̈̀̀̂͌̚͜͜͠͝͝ǫ̸̡̯̯͒̈́̀̇̈́̏̾̓̿̈̋̈́̌͋͆̐̌̈͛̓̾́ ̷̡̧̡̛̛͕̘̮͉̳̜͕͖̟̹̳̥͙̮͔͇͍̘̰̤̭̜̥̻̖̮̝̬͖̞̭͛̅̄͋̇̓͊̽̇̔̍̓͌̋̐͑̈̃͗͘̚͜͜h̴̢̢̢̢̧̛̖̹̣͔̟͓̘̣͕͙͓͓͎̘̝̥̪͍̓̅̏̐̌̆͗̓͂͊̋̐̐̈̅̍̐͒͆͋̿̐͗͊͂̓͂͊͑͒͑͌͘͜͠͝ͅů̶̢̡̨̡̼̗̙̰̭̳̰̫̻͇̯̤̠̭̦͎̜͓̫̫̲͍̉͆̊̆́̌͘͜͜͠ͅń̵̛̛̬̎̐̂͌͌́̐̇̅͐̊̈́́̾̓̔͌͗͊͐̓̉́̇̂̾͗́̚̕̚̕̚̚͝͠ģ̴̧̣͓̥͇̪̥̘͈̮̰̘̠͓̦̺͕̮̥͆̆͛̈́̈̄͒̂̊̊̍́̍̏̊̇͗̆͐̔͆̐̈́̕͘̚͜͜͝͝r̴̢̮̲̞̥͎̻̩̲͚̫̖̖̫̦͉̩̞͓̟̟̯͚͖̯̪̦̗̭̞͙̟̘̘̳̺̈͗̅͜ͅͅy̵̧͇̥̫͖̩͓͐̉͗̇̈́́͒͗͊̅̿͊̍͗̕͘͝͝.̷̧͍̩̼̱͉̳͚̭̙̝̬̘̞̊̾̋͒̊̾̄͗͂͐̔̿̅͐̌̃́̉͋̅̀̊͗̈̕ͅ.̴̨̧̧̡̘̹̠̖̪̲̱͕̜͍̖͇̜̯̙̝̪̗͉̰̫̫̭̿̌.̵̨̨̨͍̼̦̼̮͕̠̺͕̱̫̲̭̖̩̖̞͎͎̗̯͕͓̞͕̙͔̗̙͈̝̪͚̯͇̅͒͐̀̆̍͒͆̓̊͛̾͂̃͂̔̾̐̚͘͜͠͝͝ ̷̨̧̟̗͚̯̳͖̹͕̗̜̟͖̀͆̉̎̎̌̈͛̆͗̔̓́̿͂͜ͅm̷̡̨̨̘͖̪̠̥̯͍̦͖̱̼͖͈̞̪̥̲̈́̽͗̅͊̑͊̾̽̃̔̓̑̚ͅų̴̨̱͕̤͉̰͖͇̩̭̺̱̣͉͖͇̗̝̰̹̰̼̮̼͙̟͉̻̲̙̀̾̊̌̈́̆́̌̿̋͛̿̀̑̔̑͛̈͗͑̆͗̿̚̚̕͝͝s̴̨̡̛̛̞͚̟̟͚͉͚̦̘̠̼̫̩͖̞̩̬̘͚̘̣͔̳̟͓̲̹͉͊̈́̅̾̅͐̉̄̆͂̆̾̀̅̓̿̾́͑̔̅̏͊̔̉̏̉͋͆̈̋́̏͗̏͘͘͝͝͝t̷̨̡̡̨͎͓̼͚̤͙͙̰̤̭̥̺̤͇͍̪͈͙̰̜͎̳̹̬̘̲̖̰̹͙̪̯̲̳̜͍̝̃́̿̿̾̈́̆͐̇̆̽̈́̈́́̈́̾̅͂̋͊͗͑̈́̉̈̌̾͗̐̃̐̿͋͊̈́̚͜͝ͅ ̷̡̧̨̨̨͖̠͕͖̙͉̹̳͎͙͙̥̼̬̟͎̹͈̪̘̥͎̜͍̪̻͔̰͓͊̈́͋͐̿̾̈́̈́͒̓̀̈́̒̅e̶̟͛̏̓̀͆̒̒͒͌͝a̸̧̢̛̭̮͕̭̫͓̯̠̘̪̠͔̹̣̮͓̱̝̞̱̲̞̦̖͍̋̌̂̐͛̽̊͌̈̂̌̈́̐͌̒͐̐͑̿̈́̒̿́̀̽̈́̾͘͘͝͝ͅt̷̡̨̧̙͖̬̘̟͔̦̳̪͈̭̝̖̗͚̒͌͒̈́͂̒̈́̈́̈̀̈́͒̍͠.