Name changes - Save the Dragon's Sanity!

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Master Torturer
Thank you Frost for the idea!

Please use this thread to state who the hell you are when you change your name! You can even throw in a sentence or two for why you made the change. Obviously this is not obligatory and just if you want to make sure I don't stalk you like some kind of demented person, trying to find out who you are.

Or post your original/OP name here and I should be able to come back and see who it is when a new name appears!

StDS (Not the sexually transmitted dieseases)

Balrog
:lol: my new most used thread, incoming!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
*sneaks in, leaves her name in huge fonts and leaves* :googly:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Master Torturer
@Aikári Salmarinian Doesnt quite work like that unless you actually write it, as if you change your name it will disappear :lol: But luckily you have it in your sig!

Balrog
Frost, switching it up between blasphemous names
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
My hero <3 You will be the very last person I kill <3

Balrog
Thank you dragon mistress, I live to serve you!

Balrog
Frost, going back to an older classic name

Master Torturer
Love you long time!

New Soul
That is nice, enjoy it.:lol:

Balrog
Taking on the name of an Edgar Allen Poe classic tale

Istari Sage
This thread might as well be called "Frost's name changes - Save the Dragon's Sanity!" :lol:

Master Torturer
Very true and the irony is that he is the one member I can always recognise! And all the others changing their names dont post here! *explodes*

Istari Sage
Yeah having nearly 5k points makes Frost pretty easy to recognize even with a kingdom and name change.

Balrog
Once I get to 5k maybe I should ask the admins to reset it to 0 just to instigate insanity

Master Torturer
No.

Balrog
But hear me out: yes

Master Torturer
1000% No.

Black Númenórean
But why not?
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Master Torturer
Because it would drive me insane and this thread is all about preventing it.

Balrog
Sanity is overrated, I've thought so ever since I caught a passing glimpse of Cthulhu. Now I find it soothing to gibber and murmur phrases of eldritch nonsense and non-Euclidean geometric phrases whilst huddled in the corner under the bed, waiting... waiting...

Balrog
More Poe references

Balrog
Been ignoring this thread for a bit but I'm compelled to explain a few of my recent name changes and the reason behind them. Necessary? Absolutely (not)

Zeal & Ardor - This one ought to be obvious but I'll say it anyways, they're my current favorite band and have influenced a ton of my writing, fantasy and horror. They started off as a joke band, combining black metal with old African slave spirituals, but have since evolved into one of the best avant-garde metal bands in the last 30 years. Three albums, an EP, and a live album under their belt and each one of them is pure gold.

An Old Sad Ghost - Get ready for a torrent of dungeon synth projects. I've rekindled my passion for the sub-subgenre recently and will be annoying you all with tons of different names soon. An Old Sad Ghost is a favorite of mine, sticking with the more neo-classical vein of dungeon synth (there are so many veils it would make your head spin) and incredibly prolific. It is not uncommon to see dungeon synth artists put out three, four, or more albums out in a single year, owing to the lofi nature of the music and the fact that most dungeon synth is a single guy/goblin in a cave cranking out adventurous tunes.

Mortiis - The man that started it all. While synth music, neo-classical, and ambient have existed for decades, it was Mortiis, former bassist of the black metal titan "Emperor", that put this particular sub-subgenre on the map. In particular, he helped craft the atmosphere that most dungeon synth albums chase after. He is also connected to black metal and the atmosphere of that music scene. Those two factors are what set Mortiis apart from Vangelis or Jim Kirkwood. The band Burzum is also influential in the foundation of both black metal and dungeon synth but since I find Varg to be one of the most reprehensible humans on this earth I will be giving him no credit for anything. Mortiis also a Tolkien fan who dresses as a goblin when he performs so, I mean, it was inevitable, right? Seriously though, Tolkien's influence in dungeon synth cannot be understated; pick any album or project at random and there's at least a 30-35% chance you will get something Tolkien inspired. Everyone should go search it now.

So was all this necessary? Probably not. Will anyone read this and care? Very unlikely. Does it make me happy to write about dungeon synth again? Damn straight it does.

New Soul
Frost: Post? Who posts? I don't know anyone. :headshake: .

I was asking myself what the purpose was about the lastest inlognames you are fashioning yourself with, at almost a daily basis. The Old Sad Ghost was quite humorous when I saw it yesterday and came on. It ain't bad music to listen to. Sometimes I roam through the music thread in the OOME section, but not much is my taste really. Metal landed eventually with me, because my sister was a fan of Nightwish about twenty years ago. Via that way I found my own row of musicians I listen regularly too. Vangelis is what my parents liked when growing older and I was a teenager in the nineties. They provided music scores for movies, where I know Vangelis from. Dungeon synthesizer? Never heard of it, but always nice to snif out how something hears in the ears. :googly:

Master Torturer
I care! And I need to know what is with the glitter..

Balrog
Aik: Give them a try! Youtube and Bandcamp have tons of albums you can pick from, I recommend Argonath, Erang, and Taur-nu-Fuin (told you there are so many Tolkien inspired projects)

Windy: Because I'm the only one that can dance at the peaks and be at top ranks. It's only fun when you can shapeshift into any rank you want

Orc Chieftain
Since I'm back on a Supernatural kick (probably due to the upcoming prequel entitled The Winchesters), I changed my username back to Lady Winchester (not sure how long it will last this time), so you might want to update it in the Contact Thread. I won't be changing Naelia's bio unless someone else registers with my former username (Lady of Shadow), since there's a good chance I'll change it back (unless somebody else claims it first). I can always use this new name as a server nickname on Discord, since it's easier than changing my username. I did a similar thing on Archive of Our Own, since it seems to take forever for everything to change over to the new name, so it's easier to create another pseudonym instead. :smile:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Master Torturer
Done! @Lady Winchester

Melkor
Melkor
The Elf Imperishable has transformed back into Rivvy Elf

Orc Chieftain
Since I don't want to edit Naelia's bio (I've done that enough times already, and since I also have her in my character list on RP Repository, I'd also have to alter it there, so it's just too much of a nuisance, sort of like how Naelia feels about Lathana), I changed my username back, so you'll have to update the Contact Thread again. Sorry for all the trouble, but you know us minions! Luckily, I don't change my username that often. I once tried to change it to my character's name on the Old Plaza, but didn't like it enough for a username, so I changed it back. :wink:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Master Torturer
There, now you can change your name to your heart's content and not worry about the contact thread needing updating ;)

Guardian of the Golden Wood
Is this still the working place for name changes?

I'd like to change my name, please: Tree.

Thank you.
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

Khazad Elder
@Chrysophylax Dives - Go to User Control Panel - Profile - Edit Account Settings
The world was fair in Durin's Day