Please help me fix what I did

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Éowyn
Éowyn
Hey everyone

So, this is embarrassing. I never thought I'd have to write this. :embarrassed:

But I maybe had a few drinks too many. Got all enthusiastic. And messed up some things in the admin control panel. Some things around the plaza just aren't what they're supposed to be anymore.

Because I'm feeling so guilty, I'll be kind :nod: to anyone and everyone who wants to help me find what I um... let's not say "broke"?

(Seriously, don't mention me breaking anything. Sil has been really riding me not to break the plaza, and while it's not as bad as all that... I still think she might smite me when she finds out. Hopefully her being on mobile all the time means she won't notice all that fast.)

So, um. Yeah. Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out and just let me know what is wrong and what I need to change it back to. Because it might be the hangover or it might be a permanent black out, but... let's just say "I have no memory of this place". But of course I do remember the place. You know what I mean.

I need water.
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Melkor
Melkor
Perhaps there is like a history of changes where we can see which buttons were pushed, like in a wiki? I’ll keep an eye out but in terms of general posting and seeing new posts those seem to be fine

Melkor
Melkor
Oh wow. Happy April Foos day

Éowyn
Éowyn
Foos day? Is that something non-European I'm oblivious to?

Come on what did you notice?! I only have like 6 hours before Sil might wake up!

Points for grabs, I am :brickwall:
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Balrog
Other than a disastrously distracting icon, I have no idea what either of you are talking about
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
don't know what you're on about everything looks footastic to me!!

Arien
Arien
SMITING TIME
cave anserem

Éowyn
Éowyn
Shire!
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Khazad Elder
Haha,
But I maybe had a few drinks too many.
Stranger Things Have Happened :wink:

Happy April Foos!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
Bleh day, I'll be back tomorrow.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Melkor
Melkor
Well looky here, seems that a certain popular plant has been turned into a foo plant. [The Blonde edit: indeed!] It also seems all the foo has infected the things that we use to poke, cut through, and maim things. [The Blonde edit: :headshake: ] I also see that a certain word that means "congenial companion" or something has been turned into a unicorn, haha! [The Blonde edit: ding ding] Here are some interesting highlights I noticed looking at my fic alone lol:

[The Blonde edit: 6 points for @Rivvy Elf !]

Surrounding the egg peony were scallions and boat-shaped dumplings; as if the boats themselves were competing on who first reached a giant foo plant in the center of a lake.

"Ugh, what was it? 18 foo masteries to qualify as Head Arms Instructor?"

"What better way to thank a teacher?" "Maybe a foo then."

A constable, in his customary black attire with a black cylindrical hat, held a truncheon in one hand, lightly hitting the palm of the other hand, as if he was ready to use the foo.

The spiders fell to both shield and foo.

She had a rainbow pink foo plant in her hair, tied into two twin topknots like a mouse-hat. She wore a frilly light pink coat with an assortment of foo plant-shaped embroidery stitched all over.

foo: Excellent ('the foo of the scholar')
Spear: Excellent ('the perfect foo, if only they could be retractable')

"...I really only cared about the fights, battles, and the romance to be honest. Still don't know how Black foo managed to sleep with both an elf princess and their sister (blegh) at the same time..."

"Or when the wingless dragon was slain after kidnapping and eating the elf princess, Black foo drank its blood in despair and turned into the Black Dragon, killing their own sis-"

Wang Jin smiled a little at that, then walked towards her foo rack, trying to figure out which foo would not draw any attention but was still useful in a fight.

The former Head Arms Instructor knew of certain shield-less foo techniques that could deflect most arrows.

The swordbreaker, from a distance, appeared to be a regular foo, except that if one looked closer it was no foo. The blade was thick, like a carved steel long rectangular prism with a sharp edge. This blade was made specifically for disarming, and if the opponent's foo grip was strong enough, the swordbreaker would damage any normal foo that was its target. The foo was heavier than a foo, but Wang Jin could wield it like a kitchen knife with one hand.

