Plaza Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Guardian of the Golden Wood
An impressive statement, a welcome breath of fresh air at the time, and one of the primary reasons I decided to invest my time in the nuplaza. There is even a nod to permanent education, which is rather the mantra of my own life.

There is a 404 on the link to the Social Justice Terms.

The link is just below this line:
Below we have listed some further resources, and recommend that everyone take this opportunity to continue educating themselves.
Possibly, some new literature should today be added to the educational secondary links.
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

Arien
Arien
Thank you! We will look into it!
cave anserem

Still a 404. Perhaps you might link to an alternative document? I am sure that was not the only one to cover social justice terms and ideology.

Melkor
Melkor
@Tree We have notified Narv of this. Thanks for letting us know, by the way!

It is not like fixing the 404 is especially urgent. But I would like to read this material. Is the D.E.I statement Narv's? (I had assumed it was a sort of collective resolve.)

Arien
Arien
Thanks Tree. The DEI statement was Co-written by the admins with advice and input from some members of our community. The .404 is because the website we had linked to has been taken down so yes, we will do some research into what other websites might be useful to share.
cave anserem

Silky Gooseness wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:57 pm Thanks Tree. The DEI statement was Co-written by the admins with advice and input from some members of our community. The .404 is because the website we had linked to has been taken down so yes, we will do some research into what other websites might be useful to share.
Thank you. Would it be possible for you to explain what direction your research will take, or what will direct your research? What are your criteria of a useful share in relation to the DEI statement?

Arien
Arien
Hi - we should be getting something up very soon. We’ve all read the new page we’re intending to direct to and found it useful and informative and thus an appropriate replacement link. Thanks for your patience!
cave anserem

Thank you for your efforts. I will study this document with some interest and care. My first initial glance reveals that we have an entry for 'Islamophobia' but not for 'antisemitism'. This troubles me. May I ask how and why, at this present moment, you have all read this new page and find this appropriate?

Melkor
Melkor
@Hill did you check the
“Race, Equity and Social Justice Terms” link?

:embarrassed: Opps. I looked at the page and thought the link was updated, but I actually opened the link below: Social Justice Glossary.

My shock and horror arose from the (mistaken) thought that this was the document that you all had just chosen. Today I raise an eyebrow at the Muslim/Jewish binary that seems to lie latent in this document, a serpent's egg waiting to hatch. But I do appreciate that three years ago this egg was not visible.

My apologies! I will read the new document. Thank you all for your patience.