The Spring Festival

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Steward of Gondor
@Pele Alarion

Xyler

"Hmm, good point," Xyler nodded as he glanced at the kitten. "She might be hungry. Do you think she's old enough to be away from her mother?" He wondered in concern, unsure about such things. He had little experience with animals other than horses, and had no idea what age to guess the kitten at.

"I hope you'll be able to find somewhere to keep her," he added. "Are you allowed to have a pet, where you live?" He wondered, thinking vaguely of his own place, in case she had nowhere else to take the little cat. But he hardly knew Hadassa, and didn't know if it was even a good idea to suggest that idea. "I could probably see about getting some milk or something if you need it?"

Looking around, he didn't see much else around that looked all that intriguing, but he wouldn't mind a bit of dessert. It had been a little bit since those badger burgers, and the piece of apple hadn't been much. "What about we go and get something sweet before we set off to where we each need to go? I'll need to ask the head healer about taking a few days off. I think she'll grant it, since I'm wanting to go see my grandma, but I still need to ask." He motioned toward the food stalls. He figured he had just enough money left for some dessert. "Want to?"
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Warden of Tower
@Rillewen
Hadassa

"Well, I don't know, Xyler," Hadassa wondered, thinking back to how things were done back in her village. "I think the kitten is barely big enough to get on by herself, though I am not completely sure. Even if she wasn't, I doubt we could find her mother now. Unless she comes looking for her kitten." The girl was not sure she would be willing to give the kitten up in that case, but perhaps she would. And the matter of housing the cat made her frown. "I live at the barracks, and I doubt they'd allow a cat. Sort of wanted to sneak her in..."

"Mmm... A slice of fruit pie sounds like a good option," Hadassa murmured, turning towards the stalls selling food. "Well, I hope the head healer will be able to spare you for a bit so you can visit," she added.

Steward of Gondor
@Pele Alarion

Xyler

Xyler moved into the line for the food vendors, thinking about Hadassa's situation with the kitten. He considered it for a few minutes while he waited on the line to move up, and finally spoke up. "If you absolutely can't find anywhere else to keep her," He began, slightly hesitant, because he wasn't sure she would even want to go with this option, "Well, I've got a small house that they let me live in, near the Infirmary." He explained. "It's just me there, and as far as I know no one's forbidden from having animals, and even if they are... who's gonna know?" He shrugged, then smiled slightly. "Anyway. Just thought I'd offer, in case you can't find any better solution. I could take care of her for you, and you could come and see her as much as you like."

Reaching the window of the stall, he was delighted to see that they had one of his favorite treats available, and eagerly requested one of those. After paying, he stepped aside to let Hadassa order what she wanted, while happily biting into the cream and fruit filling. He waited for her to rejoin him so he could find out what she might say to his offer, expecting she would probably rather keep the kitten elsewhere, rather than at someone's house whom she had only just met.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Warden of Tower
@Rillewen
Hadassa

With a slight frown Hadassa thought over the options - the kitten would require a proper home and care, and now that the little creature depended on her for it, she would make sure not to let her down. She did not reply right away and waited to get something edible first. She glanced at Xyler's choice and thought it delicious looking, yet decided to stick with her previous wish for the fruit pie. It still had cream and fruit - only on top of a thick slice of biscuit rather than inside a cone.

"You know what," Hadassa addressed Xyler after having a bite off of the pie and taking the time to chew on it. "I will see if I can hide her in my room, try to see if I can get permission to keep her, and if nothing works, I'd rather leave her with you than with some other people."

For a few moments she stood enjoying the pie and looking around at other people eating or playing some games. "Suppose, can't have fun aaaaaaall the time, hmm?" she drew out the word and turned to Xyler. "I'm sure we haven't seen everything yet, but... the kitten. And I wouldn't want to spend all of my hard-earned coins in one day. I wonder if I could just look without taking part or buying," she laughed, still half in doubt of whether to stay or to go home.

Steward of Gondor
@Pele Alarion

Xyler

Xyler nodded when she declared her preferences. "Alright. Well, good luck with your barracks, then." He wasn't entirely sure how to take care of a cat, but he'd surely be able to figure it out without too much difficulty, if it came down to it. He took a bite of his dessert and closed his eyes with a smile. "Mmm." This was one of his favorite desserts, and while it was better when his grandma made it, this was still quite delicious.

After a moment, when Hadassa spoke again, he nodded. She made a good point. "Yeah, I really should get back so I can find out about getting time off." He grinned. "You know where the infirmary is, if you need to find me," He added. "If you come there looking for me, and I'm not working at the time, then just ask any of the healers there and they can direct you to which house is mine." He added. That ought to be easier than telling her directions, since something like that could be forgotten over the period of a few days or so, and all of the houses looked alike.

"Well, Hadassa, it seems it's time we parted ways." He declared. "I'll see you when we meet Unalmis and Eryn, then." He added with a smile. "Bye until then. It's been nice talking with you..." He paused, and then added with a hint of mischievousness in his blue eyes, "Ma'am." With a teasing grin, he waved and set off toward the infirmary hastily, hoping to get away before she might retort anything back.

High Warden of Tower
@Rillewen
Hadassa

"I hope... I won't be kicked out of my room along with this cat," Hadassa laughed, though she imagined that it was likely she'd only get proper scolding, some extra duties, and removal of the cat from the premises. But perhaps she could figure things out before that happened. "Though I will surely look for you if things go really bad."

"However..." she remarked after a brief pause. "I hope our next meeting would not be because of this but rather to meet up for a bit of adventure."

When Xyler set off with a parting shot her way, Hadassa opened her mouth to counter the silly attack, but he was already on the way. "I'll show you ma'am, sir!" she eventually hollered after him, drawing attention from the nearby folks, laughed quietly to herself, and headed back to her living quarters - hands full with sweets, and a sleeping kitten in her hood.