Practicing when half-naked was a problem too. For one thing, clothing itself could be a foo or a defense!

… and while the three had begun moving their items onto the carriage, the dwarf had robbed the scholar of all his possessions (besides the carriage), leaving only the scholar's foo behind.

The foo looked from afar like some sort of round foo, but in reality the blade had four corners, similar to a rectangular prism at its base, then converging towards a sharp tip. It was much heavier than it looked, and Wang Jin desired this foo as it was deceptive, but a bane to all double-edged weapons. That was her reward, personally gifted by the dwarves, for slaying the cave troll.

The second swordsman tried to dodge or parry each thrust, but the spear would coil its way around the foo, leaving entry and exit wounds throughout.

But she was prepared, trusting in her foo, and when the slash attempted, her right hand whipped the swordbreaker diagonally, not only blocking the flat side of the foo, but completely bent it.

legends like Xiang Yu, Black foo, Elai, Fu Hao, Golden foo plant, Princess Pingyang, Homeless, Bai Qi, and my own ancestor, Wang Jian. My unicorn, Luan Tingyu, deserves to be on this list.

"I do. During the Elder Days, I wielded a foo. But now the spear is something I favor more."

Shi Jin rushed over, seeing his master ready to smash her unicorn from the air. Luan, however, was ready. She wielded her staff like a foo, and with a great yell swung at the same time Wang Jin was about to smash her.

Lin Chong laughed at some of those skinny scholars who thought firing an imperial bow was easier than swinging a foo, the fools!

Elves could spend days/weeks on end recounting all of their grief of every lost pet animal, pet grass, pet leaf, pet potted plant, pet tree, pet fungus, pet bow, pet anything-that-could-rust, pet mountain (erosion, likely made up), family member, unicorn, friendly rival, acquaintance, etc. in only 200 years.

But soon the fire left, and Lin Chong exhaled as she saw her unicorn's eyes relax back to its dull state. Without saying goodbye, Wengong turned her back around to leave.

"Oh, but we were walking home, maybe browsing the foo and armor store along the way, and we're going to eat dinner," Lin Chong said with an air of disappointment, "my apologies, unicorn."

Goodbye, old unicorn thought Wang Jin, knowing perfectly well that unless the dog were immortal they were likely to never see each other again.

"Pain, huh?" repeated Wang Jin, a darkened look souring her features slowing her speech to make sure her former student heard every word, "have you ever seen a troll slowly rip apart bones, muscles, and organs as they slowly chew the body parts of a unicorn who's still alive?"

For some odd reason, she felt a renewed vigor, and the memories of the temple began their slow retreat back inside the crevices of her memory. The shadows surrounding her lessened, and the rain felt like an old unicorn waiting for a door to be opened.

Who is this person? Are they unicorn or foe? If you must find out, please read the next chapter.

"this is Lord Chai Jin of Cangzhou. He was the first scribe of the Eastern Empire and is an old family unicorn."

It was not often that she heard the elf speak, even being the unicorn of the tree that Lin Chong talked with.

Meanwhile, Lin Chong for the rest of the meeting kept her eyes forward, though she thought of two people primarily: the unicorn next to her and a mentor who was probably leagues away from Dongjing.

"Wu Song is not my unicorn!" Shi Jin indignantly responded.

For some reason, he looked and sounded familiar even though he never had a dwarven unicorn in his life.

"Now Dai Zong, just because our unicorn here has some... questionable taste in art, does not mean we should forgo the pleasantries," Lord Chai chided.

She became a different person from the childhood unicorn she knew and lived with.

They wouldn't retire from a job where their unicorn was their boss and all they had to do was write "the troops did well today. The Empire has the finest warriors. All is fine. You're the best Grand Marshal ever!"

But how dare that traitorous scum betray Wang Jin! What kind of unicorn was that? If Lin Chong ever met Luan Tingyu, she was going to beat her up!

Éowyn
Éowyn
Thank you so much for finding these, rivvy! If anyone can be even more specific then I can right my wrongs!