̵̧͓̺̣̻̙͉͇͉̣͈͙̱͍͈̦̙̻̜̱̽̑̏̆̌͘͘͝.̸͙̹̪̩̺̩̥̹̠͚̳͓̉̂̐͂̅͐͑̏̎͆̄͛͆̓̂͗̏̈́̕͘͝͝.̵̨̧̛̛̮̙̝̖̹̤̰̤͍͎͙̰͎͉̲͔̰̹̰̝͔͔͍̻̯͎̖̪̏́̓̏́̓͒̏̓̀́͑̓́́̾̂̔͂̆͊̑̏̎͑̐̎̄̀̓̒̍̓͋̓̊̀̈̾͒̌̒͋̍͗̈́͜͜ ̸̡̛̛̮͔͚̹̜̭̤̪̰̦̲̪̻̤̙͍͍̑̈́̈̓͒̓̾̍͋͗̋͒̀͗̅̏̀̿̌́͑̍̓̀̾͐͊̈́́̈̄̃̀̊̍̍̂͑̕̕̚͝͝͝͝͝F̵̧̧̨̡̛̺͕̹̺̥͖̱̼͙̥̹̻̳̗͙͖͇̬̟̳̖͔͙͇̳̝͔̜͚̦͙͚̹̬̙͓̖̲͖̝̱̙͕̮̅̔̒̅̌ͅͅͅͅL̵̨̨̢̧̨̧̨̧̡͚̟͈̩̖̬͈͖̜̻̙̟̪̣͍͍̙̖̫̰͓̫̜̜̣͈̻̼͎̗̬̩̥̰͍̦̞̟̤͎̗̬̬͈̣̮͉̦͇̞͔̝̮̠̤̠̩͇̱͕͗̓̀̿̾̈̈́̈́͆̑̆̚̚͘̕͠Ë̴̤̺̫͚̹̺̭̹̱͕̳́̽͑̂̽̌̎̈́͐͐̿̆̇̀͐̏̔̿̾̎̋̽̆́̽̏̚̕̕̕͝͝S̸̡̢̧̧̛̛̞̤̞̬̹̱̭̩̬̜͍͔̱̲̣͙͕̥͍̩̗̦͕͎̟̤̱̤̩̹͉̪̣͔̬̩͚̹̞̮̻̼̗̥̦̰̮̜͚̦̭̜̦̦̞̥̣̝͈̯͎̲͌̅̓̇͐͌͗̎̆̊͛́̀̌̀̒̅̏̈́̅̈̊́̑͌̽̊̂̆͐̇͌̋̐͆̿̆̅͌̔̊̏̐̓̔̎̌̈́̆͛̎̀̇̀̆̿̎́̾̕̚͘͘͘̕͜͠͝ͅH̵̨̧̨̥̤͇̗̞͙̯̙̭͓͙͓̼̎̈́͐͗͊͋̾̂̓̆͊̒͒̏̀̉̌̒̄̇͌̓͗̽͆͋̂̇̑̓̊͒̔͐̍̅̈́́̋̾͘̕͘̚̕̕͠ͅͅͅ.̶̧̡̡͕̥̣͇͈̳͉̟̦͔̰͐͆͂̓̊̒̅͛̓̂̈͛̇͛͂͗́̾̐̀͛̒̂̃̂̆̄̐̈͐̃̿́̍̈̍̏̚͜͠͠͝ͅ.̶̧̨̡̡̦̰͙̞͈͔̣͚͍̻̦͍͙̗̳͕̟̞̮̜͇̰͍̣̳͇̀̾͑̀̃̃̀̎͊͋̀̉̍̋̍̊̓̉̈́͂̌̓́͌͘͠͠ͅ.̶̧̨̢̧̡̰̰͍̜̯͈̦̞͇̼̲̻̮̼͔͔͕͓̬̗͖̘̗̤̱̮͓̗̯̳͇͕̭̱͓͈͔̖͖̰̼̟̙̣̤̗̎͋̾̈̌̍̍̽͛̉͒̏̆͐́̒̉̐͒̒̈̓͂͘̚͘͘ͅ