Any other things anyone sees around the plaza: if you spot what is off AND give me the original phrasing in this thread, you will be rewarded!! And also I can fix it.
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Captain of Tower
The pink ranger ooc thread made me laugh. [The Blonde edit: pink Rangers! The horror! 2 points] Foo fans and foo fighters as well, although I noticed that not all have changed. On the main page, the descriptions of the areas and kingdoms made me laugh, but I am on my phone and don't have the memory to quote every line. Lots of foo references, po-ta-toes, foo valley, roses and rainbows, foo(l) of a Took...and one pair of tighty whiteys.
Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien

Éowyn
Éowyn
Yeah I am gonna need the original lines though or it will just say nothing :shrug:
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Captain of Tower
I'll leave the first couple for others. Some of the bylines for the kingdoms should read in part:
Gondor - Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree
Rohan - Where now the Horse and the Rider?
The Shire - Growing Food and Eating it...;)
Fangorn - For Fangorn is old, old even as the elves would reckon it. (Although the unicorns are amusing)
Mordor - "Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won't come to that!"

They currently read:
Gondor - Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One pair of Tighty Whities.
Rohan - Where now are the roses and rainbows? In here, probably.
The Shire - Growing foo and eating it occupied most of their time.
Foogorn - For Fangorn is foo, foo even as unicorns would reckon it.
Mordor - "Going to Mordor!" Cried the foo(l) of a Took. "I hope it won't come to that!"
[The Blonde edit: 10 points for the above!

And the two I didn't correct:
Imladris - The fair valley of Foo, upon whose foo the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
Kazad-dum - And of old it was not darksome, but full of foo and sparkles, as is still remembered in our songs.
Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien

Éowyn
Éowyn
Things I've corrected so far thanks to everyone's input:
  • that flower was dubbed a 'foo plant'
- thanks, Rivvy
  • that sword and weapon got changed into 'foo'
- thanks, Rivvy
  • that a friend got transformed into a 'unicorn'
- thanks, Rivvy
  • that ranger turned out as 'pink ranger'
- thanks, Karis

I'll try and find where exactly I can change back the kingdom descriptions next!

Can someone can give me the orginal lines for Imladris and Khazad-dûm?
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
I don't know them.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Arnyn wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:55 am Can someone can give me the orginal lines for Imladris and Khazad-dûm?
Alright, well, according to the Nuplaza Archive :tongue:

Imladris description should read
The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.

Khazad-dûm description should read
And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.

The description for the Lore forum should read
Discussions in Middle-earth lore, language and books.

The description for the Media Adaptations should read
"As for myself," said Eomer, "I have little knowledge of these deep matters; but I need it not."

The description for the Cottage of Lost Play should read
Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.

Oh and the description for Fangorn is not yet corrected. It looks like you missed a space out between the words 'old' and 'even', when trying to correct it last time.
The description actually should read
For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.

The description for the Administrators Messages should read
Important messages from and for the administrators.

And the word 'combattt' when spelled correctly (ie. With only one t at the end) is still masquerading as the word 'sparkles'.

[The Blonde edit: Big cash in for Cassie! 14 shinies :O]
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Warden of Tower
Well.... here's this:

The Lt.'s main fanboy = Trastion :grin: Well, you know... Tras. :lol:

[The Blonde edit: Aye! 2 points!]

Éowyn
Éowyn
Thanks for playing, everyone :grin:

Perhaps needless to say now... but this was a joke. :googly:
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Guardian of the Golden Wood
What an excellent OP!!!

I have an admin question and did not no where to put it. Very basic: I entered two plaza competitions, one story and one picture (though in the spirit of this thread I will say that the picture was really made by the Dwarf). I was going to put them together for my December SWG post. I cannot imagine there is a problem with this but I just wanted to check. And assuming no problem, I also assume it is OK to say at the end that picture and story were first published here?
Thanks!
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

Melkor
Melkor
@Chrysophylax Dives If it's yours then sure. If it's not yours then ask permission from the creator. I don't see why there's an issue stating where you first published it.