Oh-so-invitingly,
The Intern

Intern

First, no. Second, no. Third, absolutely not. As we discussed during your probationary period, it is prohibited by company policy to eat your boss, Steve from Accounting, or any other employee(s) or affiliate(s) of this company.

Fourth, assuming you didn't already eat the departmental courier (which is fine, I was about to fire him anyway), you have a paid lunch break — use it. Regardless of whether you ate the courier, continue to use it henceforth. That is literally why it's there.

M.

Master Mairon,

Sorry about that. I was hungry because I woke up late today and didn't get the chance to catch breakfast, but next time I'll be sure to just eat someone on the way to work. The lunch you sent was delicious — thank you for sending him to me! I'll have to return the favor sometime.

Returning to the original subject, of course I'll respond to the twerp! What a silly little morsel he is. I have half a mind to see if I can locate the real Marion, too. I'd like to reach out to her in a sisterly way, about how much better life can be when women are literate, independent, and devour those who think them inferior. Thoughts?

With mild chagrin,
The Intern

P.S. — Don't you worry about Robin's hygiene. You must have grown up in a good neighborhood, Master Mairon — when I was growing up, my family would never have wasted potable water on bathing, let alone bathing our meals. Blood was far more abundant, so we typically used that if necessary.

Intern,

You're welcome, and no worries. Please do not return the favor, as I prefer my food a) cooked, b) cleaned, and c) unquestionably deceased. Do continue to eat regular meals, and let me know if you're having any trouble catching them. As the leader of an entirely upstanding organization, it is important to me to ensure that none of our employees go hungry.

Yes, you may put out some inquiries regarding this 'Marion'. I'm rather skeptical about the likelihood of success, however, as it seems likely that this woman can't read. Perhaps try putting out a notice in pictographs. Do not make expenditures for this beyond the routine use of company equipment and networks, as greater good or no, I am considering this other endeavor a pet project of yours until such a time as it actually produces results.

I'm not even going to touch the postscript about the bloodbaths. That seems... incredibly unsanitary rather beyond the scope of this email. Perhaps we can put the subject of funding water supplies for your neighborhood on the agenda for my next Board of Director meeting — you know, the one attended by me, myself, and I.

—M.

Master M.,

You've got it, boss!

Intern

My darling, scrumptious Robin,

Oh, my delicious sweetheart, I beg of you — rebuke me not for my newfound literacy! It were only for the exquisitely sweet taste of your blood love of you that I took up my Letters. So many tears I have pour'd forth over every Token of you, every sweetly tormenting reminder of your beloved presence — such weeping that I fear'd mine eyes would run dry, my love, for my grief in your absence could fill Oceans. Unbearable it was to imagine that I might not be able to devour you a single Word from you might pass me by for fault of my own poore Education — no rest could I find in comforts of Couch or Bed till I sought and mastered, poorly as I may, the Words which you wield as well as any sworde.

Yet now — o, my dearest, how terrible is the icy Blade which pierces my heart when I imagine that you might be cross with me — how swiftly do I swoon upon that Couch. Stricken am I then, as a Doe caught unawares by the hunter's feathered Shaft as I hope you soon will be, for how I salivate to imagine crunching your bones between my teeth — and oh, how my hands do tremble to hold the embroidery needle. Yet how dearly do I feel I must fulfill your request, to give you some means by which to fondly remember me... and I say to myself, I must go on.

The fruits of my labor are enclosed, my darling, my delicious morsel, and I can but pray that they will bring you hither to my arms.

Adoringly yours,

Marion

Enclosed:

Embroidery (Cross Stitch) #1

Embroidery (Cross Stitch) #2
⭐️

Arien
Arien
my darling Marion:

Forgive the lateness of this reply. Unfortunately, I was so overcome by your exquisite embroidery that I lost a valuable few hours when I ought to have been on watch, tenderly caressing the threads and imagining the moment when You yourself would be in my warm embrace, and perhaps also fantasising just a tiny bit about the arch of your foot and my God, your exquisite ankles and lickable toes and

Paper gives way to smudges and possible erased content

[/i]

At any rate, suffice it to say that Alas! I was perhaps paying perhaps less attention than I ought, and my company and I have been cAptured and are being held for Ransom. Fear not though, I am sure that swiftly we may be released. One of my companions in exile here is a Moorish Prince who assures me that for the trifling sum of twenty thousand gold pieces, our ransom will be assured PLUS the purchase of a Moorish duchy, he assures me that his uncle is Very Wealthy, and will reward anyone who ransoms us all with a Rich Inheritance!

So please send the 20,000 gold pieces by post to

Prince Khalandur, Market Stall 437,
Underneath Purple Awning
Walled Citie of Lucera

Ardently awaiting your response,

Robin
@Csevet Aisava
cave anserem

Arien
Arien
My sweet Marion,

It has been the longest time since you wrote. I can only presume that you are out raising the gold pieces for my ransom - not a jot of what I’m worth, I’m certain, but the exchange rate over here is rather odd, and I understand there are difficulties with supply due to dissolution from certain trade bloc entities - but anyway, you won’t understand any of this, my darling - I can only beg you to hurry, as my companions and I are being relieved of digits as our captors grow impatient and I am seriously concerned that one of them is planning to remove my nose. Of course a stalwart bride as yourself would not be concerned about things like my incredible beauty but I do confess I would miss it greatly.

Passionately yours, as much of me remains;

Robin

@Csevet Aisava
cave anserem

Melkor
Melkor
Dear Mairon,

A friend and I had an argument over whether Were-Worms and the Last Desert existed or not. After murdering the friend, I decided to ask for your knowledge and expertise on the matter to settle this post-mortem debate. It would give me great comfort as I dance on their grave, assuming they'll let me back in eventually. Here are my questions:

1. Do Were-Worms exist?
2. Does the Last Desert exist?
3. Do Were-Worms exist in the Last Desert?
4. Can they be affixed to fishing rods to catch Were-Fish?

From,
Exiled River-Folk Murderer